Brony Vids

Hippo

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree that the poor dubs/singing is terrible, as well as the incorrectly interpreted moments (Such as Fluttershy actually screaming in one of the dubs), I find it absolutely moronic that Treehouse Canada censored the word "Loser". :/

It actually made the Pinkamena scene even worse because it leaves the insults up to the viewers' imagination. :-|

Food for thought:

The Canadian-made show "Total Drama Island" has gotten away with bleeped swearing, a blurred middle finger, and blurred-out BREASTS. Keep in mind, this is a cartoon FOR KIDS...*

*This was only preserved in the Canadian version. The American version has all of this edited-out except the breast scene, only heavily-edited.

So suddenly, Canadian censors find the word "Loser" to be needed to be censored...I suppose that one episode of Spongebob with Kevin the Sea Cucumber must be silenced to high-heaven... :lol:

To be fair, FiM is aired on Treehouse, which is a channel targeted towards children five and under, while Total Drama Island was aired on Teletoon, a channel targeted towards older kids during the day, and teenagers in the evening. Total Drama Island is one of the shows that transitions into the Detour, which is like Teletoon late night, target towards older teens and adults.

Treehouse has always censored out words like loser, because it's supposed to be one of those perfectly padded channels where an overly protective parent can leave their two year old in front of the TV without them learning any "new words". Treehouse is perfect for G3.5, but FiM shouldn't be aired on the channel at all. It's too mature compared to their regular content. I doubt most who watch it even understand what's going on.

http://treehousetv.c...ums/t/5069.aspx

Basically, my point is that I'm not surprised.

PARTY.MOV

:green: Don't talk to ME about that one! I can't help but be offended by the whole series. Everyone's made to look twittier, Spike is a lot older than he should be, and the jokes are something not even Richie and Eddie would stoop so low as to use! Oh yes, and to say "c###" should be completely illegalized! (except maybe in a non-aggressive manner...)

Oh yes... "Crush, kill, destroy, w###!"? Nngh!? :-|

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, FiM is aired on Treehouse, which is a channel targeted towards children five and under, while Total Drama Island was aired on Teletoon, a channel targeted towards older kids during the day, and teenagers in the evening. Total Drama Island is one of the shows that transitions into the Detour, which is like Teletoon late night, target towards older teens and adults.

Treehouse has always censored out words like loser, because it's supposed to be one of those perfectly padded channels where an overly protective parent can leave their two year old in front of the TV without them learning any "new words". Treehouse is perfect for G3.5, but FiM shouldn't be aired on the channel at all. It's too mature compared to their regular content. I doubt most who watch it even understand what's going on.

http://treehousetv.c...ums/t/5069.aspx

Basically, my point is that I'm not surprised.

Anyone else see the insane irony in the fact that parents are complaining that My Little Pony is too mature for a channel geared towards kids?

And as for a "little kid's" block censoring "Loser"...it's a classic case of broadcasting stations being overprotective. Censorship has gotten so ridiculous in the past few years, where it's come to the point where NORMAL WORDS are censored. Now we have a basic word like "Loser" being censored?

It's all about Standards and Practices. What's "politically correct" or "appropriate" usually takes top priority over everything else. This is why Hasbro suddenly jumped to slash Derpy out completely from "The Last Roundup".

Personally, I think this clip describes it best:

(Warning: Some small stuff contained. Proceed with minimum caution)

Archived