• Sleepless in Ponyville
    • Wonderbolt Academy
    • Apple Family Reunion
    • Spike At Your Service
    • Keep Calm and Flutter On
    • Just For Sidekicks
    • Games Ponies Play
    • Magical Mystery Cure

Ugh, Wonderbolt Academy wasn't that great of an epsidoe people!!!

/me bangs head and rages

BBLLLLLAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!

but yeah, Sleepless in Ponyville was one of the best balanced episodes ever. Great flow, great characters, great edginess, great everything. If that episode had a song, it probably would be the best episode in the series.

• Like 5

Yeah, Wonderbolt Academy really didn't strike me as anything super special. It was just kinda all right as far as I was concerned. Not particularly memorable and rather sparse on humor.

My favorite episode was the Mystery Magic Cure. I went in expecting the worse to to all the negative feedback I had heard on the alicorn plot twist, needless to say the music, which hooked me in the first place, was very welcome. Sure the episode was watched but hey, it's a kid show. I doubt any of us were that uptight when we were young.

Also, it was the first episode I ever watched with a friend. He isolated himself from the internet as soon as I warned him of spoilers popping up (While still avoiding telling him) and finally decided to watch it with me over a skype call. His reactions were superb. He cried XD. This made me somewhat proud to be in this fandom, where one can grow so attached to a character or story that when something so fantastic happens to them, you just feel honored. I honestly am grateful for meeting him this year, and taking his advice for watching this 'childish' show.

Aw crud, I'm ranting! Anyways I also found Nightmare in Ponyville to be my 2nd favorite. After all, it's got the Scoot. I also really like the message of bonding with role models as it IS a great way to grow.

• Like 1

Ugh, Wonderbolt Academy wasn't that great of an epsidoe people!!!

/me bangs head and rages

BBLLLLLAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!

but yeah, Sleepless in Ponyville was one of the best balanced episodes ever. Great flow, great characters, great edginess, great everything. If that episode had a song, it probably would be the best episode in the series.

Yeah, Wonderbolt Academy really didn't strike me as anything super special. It was just kinda all right as far as I was concerned. Not particularly memorable and rather sparse on humor.

I hear what you guys are saying. It wasn't so much the story that attracted me as the location. Also, having been through basic training, myself, it really helped me relate to what RD was going through, and the episode overall. The exercise, making friendly rivals, the mess hall. Good times. Lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hear what you guys are saying. It wasn't so much the story that attracted me as the location. Also, having been through basic training, myself, it really helped me relate to what RD was going through, and the episode overall. The exercise, making friendly rivals, the mess hall. Good times. Lol.

I had no idea you were military man. Salute to you! Consider yourself 20% cooler for defending your country.

The best part of that episode for me was seeing the rerun of the Roid Rage pony. He just cracks me up. I am surprised he isn't a meme someplace on the internet. I have seen moments in my regular day to day life that have practicaly called for him and his YEAAAH!

I'd have to go with Magical Mystery Cure. It's jam-packed with catchy music, full of the friendship-fluff that I die for, and has some lovely call backs to previous episodes (like having Pinkie work on Sweet Apple Acres with her straight hair and the musical/visual reference to Art of the Dress when Applejack is sewing). My only complaint about that episode was that it was just the one episode. It felt a bit rushed, and it's a story I'd like to get more of!

I've loved pretty much all of the episodes but runner-up is definitely The Crystal Empire two-parter: it was channeling a strong Sailor Moon vibe that I couldn't help but gobble right up!

• Like 2

For me, the vote was VERY close between "Apple Family Reunion" and "Magical Mystery Cure." Had to go with the Reunion in the end because it was SENSATIONAL! MMC was a great ride, though I think an more appropriate title for that episode would've been "Magical MUSICAL Cure" for all the singing that took place. LOVED "Raise This Barn" too, it's about time AppleJack was lead singer in a song on the show!

..i loved the A-team reference in it...

You know what's crazy and I don't get...

It seems like bronies everywhere are forgetting the A-team reference in Dragonshy. That was the first time they used this tune. The tune was modified a little for this scene, but it's generally the same theme. Tell me what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e441P7hYtcQ

You know what's crazy and I don't get...

It seems like bronies everywhere are forgetting the A-team reference in Dragonshy. That was the first time they used this tune. The tune was modified a little for this scene, but it's generally the same theme. Tell me what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e441P7hYtcQ[/media]

I knew about this one too but its easy to forget it,the song's very different and the reference is not as "present".

I needed somepony else to tell me it was an A-team reference before i realized it.

Unlike the Lebowski Ponies where the reference was quite obvious if you saw the The Big Lebowski movie.

I knew about this one too but its easy to forget it,the song's very different and the reference is not as "present".

I needed somepony else to tell me it was an A-team reference before i realized it.

Unlike the Lebowski Ponies where the reference was quite obvious if you saw the The Big Lebowski movie.

The reason for this is probably because storyboarders and layout artists were not allowed to get away with that fun stuff during season 1. As the show progresses, I would imagine their freedom to have fun and put in references opens up a bit.

• 3 months later...

I looooove Too Many Pinkie Pies! No matter how many times I watch it, I burst out laughing every time.

Mine mine mine mine mine mine mine.....

----------

Magic Duel! I love the part Trixie says Draw and I feel like I'm a cowboy ready to shoot my revolver.

Lol, Spike at Your Service is zero, huh? So far. Yeap, I knew that Spongebob-level episode definitely will create problems and hence the smell of dislike and hate will appear and therefore, never voted for it.

I voted for Apple Family Reunion, but it was a solid season overall IMO, so that wasn't an easy choice. Magic Duel, Too Many Pinkies and Wonderbolt Academy were also pretty high up there. Not to mention the season opener and finale.

Why is this show so good?

• 3 weeks later...

The finale was definitely my favorite. I'd say that this is probably due to the fact that my favorite pony finally gets a song, and also that the 3D effects really show far the show has come animation wise, even though it's not really noticeable if you don't particularly look for it. Plus "A True True Friend" is very catchy, I think.

Wonderbolt Academy. It represents what two years as an Element of Harmony and a few more-than-painful lessons were able to bring us. Rainbow Dash showed us who we really love in that episode. (And we got Lightning Dust in it. Not that it has anything to do with my vote. Also, peel your eyes away from my avatar. :D)

Close behind for me were Sleepless in Ponyville and Magic Duel. I can watch these at most any point in time without rolling my eyes.

...wtf...

Where'd all these MMC votes come from?