Heartland Championship Wrestling (OOC Signup, Discussion)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. been a bit, no additional booking team applications. At the moment, Dunder and I will be booking it. Based on what we've heard so far, this is the idea"

HCW presents...Barnstormers!
The promotion is alive and kicking and has announced a tournament to crown the first ever HWC Champion! Also: the Tag Team Title will be decided in a three-way, and the Ironmare in a Battle Royale!

Quarterfinal 1: Flying Brick vs Snake Grass'd 
- Flying Brick crushes her first round opponent, who only manages a little bit of offense- even though one errant hoof does send blood running down Flying;s face!

Quarterfinal 2: Rich vs Sparky
- Bleedin' Rich will face off against newcomer Sparky Tuggs, an unusual development since Bleedin' was supposed to face El Bucanero. Bleedin' beats up and humiliates young Sparky, forcing the young stallion to tap.

Quarterfinal 3: Gala vs Harsh Tone
- Gala Justice makes her triumphant return in a hard fought match against the brutal Harsh Tone. Using her patented finisher The Vanhoover Destroyer, she puts him down and moves on to face Bleedin' Rich in the semi-finals!

Triple Tag Team Match for the HWC title: The Wild Stallions vs The Talons (Tehengu and Zelda) vs The Strongmares of Maretonia 

Quarterfinal 4: Thunder "The Bolt" Charger vs Gilda
- Thunder Charger makes a big splash but falls to the newcomer Gilda in a ferocious battle- but how could a new name on the scene ever beat such a respected vet?

Ironmare #1 Contender three-way: Nightshade Nightmare vs El Bucareno vs The Shadowbolt
- A fierce battle erupts between the mysterious and scary Nightshade, the brash and arrogant Shadowbolt, and the honorable El Bucareno. Bucareno looks like he is about to win, but Nightshade is able to use her finisher to lay him out. The Shadowbolt is able to sneak in and win the match.

Semi-final 1: Gala vs Rich
- Gala makes her way to the ring when her long time friend, Thunder Charger, comes out with her. He shocks everypony when he attacks her with his patented death drop onto the railing, rolling her into a stunned ref who has to start the match! Gala tries her best to fight back but she is too hurt to beat Rich, who locks in his feared submission. Gala doesn't tap out, but passes out in the hold. Rich is declared the victor and moves on to the finals!

Semi-final 2: Brick vs Gilda
- Brick and Gild put on an aerial expedition to the mostly Earth pony audience that is equalled by their intensity. Both give it their all, making this the longest match of the night, before Brick puts Gilda away with a pinfall victory to advance to the final.

Royal Rumble, Ironmare Championship: All others. Big Mac is the winner.
- In the match that everypony else is involved in, Big Mac is able to defeat everypony else. he is tag teamed at the end by two wrestlers who formed a mid-match alliance, but uses one of his signature moves to eliminate both at once.

Final: Rich vs Brick
- Bleedin' Rich takes advantage of the exhausted Flying Brick, but Brick doesn't go down easy. A fierce back and forth follows but Bleedin' nearly knocks Brick out with multiple Clotheslines from Tartarus, Rich gets the pin and is crowned first HWC Heavyweight Champion!

As you can see, we have set up one major angle going forward. We need to be able to set up more before we start, but in order to do that, we need your help to understand the characters you will be portraying and what they can do. For the Tag-Team Championship I am leaning towards the Talons, but I'd like to see at least one other character led team before we begin there. Ironmare #1 contender: I only want to put experienced characters in this one. 

Yeah, you can formally sign Rarity up. I still haven't entirely worked out what her name is going to be or her exact gimmick (other than she is going to be a heel and wear a mask, no one knowing her true identity in character), but I am pretty sure I do want to be involved in this thing moving forward.

Where does Flux fit in on there? Is she only going to show up in that battle royal match? That's alright if that is the case, I was just wondering.

As for my characters, Flux doesn't really have any wrestling experience, but she is rather agile and relies mostly on that. Tehengu would have had wrestling experience through his time in the military, I would assume, or at least experience with hand-to-hand and such. If you need more, just ask, but it would be better to be a little more specific about what you would want to know if you need more.

Alright, I'm fine with where you placed her.

Well, like I said, Flux would be more focused on dodging and playing around than actual attacks. Tehengu would be more brute forcing things, though because of his history he'll use every advantage he can get.

