Names~

Kodokuna

As a man who has gone through so many names in both real life and online, I'm quite curious to hear all the nicknames or usernames you've acquired over the years and why. :3

Here's a few of mine that I consider official:

-Blue: I carried this for a year in real life. It was meant to symbolize three things; My love for the colour, my love for the Pokemon Trainer, and my current state of emotion.

-BluKario: An upgrade from the previous nickname, it's the combination of 'Blue' and 'Lucario' (Rukario in Japan). Also, it has the letter 'K', which is my favorite letter of the alphabet.

-Kodokuna Haisha: My current nickname/username. TehBBqPizza says it means 'Rhythm Looser', and though he got 'Haisha' right, 'Kodokuna' means something entirely different. :razz:

Exclusive Canterlot Nicknames:

-Kyoto

-Yokai

• Like 1

I have a few, maybe some people might even recognize a few of them as I was quite active on several websites.

Harmonic Revelations

Harmy

Suprememessage

Suprememessageng

SuperTheta393

Those are all names I've used. Harmonic Revelations is now my mostly used username and Harmy is just a nickname that my friends call me. Suprememessage used to be used a lot, for example, it's my Wikia account name.

Frost137 - I had this username for four years and practically my main username. It was originated from my account on Club Penguin... (I was in 5th grade you guys, sheesh. :razz:)

Thunderstar/Thunderstar137 - I used this for my Star Fox forums account and for the time. This name originated from the Warrior (cats) series. The 137 came from Frost137. This is hardly used.

Spin-Art - Recently been created. Only has been used for my "brony" accounts (excluding Canterlot) such as FiMFiction and Deviantart.

• Like 1

Usually, I go by "Jenga" or a variation therof when online (jenga218 or Jenga Jane being the most common). The Jenga comes from a game of human jenga that was played at a Church youth camp several years ago. A game of human Jenga that I failed at rather spectacularly. I think it was only a few weeks after said youth camp that I set up my very first e-mail address. Unlike most of us who had hotmail in fifth grade, I didn't choose butterfliessunshinegirl342904@hotmail.com or anything like that. I went with the newly acquired nickname "jenga" and the date I'd acquired it (Feb 18th). Also, for the record, when I tell someone my username verbally, I always say it "Jenga two-eighteen" as a result of this.

Not sure if the Jane part came before or after. Yes, Jane is my middle name and in real life I do go by my first name (though lately I've started coming close to answering to 'Jane' too). And I'd never been one of those people who kept my middle name a secret either. But I didn't start using it actively online until I started actually being active on a forum site. Long story short, my account name on said site was "smo52oms" for stupid reasons and I hated it but couldn't change it. I adopted a different online persona in the form of my simself (this was a sims 2 fansite) by giving her my middle name as her first name, and my maternal grandmother's maiden name as her surname. I worked actively on that site to ensure that people called me Jane as much as possible - put the name in my avatar and my signature was 'call me Jane' for the entire time I was on that site. I got really annoyed when people still called me smo52oms.

I was, and still am, happy to use Jenga, though. As I began to branch out I acquired several accounts on various sites with names like "Jenga218", "Jenga", and eventually "Jenga Jane" (the space between is done in so many different ways because where's the fun in being consistent? Jenga-Jane, Jenga_Jane, Jenga Jane, JengaJane, etc.)

At one point, I got into the habit of trying to see if "Jane" was taken on any site before defaulting to a variation of Jenga, and when I went on an account-making spree in ponydom last year, I also added "Applejane" to my repertoire when I cleverly (well, I thought it was clever) realized the name was two letters off "Applejack" and was still very me. I really only use that on sites where I have multiple accounts, but one specific to ponies (Google, Youtube, there might be a livejournal floating around with that on it somewhere. :P ).

I actually think Canterlot is the only site on which I am active where my username is simply "Jane". I really like having it that way, but at the same time it confuses people. I recently added someone on Skype and even when I answered the "who are you?" question with "I'm Jane from Canterlot" I got a response along the lines of "no, I mean what's your username." :/

And that's how Equestria was made.

