Media other than My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

REDACTED

(Not entirely sure this is the right section for this.)

No matter how big of a Brony you are, you MUST watch something on the boob-tube other than MLP: FiM. We all do. So, what do YOU watch? Tell us, and a brief description about the show! You never know, you might find someone with the same interests as you (other than the obvious)! We all also listen to music and read, right? Discuss that, too!

Other than MLP, I watch very little TV. But when I do, I watch Breaking Bad. It's my second favorite show, and I even have seasons 1-3 on my computer. Basically, for those of you whom don't know, it's about a chemistry teacher who finds he has lung cancer, and wants to leave money behind for his family (Wife who is pregnant, son with cerebral palsy) when he dies. He learns one of his old students 'cooks' methamphetamine, and gets mixed up in the trade so he can make money for his family.

Firefly! (got all of it on DVD)

is an American space western television series created by writer and director Joss Whedon, under his Mutant Enemy Productions label. Whedon served as executive producer, along with Tim Minear.

The series is set in the year 2517, after the arrival of humans in a new star system, and follows the adventures of the renegade crew of Serenity, a "Firefly-class" spaceship. The ensemble cast portrays the nine characters who live on Serenity. Whedon pitched the show as "nine people looking into the blackness of space and seeing nine different things". The show explores the lives of some people who fought on the losing side of a civil war and others who now make a living on the outskirts of society, as part of the pioneer culture that exists on the fringes of their star system. In addition, it is a future where the only two surviving superpowers, the United States and China, fused to form the central federal government, called the Alliance, resulting in the fusion of the two cultures as well. According to Whedon's vision, "nothing will change in the future: technology will advance, but we will still have the same political, moral, and ethical problems as today."

This is the right section. :P

I also watch very little TV, if at all, even every FiM episode I watched was from one Internet source or another (I don't get the Hub). Most of my television shows right now are animated ones. Family Guy, American Dad, and South Park are my usual indulgences. Also been watching the new Young Justice and Thundercats cartoons, but I haven't really decided if I want to stick with them in the long term or not.

Used to watch Adult Swim but the quality of the programming has declined in recent years along with my time spent watching. History Channel and Syfy are the same way; used to watch both rather regularly, even as background noise, but now that the former is mostly reality TV and the later has dropped most of its Sci-Fi, I lost interest in them as well.

Football, both NCAA and NFL now holds the lion's share of any TV watching or listening I do.

Well, aside from MLP FiM, mostly I like the sports commentary shows on ESPN (Outside the Lines, Jim Rome is Burning, Around the Horn, Pardon the Interruption). I try not to miss those Monday thru Friday.

One TV show I WISH I could watch but isn't on with my cable system is the old "In The Heat Of The Night" series with Howard Rollins and the late Carroll O'Conner. It's not even available on DVD anywhere!

Other than My little Pony, I don't watch much TV at all. >o<; My brother normally hogs the TV anyhow... so usually I'll sit down and watch stuff with him if I'm bored enough. :P

Since I'm a huge cartoon/anime fanatic, and since my brother sticks mainly with Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon and such, that's all I ever watch. xD

I've recently come to like a few of Disney's newer shows, such as "Good luck Charlie" and "A.N.T Farm". Those are currently the only two I find entertaining from that channel at the moment.

Nickelodeon has gone rather downhill lately, though some of iCarly's episodes are funny. The newer Spongebob episodes do not really appeal to me... it seems to have changed it's sense of humor. :C

Cartoon Network has gone downhill a bit too... but I do like "Adventure Time".

That's about all I can think of... xD

Other than My little Pony, I don't watch much TV at all. >o<; My brother normally hogs the TV anyhow... so usually I'll sit down and watch stuff with him if I'm bored enough. :P

Since I'm a huge cartoon/anime fanatic, and since my brother sticks mainly with Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Nickelodeon and such, that's all I ever watch. xD

I've recently come to like a few of Disney's newer shows, such as "Good luck Charlie" and "A.N.T Farm". Those are currently the only two I find entertaining from that channel at the moment.

Nickelodeon has gone rather downhill lately, though some of iCarly's episodes are funny. The newer Spongebob episodes do not really appeal to me... it seems to have changed it's sense of humor. :C

Totally agree. Cartoon Network went down the drain, Nickelodeon wasn't TOO bad when I stopped watching it (~6 months ago). But Disney? I despise the monstrosity, and everything it produces. :x The stars aren't talented, they're annoying. And Disney's 'other' channel, Disney XD, is even worse. 'Pair of Kings'? 'Kick Buttowski'? 'Supah Ninjas'? Is THIS the turn children's programming has made?

