[Whitetail Wood] Camp Little Lake! [Apply in OOC!] [Open!]

Frost137

Glimmer giggled and nodded, "Yeah Razor is here. He is gonna teach survival. Oh it will be so much fun."

"Oh yeah. That was actually kind of scary.", Wind Walker remembered the terrifying sight of watching the others defend the beach from the confused Kraken while at the safe quarters of the small general store across the street from the beach they were staying at. "Good thing we were able to help alert the R.E.A, so in a way, we sort of saved the day.", she grinned back at the little griffon and watched as she introduced herself to the others.

"But fighting big scary monsters? That's really cool!" she said, her earlier enthusiasm returning. "I think it's what my mum's squad used to do... fighting off wild beasts. i just know she's totally amazing at it too," she added proudly with repeated nods. "I don't think I could do that kinda thing though. I mean, not that I get scared easily... but I just don't think I would be much good fighting something so big and tough."

"Nothing wrong about being scared.", the filly whispered, "You need to understand that when wild creatures wander into places ponies live, it's not cause they're mean, it's usually cause they're lost or scared.", she glanced around at the others as she spoke, "My big sister and brother actually had to help this small village near Balimare awhile back. A manticore wandered in and they had to stop it before somepony was hurt. My sis was able to hold back the lioness as my brother, Walk Walker tried to figure out what the big kitty was looking for. Apparently some silly pony found the manticore's kid and thought she would make a fun pet. Thankfully my sibs were able to reunite the two kitties and they left without anypony getting hurt. I...", she was surprised as her father gave the small filly a rather big hug, "You have fun kiddo. No fights and no kissing colts on lips. You're still too young for that sort of thing."

"Dad..", she turned to him, "Why would I kiss anypony when I got Fast Track back at home? He's my colt friend!", she smiled brightly as she proudly beamed, "Shame he had to go and see his Grandmother in Fillydelphia. He says she smells like old moth balls and makes him eat really old candy.", the girl made a 'blah' face as the stallion let out a chuckle, "Well, Ma Ball is the owner of Equestria's largest and I guess the only moth ball factory, so I guess she would smell a little funny. Just don't worry about that.", he kissed her on the forehead, "If anything happens, your brother Cordy isn't that far from here and you know how to contact him." He glanced at his youngest daughter one more time before Cantering off.

"Bye daddy.", she turned her attention to the other ponies and griffon that she had yet to speak with. Not wanted to be rude, she waved a hoof their way, "Hey all, I'm Wind Walker!". She noticed a few blank-flanks on some of the ponies, including Hopesong and with a proud smile on her face, the young filly decided she would try her very best to at least help a few kids get their marks.

• Like 1

The director looked back to Harrington. He answered.

"You can go around the lake and around the camp." He paused for the next question. "We start activities tomorrow. Today is just introductions to everything and what is expected from us. You can prepare tonight."

He looked around the circle and saw some of the staff already sleeping. The director sighed.

"So are we good? I guess so.... Okay you guys, let's announce that the introduction program is at the Fire Bowl. You guys can start heading over there." He went over to the office and announced the event over the loudspeakers throughout the camp.

"Attention all campers! Head over to the Fire Bowl so we can start the week! You can follow the staff members that are heading right over there!"

----

cmark_frost137.pngJigsaw.png

"So!" Spin Art flew by the dark blue pegasus. "I'm Spin Art! What's your name?" She tried to be all happy. Spin knew that this week was going to be fun.

Jigsaw looked at Spin Art like she was covered in mud.

"I'm Jigsaw."

"So do you know where the Fire Bowl is? You know... I'm new to this." She chuckled sheepishly.

I totally knew that. Jigsaw scowled in her head. "It's this way, just don't get lost."

"Oh." Spin Art turned to the griffon staff. "So who are you? Are you the colt's counselor?"

Razor awoke and looked around. Most of the councilors were walking off to meet the kids. Razor rubbed his eyes and took to the air, [colour=#FF0000]"By the by. I already did a scouting of the woods here. Its all clear of any dangerous animals, but I'll do another fly by later." [/colour]He called to the councilor that had been worrying about animals.

With that done, Razor flew over to see the fillies and colts rushing about into the camp. Looking around and seeing the facilaties. Razor spotted Glimmer and...was that the filly Wind Walker?

[colour=#FF0000]"Glimmer! Make any new friends?"[/colour] Razor called as he landed over towards his sister and a group of colts and fillies beside her. He looked the kids over, the nictitating membrane of his eyes blinking once as he gave them all a once over.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hello again Wind. I hope to see you in my survival class. You got spunk."[/colour] Razor said, giving a claws up and a friendly wink.

There was a cynogriffon, which was interesting, [colour=#FF0000]"Ah this is good as well. I can actually teach some hunting skills. I like you already kid."[/colour]

Razor looked the rest of the ponies over, the one with wildflowers in his mane was...odd. He gave a sligh scowl and thought, [colour=#FF0000]'Not alot of promise for the rest of them. Still I can probably forge them into something worth wild.'[/colour]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glimmer gasped when she saw Slit's mane burst into flowers,[colour=#EE82EE] "Oh pretty." [/colour]She giggled and started to tie the flowers into little flower jewelery. She made a cute little tiara and placed on her head for a moment before taking it off and placing it on Slits head, [colour=#EE82EE]"Sorry. Oh but you look so pretty now." [/colour]She smiled and giggled.