• Like 1

Paaaad. That's pretty much the only name I ever go by online. I've used it for a very long time. Anyone else remember how the personal pages on Lego.com used to look like castle towers? That's how long we're talking! The only exceptions are Youtube and Puzzle Pirates. I go by Galitwo there.

- Cartophile: Most recent one; some call my Carto for short. Pretty self-explanatory. :razz:

- Consonance: Used for several months from different forums, names after the repetitive use of consonants in poetry. Con for short.

- TehBbqdPizza/TBP: The most familiar one, apparently

- BbqPizza: The shortening of my own name, used for more than a year before changing it.

- Omglolbbqpizza: The original name.

- Whirlwind: Got this from my friend after helping him name his OC this name.

- Skewer: The alternative name my brony friends in real life nickname me.

- Derpy, Alt Derpy, Flatland Derpy, and H. G. Derpy: The Derpy quadruplets, each from a different universe. Currently the proud user of these multiple characters in the chat.

Actually, now to think of it...I didn't notice Kodo and Kuna was one word. :razz: Kodo is Rhythm, Kodoku is lonely. Na is a connective word to something a noun.

And I thought it was one big word. If it was like that, it'll be incorrect and have no meaning. (Rhythm ???) Lonely Loser. (Kodoku Na Haisha)

Kyoto is a city in Japan, Yokai means ghost. Referenced off "Nura: Rise of the Yokai", where Kyoto is the most abundant places of Yokai.

• Like 1

Monochrome- my username and ponysona's name. Mono- shortened version of the first name Nom- a name randomly thought up by my friend River, actually kind of fits my love of food. XD Ducky- a nickname pertaining to my username on another site, hasn't been used on canterlot yet Captain McDerp- a nickname bestowed upon me by ones of my friends. Matches my personality, I'd say. XD

• Like 1

My first nickname (not counting "Boo Bear", which I'm pretty sure doesn't count because my parents gave it to me) was "Ruggy". I still have a couple friends who call me Ruggy. I used to go by the handle "Wolfdog" as a wee thing, when I was really into Balto. Somehow it mutated from Wolfdog, to Wolfrug, to Ruggy. It's lasted... at least 12 years.

"Kilan" was one I picked up in high school. My name is Kirah. I got a piece of mail once addressed to "Kilan", and my best friend found it hilarious.

"Dunes" is a shortening of "Dunesfara", the first WoW character I had. I'd just finished reading, wait for it, Dune by Frank Herbert and I was in a duney mood. But I made a bunch of friends through WoW, and even after we all met up for ribs and beer, they still call me Dunes. It's okay by me. :D

• Like 1

68 State - A name taken from a Gorrilaz song, I think it has a nice ring to it.

Giovanni - I'm not Italian, I just love playing pokemon.

A Light Shining in Darkness - I rarely use this one nowadays, sounds kinda corny looking back on it.

I have about 20,000 real life nicknames, but that my friends, is another story for another time...

• Like 1

Hmmm lets see here..

Browneh: Ive had this name for a small amount of time, actually, i cant remember who first called me it, but i believe it was my friend that used to call me "brownie" then someone was all like: Ermehgerd, Browneh! And its just stuck from there.

Fleetfoot: An even more recent name, i use this for my steam account, the name is from my favorite Wonderbolt/ background character, Fleetfoot. (the adorable little filly on my avatar)

Welux: My name on many gaming accounts, not much to this name, really, just threw a bunch of letters together

Not many names there, but meh, im not very creative :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really had any real life nicknames (Well, barring semi derogatory ones about my hair colour) but I suppose I could reflect upon the couple of internet names that I've had.

The first one I can remember starting to use online would be Fezhead. Due to the fact I enjoy wearing fezzes, primarily on my head. This would be the first one I tried on any online account for a while. I nearly had it as my account name on here actually, before I settled with DamianMane, which is not, as multiple people have guessed, a Batman reference. It is in fact the name of my first ever RP character, who, looking back, was a ridiculously overpowered, poorly thought out Gary Stue. But his name was catchy, so it stuck.

The only other thing that springs to mind is Inverted, which is what I'm usually referred to in the online gaming scene. This happened because people couldn't be bothered adding "llama" to the end to get my full name. (Yeah, my name was Inverted Llama. I don't know why.)