I'm not sure what else I could add, really. I read through that stuff, but still. Neither would have any experience with the organization itself. The only thing I can see missing would be wrestling names, though I'm finding that rather difficult. I keep gravitating to cyclops-themed names for Tehengu, since he only has one working eye.

Okay, here goes...

Flying Brick

Character experience: Less than a year

Character Wrestling Background:  An itinerant street performer perpetually short of bits, when the HWA rolled its tour into the town where she was temporarily staying, Flying Brick took up the role of a "jobber" for a few quick bits.  Her practiced athleticism and performing skill, combined with an uniquely high-flying style for an earth pony impressed the bookers, who made her an offer backstage of a more permanent billet.  Having no other prospects or commitments she accepted, glad of finally finding a steady source of income, and excited by the prospects of stardom offered to the dedicated!

Character Basics:  Flying Brick's stage persona is a rough-and-tumble street mare from the industrial center of Stalliongrad.  Passionately patriotic, she will boast of her city's superiority even more than her own; this has tended to make her a 'heel' whenever one of the other wrestlers is in their hometown.  Still, she's not one to hold a grudge, even against cheaters.  As she puts it, "Make it fair; bring a chair; now you're facing... A STALLIONGRAD MARE!"  Her outsize personality has started to garner her fans in the stands, even if they hail from other, less powerful, cities...

Recent Storylines:  Having only recently joined the HWA stable, Brick hasn't been set up on any major angles yet, mostly staying in the minor opening rosters, where she puts on good matches to open the night.  However, all that is about to change...

I'll admit I don't know enough about professional wrestling to say more than that.  From what I could tell, one of the major angles here is Flying Brick's ascent from the minor to the major rotation.  Or if that wasn't the intent, it's what I was going for here.

Well, here goes. Hope I'm on the right tract with this. I haven't really watched professional wrestling since I was a kid. :blush:

Character experience: A few months

Character Wrestling History, Rarity: Rarity spent most of her life knowing next to nothing about wrestling. It was only after she befriended Applejack and Rainbow Dash and Applejack made her return of the ring that she became aware of the HCW. She was content to watch at first, going to matches just to cheer on her dear friends, but as she continued to do she became more and more enamored with the sport, drawn by the showmanship, the creative costumes, the drama and the passion. She expressed her deepening interest to her friends, only to feel like she was being brushed aside and not taken seriously. Feeling she had something to prove, Rarity designed her own costume and started to train herself rigorously in secret. Within months, the masked wrestler Nightshade Nightmare had made her debut in the ring. No one, not even Rarity's closest friends, know it is her behind the mask, and she intends to keep it that way, at least until she's beaten both Applejack and Rainbow.

Character Basics, Nightshade Nightmare: Nightshade Nightmare is a complete enigma. No one knows where she came from. Some question if she is even a pony at all or if she is in fact something far more sinister. She appeared out of nowhere once day saying little beyond that which is her intent--to put Equestria's champions firmly in their place. Her motivations for doing so are unclear, but her darkly whispered taunts allude to something frightening being achievable once dominance in the ring is hers. She speaks in a sinister whisper and tries constantly to get into her opponent's head.

Nightshade's costume is a skin-tight black body suit with a number of luminescent purple accents placed to both accentuate her figure and give her an otherworldly appearance. The suit goes up to her face, covering her mouth. A black cowl is worn over the top of her head, from the back of which emerges a billowing violent mane. Between the cowl and her mouth being covered, the only thing visible are her eyes, which (due to simple magical manipulation) appear to glow white.

Most Recent Storylines: Nightshade's storyline is quite new, having only recently made her début. In her earliest matches, no one was sure how seriously to take her and her horror gimmick, but after some major upsets against respected faces, crowds are beginning to take her seriously as a heel destined to make waves. She's developed a small but loyal fan following, fascinated in equal parts by her otherworldly presence, deep rooted mystery and attractive figure. The fact that she, a relative newcomer, has called out by name established faces such as Gala Justice only has fans more excited to see what happens next.

Assets: Rarity's strongest asset in the ring are her mind and her acting talent. She makes a point to do her research when it comes to the wrestlers she faces so that she knows what to say to get under their skin. She accurately deduces where to strike with words, attacking her opponent's spirit before their body. Her ability to do this, along with her impressive intuition when it comes to reading attacks can give some foes the impression that she can read their thoughts. All of this coupled with her horror gimmick make her adept at striking fear into more susceptible opponents.