And don't get me started on SyFy! I LOVED SciFi, but then they became SyFy, and it all went down from there. I prefer the Science Channel. They have some REALLY good shows, like Curiosity.

Speaking of channels, I also really like AMC. Not only because Breaking Bad is on AMC, but because they have amazing movies. Kill Bill? Goodfellas? Blazing Saddles? The Godfather? Don't get me started! :P

Speaking of AMC, Jurassic Park is on tonight. . . Haven't seen that gem in a while.

Totally agree. Cartoon Network went down the drain, Nickelodeon wasn't TOO bad when I stopped watching it (~6 months ago). But Disney? I despise the monstrosity, and everything it produces. :x The stars aren't talented, they're annoying. And Disney's 'other' channel, Disney XD, is even worse. 'Pair of Kings'? 'Kick Buttowski'? 'Supah Ninjas'? Is THIS the turn children's programming has made?

And don't get me started on SyFy! I LOVED SciFi, but then they became SyFy, and it all went down from there. I prefer the Science Channel. They have some REALLY good shows, like Curiosity.

Speaking of channels, I also really like AMC. Not only because Breaking Bad is on AMC, but because they have amazing movies. Kill Bill? Goodfellas? Blazing Saddles? The Godfather? Don't get me started! :P

Speaking of AMC, Jurassic Park is on tonight. . . Haven't seen that gem in a while.

I totally agree with you on Disney channel's stars... however, I think they are getting new actors and actresses as of recently, like China... I forget her last name. She's on that new show A.N.T Farm, and though she may appear annoying, she seems to have a better humor than Miley Cyrus did. I think Disney is a great channel, I really do, I've been a Disney fan my entire life, they just need to make their actors and actresses less... annoying. D:

Disney XD... oh lord, don't even get me started with that. I think their intention was to be more towards the "Sports loving" audience, but they failed. That's all I have to say on the matter.

My mom watches Jurassic Park 3 like every single night before she goes to bed... It's gotten really old to me... I would rather watch Hannah Montan- okay no, maybe not, that's a little too far up hill for me to say. x-x

Bones, Doctor Who, and Futurama are about the only other shows I follow lately. I don't watch anything on TV though, I stream them. I can watch things on my own time, and I don't have to sit though 20-minute long ad breaks. The "Syents Fyktyun" channel was the worst about about that, even before they cancelled all their worthwhile shows. Seriously, cable is such a rip-off, you pay them for the service only to get drowned in commercials.

Batman the Animated Series. So good! I recently found some dvds at the grocery store and bought two. They are 4 disk volumes 1 and 2. I am so happy I found them. I watched it as a kid but I was too little to appreciate as much as I do now. The style, the darkness, the voices! Ugh. Just love love love.

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. Cute, silly and weird. Lots of quirky animation.

Invader Zim what a show!

Batman the Animated Series. So good! I recently found some dvds at the grocery store and bought two. They are 4 disk volumes 1 and 2. I am so happy I found them. I watched it as a kid but I was too little to appreciate as much as I do now. The style, the darkness, the voices! Ugh. Just love love love.

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. Cute, silly and weird. Lots of quirky animation.

Invader Zim what a show!

Did. . . did you just. . . just say. . . INVADER MOTHERF****ING ZIM!?

WHERE!? I DEMAND TO KNOW!

Invader Zim what a show!

Did. . . did you just. . . just say. . . INVADER MOTHERF****ING ZIM!?

WHERE!? I DEMAND TO KNOW!

Well don't get your hopes up but, the last time I saw it on tv was on NickToons. They were having a marathon.

I 've got all the dvds to keep my Zim hunger satisfied.

The magical channel known as Cartoon Network. That's pretty much where I spend the majority of my TV time and is usually the number one importance with TV. Adventure Time, Regular Show, Scooby Doo: Mystery Incoprorated, and Looney Tunes Show are my favorites right now.

The only thing that takes a backseat to Cartoon Network is wrestling. BIG pro wrestling fan, and my typical Mondays are CN from 6 to 8 central, then wrestling from 8 to 10.

So yeah...I vary with a LOT of stuff.

I USED to watch Nickelodeon, but after All That disappeared and Avatar ended, I pretty much stopped. The only thing worth watching on it now is ICarly.