Glimmer blinked and turned when she saw her brother land, [colour=#EE82EE]"Hey Razor. This pony can make his mane turn into flowers. Isn't it pretty?"[/colour]

She giggled as she watched her brother look over the other kids, giving some compliments to Wind and the cynogriffon, before flying off. She turned to her new friends and said, [colour=#EE82EE]"That's Razor. My big brother, and he is teaching the survival class. Oh you will all join right? It will be so much fun." [/colour]Glimmer gave all of the gathered kids big puppy eyes and the cutest look she could muster to sway them to join.

--------------------------------

Boulder was so excited and even more so when the griffon landed, [colour=#00FF00]"Oh wow! A griffon! Oh do you think he is going to fight a big scarey monster!? Oh I bet he has a sword made of dragon bone and eats manticores for lunch like in the stories!" [/colour]

Boulder's mind was already lost to such imaginatios and he started to pretend fight a dragon, "[colour=#00FF00]Take that evil dragon EatUmUp! Ahahaha."[/colour]

Silt wouldn't lie to himself, the griffons made him nervous. But the one that called herself Glimmer seemed to be very nice, and Silt smiled at her when she complimented his flowers. [colour=#006400]"T-thanks."[/colour] he stuttered when she took some of the flowers from his mane and weaved them into a tiara, which she then put upon his head. [colour=#006400]"I have a special gift with plants, but sometimes when I get nervous things like this,"[/colour] he gestured to his mane, [colour=#008000]"happen."[/colour]

A much bigger griffon came over, which Glimmer then named as her brother Razor. Silt stayed silent, letting the big griffon look them over and say things about them before taking off again.

[colour=#ee82ee]"That's Razor. My big brother, and he is teaching the survival class. Oh you will all join right? It will be so much fun."[/colour] Glimmer gave out hugs and had puppy dog eyes plastered on her face.

[colour=#008000]"I'll join."[/colour] Silt smiled and nodded. [colour=#008000]"I don't know how much he can teach me that my mum hasn't already, but it'll be fun. And you never know, I might learn something new."[/colour] [colour=#006400]'Although,'[/colour] Silt thought of the scowl the griffon had sent his way, [colour=#006400]'I don't think he likes me that much.' [/colour]

Somepony named Boulder started talking about monsters, and the thought of manticores and dragons made Silt swallow hard past a lump in his throat. [colour=#008000]"I really hope we don't see anything like that here..." [/colour]Silt turned to the cynogriffon, who didn't seem to be all that bad either. [colour=#008000]"So, Fleet Paw-"[/colour]

"Attention all campers! Head over to the Fire Bowl so we can start the week! You can follow the staff members that are heading right over there!"

The announcement took Silt by surprise, but he became excited to think about the start of the week outside. Silt shook the last of the wildflowers from his dark green mane and looked for a staff member. The only one he had seen was Razor, but he had already flown off...

2unva5w.jpg

Bebe LeStrange and Miss Understudy began to trot towards the fire bowl, taking their time but not moving too slowly. Miss Understudy was almost never calm, so she always kept a quick pace. Bebe was more concerned with burning calories, and she thought about exercise almost consistently throughout the day. Bebe wasn't too interested in Missy, she seemed plain and boring. Missy wasn't too interested in Bebe either, she seemed intimidating and overbearing. That, and Missy never started up conversations.

"So, Missy right?" Bebe asked, deciding that walking in silence was too awkward.

[colour=#000080]"Yes...hi..." [/colour]Missy replied nervously.

"So what's your story?" Bebe asked, hoping the little pink mare would finally speak up.

[colour=#000080]"My-my what?"[/colour] Missy asked, confused. She had just noticed how much Bebe towered over her.

"Your story of course. We all have a story. It's not like you were born yesterday." Bebe answered irritably, looking at the scenery.

[colour=#000080]"I...uh...well, I was raised in Canterlot, but I moved to Manhattan and became an actress."[/colour]

"That's not what I'm interested in, I know that much already! I want to know about you as a pony!" Bebe snapped, more annoyed now. This mare was a nervous breakdown waiting to happen!

[colour=#000080]"Oh...well...um...I'm single. And shy. And I uh...I really like classical music and drawing and painting."[/colour]

"I was single. I actually just fell in love with a royal guard. I don't know what it's like to be shy, I've always been bursting with confidence. I myself like dark music with synthesizers. I enjoy drawing and painting as well, what kind of things do you sketch?"

[colour=#000080]"Generally I draw landscapes. Flowers. Animals." [/colour]Missy answered, hoping to finally impress Bebe.

"Mm, I like to draw animals too. Especially manticores."

[colour=#000080]"I...I really don't draw manticores."[/colour] Miss Understudy answered, her eyes widening in fear. She couldn't stand Manticores, they really scared her.

"Manticores are my favorite. Rawr!" Bebe growled, pawing Missy with a hoof. She had just begin to notice the actress begin shaking, and it was very funny.

[colour=#000080]"Oh...that's nice...."[/colour] Missy whispered quietly, trying to suppress her fear.

