'Discord' character speculation thread

ancara22

As we've found out a few days ago, episode 1 of Season 2 will have a villain named 'Discord' that will likely do something big.

Right now, the only details confirmed is his name, that he escaped from a 'stone prison', and that his escape possibly is why the Mane 6 are trying to quickly get back the Elements of Harmony again. But there's so many questions that one could ask about this baddie. What does he look like? Who's gonna be his VA, if any? What did he do that led to him getting sealed in the first place? What made him dangerous/evil enough to be considered a threat or whatever? What are his plans for when he gets out, and what evil stuff will he do while trying to get what he wants? and of course, for our Mane 6, wat do when they inevitably encounter him?

I got my own silly little theory about this baddie. This is speculation, but.....what if he was an Earth Stallion who tried to take the Sun/Moon for his own selfish means, and he got seal'd into his prison for trying to do so.....or even almost/completely succeeding in that for a small time? Just a thought/idea from my silly brain.

Anyways, use this topic to discuss about this episode 1 villain and your thoughts/ideas/theories/speculation/whatever about him.

(edit: confound this forum, it drives me to post in the wrong section. can someone move this to the right section please? )

Hmm....

Well, since those spoilers that were floating around yesterday are proven false, Discord is not necessarily even a pony. I really have no idea where to start with the physical aspects. He really could be anything. Still, he's probably a pony. At least I kind of hope.

As for his voice actor, it depends if they're going to stay with the Canadian stable they mostly picked from last time. If so, they have a lot of options. I think Scott McNeil (Chief Thunderhooves in season 1) does a great villain voice. Other than that, they could try someone new to the show like Paul Dobson, Michael Adamthwaite or maybe even Brad Swaile to name a few. If they look outside Canada obviously many, many more options open up.

From his name, I'm guessing he's going to dislike stability and order. Perhaps he'll seek to ruin the mane 6's friendship just to throw things into disarray and spite them. Or perhaps his motives are more than that. I'm just positive he's going to want to mess with the pony's friendship at some point.

Because that's what the spoilers say.

I'll assume he's pretty damn powerful if he had to be sealed.

But yeah, there really isn't much to go on... :geek: Pretty much all we know is his name and that he's a bad guy who had to be sealed away.

I personally think it's something related to the aura that possessed Luna to make her Nightmare Moon, wherever that came from. Probably some ancient evil that was released accidentally and needs to be put back by the power of the Elements of Harmony (i.e. the Mane 6).

:artax:

Are we related? I was just about to post that same speculation. :shock:

Even if Discord isn't in direct relation to said-aura, maybe that essence is what frees him from his 'stone prison'?

Are we related? I was just about to post that same speculation. :shock:

Even if Discord isn't in direct relation to said-aura, maybe that essence is what frees him from his 'stone prison'?

Perhaps that will be the case, it was never really clear what happened to Luna, but it most likely originated somewhere within the Everfree Forest and whatever force(s) lurk in there were probably the same ones that caused the forest to overtake the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters. :wail:

I personally think it's something related to the aura that possessed Luna to make her Nightmare Moon, wherever that came from. Probably some ancient evil that was released accidentally and needs to be put back by the power of the Elements of Harmony (i.e. the Mane 6).

:artax:

I considered that. However, the stone prison part makes me doubt this is the evil aura that possessed Luna. I mean, that aura was already freed. It's also seems to be shapeless so I don't think it could be contained in stone.

That aura could be what breaks the stone prison though, but I'm going to guess now that Discord is a separate entity.

I considered that. However, the stone prison part makes me doubt this is the evil aura that possessed Luna. I mean, that aura was already freed. It's also seems to be shapeless so I don't think it could be contained in stone.

That aura could be what breaks the stone prison though, but I'm going to guess now that Discord is a separate entity.

No, I know that. I said that it probably was related to the other aura, in that it came from the Everfree Forest and it's an ancient evil. It's probably one of the Elements of Chaos.

:mad:

Ooh, Elements of Chaos sounds like intriguing concept. That could be done really cool.

inb4 Chaos Space Mare-ines.

Ever since I saw Sanity-X's work on Deviant Art, I will never see Celestia as anything less than the Emperess of Ponykind and anything associated with Nightmare Moon as Chaos.

Ooh, Elements of Chaos sounds like intriguing concept. That could be done really cool.

inb4 Chaos Space Mare-ines.

Ever since I saw Sanity-X's work on Deviant Art, I will never see Celestia as anything less than the Emperess of Ponykind and anything associated with Nightmare Moon as Chaos.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! :kissy: sorry had to do it!

If he only shows up in the first episode or two then having him be a big threat would definately work well, actually one thing that would be really fun to see is Discord in some way being a nod to Him from The Powerpuff Girls (especially if he's trying to turn the Mane 6 against each other since Him did something similar on several occasions)

If he's a recurring character through out the season then having him be like Spat from Hamtaro (particularly the way he's depicted in the show) since it would put him half way between being a laughable villan and one that's capable of causing real damage. I can explain further for those who aren't familiar with the series

I just had a possible idea on what he might/could do once freed to truly make him seem dangerous and evil.

Basically, his name is Discord. I imagine him causing dischord (see wat I did thar? )and stuff, maybe amongst the others. Maybe using a Pony's darkest secrets and whatever against them, bringing their fears and secrets to life, to make them scared and fearful towards him and to cause havoc and mayhem? I could see how he could definitely be dangerous in a way: He'd start with whatever poor soul ended up being there when he escaped and go from there.

You could definitely see how each of the Mane 6 could get hard by his ability, and would allow us to see exactly what they each fear the most, as well as what they would never want revealed ever. Would bring mistrust among the group and chaos in Ponyville as Ponies from all over are in a panic. If he was able to affect Luna and Celestia as well.....god help us all.

Just another crazy theory from me. If ya got any other ideas on what'll happen and what he could possibly do, i'd like to hear 'em. :U

Discord's probably going to be a one-shot villain like Nightmare Moon. I really just expect him to show up and do evil things with the vaguest of reasons why. "I'm evil because Princess Celestia wouldn't let me practice dark magic!" or something.

... or.

OR.

Discord just couldn't let disco die. Everywhere he went he fought tooth and hoof to bring disco back, but to no avail. Eventually everypony in Equestria begged Celestia to get rid of him, and she complied by sealing him in stone. Every pony rejoiced and they all moved onto the 80s.

hi hi

He plays games with himself, keeping two scores the entire time? :)

Seriously though, I wouldn't doubt it if he was something other than a pony at least. I think another pony would probably be too much like nightmare moon. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a little bit more primal in nature, maybe an elemental or something? Or perhaps the figment of someone's imagination? Or maybe he's one of the old bearers of the elements of harmony?

P.S. Yay! I'm a brony again and not some dumb pest! :geek:

• 2 weeks later...