Official Discussion Thread - S04E12 Pinkie Pride

Wow, it's gonna be really hard for the next episode(s) to beat this one...Too much going on here...The animation, the music..Weird Al...This is one of those episodes you need to watch more than once to catch everything...Favorite episode of the season so far.. Woot.

..Yes she is, the elements of harmony are gone, that doesn't mean she stopped being the element of loyalty... She was always the element of loyalty, that's why she GOT it in the first place.

Relevant:

[2/3/2014 11:59:32 PM] ashton_durkhun: yeah' date=' interesting part is in-game I play it as "Hey! I'm the element... I mean... I was the element of loyalty... but... I'm not anymore..."

[12:00:52 AM'] ashton_durkhun: Dash has self-esteem issues, so this was actually a blow to her losing her title and element

[12:02:28 AM] ashton_durkhun: Hopefully at some point some pony will be there and remind dash that that gem only pointed out the obvious, that she's STILL the most loyal pony around and the best friend a pony can have. :)

Yeah I was kinda-sorta trolling ;) I was curious what the reactions to that would be though.

Wow, that screenshot, gotta agree. Cloudchaser & Flitter are just darn cute. :)

So yeah, I enjoy that episode too, it's quite fun. Till Pinkie finds her attention gets stolen by some stranger. Cheese's portfolio is already provided with quite an example and when he walks alone, his props appear out of nowhere. :o Wow, the tank he got, it's a bigger party cannon indeed, I'm not sure if anybody in the Gmod community would to make one when the Party Cannon was done long time ago.

Anyway, it's sad when Pinkie feels like that, I notice her hair could be almost deflate and she wasn't heading to the point of deep depression, Pinkamena is somepony people may look forward to see, but in that episode, it might not be good news. Depression we know not just creates sadness, but also generates anger after that.

Lastly, I approve the shipping for those 2, it's amazing when Cheese learned and began his career from the younger Pinkie of course. Interesting. Deviantart is now bringing on the Cheese fanarts. :)

I see, silly me, I thought you were being serious and having a discussion with me instead of trolling me .

Eh, I was curious about the site's reaction, but none the less I was trolling the whole forum, you just happened to be the first one to respond, no worries :)

Anyway, it's sad when Pinkie feels like that, I notice her hair could be almost deflate and she wasn't heading to the point of deep depression, Pinkamena is somepony people may look forward to see, but in that episode, it might not be good news. Depression we know not just creates sadness, but also generates anger after that.

some of us expect to see straight-mane pinkamina, but to say we 'look forward to it' might be pushing it, since the appearance of that side of pinkie in an episode is a very bad sign for both the plot and the character herself.

the appearance of that side of pinkie in an episode is a very bad sign for both the plot and the character herself.

Despite the fact that this side of pinkie happened ALL of just once, in season 1, which was a season handled decidedly different to current standards.

The only straight maned pinkie SINCE then has always been pinkie doing her main and such...there's no proof they've kept 'SadPinkamena' as a thing at all.

3 and a bit seasons later, I'm inclined to say get over that as an ex 'canon' thing already to the fandom,

Well, Ashton, there is a term which people want to see previous characters returning, even Flash Sentry from Three's a Crowd, although it's only a cameo.

But anyway, you're right, if that happens, she might have take the rivalry TOO seriously which results in instant depression and a strong verge to take Cheese Sandwich down, which probably won't end well anyways. So gladly, she didn't appear when her mane is 50% deflated, we know she's quite upset, but just not in depression, life have ups and downs too.

Despite the fact that this side of pinkie happened ALL of just once, in season 1, which was a season handled decidedly different to current standards.

The only straight maned pinkie SINCE then has always been pinkie doing her main and such...there's no proof they've kept 'SadPinkamena' as a thing at all.

3 and a bit seasons later, I'm inclined to say get over that as an ex 'canon' thing already to the fandom,

You must have missed the S3 finale... the whole time Pinkie had AJ's mark, she had her striaght 'pinkamina' mane (easily seen in 'what my cutimark is telling me') and it only re-inflates once she gets her own mark back.

You must have missed the S3 finale... the whole time Pinkie had AJ's mark, she had her striaght 'pinkamina' mane (easily seen in 'what my cutimark is telling me') and it only re-inflates once she gets her own mark back.

I didn't expect her to go into Pinkamina mode at all in this episode. Although she did feel sorry for herself for a small time, she managed to pull herself out of her funk by becoming determined to "win her title back". It took her friends to pull her out of her depression in Party of One and the season three final.

I didn't expect her to go into Pinkamina mode at all in this episode. Although she did feel sorry for herself for a small time, she managed to pull herself out of her funk by becoming determined to "win her title back". It took her friends to pull her out of her depression in Party of One and the season three final.

When her mane starts to deflate I expected it to go completely straight, especially during the first part of 'pinkie's lament' when she's denying her true self, but honestly mixed feelings on it not happening, since I do think that pinkamina is the absolute bottom the the barrel for pinkie, and even here she didnt reach THAT low.