Fresco listened to Fleet with interest. Woah, a mini griffon.. I didn't know they made those!! I wonder if there are like, REALLY GIANORMOUSLY big, BIG ones, too! [colour=#ff0000]"Great to meet you too, Fleet!!"[/colour] She shook his claw with enthusiasm. The corners of her lips turned upward. [colour=#ff0000]"Don't worry, you'll grow into your wings before you know it! I've never been to Aquellia before. What's it like there? I live in Manehattan, but sometimes I tell ponies that I'm from Las Pegasus because, well, Las Pegasus sounds so cool! I've always wanted to go and see the shows there. I heard they're AMAZING!"[/colour]

The filly couldn't help but giggle at her friend's magical goof. [colour=#ff0000]"You have GOT to teach me how to do that, Silt!!"[/colour] Fresco was amused when the councilor made a little tiara out of the flowers and placed them back on Silt's head.[colour=#ff0000] "Lookin good, bud!!"[/colour] She teased. When Glimmer asked if the kiddos would be joining her brothers class, Fresco quickly obliged. [colour=#ff0000]"Can't say I know much about survival. I'd better stick with you for that one, Silt!"[/colour]

A brand new pony that Fresco had never met before was introducing herself! How exciting! [colour=#ff0000]"Hey there Wind Walker! MY name's Fresco, and I like theater. It's intense! Like camping!" [/colour](In tents? Haha, get it? Ohh that was a terrible pun.. XD)[colour=#ff0000] "I've never been camping before like this though, but I'm having a blast already!"[/colour]

The magical talking loudspeaker instructed everypony to follow the councilors and head in the direction of something called the Fire Bowl. [colour=#ff0000]"I hope there's a bonfire going. That would be EPIC! Anyway, you guys ready for this or what?!" [/colour]Fresco began trotting, following the nearest councilor to the Fire Bowl.

• Like 1

"Nothing wrong about being scared. You need to understand that when wild creatures wander into places ponies live, it's not cause they're mean, it's usually cause they're lost or scared. My big sister and brother actually had to help this small village near Balimare awhile back. A manticore wandered in and they had to stop it before somepony was hurt. My sis was able to hold back the lioness as my brother, Walk Walker tried to figure out what the big kitty was looking for. Apparently some silly pony found the manticore's kid and thought she would make a fun pet. Thankfully my sibs were able to reunite the two kitties and they left without anypony getting hurt. I..."

[colour=#000000]Hopesong listened closely as Wind explained the incident. She laughed as the other filly talked of the mother manticore. In her mind, she pictured her own mother in a manticore costume roaring and rampaging through a village as she searched for her. She could see it much too easily... and in a way, the thought of her mother on the rampage was a scarier one than that of the actual rampaging beast. She blushed as her thoughts went down that path, yet all the same she felt happy to have someone who cared so much for her. She smiled as she listened, until Wind Walker was suddenly interrupted.[/colour]

"You have fun kiddo. No fights and no kissing colts on lips. You're still too young for that sort of thing."

"Dad..Why would I kiss anypony when I got Fast Track back at home? He's my colt friend!"

[colour=#000000]Hopesong smiled. So this was her father, huh? She felt a pang of sadness at that thought, though she managed to keep her smile. She wondered what her own father had been like. She really wished she had had the chance to meet him at least once. She looked around and saw that her mother was already on her way, before looking back toward the father and daughter. She nodded. They seemed to have a strong bond. It was warming, even if it made her feel a touch of jealousy. Her mother was not the best at displaying affection, and she was all she had. Hopesong was never the sort to be the downer though, and from the quick conversation she found herself with lots of questions for her friend. She smiled brightly and flew toward Wind.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"You have a coltfriend?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she asked, giggling, endlessly curious. [/colour][colour=#ff6666]"Where did you meet him? Tell me everything." [/colour][colour=#000000]she added with cheerful excitement.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She followed after Wind as she moved to greet some of the other campers. [/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Hey there Wind Walker! MY name's Fresco, and I like theater. It's intense! Like camping! [/colour][colour=#FF0000]I've never been camping before like this though, but I'm having a blast already!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]One filly responded to Wind readily. Since she was there too, Hopesong figured another introduction was in order. She smiled at this new pony, laughed at her little joke and then spoke. [/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"And I'm Hopesong! Nice to meet you, Fresco! I've never been camping either!"[/colour][colour=#000000] she shook her head and giggled.[/colour] [colour=#ff6666]"Then again, I pretty much live in the mountains... so maybe it's like I'm camping all the time!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]At the sound of the announcement, Hopesong gave a firm nod. [/colour][colour=#ff6666]"Well, looks like we better go!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she started. [/colour][colour=#ff6666]"This is gonna be fun, I can tell!"[/colour]

"Hello again Wind. I hope to see you in my survival class. You got spunk." Razor said, giving a claws up and a friendly wink.

“You think I’m going to skip out and miss learning from probably the coolest instructor this camp has?”, the little Pegasus chuckled, “I’d rather have all my feathers picked out then miss your class!”, she added with a wink before glancing over at Razor’s little sister, “I learned a ton from your big-bro the last time we hung out. Even managed to beat Kwicky Flicker for the first time In a race, something I could never even come close to doing In the past. And when I go to my first real 'boot camp', they'll be pushing the whole 'survival training' as well, so maybe Razor could at least give me the upper-hoof so I'll look extra awesome when I first start training for the R.E.A."

A brand new pony that Fresco had never met before was introducing herself! How exciting! "Hey there Wind Walker! MY name's Fresco, and I like theater. It's intense! Like camping!" (In tents? Haha, get it? Ohh that was a terrible pun.. XD) "I've never been camping before like this though, but I'm having a blast already!"

