• Sleepless in Ponyville
    • Wonderbolt Academy
    • Apple Family Reunion
    • Spike At Your Service
    • Keep Calm and Flutter On
    • Just For Sidekicks
    • Games Ponies Play
    • Magical Mystery Cure

Sleepless in Ponyville, by a landslide (for me). It was just a nice character piece of Scootaloo (who was really hurting for an episode), and allowing for nice character moments for several of my favorite characters, like Luna and Rarity.

Additionally, it's the only episode of season 3 that I'm compelled to rewatch, which is something in a season that was pretty much nothing but meh for me otherwise.

Wonderbolt Academy because it's pretty much Top Gun but with ponies even though it still could've needed more references to series like Ace Combat or other aviation-based series in the media. Apart from that...Season 3 was pretty standard, even unimpressive and underwhelming with all the big reveals actually revealed before the respective episodes were released compared to it's predecessor seasons. Kind of a shame and this season finished on a flat note like pretty much "Great this has happened...now what happens?" type of deal nothing spectacular compared to Season 2's ending...Even Season 1's ending had more of an impact and punch then this. Hasbro, better step up your A-game next time.

Overall, the Wonderbolt Academy is the episode I'd only really reconsider re watching this season...

Wonderbolt Academy because it's pretty much Top Gun but with ponies even though it still could've needed more references to series like Ace Combat or other aviation-based series in the media. Apart from that...Season 3 was pretty standard, even unimpressive and underwhelming with all the big reveals actually revealed before the respective episodes were released compared to it's predecessor seasons. Kind of a shame and this season finished on a flat note like pretty much "Great this has happened...now what happens?" type of deal nothing spectacular compared to Season 2's ending...

Overall, the Wonderbolt Academy is the episode I'd only really reconsider re watching this season...

What he said....

My vote could have gone three ways here...

I rather liked the Apple Family Reunion: It was an AJ episode that was desperately needed, it brought Babs back with a less antagonistic personality, it added members to the apple family and brought back old ones. Just a really good episode.

Then just for side kicks. It was a great Spike episode, even though I feel it was kind of "stupid fun", but fun none-the-less. Still mad about Pee-Wee being given back to his parents, but...hey... It wouldn't have been right any other way.

But my vote HAS to go to Sleepless in Ponyville. We get a Scootaloo episode which I think is a first, Rainbow Dash finally becomes likable to me by sharing some of her weaknesses, Luna makes a MAJOR appearance and is given more significance in the world of Equestria....I could go on and on and on and on, but I'll stop here. Funny, touching, relevant, and a [lot] bit of fan-service. Just an amazing episode in my opinion.

Magical Mystery Cure. it's a perfect episode. The songs are lovely, it's funny, it's bright, it's big and important and it brings nothing but smiles.

Runners up are Keep Calm and Flutter On, Magic Duel and Games Ponies Play. Season Opener was pretty awesome too though.

If I were to rank them fully...

1: Magical Mystery Cure

2: Keep Calm and Flutter On

3: Games Ponies Play

4: Magic Duel

5: Crystal Empire 1 & 2

6: Sleepless in Ponyville

7: Apple Family Reunion

8: Spike at Your Service

9: Just for Sidekicks

10: Too Many Pinkie Pies

11: Wonderbolt Academy

12: One Bad Apple

While I loved the 'Duel' episode. I gotta go with 'Sleepless in Ponyville'. It seemed like forever, but the best (kid) pony got her own episode. Awesome animation, a ton of funny gags, and the bit at the end with Scootaloo and Rainbow...So many feels. And of course Luna. And even some bits were rather creepy. You could see why Scoots was scared. Let's see. Please note, a BAD episode of pony still beats the stuffing out of a good episode of most of the shows I watch.

1: Sleepless in Ponyville

2: Magic Duel

3: Just for Sidekicks

4: Games Ponies Play

5: Crystal Empire 1 & 2

6: Magical Mystery Cure

7:Wonderbolt Academy

8: Keep Calm and Flutter On

9: Apple Family Reunion

10: Too Many Pinkie Pies

11: One Bad Apple

12: Spike at Your Service

Magical Mystery Cure affected me in a way the other episodes didn't this season, so it's my S3 favorite. My full list:

1. Magical Mystery Cure

2. Sleepless in Ponyville

3. Magic Duel

4. Keep Calm and Flutter On

5. The Crystal Empire

6. Just for Sidekicks

7. Wonderbolt Academy

8. Spike at Your Service

9. One Bad Apple

10. Games Ponies Play

11. Apple Family Reunion

12. Too Many Pinkie Pies

Wonderbolt Academy for me, followed by Sleepless in Ponyville and Too Many Pinkie Pies.

At the bottom of S3 episode ranking: Apple Family Reunion (sorry AJ fans, but AJ is just too boring for my taste), Spike At Your Service and Keep Calm and Flutter On (They ruined Discord!)

Magic Duel for me. It felt the most right out of all of them. Keep Calm and Flutter on is in a rather close second though.

Magic Duel, just everyone felt right, and the plot was interesting and engaging. I'm not even a huge Trixie fan, but the way they brought her back, used her, corrupted her, and then went through the redemption of Twilight in a Yoda-esque training montage, just hit all the right notes for me. Even the ending felt like it hit right with the characters. And probably the biggest part about it is... It didn't feel rushed, which was probably the single biggest issue with S3, especially with Keep Calm and Flutter On and Magical Mystery Cure.

