Anxiety :(

Chromodoris

It's something I've been struggling a lot with all my life. I get a few small panic attacks every day, and without my meds I obsess and worry so much that I can't really function.

Does anyone else have anxiety issues? I just decided to ask because I'm not having a particularly good night tonight. :sad:

Sometimes, although for me it is more depression. Sometimes for no real reason at all I will be swept by a sudden feel of great sadness and worthlessness. No real reason or trigger, but in my control either. Anxiety though can be a by-product of this problem as I constantly worry then if I will be rejected, or fired, or hated, without any external indications or justifications for the concern. I have even taken silence as a reason for rejection. :lol::)

Not sure what else to add other than you are not alone in this.

I don't have Anxiety but I do have my big falls, for one I have a split penalty. And I'm not talking being bipolar I have a full split penalty that is like a full other guy, best way to think of it is like two heads trapped in one. It's crazy but hay I can talk to my self... and rely talk to my self.

Not, to wired ah think. But ya two heads in one! So say hello to Dusty and Dusty. We, both are nice... OK He (the Dusty that made the txt over this one!) is nicer. But well all got er bugs, it is what keeps us form going mad if ever one was just the same why keep on going?

But I like keeping it low, Not ever one thinks it's true and say I lie, and I hate that. If one thing gives me Anxiety it's that. I never lie I just can't do it, to lie is to like... kill a puppy. So win some one say's that I don't take it all that good. :) so Ya that's that I'm some crazy cowboy with two free thinking penalty's and can't work our what one of us is the true Dusty.

ah, my friend is like that. he's just started taking medication recently. sometimes he comes to school late because of his panic attacks :lol:

I thought I might have something for a long time. even though I'm a teenager, I felt like I was a lot sadder than a teenager is supposed to be. after some research, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just lonely. so I joined canterlot and that helped me out a lot :)

I actually suffer the same fate as you my friend.

My anxiety has gotten so bad that I had to be taken out of school and put into hope schooling due to my panic attacks I had daily. My depression makes it even worse and the medication I take doesn't really help me all that much I often dwell on things that causes my panic attacks which drives me into a deeper depression and so on. Not sure what else I can tell you just that I know how it feels -hugs-

Yeah. I can have some pretty horrible anxiety sometimes. Most the time I'm cool, but it's easy for me to get stressed out on occasion. And sometimes that can throw off my focus entirely. I'm not on any medication for anything though.

I've suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for a very long time, and I've actually managed to get a lot of them under control lately. I did receive treatment for them years ago, but that did very little to help me. What I've found works is a combination of talking openly (when I'm calm, of course, I can't even speak or do much other than cry and maybe throw up during an attack) about what happens to me and how I feel during an attack, the triggers of the attack, and taking some herbal supplements. The only problem with the supplements is their calming effect can be so extreme sometimes I get very tired very easily!

Also, I think when you talk to anyone in an online community you'll find that there's an inordinately high percentage of people who suffer from some sort of anxiety, be it social or otherwise. Online interaction fills a very real social need that everyone has without doing too much to set off any triggers. We know that no matter what, we can turn off the computer and walk away from something that sets us off, and settle ourselves down however we need to.

The scariest part of anxiety is feeling alone, and you're not alone here :)

as for me, i tend to have some nuclear-level rage explosions when things start failing around me

I don't have Anxiety but I do have my big falls, for one I have a split penalty. And I'm not talking being bipolar I have a full split penalty that is like a full other guy, best way to think of it is like two heads trapped in one. It's crazy but hay I can talk to my self... and rely talk to my self.

Not, to weird ah think. But ya two heads in one! So say hello to Dusty and Dusty. We, both are nice... OK He (the Dusty that made the txt over this one!) is nicer. But well all got er bugs, it is what keeps us form going mad if ever one was just the same why keep on going?

well thats...... quite a lot i guess :!:

I never had overwhelming issues with anxiety myself. I was a shy kid, yes, and I was slightly panicky about interaction or such. But I just kind of pushed through it even if at the end I was spent and slightly shaken. Realized early on that no matter what, I would have to interact with people that didn't like me, thought me odd/weird, hated me, or that I just flat out thought they were jerks. Guess it helped I had a lot of interaction with racists people too, learned to ignore them real quick. In the scheme of things, I just figured I'd bite the bullet and get it over with and found that just having a laugh made it a whole of a lot easier. For me at least, sometimes made others uncomfortable which oddly enough I found enjoyable. Hmm, guess that's how I got on the road to my pleasure in messing with people... Hmm, all mild of course and I try to keep it fun. Yes, hmm.