She is agile and bold and can attack with surprising ferocity when need be. She operates surprisingly well when cornered and can often times turn her situation around with either her wits or a few slippery movements.

Disadvantages: Rarity is at a major disadvantage compared to some wrestlers in terms of raw strength. In cases where mind games are less effective, victory can escape her rather quickly if up against an opponent more geared toward power.

Rarity is also hesitant to ever unmask her character publicly, as she isn't sure how her clients at the boutique and friends within the Canterlot social circles would react to her taking part in such a thing. This could put a hamper on future storylines with her character, lest she decides to change her mind.

Signature moves:Having dexterous forehooves from years  of working with fine fabrics, Rarity's fighting style mostly revolves around repeated punches and submission holds. One of her favored moves involves working her way behind her opponent, taking hold of them with one forehoof and then just pummeling on them with the other. Her moves emphasize quickness and repetition over single forceful blows.

Finisher: Not sure about this yet...

Character experience: Zelda wrestled a few times while in high school. She lost interest, mostly due to her busy school schedule combined with her job working as a blacksmith on the side.

Character Wrestling History, Zelda: During her early high school years, she decided to take a fun little side 'hobby' at the local youth center. While some of the more interesting programs were taken, she considered most of the open ones a tad less appealing (Basket weaving? Clogdancing? Trainspotting!) she ended up in the wrestling program because that looked like fun.

Character Basics, Gorgeous Grizelda The Gorgeous Griffon Of Wrestling: After dating an actor for a short while, the young griffon caught the acting bug, but had no desire to take classes or really take it seriously, so when the wrestling thing came up, she decided she could act like an actress and play an silly overacting, super-vain, egotistical and prissy little griffon. She based it off one of her aunts and a few other ponies and griffons she had encountered over the years. The perfect heal was someone ponies wanted to see get clobbered. The bigger the heel the 'face' fought', the more heroic he or she appeared to be. 'Gorgeous Grizelda' will generally be lead to the ring with her personal 'valets', two male ponies, griffons or whatever dressed up in 'Fauntleroy' type costumes. The black griffon is dressed in an elegant robe, curly blonde wing. They remove her robe, revealing an elegant, but still suitable wrestling singlet. 'Gorgeous Grizelda' enjoys taunting both her 'foe' and the audience as well.

Costume: While her glamorous robes are generally different, her costume Is generally the same. White tights and white high boots.

Most Recent Storylines: None yet. She's still getting into this. Had a few 'fights'. Is getting better at egging the crowd. She know she's there to be booed and make the face look good. She will cheat and be as cowardly as possible. When things don't go her way, she gets dirty!

Assets: Zelda is a very strong griffon. She had spent a majority of her years working as a blacksmith, combined with her own natural catlike agility, and her experience as an wrestler has made her an worthy opponent against new wrestlers. However, she's not there to win.

Disadvantages: Even with her experience, strength and agility, she's still fares rather poorly to the more experienced wrestlers. She also has a habit of getting a little too into character. And can be very silly.

Good stuff. I have 2/3 of the Ironmare Triple Threat decided. I'd like the last one to be a pony who has a lot of experience, or at least a lot of experience in comparison.

Then everypony will head to the Battle Royale, which will become a Royal Rumble if we get enough. The winner of the match becomes Ironmare Champion. I'd prefer the winner to be experienced as well.

Stable ideas

First off, what is a stable? A stable is an alliance or association among a group of wrestlers. The NWO, Four Horsemen, DX, Ministry of Darkness, etc. are all sables. They can be powerful writing tools.

Some ideas:

Nightshade Nightmare can lead a sort of dark, evil faction that is out for more than gold. A heel can join if there is a good storyline reason for Nightshade to allow you in, and she loves to corrupt any weakminded faces out there.

The Talons, an alliance of the Griffons in this shindig. 

Bleedin' Rich will have a few ponies on his payroll, all to ensure he keeps the title firmly around his waist! Thunder "The Bolt" Charger will be the first on his side, with referees and officials on his payroll as well. He pays handsomely...but he expects results

Ok after careful consideration, I have decided to give this a shot. I'm not much of a wrestling fan, and I'm not sure the dirty details on how this will play out, but I am confident I'll figure it out. And my character? I'd like to resurrect an OC of mine I have not used in well over two years.

