The Iron Giant and other childhood movies

The only good cartoon sequel I can think of is Toy Story 2. And that's because you don't even need to watch the first movie to understand anything. It can stand alone, without depending heavily on the first movie.

Hooray for toy story, I just love those movies ;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only good cartoon sequel I can think of is Toy Story 2. And that's because you don't even need to watch the first movie to understand anything. It can stand alone, without depending heavily on the first movie.

Hooray for toy story, I just love those movies ;)

Notice I didn't mention Toy Story 3.

Hooray for toy story, I just love those movies :D

I did notice that you decided not to mention the single greatest thing ever. What are you trying to say? :!:

On another note I thought Mulan was a pretty good movie.

Hooray for toy story, I just love those movies :D

I did notice that you decided not to mention the single greatest thing ever. What are you trying to say? :!:

On another note I thought Mulan was a pretty good movie.

Mulan was alright... Very musical though.

And I enjoyed Toy Story 3, so nyah!

Toy Story 3 was like a sequel. Relying heavily on the previous movie and going off of a story that got pulled from nowhereland in order to make money. (It didn't have the same stand-alone quality of the first two.)

Plus, it totally went against everything the first two movies stood for. They spend two movies getting back to Andy, and then suddenly he's in college and then they're okay with being given away?! Woody may as well have stayed in the museum! And what happened to Bow Peep anyway?! I mean, Woody saved a squeaky penguin! Why couldn't he save his love?

Also Mulan is good too, but the second one was meh. And the songs in the second one were far too catchy.

Well Toy Story 3 was pretty good to me. I mean yea they spent their time trying to get back to Andy but now that Andy grew up he doesn't want to play with them anymore and they accept it besides Woody(Of course). As toys they just want to be played with and let's be fair here all the toys besides Woody weren't all that loyal to Andy to begin with. If Woody wasn't around they probably wouldn't have cared as long as they got played with. As for Bo and squeaky penguin thing they were donated or given away as he got older most kids don't want to keep dolls or kid like toys around when they are growing up. Probably couldn't save her because they are trying to keep their secret that they are alive and just couldn't get to her in time.

Also they talked about this in Toy Story 2 that Andy will grow up and Woody would probably be thrown away as the outcome and Woody said that he wants to at least enjoy the last few moments/years he had with him.I think it was a great conclusion to the Toy Story franchise. I mean Andy surely wasn't going to stay young forever and they are darn lucky to have been given to a good kid. That's pretty much the life of a toy be played with then handed down.

Well Toy Story 3 was pretty good to me. I mean yea they spent their time trying to get back to Andy but now that Andy grew up he doesn't want to play with them anymore and they accept it besides Woody(Of course). As toys they just want to be played with and let's be fair here all the toys besides Woody weren't all that loyal to Andy to begin with. If Woody wasn't around they probably wouldn't have cared as long as they got played with. As for Bo and squeaky penguin thing they were donated or given away as he got older most kids don't want to keep dolls or kid like toys around when they are growing up. Probably couldn't save her because they are trying to keep their secret that they are alive and just couldn't get to her in time.

Also they talked about this in Toy Story 2 that Andy will grow up and Woody would probably be thrown away as the outcome and Woody said that he wants to at least enjoy the last few moments/years he had with him.I think it was a great conclusion to the Toy Story franchise. I mean Andy surely wasn't going to stay young forever and they are darn lucky to have been given to a good kid. That's pretty much the life of a toy be played with then handed down.

This is right. I agree with this.

Amen.

@Dusty ...........WUT..........again

Well, I hadn't watched Toy Story 3 yet, but now I guess I have. Hm, guess I should have just stopped reading it, lol :) Still might watch it.

While on the topic of CG movies. What about Shrek? Anyone else like it?

You know which sequel didn't suck...Wrath of Kahn.

No, I didn't go there.

Wrath of Khan was the best of all the Star Trek films, and is what essentially saved the franchise after the plodding, convoluted, self-important and very boring Star Trek the Motion Picture. It was amazing a sequel was made at all.

You know which sequel didn't suck...Wrath of Kahn.

No, I didn't go there.

Wrath of Khan was the best of all the Star Trek films, and is what essentially saved the franchise after the plodding, convoluted, self-important and very boring Star Trek the Motion Picture. It was amazing a sequel was made at all.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!! (sorry, I had to do it before Pony_sage did. You got ninja'd, son)

Oh Shrek was good even the sequels were okay not as awesome but okay.

This. My thoughts exactly, PaintedWings.

Were all of the Shrek movies directed by the same person? I really did not like the 3rd or 4th. It seemed like they started trying too hard to achieve the funny.

Oh Shrek was good even the sequels were okay not as awesome but okay.

This. My thoughts exactly, PaintedWings.

Were all of the Shrek movies directed by the same person? I really did not like the 3rd or 4th. It seemed like they started trying too hard to achieve the funny.

I didn't like the third. The fourth was okay I guess. I think they were all directed by the same person.

I hate Shrek... Just so ever one knows like "like" to "hate" list is some thing like 5% go to like, 95% got yo hate. XD I even have a list so i know what i hate. BUT! i do like a tone of movies, only 3% are kid safe. And heck! i don't think i can even say half of them on here!

I hate Shrek... Just so ever one knows like "like" to "hate" list is some thing like 5% go to like, 95% got yo hate. XD I even have a list so i know what i hate. BUT! i do like a tone of movies, only 3% are kid safe. And heck! i don't think i can even say half of them on here!

It seems like you might like a few movies that I'm never gonna watch, ever. Oh well, I knew there would be someone that didn't like Shrek. Honestly, the only reason I like it is for the donkey xD

Anyone ever saw the Unico movies as a kid? I remember seeing them a long time ago, but it was vaguely. There were a few parts that I remember, but back then, I didn't know what they were called until now. Both of them are pretty good movies and I highly recommend them.

Anyway, here's a list of other movies that I remembered watching during my childhood:

The Lion King

Bambi

All Dogs Go To Heaven

All Dogs Go To Heaven 2

The Flight of Dragons

The Land Before Time

Aladdin

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Rock-a-Doodle

Dumbo

Thumbelina

Pocahontas

Beauty and the Beast

An American Tail

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West

The Brave Little Toaster

Fantasia

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

The Pebble and the Penguin

Balto

Hercules

Lady and the Tramp

The Aristocats

The Hobbit

101 Dalmatians

The Little Mermaid

A Troll in Central Park

The Secret of NIMH

The Rescuers

The Rescuers Down Under

The Jungle Book

Peter Pan

Cinderella

Alice in Wonderland

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

The Fox and the Hound

The Great Mouse Detective

Oliver and Company

Robin Hood

The Last Unicorn

Also, I remember watching the Iron Giant several years ago and I thought it was a really good movie. I need to get it on DVD someday. >>