"Theater? I do have a big brother who is really into the whole acting thing.", it took her a moment to get the pun which caused to groan, "And he's also into er, jokes as well.", she was obviously trying very hard to be polite, "He's in the 'Royal Equestrian Army' like the rest of my siblings, but he always signs up for local shows and R.E.A theater groups when they put on shows for charity. Moon Walker is a bit of a silly pony as he always tries to get into 'character' before the show starts. One time he was to play a butler named Passepartsnout for some play he was in, and for like an entire month before they started the show, he acted like a real butler in our house. Even wore a fancy suit and would call me 'Filliyeas Fogg'.", she giggled or a bit as she remembered the incredibly odd month the family shared during that time.

"You have a coltfriend?" she asked, giggling, endlessly curious. "Where did you meet him? Tell me everything." she added with cheerful excitement.

"Oh yeah! Fast Track! Glimmer here has met him.", she nodded at the young griffon, "And so did her big brother.", she continued to follow the others as they slowly cantered on, "He was a transfer student from Cloudsdale and being the new kid, the bigger students pretty much started to pick on him almost right way. He was very shy and sort of stuttered when he spoke, which made him an easy target for bullies. When I saw him, I thought he was kind of cute. He's fuzzy and brown with white spots and he sort of reminded me of my big sister's old colt-friend, Dunder. So I decided to introduce myself and my assortment of friends to him. At first he didn't want anything to do with us, but eventually he was able to pony up to our little 'friendship' challenge and soon he was part of the gang!", The young pony's ears perked up as she heard the announcement for the 'Fire Bowl', "Guess this is the part where they're going to give us all the rules and assign us stuff.", she huffed, "Still, I already know this is gonna be ten times cooler than the silly baby camp my parents made me go to last summer."

[colour=red]"Umm, hello? Mr. Director, sir?"[/colour] Maple half-whispered in the, well, director's ear. The camp director had done a full census of all of the counselors, except for the mare. She had given the camp head the benefit of the doubt, despite the distinctly bitter, heart-squeezing feeling being treated like a pane of glass gave her. Perhaps she had been late... again? But, alas, all that was behind her. [colour=red]"I'm Maple, the canoeing instructor. I just noticed that you didn't seem to count me in your rolecall, but that's okay... Anyways, I'm here, and... yeah."[/colour]

When Maple first heard that there was a summer camp opening up right in her figurative backyard, and they were hiring counsellor positions, she signed up for canoeing instructor faster than she can down a sticky shot of syrup. Unfortunately, survival was already taken, which would have been an apt time for her to tell her Cutie Mark's story, but even so, she did love to canoe. And foals! She loved to be around all kinds of colts and filles. And getting paid for it all? Now, that's just a bonus!

In her head as she trotted alongside the rest of the staff, the tree-bucker made a checklist of things she may have forgotten at home. Truth be told, it wouldn't be a big deal, as it took her all of half an hour to get here from her cabin, but Maple had never been to camp before, so she wanted to have the true camper's experience and make sure everything was in order, so that she wouldn't have to visit home prematurely. Halfway through she stopped, panic-stricken, and patted her body invasively searching for her sweatbands - until she realized that they were on her hooves the entire time. She giggled to herself satirically and sped up a little to catch up to the group, but not too far as to not hear the director's response to her introduction.

It's hard to describe in words just how excited this auburn-vested pony was to canoe again. It'd been ages since she'd last even touched a paddle, but certainly all her past experience with the vessel would treat her nicely. In fact, she once canoed all the way down the river that cuts through the Whitetail (and through Little Lake, ironically) with a burlap sackful of maple syrup bottles for a distant customer. She didn't really need to do it, but it was great exercise and reminded her of the pioneer earth ponies' way. As a plus, she had heard that counsellors didn't need to help portage -- added bonus!

Well, if she were to be eating, bunking, and living with these counsellors for however long camp lasted, she might as well make some friends that would hopefully last her a long while to come. Maybe she'd even recognize an old customer or two! To start off, she picked a targ- err, companion who didn't seem to be talking to anypony at the given moment; butting in would be just plain rude. She spotted a conversation just breaking up between a graceful-looking mare and a smaller, obviously more timid one. Opting for the latter, she gently advanced, lightly tapped her on the shoulder (as not to startle the living daylights out of her), and started off with a simple, expository statement:

[colour=red]"Hi there! My name's Maple, and I'm the canoeing instructor! How're you doing?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh yes! Sorry I forgot you, Maple, but thank goodness you just told me!"[/colour]

A few more trots until the fire bowl. The camp director took the team of staff to the back of the stage. The group walked and talked until they stopped and turned to the director who gave the directions. Floods of campers filled the seats ready for the introduction.

[colour=#ff0000]"So I'll give the introduction of camp and each one of you guys afterwards introduce yourselves, where you are from, and what job you have as a staff member sounds fair?"[/colour]

Jigsaw.pngcmark_frost137.png

"Yes!" Jigsaw nodded with approval. Along with that Spin Art nodded wildly. Jigsaw glanced over her shoulder and gave her an odd look. Spin then slowly nodded.

"So... where are you from?" Spin began very slowly, since her introduction didn't give a lasting effect on Jigsaw. Hopefully, this tone of voice won't growl up a fight. Jigsaw looked back to her.

"Really I used to live in Ponyville, but until then I study at Stalliongrad University. But suddenly my family moved to Canterlot since my mum found a great job and so my little brother can study hard!" This made Jigsaw's eyes enlighten with happiness and joy. In her mind she can imagine the little mustard yellow colt making toys along with her dad. His happy face, then made her sad, but she hid it quickly before Spin Art saw. She was already missing her brother. Why didn't he come to camp this year? "Yeah, confusing. But where are you from?"