Coconut Lime

banner_coconut_zpsd43ad9c3.png

I would like him to be a heel, as he is somewhat of a greedy entrepreneur, with full mean jamaican accent too. He lives and works on Gallopocous Island.

Rainbow Dash a.k.a. Shadow Bolt

Character Experience: She has practiced her skills in wrestling from time to time and gotten way more serious about it for the past six months.

Character Wrestling History: There's more to do at Young Fliers camp than just fly around all day! When she was not showing her most tricked out moves in the air off, Rainbow could often be found enjoying the other sports the camp offered. She took a liking to wrestling quickly as it was a sure fire way of getting some of the aggression out while at the same time strengthening herself for more flying! She has spent time off and on over the years since her fillyhood dabbling in the sport and took it up seriously again about six months back. There's a gym in Cloudsdale that specializes in wrestling which she attends a couple times each week. She also spends a ton of time getting her body into top form for competition since there's big event coming up!

Character Basics: Rainbow has always loved taunting her opponents and what better way of getting to do this than in the wrestling ring? She's no fan of graciousness or fair fighting when it comes to this sport! She will do what it takes to win, even if she has to hit below the belt. She loves making a name for herself at a 'heel', often taunting the audience and riling them up too. Rainbow finds that if she can get under her oppositions skin, she really has a chance to take them down! When she fights she comes to the ring with an entourage of pegasi, all wearing similar outfits to her own. They act as body guards as she's usually not a favorite amongst audience members.

Costume: The garb of the Shadowbolts, accented for wrestling in style. The purple parts of the uniform are covered with black sequins and there are slits down the sides of the body of the skin tight uniform to help keep her cool. She died the fur that is visible on her body black, including her wings. Before fights she wears a long cape with the emblem of the Shadowbolts emblazoned across the back.

Most Recent Storylines: She gets paid to make the face look as good as possible. Since she doesn't mind riling others up, this job works great for her!

Assets: She's a strong mare and quite agile. She isn't very large so she is able to stay super mobile. She's also really great at giving other a piece of her mind or a head lock, whichever comes first.

Disadvantages: Even though she gets paid to loose, Rainbow has been known to put on moves that actually make the face look terrible. She does try to keep this under control but she has made her employers cringe from time to time. She's also not quite as large as other competitors.

wrestle_zpslvyi9kd8.jpg

Okay. All accepted. Though at this point in the future we will need some heels to turn face- there is an imbalance. FINAL MATCH LISTING, INCLUDING HOW LONG POST WISE THEY SHOULD BE:

Quarterfinal 1: Rich vs Sparky. 1 POST. (1 post before the match starts to set up the show)
- Bleedin' Rich will face off against newcomer Sparky Tuggs, an unusual development since Bleedin' was supposed to face El Bucanero. Bleedin' beats up and humiliates young Sparky, forcing the young stallion to tap.

1 POST- SEGMENT DISCUSSING GALA'S RETURN AND THE IRONMARE #1 CONTENDER TRIPLE THREAT.

Quarterfinal 2: Gala vs Harsh Tone. 2 POSTS
- Gala Justice makes her triumphant return in a hard fought match against the brutal Harsh Tone. Using her patented finisher The Vanhoover Destroyer, she puts him down and moves on to face Bleedin' Rich in the semi-finals!

1 POST SEGMENT- DISCUSSING THE TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE HWC TAG TEAM TITLE.

Triple Tag Team Match for the HWC title: The Wild Stallions vs The Talons (Tehengu and Zelda) vs The Strongmares of Maretonia. 3 POSTS
- After a furious triple threat, the Talons emerge victorious. 

Quarterfinal 3: Thunder "The Bolt" Charger vs Gilda 2 POSTS
- Thunder Charger makes a big splash but falls to the newcomer Gilda in a ferocious battle- but how could a new name on the scene ever beat such a respected vet?

Quarterfinal 4: Flying Brick vs Snake Grass'd 1 POST
- Flying Brick crushes her first round opponent, who only manages a little bit of offense- even though one errant hoof does send blood running down Flying;s face!

