'Discord' character speculation thread

ancara22

hi hi

The more I think about it, the more I suspect that the character flaws that were highlighted throughout season one are going to be highlighted by discord in the season 2 opener. The myth said that the bitterness and jealousy in Luna's heart transformed her into a nightmare, so I suspect it is going to be the anger in Fluttershy, the fear in Rainbow dash, the mistrust in Pinkie Pie, the self-absorption in Rarity and the stubbornness of Applejack that discord tries to exploit. I'm not sure if there was a particular flaw in Twilight that stood out during the season, though skepticism, self doubt and reclusiveness might be it.

I had a dream last night, and I think I may have the answer to who and what Discord is.

He's a shapeshifter who breaks out of prison, sneaks into Ponyville and morphs into various Mane 6 Cast ponies (and possibly Princess Celestia too) to spread doubt and contention among the other Mane 6 Cast members so they will no longer represent the 'spirits' of the Elements of Harmony. Only in the end will the Mane 6 rediscover the 'magic of friendship', forgive one another, become friends once more and then 'become' the Elements of Harmony once again to stop Discord and send him back to stone prison.

I had a dream last night, and I think I may have the answer to who and what Discord is.

He's a shapeshifter who breaks out of prison, sneaks into Ponyville and morphs into various Mane 6 Cast ponies (and possibly Princess Celestia too) to spread doubt and contention among the other Mane 6 Cast members so they will no longer represent the 'spirits' of the Elements of Harmony. Only in the end will the Mane 6 rediscover the 'magic of friendship', forgive one another, become friends once more and then 'become' the Elements of Harmony once again to stop Discord and send him back to stone prison.

OH SNAP.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but it looks like I could be right about who Discord really is.

I lifted this from an online TV Listings entry for "The Return of Harmony - Part 2"

"Discord causes a rift between Twilight and her friends and she must bring them back together in order to defeat him."

Could the dream I had about this a week ago be right?

Okay, so this post contains spoilers from the recently released clip. Or... alludes to the clip? Anyway, sticking a warning here to be safe.

Given Discord's look and his attitude, I'm actually going to say he's not a 'born' character. I'm just throwing this out there, but maybe Celestia (and/or Luna) created Discord to help with duties around Equestria or something. THEN IT ALL WENT HORRIBLY WRONG. Discord didn't come out right, turned out to be bat-crap insane and manipulative (puppet master-y) so Celestia and Luna had to lock him away/turn in him into stone/something bad that would make him plot revenge.

And that's my origin theory!

What I think is funny is that we have now seen what he is, but still aren't sure wtf he is. Chimera's Wikipedia page shed's some light, but I'm having trouble fitting the conclusions together.

So, wft is he?

Wait, does he even have one? CAN he even have one?

Yes, here is a picture of him.

http://4.bp.blogspot...cid-d3whnad.png

I think because under the picture said 'lets assume' so it might be, or not. But it still looks badass

Wait, this aint him. ignore it. But this still looks better than that dragon thing. Thats a shame...

Edited by Penumbra

Yes, here is a picture of him.

http://4.bp.blogspot...cid-d3whnad.png

I think because under the picture said 'lets assume' so it might be, or not. But it still looks badass

Wait, this aint him. ignore it. But this still looks better than that dragon thing. Thats a shame...

I was gonna say... while he does look pretty badass, that is not Discord. :P