Survivng the drought, How are you getting your pony fix?

DaBatGuy

As we wait for the next few months for the next season what are you doing to satisfy your interest in the series? I know most bronies exercise their creative muscles through fan art, fiction, PMVs etc. but also share any unique things you're doing until season 2.

Personally I've decided to use this time to take a look at the earlier series in hope of gaining a better understanding of the MLP franchise in general and an even stronger appreciation for the FiM series. So far I've only watched the two G1 pilots "Rescue from Midnight Castle" and "Escape from Catrina".

Despite the poor characterization, bad VA's and cringe worth songs "RFMN" is actually not half bad and is far darker than I expected for a MLP cartoon. It's was also cool seeing elements that would reappear in FiM (Villian seeking everlasting night defeated by a magic rainbow, teleporting unicorn named Twilight etc.) "EFK" isn't quite as thrilling though but still worth a watch.

I'm not really watching anything but whatever PMVs and other brony videos come my way. Other than that, I just write fanfiction and hang out here. That seems to be enough ponies in my life for now.

I make videos. Right now, I'm making a video about nearly every single animation/continuity mistake in season 1, which is quite time-consuming. :|

Once I'm done with it, I'll continue my alternate endings videos and maybe start an expy of my Bloopers series (probably a Trivia series).

I'm trying to jump in with fan-art as well, but I haven't had the chance to do so yet (I've done a bit of fan art, just not on the level that I want).

I've been writing fanfiction, doing my best to get used to my tablet and Photoshop, keeping track of the G4 pony toys, and just hanging around Canterlot while role playing/chatting with some of the most awesome bronies out there!

As we wait for the next few months for the next season what are you doing to satisfy your interest in the series? I know most bronies exercise their creative muscles through fan art, fiction, PMVs etc. but also share any unique things you're doing until season 2.

I spend almost all of my free time here XD

I am also making a crazy big flash video. It's coming along nicely, if slowly. I hope to have it done by the time season 2 arrives.

Despite the poor characterization, bad VA's and cringe worth songs "RFMN" is actually not half bad and is far darker than I expected for a MLP cartoon. It's was also cool seeing elements that would reappear in FiM (Villian seeking everlasting night defeated by a magic rainbow, teleporting unicorn named Twilight etc.) "EFK" isn't quite as thrilling though but still worth a watch.

The older stuff doesn't really become awful until after the original G1 movies, which I agree, are not that bad given the intended audience and the time period they were made in.

As for the dry spell, when it comes to ponies I spend much of my time devoted to that on this site. Outside of that I draw fan works and occasionally watch episodes (partly for art style, partly for RP, and party for the love of it). Fortunately it being summer I can spend a great amount of my energy being busy outdoors and not worry about the fact that the next season doesn't start for another 3 months or so.

The fanbase keeps me going. That's right. You guys. Canterlot, and Equestia Daily and Knowyourmeme and... /co/. You make me want to make more PMVs and collect more images. And heck, there's a D&D campaign running, where I was authorized to use Drow. I am strongly considering using the excuse of wild berries to color her normally white hair a rainbow tint.

I got to find MLP like a couple months ago, so whole season 1 was out already.

I watched the whole series in 4 nights (work during day! XD) and I LOVED IT.

Right now, what I do while waiting is:

1. draw ponies

2. follow equestria daily

3. get on canterlot.com

4. talk about ponies with friends

5. scavenge for any merch they'd have brought to Italy already - since the show won't be out till fall

6. re-watch episodes from time to time

7. read wikies

8. look at PMVs on youtube

9. listen to music remixes and stuff like that about ponies

10. read fanfics! (mostly the sad ones, and a bit of shipping :geek: )

This is what I do:

1. Read fanfiction on ponyfanfictionarchive (shipping, sad ones, and some rather "mature" ones. Same goes for art)

2. Draw ponies

3. Visit canterlot.com, equestria daily, /co/, flankbook, ponychan.net

4. Talk about ponies on Skype and IM

5. Print out pony posters, look at pony art, buy pony merch

6. Re-watch episodes and look at other pony videos

7. Look at the FiM wiki and the FiM entry on tvtropes.org

8. RP FiM on BYOND and other sites

9. Listen to podcasts such as Bronyville, and listen to pony remixes

That is all.

There's equestria daily, this site and tumblr. Combined they are a triad of pony content distribution sites of epic power levels.

A little off-topic, but appledash's avatar is creeping me out. It looks like her eyes are producing pickles that she is then proceeding to eat. Just so her eyes can give birth to more pickles that she can eat.

There's equestria daily, this site and tumblr. Combined they are a triad of pony content distribution sites of epic power levels.

A little off-topic, but appledash's avatar is creeping me out. It looks like her eyes are producing pickles that she is then proceeding to eat. Just so her eyes can give birth to more pickles that she can eat.

They're cucumbers. :smug:

For me it's mostly this website and reading fanfics on Equestria Daily. I can't do much more right now, but when I'll be back home I'll add writing fanfiction to the list. And making pony-decorated cakes. I wanna try that so much.