go and fly, my little pony

if you want find new freinds

take the flight, listen your heart

and all adventure you may face

go and fly, my little pony

realizes your dream and don't stop

don't stop don't stop

don't stop

The song is actually pretty catchy, but it is different and anime-ish. Some people are convinced for some reason that this is the new intro, but i highly doubt that it is. In any event, what do you guys think of it?

Here is the video embedded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAtDOEnujcA

This is the first time I have seen a different version of the opening, every other country just translates the original English opening. I have to say, its pretty amazing and impressive. I wonder if any other nations will follow suit that are just getting the show now.

Copypasta from another forum because I'm in a hurry right now:

I'm going to be the weird one again and be the neighsayer here. I prefer the original opening to this one. The Italian opening's song is better, I suppose, but the opening as a whole...

The original opening is more put together as a whole while this opening feels more like... a fan made PMV set to the music. It doesn't even flow as well to me as a good PMV should and in comparison the original it definitely doesn't feel as unified.

Further, the song, if a better song, is not necesarilly a better song for an opening for this show. I don't speak Italian, so I can't judge lyrics, but from the basic style and tune of the song, it feels very different from the tone of the show.

I have to agree with everything here. I geniunely like the original opening. And this is nice, the Italians do some good songs for their cartoons; their version of Pokemon Battle Advance is pretty awesome in my opinion, but I just plain think the original works better for the show. Short, snappy and to the point. As kpenguin said, the Italian one feels like a fan video more than anything. Also, minor gripe: I don't think the ending of ep2 (with the ponies using the elements) or the scene with Rarity's wings should be in the opening. That's the kind of thing I don't think you should see until you watch the episode.

• 2 weeks later...