Hmm... I've got a few...

Rocky - Just a shortened version of IRockZ28 I acquired when I joined Skype.

Rockington/Rock - Conor Colton occasionally calls me these.

Voxxy/Vox - One of my OC's names. I am called this on my OC's Facebook page... Cuz that's his name. .-.

- Cartophile: Most recent one; some call my Carto for short. Pretty self-explanatory. :razz:

- Consonance: Used for several months from different forums, names after the repetitive use of consonants in poetry. Con for short.

- TehBbqdPizza/TBP: The most familiar one, apparently

- BbqPizza: The shortening of my own name, used for more than a year before changing it.

- Omglolbbqpizza: The original name.

- Whirlwind: Got this from my friend after helping him name his OC this name.

- Skewer: The alternative name my brony friends in real life nickname me.

- Derpy, Alt Derpy, Flatland Derpy, and H. G. Derpy: The Derpy quadruplets, each from a different universe. Currently the proud user of these multiple characters in the chat.

Actually, now to think of it...I didn't notice Kodo and Kuna was one word. :razz: Kodo is Rhythm, Kodoku is lonely. Na is a connective word to something a noun.

And I thought it was one big word. If it was like that, it'll be incorrect and have no meaning. (Rhythm ???) Lonely Loser. (Kodoku Na Haisha)

Kyoto is a city in Japan, Yokai means ghost. Referenced off "Nura: Rise of the Yokai", where Kyoto is the most abundant places of Yokai.

Kyoto ~ <3 and Yokai as in Yokai academy :D

Valkahike - The username I usually use and have used the longest (About 5-6 years).

Valkahikle - A sub name I use for either alt accounts or characters in games as an alternate name

Onion Crunchies - Used it for about a week on Steam

Delicous Oyster - Xbox Alt for LAN play

The Smelly Prince Of Bel'Air - Silly thing me and my friends do in team games (i.e, One of us is the Fresh Prince, Fresher, Freshest).

There's a few others, don't think I can remember though :P

• 2 weeks later...

Three main names:

Ghostly Hamburger-my main name everywhere. It started with someone on Neopets giving me the username "happy_hamburger". Then, I went to a Danny Phantom messageboard and decided I needed something more "ghostly". So I became Ghostly Hamburger. It grew on me.

jinxedthingsring-my secondary name. It's a lyric from the song Behind the Sea by Panic! at the Disco. I just like the way it sounds.

featherquill-I really only use this here. It's the name of my ponysona, but I have never bothered to develop that OC.

I don't really have a lot, considering I prefer to where the mask of others rather than to assume a unique identity, however, I have stuck with a few, I could go back waaaaay into the past, but meh. Have a few:

Snipey - Oldest name. This was back in the day when MSN was the thing, and so after numerous attempts to find a more "unique" name (Come on, taking over fictional personas is boring, at least everyone I knew thought so). Of course, i didn't use my actual picture as profile picture, hence I cycled through various avatars, and on one of them, a picture of a soldier holding a dragunov to the side, made me think some completely inconsistent thoughts about how happy with would be to snipe, hence "Happy sniper" was cobbled to become "Snipey" Dun use the name anymore.

Harv0kz - "Ghost of Christmas Present" name. So after it became difficult to use Snipey in most games (username already taken - Bah!), I cycled through some more names based on military arms, vehicles, aircraft, etc. And one struck out the most: The Mil MI-28 "Havoc" (hence name origin). If you've seen the stats, of that attack helicopter, well... lets see... pretty good armour, tons of guns and missiles, just something someone young would be fascinated by.if he wanted to blow things up with a huge explosion. So a little bit of spunky modding and letter-arrangement, and thus "Harv0kz" was born.

