First video game you've ever played in your entire life

I played on a game system that had a controller that looked like an iPod precursor. It had two buttons, and a rotating disk. I think the console and cotrollers were brown. I have no idea what it was called.

The first game on it was a war game in which you would try to outmanuver your opponent's tank and shoot it before they got you. You would rotate the disk to turn, press one button to move forward, and one button to fire.

I always had to unscrew our antenna to screw in the contacts of the console.

Anyone have any idea what that was?

Sounds like some variation of Pocket Tanks.

Did anyone play Oregon Trail back when the "graphics" were blocky and only came in 5 colors? 2 of those being black and white?

I was in elementary school, and I couldn't shoot for crap. My family always starved because I sucked as a hunter. I was so happy when the new version utilized a mouse.

Sounds like some variation of Pocket Tanks.

Whoa now, those graphics are WAY too nice for the game I was playing. It was a birds-eye-view of the battle field and the tanks shot straight. There were certainly no arcs to deal with.

Going to borrow Xiee's idea for this thread, since its a pretty darn good one.

1st game on PC - Civilization (the original one). It was on a 386 PC of my father's. Other games I had on that old machine was SimCity, Master of Orion, Castles (I & II), and SimEarth

1st game on Atari 2600 - Combat, it came with the system. Also had Asteroids, Freeway, and Missile Command as part of that original package of games.

1st game on Atari 5200 - Pac Man

1st game on NES - Super Mario Brothers (also got Zelda at the same time)

1st game on Sega Genesis - Sonic the Hedgehog (came with it, also had Altered Beasts in the beginning).

1st game on SNES - The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past

1st game on Gameboy - Tetris!

Here lies the vast period where I had no game console, just PC games, 1995-2003.

1st game on Playstation 2 - GTA III

1st game on Xbox 360 - Dead Rising

1st game on DS - Super Mario World

First game i played was Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

It still is one of my favorite games.

I know from when I was 6 after we moved to Iowa that I got a Sega Genesis again for Christmas and I had Sonic 1 on the 6 Pak. I spent my entire childhood on the Genesis playing Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic Spinball. I also had Earthworm Jim, World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, Wheel of Fortune, and another 20 or so games in my collection. I have been a Sonic fan ever since that day but I now walk two roads simultaneously, loving Sonic and Mario equally.

• 3 weeks later...

Streets of Rage 2 on my 64 bit Sega Genesis...still one of my most favorite games!

You're Chuck Norris?

I had a genesis, and was just 16 BIT. Later on 1994 one can fork out 200$ for an ugly conversion unit called the "32X" turning the genesis in a 32 BIT machine.