Hollybee's Theme of the Week Ponies/ Break time!

IcyHooves

Evening, ponies! Holly here with a freebie thread. Though this one is a bit different then usual, and I'm a bit odd when it comes to choosing who I want to draw, so bare with me on this one. This thread is a "Theme of the Week" thread, where every week, or every other, or when ever I have the free time to draw, I will change the theme according to my mood. I will likely take a small break between theme's, so just letting you know that there will be a week or so of no art.

My pony art has improved a LOT since I started drawing in 2011, and I really want to share it with people, and draw the ponies that inspire me and have my likes, so I do want to let you know that even if you post in here, you might not get the art. I have to FEEL the character before I put pen to tablet.

A few things about what I use, I know some people are curious when it comes to artists and their ways. I use a Wacom Bamboo, not a very large tablet or high tech, but it does the job. The art program I use is Paint Tool Sai, and SOME TIMES Photoshop, but that is usually for special effects like glowing or textures. A decent pony piece takes me about 1 to 2 hours, depending on my attention span and determination to finish the picture.

A LOT of the times I LiveStream, so I will either post the link in here when I start a new session or I will be in the chats, throwing the link around to get people to watch. (I draw faster and focus more this way.)

So without further ado, lets move on to this week's theme!! Recently I've been feeling a little down, and I want to express that in dark and gloomy pictures. So I would love to see dark coloured ponies or winter ponies, something that is all around somber and cold. Here is a better list of what I am looking for:

Any ponies that,

- are dark in colour

- are related to snow

- glow in some way

- that deal in the spooky and creepy

- are naturally sad

- or are evil in some way

Post here and I MIGHT draw you.

Please keep this to JUST ponies and OC's. I'm not sure how I will do with other races, and I don't like drawing canon characters. (Unless its Luna or Nightmare Moon) lol.

So post away and see if you're lucky!!

Request List:

1. Tales

2. CLOSED

3. CLOSED

This weeks theme is closed, and I will be finishing up the last two on my list, and then hopefully starting a new theme by the end of this week!

Past Art:

ezfnv8.jpg

126a54p.jpg

2vcf9s4.jpg

aw26xk.jpg

2q00cub.jpg

2qlbclz.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds cool. I'd happily take a request. :)

Since it sounds like your choosy with requests and I happen to have a lot of ponies, I'll even give you some options. I'd be happy if you were to draw any one of the following of my OCs:

• Arcana - dark colours; relatively evil
  • Starless Shroud - also has fairly dark colours and questionable ethics.
  • Snowfall - kinda has a snow motif going with her name and colours
  • Spirit Flame - dark coat colour and I sort of designed her to be ghost like; with her white flames, you could probably also add some glowing.

Linked are character profiles containing descriptions and at least one piece of art drawn by someone else. If you chose to draw any of them, take as much inspiration from the existing art as you wish or feel free to give your own spin on what I wrote. If you do decide to draw one and have any questions, just ask.

Thanks! :)

Since it sounds like your choosy...

don't worry. when i'm in a better mood, this will change.

i plan on doing something like...

new types or "theme" every week. mostly just when my mood changes.

alright, sorry its taken so long. i've been working like 8 days in a row. but i have four days off starting tomorrow and so far i have nothing to do. so i'll be home bumming away and drawing. any requests will be touched upon soon~

<3

you're very welcome.

i was going to dress her, but i didn't think it would look right in this picture.

plus i was able to draw her cutie mark. :)

Nah, I'm very pleaded with what you did with it. ;)

Already have two pics of her clothed anyway and it's good to see her cutie mark actually get drawn. :D

I would like to request a picture of my OC Asteria wearing a white dress of some sort. She is very dark and clearly not the emotional type. She comes off as very somber, emotionless even. While not evil, she comes off that way to the casual viewer. She is known for having a perpetually stoic expression like the ones in your artwork =3

[colour=#282828]This weeks theme is now closed, and I will be finishing up the last two on my list, and then hopefully starting a new theme by the end of this week![/colour]