Ironmare #1 Contender three-way: Nightshade Nightmare vs El Bucareno vs The Shadowbolt 4 POSTS
- A fierce battle erupts between the mysterious and scary Nightshade, the brash and arrogant Shadowbolt, and the honorable El Bucareno. Bucareno looks like he is about to win, but Nightshade is able to use her finisher to lay him out. The Shadowbolt is able to sneak in and win the match. Post match, Shadowbolt discovers an unusual mark on his costume...

1 POST SEGMENT- INTERVIEW WITH GALA AND THUNDER CHARGER.

Semi-final 1: Gala vs Rich 2 POSTS
- Gala makes her way to the ring when her long time friend, Thunder Charger, comes out with her. He shocks everypony when he attacks her with his patented death drop onto the railing, rolling her into a stunned ref who has to start the match! Gala tries her best to fight back but she is too hurt to beat Rich, who locks in his feared submission. Gala doesn't tap out, but passes out in the hold. Rich is declared the victor and moves on to the finals!

1 POST SEGMENT; REACTION FROM OTHER COMPETITORS TO THE BETRAYAL.

Semi-final 2: Brick vs Gilda 3 POSTS
- Brick and Gild put on an aerial expedition to the mostly Earth pony audience that is equalled by their intensity. Both give it their all, making this the longest match of the night, before Brick puts Gilda away with a pinfall victory to advance to the final.

Royal Rumble, Ironmare Championship: All others. Big Mac is the winner. 5 POSTS
- In the match that everypony else is involved in, Big Mac is able to defeat everypony else. he is tag teamed at the end by two wrestlers who formed a mid-match alliance, but uses one of his signature moves to eliminate both at once. Bulk Biceps, Pressy, Flux, Big Mac, Loco El Loco (both members), Epic Win (both members)Sans Comique, Coconut Lime, Vanity Mirrors.

2 POST SEGMENT- INTERVIEW WITH A WOUNDED FLYING BRICK, THEN INTERVIEW WHERE RICH LAUGHS IN THE FACE OF YOUR ACCUSATIONS!

Final: Rich vs Brick 5 POSTS
- Bleedin' Rich takes advantage of the exhausted Flying Brick, but Brick doesn't go down easy. A fierce back and forth follows but Bleedin' nearly knocks Brick out with multiple Clotheslines from Tartarus, Rich gets the pin and is crowned first HWC Heavyweight Champion!

1 POST SEGMENT- END OF SHOW

So, those are 35 posts as part of the show.

There is something happening this month so we won't launch this in July. However, all things being equal, I'd like to post this starting August 1st. We should hopefully have all the major match elements done by then.

Responsibilities now:

1- If you have a match, start writing it. Time is fluid so one post could be ten seconds or ten minutes, but try to make it memorable.
2- Your match(es) are your primary responsibility atm. Once done, feel free to look outside of your threads and ask if anyone else needs help.

Oh good grief, I'm completely uncertain on how to make this actually work - wasn't quite expecting such a dramatically micromanaged scenario, lol.

I think I'm just gonna bow out of this for now...I'm not confident in the slightest I can keep up, and I don't really want to hold anything up - have fun. :P

Oh good grief, I'm completely uncertain on how to make this actually work - wasn't quite expecting such a dramatically micromanaged scenario, lol.

I think I'm just gonna bow out of this for now...I'm not confident in the slightest I can keep up, and I don't really want to hold anything up - have fun. :razz:

You'll be fine. When I'm home I'll talk with you.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm not sure how to make it work either.  5 posts for the rumble?  What does this actually look like in the end?  Are we group posting?  I'm trying to pinpoint exactly what my role in writing is going to be.  I need to write out a character summary for Coconut, but I don't want to do it until I see the space he needs to fill.

OK, Steel, time for a reality check:

This is starting to sound less and less like an actual RP.  I mean, I can understand having the match wins fixed before hand; that's cool, takes a lot of the fuss out of combat writing.  Even having things like Flying Brick's first one-post match written up beforehand, that's cool.  

But this?  Having to write so many posts ahead of time, coordinate them with the partner beforehand, and everyone else to get them all to fit together... and to have it all finished by the first of August?  Steel, you are crazy!  I, for one, am not going to be able to meet the deadline for all the things you've booked me for.

I joined because I liked the idea of RP'ing a professional wrestler, that sounded cool.  This... just sounds like busywork with an unrealistic deadline.  

Archived