"Cloudsdale. In short, I lived there my whole life!" Spin Art lightly chuckled, holding back her wildness.

"Do you have any siblings?" Jigsaw wondered. Maybe, just maybe, babysit her sibling! But that family member could be just like her.... Nevermind....

"No... I live with my mum."

"Dad?"

"Uhhh...." Spin curled her ears. "He disappeared when I was little-"

"Sorry to hear that." Jigsaw added.

"Oh it's fine!" Spin gave her a little smile. "He's probably in the Wonderbolts or something. Someday, I'll be just like him so I can find him or be really famous so he can see me!"

"Waaaiiittt....." Jigsaw slowly started. "You're dad is a Wonderbolt? Which one?" Jigsaw wasn't a fan of the Wonderbolts, but surely they were fantastic flyers!

"Speed Cloud."

"Huh, never heard of him before." Jigsaw sighed. "Well I guess that's fine, but your a Wonderbolt offspring! You fly fast?"

[colour=#ff0000]"We're ready to begin!" [/colour]The camp director hushed everypony and went onto the stage.[colour=#ff0000]"Welcome campers to Camp Little Lake!" [/colour]He neighed into the mic. (Is there mics in WoE?) [colour=#ff0000]"Thank you for choosing this camp for this summer! Who's ready for this week?" [/colour]He yelled to give the command to them for enthusiasm. He waited until the roar died down. [colour=#ff0000]"I bet you guys are going to have a great summer. Simple rules or what I like to call them: the code... Have fun, never cross the fillies side and the colts side of cabins, and never go by the lake alone! We can all do that right? Now behind this stage are very cool ponies and griffons who make this camp amazing! You guys can come out! And what these guys are going to do, they are going to introduce themselves!"[/colour]

All of the staff streamed out behind the curtains. Spin Art surged into stage fright. Jigsaw didn't want to go first, but she had to do so anyways.

"Hi everypony!" She gave her best smile. "I'm Jigsaw, I'm from.... ah...." She couldn't decide from the three places she mentioned to Spin so she went with, "Stalliongrad! And I am a fillies counselor!" She kicked Spin and gave her a mocking look. "Your turn!" She hissed behind laughter.

"Uhm." Spin stuttered. "Heya! I'm Spin Art and I'm from Cloudsdale! Hehehe.... And I am your art instructor!"

Razor stepped up next and gave a wave hello to all the gathered colts and fillies. [colour=#FF0000]"Hello kids. Name is Razor, and I'll be your survival instructor, among a few other things. I'll show you how to track animals, make shelter and secure resources if you should ever find yourself in a situation that calls for such skills. When you finish this camp you will be half way decent ponies."[/colour]

Razor saw Glimmer and her friends in the audience and gave his sister a wave. Oh yes that had to be addressed.

[colour=#FF0000]"Oh yes, by the by. My sister is here and I would like you all to be friendly to her." [/colour]Razor said before growling slightly and looking at the kids with a predatory look,[colour=#FF0000] "because I will not tolerate any form of aggression towards her or any of her friends. And you boys...try anything funny....well....don't try anything funny. Mwahahahaha"[/colour] Razor chuckled darkly before stepping back.

-----------------------

[colour=#EE82EE]"Ugh....sometimes Razor can be a bit much."[/colour] Glimmer said with a sigh and rubbed her head. Still she giggled a bit at her brothers over protectiveness. She hopped he didn't get introuble for it, after all Razor would never actually do anything to harm anygriffon...or pony. He just liked to sound menacing.

• Like 1

The loudspeaker told everyone to go to the Fire Bowl. The first thing that came to mind for Fleet was a giant bowl filled with fire. While that was a really cool image in his head, the actual Fire Bowl was probably just going to be a big bonfire or something. Fleet walked with the crowd, excited as ever to see what this mysterious "Fire Bowl" was.

Turns out both were wrong, it was just a stage with the staff introducing themselves. Fleet sat in the crowd of children, listening to the counselors introduce themselves and their role on staff. He recalled Razor pointing at him earlier saying something like "I already like you." He wasn't sure what he did to get liked by the survival instructor, but at least his class sounded interesting. Tracking animals and making shelters sounded like fun, and would help him explore even more back home! His last remark about his sister went completely over his head, as Fleet's mind had already began thinking about the cool possibilities being able to make shelters and things out in the woods would open. He could start his own little club-house-camp-thing out in the woods back home! They were tiny compared to the Whitetail Woods, but it would still be cool. [colour=#ff8c00]"I wonder what else they're gonna do here," [/colour]he thought aloud.

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah, yes, I am Harrington Sleuth...I'll be your colts' counselor for this week."[/colour] He stepped forward and waved his hoof to signal himself to the crowd when Razor finished introducing himself.[colour=#daa520] [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I'll also be your track identification instructor and assist Razor in that respect of survival. I'll mostly point out how to tell similar prints apart, identify what left the tracks and how you should react to each trail of tracks. Obviously, if they're bear tracks, you go away from where they lead.

"I may condone some tricks here and there in the colts rooms, but just keep in mind the line between pranks and bullying. It's all in good fun, not to harm another pony. Let's all have a good time this week and I'll see you around."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"You've GOT to teach me how to do that, Silt!" [/colour]

[colour=#006400]"I can try to teach you,"[/colour] Silt told his friend Fresco as he walked with her and the other campers to the Fire Bowl,[colour=#006400] "but I'm not much of a teacher. I'll do my best though, if you really want to learn."[/colour] Upon arriving at the stage filled with older ponies the griffon from earlier, Razor, Silt sat between his new friends Fresco and Glimmer, glad for their company.

