Official Discussion Thread - S04E08 Rarity Takes Manehattan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ffffft. That was probably my favorite episode with Rarity in it. It did a fantastic job showcasing her element, as well as her personality. It was a great way to divvy up some character development.

What really sung for me was how taken aback everypony who encountered Rarity was. The writing and acting choices made it clear that Rarity's generosity was unusual for the city of Manehatten, which also made it logical when she was rewarded throughout the episode. They did a good job reinforcing that when she -wasn't- rewarded for her poor behavior (her friends not showing up to the show, even though they'd slept in, it felt like punishment). The morals didn't feel overt or too forward. Overall, it felt pretty natural, which was nice.

I definitely liked this more than I'd liked the Bats! episode...

Also, was I the only one who found Carrot!Hotdog an entertaining thought? It never crossed my mind what the equivalent of popular food would be in Equestria.

So... I need to write up a full review in my blog... Just because of how good the episode was.

Seriously a fantastic episode!

Good job S4! I have no complaints with this one (OK I do, but they are all nitpicks) I'll link to my blog review when I'm done.

This season is all about all the ponies wanting to get together with Rainbow Dash. We had her and Applejack pair up in the scary castle, Rainbow and Daring Doo, Rainbow mentoring Scootaloo and now Rarity realizing she was going to lose Rainbow Dash. Its the Rainbow Dash love season.

I liked this one! It wasn't my favorite of the season so far, but I still enjoyed it. Loved seeing more of Manehattan!

What I liked!

Coco! What a cutie!

Some of the characters from “Mad Men” as ponies!

The bit where they make fun of musicals before breaking out into one! “I know. Ponies just bursting into song in random places at the drop of a hat? Who does that?! “ :!:

Wonder what's the deal with the enchanted spool of rainbow-colored thread.

We get to see what hot dogs look like in this world. Makes sense.

Rarity and her drama. " Oh, why look! There's our friend Rarity going down in flames! ISN'T FRIENDSHIP MAGIC?!" :scream:

"Congratu-pony-lations!"

What I didn't like:

Suri! Boo Hiss! Bad Pone!

Geez, a freaking Princess can't get a taxi in this city? They'd never behave that way in..oh yeah. That's about right.

Fancy Pants ignoring Rarity? I thought the two were shipped? He was hanging around in Ponyville last season..And now....

Suri! Hiss! Booo!

Archived