Fightyshy - Whenever I feel like making people struggle to realize that they've been stomped by a Brony, I use this name. So lets have some more storytime:

Once upon a time, Harv0kz was converted into a brony. In his joy to spread friendship, he spread the word, and much to the chargin of others (I swear, at the time in school, I think I was one of the few. See, 80% of all did "cool kids stuff" 10% were ridiculously good at academics, and the last %10 were people who understood the internet). At this time, Harv0kz was still in an Minecraft "clan" (FYI group, society, whatever). I was exploring new territory for clan to conquer (Read: New server to pvp on), and I popped into a town, and said that I was like from some military clan and joined a town on impulse, only to find it devoid of military presence, and so I offered my hand to keep it safe. So yadayada a few months past. I used a default Fluttershy skin in clan uniform, when town government positions opened up. Head of Militia/Military affairs was 'nicknamed' "FightyFighty". And another clan member which I had on station with me said something about "Fightyshy", and so that name came to be. The end.

So TLDR: Turned brony, was in Minecraft Clan, prepared server for hostile takeover, manage to hit town government head of military, position nicknamed FightyFighty, someguy said Fightyshy, and thus I reigned destruction.

Yea, I prefer things I own to have a flashy story, that includes unique identities.

Pretty much anywhere else you find me on the Internet, I'll be either werewolfnman or shadowwarrior57 (# changes sometimes, but I keep the name.) I came up with werewolfnman completely by accident. I was just trying to put in werewolfman, but I had apparently added a hidden n into it, so I got my new username for pretty much everything.

Every pony site I join I go by Pyro, since he is my first and favorite OC.

Here are my prominant usernames:

- RegalSteel: Created originally for this site, Regal is my 1st pony OC & I just liked the ring of it. I've since used it on 2 other pony forums, & Imgur. I prefer Regal as a shortening cuz Steel is rather common.

- firebringeraxel: My 1st username crafted during the dawn of Kingdom Hearts 2, Axel being my favorite Nobody. This is currently my Email(@Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail), my Steam, & Skype name, & many other assorted sites.

- Succulent Abyss: My global handle on City of Heroes, as well as any CoH related sites.

- Blak Rok: A well known OC from CoH that became my nick @ Split Infinity Radio, and their IRC. It is also my Twitter.

• Like 1

Well lets see, In any particular order

Sarge1104 Was my original username used in Runescape

Sarge1105 was my backup

xJig of Deathx was my xbox username, and has stuck around since then,

xJigx was the shorter version,

T3RR1X was a joke name that my friends used around me and it stuck

Kitsuyowolf was the original name of my FA account, and would later become Suyo Daniels which I dropped like a bad habit as I grew

Kitsuyo/ Sir Kitsuyo is my current steam name and it has been this way for a long time Sir Kitsuyo happened as a joke in Chivalry, as the player as the King, knighted all of his defenders

so we added Sir to our names as a joke, and I Just sort of left it.

Now onto the pony names

My original pony name was Saddle Tramp (Nothing Sexual, was meant to be after this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1en1XB04csU )

However that was later changed to Saddle Song, after a few mishaps and mistakes that led to some akward conversations

and that is the end of my names of the ones I remember anyway

Conker: My grandpa still calls me this. He thinks it annoys me. Little does he know I love it due to a particular drunken red squirrel.

Fluffy: a friend gave me this name due to 'the resemblance' between me and his cat? I don't get is one at all...

KZtheEngineer: current steam name.

ShinyKZ: I use this username for nearly EVERY website EXCEPT for forums.

Atou: a common name I use for games.

Peanut butter of awesome darkness: my current username in a little game called Graal.

Shinygear: current username on most forums.

Con artist: Another name I got from school. My name is Connor and I'm an artist. There you go.

ShinygearStudios: My name for this art app I can't use anymore because of a stupid iOS update.

Shiny: Just a short form of my OC's name that online friends call me often.

Connorbaltutisb: my current minecraft name. What was I thinking?

PrettyPotatoFace1991: A fake name I used to troll another troll online into thinking some online girl liked him. That day, I helped lots of raging people to stop raging after I allowed them to use a very important staircase that said troll was camping on.

And the list goes on and on...

Let's see...

I first started out as bigmac321 on another forum.

I changed that to just bigmac (and BigMac).

Then I used the name Mikey, which is my OC's name.

I am currently using bigmac880 as my Skype name.

As for Kasurion, it's just a weird word I made up that I thought sounded cool. I'm using it on a bunch of places I go to.