But yeah, I hardly ever get that anymore now, I don't mind meeting people and especially love it if they have something good to talk about.

I do however get bouts of depression every so often, but more seldom than I used to. Relatively mild too, though, from what I've been able to gather. I mean, compared to what they usually show on the TV and what not. Its just the standard self-loathing/hate, sadness, and regret kind of depression. Hate how drained it makes you feel, like you can't do or fix anything. But it doesn't happen as often as when I was young. I think that as I've gotten older I've learned how to better deal with things and not let things get to me.

All together though, its probably helped a lot that since my teen years I've learned to just flat out laugh at myself and take everything with more than just a grain of salt or two... Also, I always make myself a Napolitan ice-cream banana split when I feel a bout of depression coming on. The ambrosia of the gods as far as I'm concerned when it comes to comfort foods.

That and some ponies, and I feel like I can take on the world. Heck, I do that even when I'm not depressed. Maybe I should cut back on the ice-cream though, getting kind of pudgy around the mid-section...

Oh well :halo:

I hope your evenings have improved a lot since this topic went up :)

I've actually never had any real problems with serious anxiety until recently. Within the past few months I've found myself unable to function at a normal level within crowds because I become so anxious and nervous. I find myself becoming nervous when I'm doing nothing but playing a game. Sometimes I start getting antsy just playing Zelda and I get extremely uncomfortable and worry myself to death over where my life's going, and what I'm doing right now. I shouldn't be playing games, I should be improving my life! I just don't know how!

Then it all escalates from there. However, I kind of refuse to talk to a doctor about it. Call me a little paranoid but I refuse to take medication for mental issues. I see it as something that can be overcome. It's more of a personal test than an illness, to me.

Yes, though, I do have serious anxiety issues, as of late. :oops:

It depends on what you mean by improving your life. Quite frankly when I see most species I fail to realize how anything else than taking care of his health and his morale to improve his life is not very subjective. I'm pretty much convinced most mammals doesn't need more than minimal comfort, distraction and company to be happy with their life, including humans if they ignore the general consensus.

• 2 weeks later...

hi hi

I don't know if there really is an easy solution out there, and I hope you don't think that I am being flippant in my response, but there are a few things that at least help a little bit for me whenever I'm feeling anxious. Soothing music with a relaxing tempo, stretching, and making sure to get enough sleep usually help take the edge off for me. Probably no silver bullet, but I do know that listening to fast paced music makes things worse, even though it distracts from the feeling for a while.

Sometimes breaking habits is really hard to do, even simple things like remembering to floss your teeth... No matter how many times my dentist tells me to floss every day, I still find a way to put it off.

I live everyday under some form of anxiety. Over whether I have enough time to to this or that, or whether or not I have everything I need, or fretting needlessly that I'm not doing anything of significance.

I often wake up with enough anxiety about the new day, and all the possibilities it holds, that I will literally bounce out of bed like a spring.

Sometimes I feel like Pinkie Pie, if Pinkie Pie was more prone to fret and agonize over minor details.

I find the best cure to be taking a moment to tell myself to chill the flank out, reserve an hour each day to not doing anything.

Ai ya...don't get me started. I know exactly where everypony is coming from. It all started with me doing something stupid, and I have been struggling with anxiety ever since. There was a point in time, not too long ago, where my depression got really bad and I would constantly fight with myself over what I have to live for. I'm 22, overweight, still don't have a license, no job, no college, nuthin'. I am working on going into the military, because I feel it would give me the kick in the pants I need to get my life started. Because I really don't like having to live off my parents' money and not be able to spend any of it on myself for reasons other than the essentials. What I do instead is draw. Drawing has done so much for me over the years. It's kept me busy, I love the ideas I get, and I am a lot more focused on improving my style than I have ever been. That, and a little chocolate can't hurt, either. ^^

I also know that I never, EVER turned to drugs or alcohol to ignore the symptoms. It's not worth the added stress of forgetting pills or the liver disease.

I suffer from some anxiety issues. I don't get panic attacks, but my anxiety is bad enough to knot up my back muscles something fierce.

It helps to remind myself that more time I spend worrying, the less time I'm actually doing anything about it. And for all the things there is nothing I can do, it's absolutely senseless to worry about it anyway. :)

I find that limiting caffeine intake and getting plenty of exercise helps burn off anxiety. The exercise also has an added benefit, in that I usually don't keep myself awake at night with silly thoughts. :)