The counselors! All seemed very enthusiastic about their subject, and the excitement was contagious. Silt could feel an itching under his coat to get going already, and it took a lot of self control for him to sit still. The filly's counselor, Jigsaw, was from Stalliongrad? The unicorn colt wondered briefly if she had ever met his great-great grandsire, and decided to ask her if he got a moment. And the art instructor, the pegasus Spin Art, seemed like a very fun pony. He would definitely be trying his hoof at painting or whatever it was she had planned for the week.

Then, there he was again, Razor, announcing himself to the group as the survival instructor. He eyed the group sharply as he warned them not to mess with his sister, and Silt had the feeling his eyes might have stayed a moment longer on him than the others. The griffon chuckled darkly and Silt tried to make himself as small as possible between Glimmer and Fresco, although he would've been happier if he could disappear altogether under the griffon's gaze.

[colour=#ee82ee]"Ugh, sometimes Razor can be a bit much,"[/colour] Glimmer said with a sigh and rubbed her head.

Silt didn't really have any reply to that, Razor looked positively menacing to the young colt. Still, Silt felt reassured knowing the colt's counselor, Harrington Sleuth, would be assisting the survival instructor and would be there to prevent Silt from getting eaten (as his imagination showed that as one of the possibilities).

((Yeah, there have been a few instances that I remember in which mics were used in the show, so they should be allowed in woe just fine ^^))

Windwalker told Fresco all about her brother who, from the sounds of it, had the same passion for acting that Fresco herself had. She laughed out at his silly story of his brother being in character, even at home. [colour=#ff0000]"What a goofball!! He sounds like a BUCKET of good times" [/colour]The filly occasionally liked to make up little words and phrases. She hadn't any idea what bucket of good times could mean, but her words just sorta spilled out that way.

[colour=#ff0000]Hopesong actually LIVES in the mountains like camping..? She must have one REEAALLYYY big tent!![/colour] Being the people person ponies pony that she was, the thought of a house being build up on top of a mountain just didn't make much sense in Fresco's mind, despite some woodsy homes being in stories that she'd heard in the past. Why would anypony build a house so far away from other ponies?

Silt said that he would teach her how to duggie do the spell, but warned her that he wasn't a very good teacher. Fresco, of course, didn't mind. [colour=#ff0000]"That would be AWESOME!! You can show me later. Do they always appear in your mane like that or could you make a flower appear in your mouth?" [/colour]In the event of an audience throwing roses at her, she thought that it would be a really neat little trick.

Fresco turned her attention to the stage as soon as the first instructor set her hoof down onto it. Unlike her usual loud, excitable self, she sat with a quiet focus, ready to take in what was about to happen. She had learned that the audience is what really matters during a show. If you're on stage and doing awesome but nopony's really interested in you.. Then what's the point? Spin Art, although her intro was short and not super informative, was Fresco's favorite! So far, at least!! Razor seemed protectively intimidating, but for some reason, Fresco really liked that about him. Not because of the fact that he had probably just stricken fear into the hearts of the colts who dared get close to his little sister, but because it gave him so much more character in her mind.

As Maple had been lagging behind ever since she talked to The Director, she was one of the later few to step forward on the stage. She was a lot less nervous than she'd been expected, and she could practically feel her massive smile tugging at her ears. All those smiling colts and fillies... It was gonna be a great weak!

[colour=red]"Hi there everypony! My name's Maple Blossom, but just call me Maple! I live right around this neighbourhood, just south of here in the Whitetail Woods, and I'm going to be your canoeing instructor! Somegryphon else took the survival counsellor spot-"[/colour]

She theatrically faked a grudged grumble, eliciting a small giggle from the crowd.

[colour=red]"Heh, heh, but I still know a good bit about how to get around these woods, so if you ever need anything on a canoe trip, don't hesa- hezze- err, hesitate (sorry) to ask me to give you a hoof!"[/colour]

They were already going at fast as they can.

[colour=#006400]"Quick, quick!" [/colour]Long Drive's mother got him off as quick as possible, panicked. Long Drive and she knew that the absence of ponies meant that they were late. Extremely late. Long Drive was rushed himself and only managed to wave at his mother before galloping away. The load of the backpack, unfortunately, slowed the colt down. Inside his backpack contained camping inventory that was able to last much more than one week. (along with a 5-fairway wood; he could never leave without a golf club)

It wasn't his choice to come to Camp Little Lake. His parents decided for him to go here, in fact. Long Drive was uncertain of their reason for sending him here. They said it was because of business issues, but he wasn't so sure of that. For all he knew, they might be finding an excuse to go to a vacation without him.

Long Drive stopped, noticing a crowd of fillies and colts gathering nearby a stage. He ran towards the crowd, shouting out, [colour=#008000]"Wait! I'm here!" [/colour]Only then until he saw that the crowd were listening to the speaker, which was apparently a mare, did he stop and lower his voice. [colour=#008000]"Uh...hello? Did I miss anything?"[/colour]

"Oh yeah! Fast Track! Glimmer here has met him. And so did her big brother. He was a transfer student from Cloudsdale and being the new kid, the bigger students pretty much started to pick on him almost right way. He was very shy and sort of stuttered when he spoke, which made him an easy target for bullies. When I saw him, I thought he was kind of cute. He's fuzzy and brown with white spots and he sort of reminded me of my big sister's old colt-friend, Dunder. So I decided to introduce myself and my assortment of friends to him. At first he didn't want anything to do with us, but eventually he was able to pony up to our little 'friendship' challenge and soon he was part of the gang!"

