Strange things you notice

hi hi

I wasn't the first person to notice this. I had to have it pointed out to me, but I figured I could share anyway.

ioT9D.png

Take a look at their cutie marks. You've got a judge's gavel representing a Judge. You've got a closed scroll for the mayor. And the third pony has an open scroll with writing on it. Thats pretty much the classic "three branches of government" right there.

• Judicial: Gavel is self explanatory.

• Executive: The scroll is closed and wrapped, implying that the document has already been written. (she's just carrying it out)

• Legislative: The scroll is open with writing, implying that it is still being written.

• Like 2

Wonder what the Mare to Stallion ratio is in Ponyville. There's got to be 20 females to 1 male there, as you hardly ever see any guys running around. Not like that's bad or anything... :artax:

Old quoting, but simply explained: Stallions are at work! :scream: Really! And in Hearts and Hooves day, they aren't 'cause is a festive day!

• Like 1

Also I didn't notice this one, but I found it on the TVtropes FiM page: In episode 3 AJ says that if she wins a bet, Big Macintosh will walk down Saddle Street wearing one of Granny's girdles. In episode 4, Big Mac has a mysterious injury to his midsection which is never explained. Think about it.

raritysurprised.png

Anywho, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but there are two things.

1. In the Find a Pet song after a while, Fluttershy's wings de-sync (E.G. One wing goes up, one goes down)

2. In this montage:

When the CMC fall of the mountain, all of them have Apple Bloom's eye color. You can see that Scootaloo had it from the beginning, because for the brief moment she opens her eyes when they're climbing the mountain, she appears to have Apple Bloom's eye color.

raritysurprised.png

Anywho, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but there are two things.

1. In the Find a Pet song after a while, Fluttershy's wings de-sync (E.G. One wing goes up, one goes down)

2. In this montage:

When the CMC fall of the mountain, all of them have Apple Bloom's eye color. You can see that Scootaloo had it from the beginning, because for the brief moment she opens her eyes when they're climbing the mountain, she appears to have Apple Bloom's eye color.

1. Well, on Fluttershy's defense, she was really excited!

2. What,you ever climb a mountain before? your eyes will change colors! :!:

This was probably mentioned in the Spotted an animation error topic.

Dunno if it's been said, but in 'Lunar Eclipse' when Luna says "How many points do I receive?!" she has her season one bangs.

Also it's not an error, but in Lesson Zero the windmill and sun work like a clock (the windmill is the second hand, and the sun is the minute hand.

Most of the errors seem to be in the earlier episode. I think after we started pointing them out they began cracking down on errors like this. I wonder if there are any kerfuffles in Canterlot Wedding.

Most of the errors seem to be in the earlier episode. I think after we started pointing them out they began cracking down on errors like this. I wonder if there are any kerfuffles in Canterlot Wedding.

I know at least one. At the beginning of This Day Aria, evil Cadance pulls a flower from the vase by the mirror. It's red, but in the scenes after that when it's in her hair, it's pink.

hi hi

Really strange thing I noticed the other day. I was drowsy and I was writing some stuff, and I wrote Zebra on a sheet of paper. But my writing was really sloppy, so the "b" dislodged itself and turned into a "ko." How is this important? Because it turns out that Zebra is just a half a penstroke away from Zekora.

Really strange thing I noticed the other day. I was drowsy and I was writing some stuff, and I wrote Zebra on a sheet of paper. But my writing was really sloppy, so the "b" dislodged itself and turned into a "ko." How is this important? Because it turns out that Zebra is just a half a penstroke away from Zekora.

According to the wilki, "The name "Zecora" was, but is no longer, the word used for zebra by the Oromo people of east Africa".

• Like 1

I don't see why that's weird... real life horses can swim.

Yeah, at the end of the Winter Wrapup episode, Spike was sleeping on a piece of ice. The ponies said he would have a surprise when he awoke. Do you think that ponies can't swim? If ponies cant swim than dragons most likely can't either, which means that they left Spike to drown when the ice melted. Anypony ever thought if they can't swim? :/

now what I think of whenever I see Rarity's dad?

I think of this:

If you know who Tom Selleck is, you'll understand why.

And look at his 'Cutie Mark'. What sport did Magnum PI play when he attended the United States Naval Academy?

Football!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Easily the majority of things in the show are pony-related puns on already existing things.

Some are really obvious: Fillydelphia, Manehattan, etc.

But what about those that you didn't notice for a while, that passed you a few times, until it finally hit you in one big "Oh duh!" moment?

For me, the name Canterlot. A play on Camelot, of the King Arthur myths. Easily the biggest "Duh!" moment I've had in a while.

What about you folks?

Easily the majority of things in the show are pony-related puns on already existing things.

Some are really obvious: Fillydelphia, Manehattan, etc.

But what about those that you didn't notice for a while, that passed you a few times, until it finally hit you in one big "Oh duh!" moment?

For me, the name Canterlot. A play on Camelot, of the King Arthur myths. Easily the biggest "Duh!" moment I've had in a while.

What about you folks?

The first one that comes to mind would be this thread title actually! XD

"Wait, what?...Ooooh!"

As for in the show, hmmm. I think the first 'duh' moment would be in Boast Busters when Trixie is telling her story. I SWEAR I thought she said 'Huffington' for like, months. Then I noticed all the pony city names and went back and realized she said "Hoofington" instead. I laughed at my sillyness.

It wasn't until I watched a video collection of parodies from FiM when I realized the line "As Celestia as my witness-" was an obvious parody of the famous line from "Gone with the Wind".

It hurts even more considering I'm a huge movie buff and have seen Gone with the Wind about a million times.

Okay, I just noticed this last night, and I almost DIED from the sheer genius of this bit.

In "Stare Master", the scene where Fluttershy wakes up to find the Cutie Mark Crusaders gone has specific music to accompany it.

If you listen VERY CAREFULLY, the notes played in the moment when Fluttershy wakes up and then finds that the girls are gone is EXACTLY like the theme to "Halloween", the slow theme at least, in scenes wherever it becomes quiet or something is discovered to imply suspense.

What's even more frightening about this similarity is that Fluttershy is not only babysitting, but the score music that was used in Halloween was typically used when the kids went missing in one scene...which is EXACTLY what happens in that scene!

This COULD NOT be coincidental. I am fully-convinced that Will Anderson wrote that small piece of score in homage to Halloween. Just because of this touch, I love 'em even more, xD

Here's something I noticed in a clip of the Find a Pet song. You can see the buzzing buzzard from "The Best Night Ever"

When I noticed that my internal dialogue went something like...

'Buzzard that can really buzz!'

'Choose the buzzard that can really buzz Rainbow!'

'BUZZARD THAT CAN REALLY BUZZ YOU FRICKER!'

Also, Halloween reference seriously blew my mind.... Thanks for pointing it out Thoth.

Also, Halloween reference seriously blew my mind.... Thanks for pointing it out Thoth.

Thank my abnormally-large movie buff brain. Only a nerd like me would be able to connect a score from a cartoon about neon-colored ponies to the score to a movie about a psychotic killer that goes around slaughtering babysitters...

RainbowShrug.png

• Like 1