What really prevented Keep Calm and Flutter On from being up there was Pinkie Pie. I know she is irrational, but how does one go from "Hold on while I indulge in chocolate rain" to "OMC HOW COULD YOU NOT GIVE US WHIPPED CREAM TOO" just felt so forced as a reason to dislike Discord. If they had characterized Pinkie better (the one that would have sympathized with him the most just from how she is), it probably would have been my #1 (OK that is a half-lie, my bias towards Discord would have made it a tie, but the pacing still angers me). I would understand her being not fond of Discord, but I feel like she should have been more receptive. Fluttershy and the rest were pretty spot on though. Also, I still can't forgive it for being only 1 episode and being so very rushed.

• Like 1

I'd have to say "Magic Duel", beating out "Keep Calm and Flutter On" by a fairly thin margin. Yes, I do tend to find favorite episodes based around the characters involved, but I also enjoyed seeing slightly more adult fare in having Trixie affected by something properly evil, not just unpleasant or vaguely irritating. She was becoming cruel and fiendish, and making things miserable for everypony around her! You don't see that in many kids' shows. :shifty:

The finale episode was good, and definitely made my Top 10 Episodes list, but the constant songs and the relatively arbitrary problem that Twilight has to solve kind of lessened the impact for me. It was really just a means to the end of making her big transition, which is fine. It just didn't put it above "Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" on my list. Now that episode had catchy music! :D

• Like 1

The plot of Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 doesn't make any sense.

How doesn't it? A pair of businessme-erm...business-ponies come to a farm seeking to take on another facet of their product, mainly the production of raw materials for their cider. The propose a plan which benefits them more than any other party, and proceed to decrease quality to increase profits. Seems fairly sensical to me.

alright, i have to go with "sleepless in ponyville" mainly because ive been wait fo a scootaloo episode to come out ever since season 2 ended, but the finale came a close second, because many manly tears were shed, and the music was to die for.

However, the song form "one bad apple" is still running its course in my head....

Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah, y- GET OUT OF MY HEAD

How doesn't it? A pair of businessme-erm...business-ponies come to a farm seeking to take on another facet of their product, mainly the production of raw materials for their cider. The propose a plan which benefits them more than any other party, and proceed to decrease quality to increase profits. Seems fairly sensical to me.

Flim and Flam make a bet with the Apples over who gets to sell cider in Ponyville.

Upon losing the Apples say they have to leave the farm, despite the fact that the farm was not included in the bet nor is selling cider even their sole source of income. Even if it was they would not lose the farm immediately and when they did it would go to their creditors not to Flim and Flam unless they purchased it from whoever the Apples owe money to.

When their cider does poorly (because they chose to sell the low quality cider rather then the stuff that is as good as the Apple cider for no reason) Flim and Flam leave town despite the fact that they now apparently own a large amount of property and resources.

It does not make sense

Flim and Flam make a bet with the Apples over who gets to sell cider in Ponyville.

Upon losing the Apples say they have to leave the farm, despite the fact that the farm was not included in the bet nor is selling cider even their sole source of income. Even if it was they would not lose the farm immediately and when they did it would go to their creditors not to Flim and Flam unless they purchased it from whoever the Apples owe money to.

When their cider does poorly (because they chose to sell the low quality cider rather then the stuff that is as good as the Apple cider for no reason) Flim and Flam leave town despite the fact that they now apparently own a large amount of property and resources.

It does not make sense

Good point actually....perhaps Flim and Flam were planning to buy Sweet Apple Acres whenever it was going to go under. I know that was/is a pretty common business plan in some instances.

Flim and flam were con artists (Flimflammer). The goal was to scam the apples out of their farm. They probably didn't have a direct usage for the property outside of exhausting the resources for cider, turning a profit, the then selling the land. When their plans for profit fell though (couldn't sell their cider) they no longer had a reason to stay. They were clearly not farmers nor did they seem intent on maintaining the farm.

This however is not the thread for this discussion. And has already occurred in length in the episode thread. Feel free to take up the debate again there

I'm partial to Apple Family Reunion. I love the Apple Family, and Granny Smith is one of my all time favorite ponies. I'm actually writting a fic about her now, so any lore is welcome to me.

And it's coming along nicely, in my opinion. Lol.

Anyway, my fave had to be sleepless in ponyville. I love that scootaloo got her own episode, and that it was a good one. It gave me a little nostalgia, remembering all the times me and my family hung out around a bon-fire, telling scary stories. The fact that Luna got a good part in it was a big plus. The next ones in my top three are Wonderbolt Acadamy and Magic Duel, fighting for second place. I also liked Too Many Pinkie Pies, but it surprised me that we didn't see Pinkie with her mane down, with how sad she seemed to be.

[colour=#282828]"Keep Calm and Flutter On" takes my vote. Easily the most compelling and interesting episode that was released in the season. Obviously nice to see Discord again, but they we're able to pace the episode tremendously despite being a little over 20 min long. "Wonderbolt Academy" considered second. [/colour]

[colour=#282828]It was an awesome season, though I have to admit, I prefer season 2. [/colour]