Lastly, I approve the shipping for those 2, it's amazing when Cheese learned and began his career from the younger Pinkie of course. Interesting. Deviantart is now bringing on the Cheese fanarts. :)

I don't normally ship ponies. But when I do, I prefer CheesePie. Stay cheesy my friends. :shifty:

Let's not forget of Flash & Twilight, it might happen even further when the show goes to the Empire for the Games. ;)

I hope not. :razz: That was the weirdest part of Equestria Girls. She doesn't seem like the type to fawn over a boy just after bumping into them. And to me at least, it would be really out of character for Twilight to have a special somepony.

Back on topic. Did anyone else notice Rarity alicorn in the background?

542840__safe_twilight+sparkle_pinkie+pie_rarity_applejack_princess+twilight_race+swap_pinkie+pride_spoiler-colon-s04e12_make+a+wish.png

I hope not. :razz: That was the weirdest part of Equestria Girls. She doesn't seem like the type to fawn over a boy just after bumping into them. And to me at least, it would be really out of character for Twilight to have a special somepony.

Why? There can be someone for everyone. Twilight isn't sworn to celibacy. Why you make her...

tumblr_lkhmzg4oKC1qhejp9o1_500.png

Well Captain, the movie shows that Flash wasn't well developed when the crew have just put him the way it is, so yeah, I don't like the idea, it even angers Courageous fans too. Try as we might, fans still love the ship and even we will expect they'll meet again at the Empire. It won't be that simple to have Twilight ignoring him when he might be some place else. Sooner or later, they will one day want to experience relationships.

Speaking of alicorn Rarity, it's an accident but it's funny to see it as a gag. :lol:

Why? There can be someone for everyone. Twilight isn't sworn to celibacy. Why you make her...

tumblr_lkhmzg4oKC1qhejp9o1_500.png

But...but what about magical friendship? IT'S ALL SHE NEEDS! :wail: She will become a pony nun and she will bucking like it!

DOWNVOTE!!!

ಠ_ಠ

Omglob that face almost matches your profile picture. :lol:

Okay, I worded it wrong. It's not out of character for Twilight to have/want a special somepony, but It might throw off the balance of the show a bit. Not enough to hinder it's fantstic awesomeness, but it might be a tad strage/annoying. Not many shows write relationships well. Of course these are the writers of MLP we're talking about. They could probably make it work. I wouldn't have disliked it so much if they developed Flash's character better and he didn't come from Equestria Girls. :twisted:

Well Captain, the movie shows that Flash wasn't well developed when the crew have just put him the way it is, so yeah, I don't like the idea, it even angers Courageous fans too. Try as we might, fans still love the ship and even we will expect they'll meet again at the Empire. It won't be that simple to have Twilight ignoring him when he might be some place else. Sooner or later, they will one day want to experience relationships.

Speaking of alicorn Rarity, it's an accident but it's funny to see it as a gag. :lol:

If Flash developed more of a character I probably wouldn't mind. As of now he's one dimensional. And even if they did get together, I wouldn't quit on MLP or anything. I wasn't even fazed by Twilicorn.

As for Raricorn, I'm thinking they recolored Twilight to copy her dance and forgot to remove the wings.

Also, who else think's all the key givers miiight make a reappearance for the finale?

Also, who else think's all the key givers miiight make a reappearance for the finale?

Some might, like the 'bolts, or coco, but I doubt Cheese will (unless the already recorded the audio while they had Wierd Al - booking him again will doubtlessly be expensive) it will be interesting to see how the finale plays out, but I'm glad we still have plenty more season before then!

Yeah, that's why I wish Flash, even as a secondary character, must be equally developed so they have a proper personality. If we want some pony who has an almost perfect life, there must be some flaws as well. Without flaws, oh oh, Mary Sue alarm goes off.

I know, I read in Equestria Daily that Rarity was only swapped from Twilight and then give a recolor. The crew must have accidentally forgot to remove the wing. Remember the last time in Games Ponies Play when our Mane 6 characters are getting Twilight's CMs. :o

Okay, I worded it wrong. It's not out of character for Twilight to have/want a special somepony, but It might throw off the balance of the show a bit. Not enough to hinder it's fantstic awesomeness, but it might be a tad strage/annoying. Not many shows write relationships well. Of course these are the writers of MLP we're talking about. They could probably make it work. I wouldn't have disliked it so much if they developed Flash's character better and he didn't come from Equestria Girls. :twisted:

I doubt if they will ever give Twilight a romantic interest plot or storyline in the series to be honest. Let's say though for some reason they did; it could work, as long as the other by being this interest, compliments in some ways and help develops her character, and that they have a fleshed out, interesting personality and story themselves.

Like I said, I don't expect it to happen.

I wish relationships don't have to take super serious until it's more like Valentine's Day, Fairly Oddparents do well when it comes to Timmy's love interest, even when they are engaged, usually the director focuses on the story as a whole, not the 2 characters together falling in love and dating till we watch it and it gets boring easily, if you are a kid that is.

Archived