I haven't touched the Disney Channel, with the exception of the films I like, since Hannah Montana started airing.

Right now it is Doctor Who. But I don't watch it on TV, I watch it on streaming with a friend (we see each other for a day and then watch as many episodes as we can before the headache comes). I'm also watching Dexter this way, and I'd like to view Avatar once more too.

I usually don't watch TV much, I realized that most of what's on air doesn't interest me at all. When I do, it's generally for background noise, and I usually end up looking whatever reportage Arte shows at the moment. Or Extreme Makeover Home Edition, with a french traduction badly overlayed on the american voices.

I mostly just follow anime these days. My favorite series there is Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

But for American TV, there really isn't much I pay attention to. I usually put it on the Food Network or the History Channel these days.

I watched a lot more Western cartoons when I was younger (my favorites were the early 90's super hero/action cartoons like Batman and X-Men), but years ago most cartoons just stopped really appealing to me for some reason. FiM is really the first animated show made outside of Japan that I've actively followed in a long time.

Aside from MLP:FIM, I watch a variety of shows. If I had to choose though, I'd have to say...

Doctor Who (British show that is totally awesome!) :kissy:

Bones (American show about solving crimes through forensic evidence) :?:

Wipeout (American show about people falling in painful ways all for the sake of winning 50k) :)

Supernatural (American show about two brothers hunting demons and monsters) :!:

Mythbusters (American show where they try and test out myths for validity) :20:

Whites (British show about a restaurant and their crazed staff) :lol:

Futurama (You should know this one) :smirk:

Hmm, I can't think of any other ones that I would classify as my favorites. Most of everything else that I watch, I watch out of sheer boredom.

:lol:

Nice to see other Dr. Who fans here! I'm quite excited for for the new episode to premiere, this is the first time I can watch the show along with everyone else since I'm now caught up on the new series. :lol:

Fave animated show... that still comes on TV... would be Phineas and Ferb. Very good cartoon, I'm going to assume everyone has at least heard of the show. Excellent music, decent animation, smart and witty writing and not afraid to parody itself. Haven't seen the movie yet but I'm excited for it.

There's a lot of shows that don't come on any more that I enjoy watching; I've got a plethora of 90s cartoons like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, and the like. I was also a big fan of Lost, that was probably the show that I obsessed with the most until the rage-inducing finale. :)

Dusty wrote about Firefly here

jmjmjm firefly fan? :kissy: as am I. I dunno, you can't really call me a fan. I was watching it with my cousin and dad, but then my cousin borrowed the DVDs and watched them all without me so I've only seen about half of it ._. and that was about two years ago... but I remember it being awesome

mm, I sort of watch Doctor Who and some other shows, but I don't really follow anything. I mostly just watch whatever my parents watch and the occasional documentary on discovery. the only show I've ever REALLY gotten into was Lost. the only show where I've participated in the fandom is MLP.

for the most part, I just watch fan-animation on youtube :3

Well there are a couple of things I've been into lately:

Avatar: The Last Airbender re-runs on Nicktoons are always fun. For those who don't know, it's about a boy who can bend all four of the elements and is trying to restore balance to the war stricken world. It's a great show and most any episode can get a laugh from me.

There is also Top Gear, which I have only started to really get into. I'm so excited for the season opener tonight! (The British version.) Both the British and American shows are great and so funny! Plus, it's actually helping me to understand cars a little more!

Then there is Phineas and Ferb is also great. I love the humor in that as well. It's just a cute show and really is fun. All I have to say is the Ferb is the man.

As you can see, I like things that make me laugh. :geek:

Well there are a couple of things I've been into lately:

Avatar: The Last Airbender re-runs on Nicktoons are always fun. For those who don't know, it's about a boy who can bend all four of the elements and is trying to restore balance to the war stricken world. It's a great show and most any episode can get a laugh from me.

There is also Top Gear, which I have only started to really get into. I'm so excited for the season opener tonight! (The British version.) Both the British and American shows are great and so funny! Plus, it's actually helping me to understand cars a little more!

Then there is Phineas and Ferb is also great. I love the humor in that as well. It's just a cute show and really is fun. All I have to say is the Ferb is the man.

As you can see, I like things that make me laugh. :geek:

Avatar? Personally? Blechh. I never liked the show, for some reason. I found it annoying.

Phineas and Ferb? Not too bad. I've watched it a couple times, and from what I've seen, it isn't so bad.