First video game you've ever played in your entire life

• 4 weeks later...

It was some X-Men game for the Genesis that I played in a friend's house around kindergarten, so...5 or 6? The first game I played on my own was a Spider-Man arcade game while on a trip to see a relative. My first console was a PlayStation, but that wasn't until later.

I assure you that I eventually started playing games not based on Marvel comics.

Super Mario Bros. when I was little at my best friend's house. I played a few PC games around then too, but I don't remember what they were. Carmen Sandiego I think was one. The first game I played on my own system was Tetris because my parents got me a Game Boy. I played almost no NES games though, it was SNES time too quickly :P

EDIT:

Oh gosh I forgot about arcades! I'm pretty sure I played THOSE first, because they were around then. I remember playing Centipede and Pac man, but they were already kind of old, in these old play rooms in hotels. I also played a LOT of pinball because my next door neighbour had a machine in their basement that was from the 60's. I got really good on it :D

• 1 month later...

Oh my, my very first game ever. I know it's something for the SNES, and it's one of three games:

1: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time

2: Donkey Kong Country

3: Battle Toads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team

It was one of those three, I can't remember. It may also be the original Doom, if you count holding the forward button while your dad was doing all the turning/shooting as playing.

Believe it or not, MY first video game was ..... advanced Pong with the 'squash' and 'hockey' options.

Compared to the video games of today, Pong is STONE AGE old!

:D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EoLPinkie

Sonic the Hedgehog on 32-bit Sega Genesis! I got it for Christmas when I was five :D Makes sense that I would start off with a game where the point is to go really really really fast and basically bounce around the screen huh?

• 3 weeks later...

1st game on PC - Pacman

1st game on Atari - Defender

1st game on NES - Super Mario World

1st game on Sega Genesis - Sonic

1st game on SNES - Final Fantasy VI (or FFIII as it was known back then in the west)

1st game on 3DO - Star Wars Rogue Squadron

1st game on Playstation 1 - Ace Combat

1st game on Playstation 2 - WWE Raw

1st game on Playstation 3 - Heavenly Sword

1st game on Xbox 360 - Halo 2

1st game on PSP - Tekken Dark Ressurection

1st game on DS - Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright

Lol that about sums my firsts...

I played on a game system that had a controller that looked like an iPod precursor. It had two buttons, and a rotating disk. I think the console and cotrollers were brown. I have no idea what it was called.

The first game on it was a war game in which you would try to outmanuver your opponent's tank and shoot it before they got you. You would rotate the disk to turn, press one button to move forward, and one button to fire.

I always had to unscrew our antenna to screw in the contacts of the console.

Anyone have any idea what that was?

I... I'm not sure. D:

I started playing Dogz on the computer when I was about six or so, but I think I might have played Pitfall and Bomberman on my uncle's gameboy before then. My uncle also had an old handheld system from the 80's (not sure what it was) I used to play around with, so... yeah. I don't know.