[colour=#000000]Hopesong listened and nodded along with the story. It made her smile. Wind Walker really was a good pony to reach out to Fast Track like that. That was really cool of her! It was also really nice for her that so much came of it. Hopesong hadn't ever really entertained romantic thoughts very far. Sure, there weren't many opportunities living just with her mum in the mountains, but all the same it still felt like a funny idea for her. She did kinda like reading romance stories some times though.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"That's awesome! It really sounds like you have a lot going on in your life, Wind!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Hopesong said with a cheerful nod back to her friend as they approached a stage with an assortment of adults on it, looking ready to address the crowd of foals[/colour]

"Guess this is the part where they're going to give us all the rules and assign us stuff. Still, I already know this is gonna be ten times cooler than the silly baby camp my parents made me go to last summer."

[colour=#ff6666]"Yep! Looks like it's going to be fun!"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Hopesong replied looking at Wind and the other new friends she had made before diverting her attention fully to the stage. A stallion stepped up to the microphone and began to address them shortly.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"We're ready to begin! [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Welcome campers to Camp Little Lake! [/colour][colour=#FF0000]Thank you for choosing this camp for this summer! Who's ready for this week?[/colour][colour=#FF0000]I bet you guys are going to have a great summer. Simple rules or what I like to call them: the code... Have fun, never cross the fillies side and the colts side of cabins, and never go by the lake alone! We can all do that right? Now behind this stage are very cool ponies and griffons who make this camp amazing! You guys can come out! And what these guys are going to do, they are going to introduce themselves!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]After this introduction by the camp direct, in turn the various counselors and instructors introduced themselves. First was a mare named Jigsaw who said she was the fillies' counselor; she seemed spirited and energetic. After her was Spin Art, the art instructor who also appeared friendly. Following her, a griffon named Razor addressed them as the survival instructor. Apparently he was Glimmer's brother; he seemed kind of silly to her but she was sure he was nice. Then there was Harrington Sleuth, the colts' counselor and tracking instructor and finally Maple the canoeing instructor. Hopesong was eager to learn from all of them.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Wait! I'm here! [/colour][colour=#008000]Uh...hello? Did I miss anything?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Just then a late arriving camper rushed to the back of the crowd. Hopesong turned and smiled at the colt reassuringly.[/colour]

[colour=#ff6666]"Don't worry! The instructors were just introducing themselves. We're still just getting started,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]she said, nodding gently as she did[/colour].

"Ugh....sometimes Razor can be a bit much." Glimmer said with a sigh and rubbed her head. Still she giggled a bit at her brothers over protectiveness. She hopped he didn't get introuble for it, after all Razor would never actually do anything to harm anygriffon...or pony. He just liked to sound menacing.

The little blue Pegasus pony nodded her head in agreement, "Yeah, I'm already a decent pony, maybe even better than decent, and what do you think he means by 'anything funny'?", she pondered what the older griffon had meant for a moment before adding, "I hope you big brother hasn't scared away others from telling us jokes. Or even worse, he'll scare the guys like he did to poor Fast Track.", she shuddered as she remembered what happened when Razor gave her little pony pal a rather menacing glare. She patiently listened to the rest of the camp counselors, making sure to remember each and everyone of their names and how to properly pronounce them all. She noticed in the past that most adults tend to get cranky if you mess up their names.

She grinned a little as Fresco refereed to one of her older brothers as an 'bucket of good-times' and let out a giggle, "Yeah, Moon is a bucket alright. He's probably more of a crazy bucket, but he's usually pretty fun to hang around with.", she seemed to have remembered something important as her eyes fell back onto the small griffon, "Hey Glimmer, believe it or not, but since the last time I've seen you, I've actually become an aunt. Shortly after that whole beach thing, my oldest brother had a kid. Well, he didn't have the kid, my sister in law did. To think, once Ticker Tape starts talking, she'll call me 'Aunt Wind Walker'."

"That's awesome! It really sounds like you have a lot going on in your life, Wind!" Hopesong said with a cheerful nod back to her friend as they approached a stage with an assortment of adults on it, looking ready to address the crowd of foals[/bg]

"Yeah, I sure do, maybe a little too much if you ask me.", she muttered the last bit, "Still, I'm really looking forward to hanging around with you guys and along with making some new friends, along with campfires, eatting sch'moes and telling scary stories. This is gonna be so much fun!", she bounced on the top of her little horseshoes and she silently prayed there wouldn't be any drama that tended to find its way into these things. If it wasn't beach krakens, it was swamp snakes, or forest critters with flashy eyes. She just hoped her 'Uncle' Pocket Change was just exaggerating when he mentioned these woods were just FILLED with nasty insects.

[colour=#008000]"Wait! I'm here! [/colour][colour=#008000]Uh...hello? Did I miss anything?"[/colour]

Maple noticed a nervous-looking, younger pony dashing towards the crowd. Obviously late, as she was before, but he seemed to have caught up quickly.

However, nopony seemed to be starting conversations with her, so the mare turned to the mare next to her, who had addressed herself as Hopesong, and opened a very basic conversation...

[colour=red]"Hello...!"[/colour]

(I can't RP Spin Art now until she gets "updated." So Jigsaw the whole way!)

