The Iron Giant and other childhood movies

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

No, seriously. :I My parents let me watch awful dirty movies like that.

Or when I was actually, you know, watching something appropriate, it was usually My Neighbor Totoro. <3

That is a epic movie and I love it so so so so so much.

I remember watching Howl's moving castle and Spirited away as well.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

No, seriously. :I My parents let me watch awful dirty movies like that.

Or when I was actually, you know, watching something appropriate, it was usually My Neighbor Totoro. <3

That is a epic movie and I love it so so so so so much.

I remember watching Howl's moving castle and Spirited away as well.

Love Mel Brooks films, first one I ever watched was "Spaceballs", the Star Wars spoof. I laughed and I laughed till I cried. I have almost all his movies except for four of them XP

Loved Spirited Away although admittedly I didn't watch that in my childhood and haven't been able to sit down and watch Howl's Moving Castle yet.

Did anyone ever see The Princess Bride?

Love Mel Brooks films, first one I ever watched was "Spaceballs", the Star Wars spoof. I laughed and I laughed till I cried. I have almost all his movies except for four of them XP

Loved Spirited Away although admittedly I didn't watch that in my childhood and haven't been able to sit down and watch Howl's Moving Castle yet.

Did anyone ever see The Princess Bride?

...Mawwiage. :I

(I loved that movie. I still watch it sometimes.)

I live for that movie. I would also live for the book, but I lent it out and never got it back.

I LOVE the book, especially William Goldman's descriptions of his "ex-wife Helen". And all the cuts of packing. OH THE PACKING! And unpacking.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the Iron Man, until the last thirty seconds of the movie, which ruined the whole thing for me. :x

I didn't grow up on traditional films for children, such as Disney theatrical cartoons. The reason for this is I am a second generation Science Fiction geek, my mother being first gen and wanting someone to take with her to the movies. My father lacked interest in such films, so she took me (I guess I was the next best thing). My childhood movies are as follows:

• [*:1srygt8b]Star Wars
    [*:1srygt8b]Invasion of the Body Snatchers
    [*:1srygt8b]Star Trek the Motion Picture
    [*:1srygt8b]Battle Beyond the Stars
    [*:1srygt8b]Battlestar Galactica
    [*:1srygt8b]Alien
    [*:1srygt8b]Empire Strikes Back
    [*:1srygt8b]Outland
    [*:1srygt8b]Flash Gordon
    [*:1srygt8b]Raiders of the Lost Ark
    [*:1srygt8b]Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan
    [*:1srygt8b]Blade Runner
    [*:1srygt8b]Tron
    [*:1srygt8b]The Thing
    [*:1srygt8b]Star Trek III - The Search for Spock
    [*:1srygt8b]Rock N' Rule
    [*:1srygt8b]Return of the Jedi
    [*:1srygt8b]Last Starfighter
    [*:1srygt8b]Terminator
    [*:1srygt8b]Ghostbusters
    [*:1srygt8b]Aliens II
    [*:1srygt8b]Lifeforce
    [*:1srygt8b]Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home
    [*:1srygt8b]indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

By the late Eighties, this era had ended for me as I was seeing movies with friends, and while still a minor, anything at this point on wasn't viewed as a childhood movie for me anymore.

Though not really a "childhood" movie, I've always loved Dragonheart. One of the few dragon movies I really like.

Dragonheart was awesome, another of the few movies I cried to... Curse you Sean Connery!

On the topic of Sean Connery, Indiana Jones The Last Crusade is by far my absolute favorite Indiana Jones movie. Quickly followed by Temple of Doom as well; Ghostbusters I & II, Back to the Future all three of them, Doc Hollywood, Beethoven I & II... The list could go on and on. Loved movies in general as a kid, but I think I already stated that as far as comedy goes, Mel Brook films hold a strong place in my heart :)

Star Wars. When I was 3 my brother made me watch every episode of the original trilogy until I could name off every character. It took my forever to stop saying "Dark Vador". Disney movies did not really have the magic effect on me because of this. Lion King and Toy Story are still my favorite kids' movies. Land Before Time was pretty good too.

Star Wars. When I was 3 my brother made me watch every episode of the original trilogy until I could name off every character. It took my forever to stop saying "Dark Vador". Disney movies did not really have the magic effect on me because of this. Lion King and Toy Story are still my favorite kids' movies. Land Before Time was pretty good too.

Haha star wars... I loved those movies. Still do, in fact.

I was never exposed to it so young, but still...