Jigsaw.png

Jigsaw intently listened to most of the staff members.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hi there everypony! My name's Maple Blossom, but just call me Maple! I live right around this neighbourhood, just south of here in the Whitetail Woods, and I'm going to be your canoeing instructor! Somegryphon else took the survival counselor spot-" [/colour]The pony grumbled. Jigsaw chuckled under her breath and glanced at Razor.

What an interesting herd this year. She thought to herself. The blue mare can remember last summer as if it was yesterday. Last summer camp, everypony was a bit bland. But this year, hopefully all the campers will be delighted to meet the staff. You got Spin Art here (Jigsaw doesn't enjoy her rambunctiousness, but hey the campers will love her sillyness), Maple an outgoing mare, Harrington Sleuth a responsible stallion, and Razor the gryffon who can bring the... surprise for the colts it seemed. Jigsaw knew there were more staff to present themselves. She contentedly watched.

Boulder was practically hopping up and down, [colour=#00FF00]"Oh boy oh boy this is going to be so much fun." [/colour]He tapped a colt next to him on the shoulder,[colour=#00FF00] "Do you think they will have butter toast for breakfast?"[/colour]

Glimmer just listened to all the councilors with a smile, adjusting her bow a bit to make sure it was okay, [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh this is going to be so much fun Wind. Oh we should stay up really late and tell ghost stories. Boo".[/colour]She gave a giggle and a cute little boo.

Razor simply stayed back with the rest of the councilors that had addressed themselves,[colour=#FF0000] "This is going to be a long week."[/colour] He said looking over to Jigsaw and said, [colour=#FF0000]"Hey will the boys and girls be in seperate cabins?"[/colour]

Razor felt this would be crucial to know, cause if it was mixed cabins he was going to sleep on the roof of whatever one Glimmer was in. Just to keep an eye on any of the colts, especially that one with the flowers in his mane. Razor knew that it all had to be an act, just to lead his sweet innocent sister into a false sense of security!

[colour=#FF0000]'That kid better watch himself. Or i'll eat him'[/colour] He thought as he swiped his claws across an apple once and causing it to fall into seperate pieces. He did this in good eye sight of the kids, especially the boys. Remind them that he had claws...and they were not for show.

• Like 1

Harrington overheard Razor's question and decided to answer without waiting for Jigsaw's answer as he wanted to be quick to help...even if it was a bit rude.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yes, they will be separate. Why wouldn't they be?"[/colour]

He looked back at the crowd, also hearing Razor's comment as he kept an eye over his sister. He leaned in closer without touching the griffon.

[colour=#ff0000]"Razor, keep calm...I saw that among other things in the crowd, but we can deal with him if he goes too far without resorting to violence. He's a colt. There's only so much we can expect from him. He's not worth getting authorities mixed up into this camp. The last thing we need is Canterlot deciding whether or not we can keep doing this camp or who can and can't come. I understand making a point and wanting to protect your little sister. I have one about her age back home in Baltimare. Just be mindful of the line between defense and aggression." [/colour]He turned back to face the campers in case he needed to answer any further questions.

[colour=#ff0000]"That would be AWESOME! You can show me later. Do they always appear in your mane like that or could you make a flower appear in your mouth?"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Eh, what?"[/colour] Silt's mind was sluggish in processing Fresco's words, he was to focused on the apple that Razor annihilated; imagining it was his flank instead. He pressed himself further to the ground to the point he was lying down. Fear coursed through him at the thought of the griffon and he second guessed attending his survival class.[colour=#006400] 'I told Glimmer I would go though, I can't let her down...'[/colour] Silt thought and swallowed past a hard lump in his throat.

[colour=#008000]"I-I don't think I could make a flower just appear."[/colour] Silt mumbled to Fresco, focusing his blue eyes on the grass around his hooves. His intense fear had started to unleash his magic and cause the grass around him to start growing steadily. This happened when he was frightened, or surprised, or very angry. Any powerful emotion lessened his control over his magic, and he tried hard to stop the grass from growing before anypony noticed and he got in trouble. [colour=#008000]"It's difficult to make plants just appear. My- my mane has seeds in it."[/colour][colour=#000000] Silt itched his mane then, and a bit of dirt and a sunflower seed fell to the ground. [/colour][colour=#008000]"I know it's dirty, and most ponies disapprove of that, but I can carry around seeds like that and they won't rot. Those flowers came from those seeds, my magic just made them grow very fast."[/colour]

• Like 1

((Thanks for letting me know I was up!! Feel free to message me the first day next time just in case, I'm sorry that u all had to wait so long on me but thank u for your amazing patience!!))

"Hi new kid!!" Fresco shouted at the new little colt with a quick, yet exaggerated wave

Fresco watched with excitement as Razor sliced the apple with one might sweep of his claws like it was nothing. She noticed her friend sinking steadily in his seat. She guessed that he was either reeaaalllyyy tired, or reeaalllyyy uncomfortable. "Its okay bud" The filly patted Silt's mane gently. Fresco was a little surprised that it wasn't particularly clean, since he came off as somewhat a gentle colt goodie horseshoes. She just wiped her hoof on her hip, unbothered by a little dirt. The grass grew up, hiding Silt further. 'He'd be really good at paintball' she thought to herself

Silt explained how he did his trick, along with why his mane was so dirty. Fresco thought it gave him a great sense of character. "Thats not gross.." she started "You're like some kind of plant pony. I think its cool!!" The corners of her mouth turned up, forming a grin