Nightmare Night Canterlot (2023)Sign Up in OOC before posting.

Skycoaster

Despite the fairly improvised nature of the sporting event, Blueblood would give a cheer alongside his son worthy of the sport of kings.  Or even the stadium cheers of certain buckball fan mobs.  "Tenebrae Lux!  Light up the night with your winning streak!"  "Streak!"  Little Pax echoed from Blueblood's back, while up above Niil gave a more feral roar of encouragement.  The Prince briefly worried that might panic the birds, but apparently they were made of sterner stuff, as that only encouraged an extra burst of speed on the part of the racers.  It was going to be close...

Closer, at any rate, than the misfired gourd of Moonlight, which careened wide left into the apple-bobbing tub, displacing water and fruit alike in a spectacular splash!  "Mmmm... yup, you're definitely getting gobbled first for that shot."  Star spouted in a perfect deadpan.  "You are awarded no candy, and may the Nightmare have mercy upon your hide."  She gave a smirk towards Midnight and Anwir, who were getting into their own characters.  "That is, unless my colleagues think the plainest blood still sweet."

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

TT mused a bit at Luna/'Nightmare Moon' 's question.

"Wandering merchants do need to protect themselves from all sorts of things." she finally replied, "Not sure if we have anything for vampire ponies with us ..."

She rummaged through her satchel and pulled out a few packages of salt and pepper that you find in at a fast food restaurant.

"Well, salt is good against certain kinds of ghosts, but not vampires.  We doubt this is sufficient even against a ghost sensitive to it.." she stated.

She briefly examined a sphere the size of an apple, with a slide switch and numbers in a ring around its middle, but put it back in - pretty sure a grenade designed to release smoke that irritates the eyes and nose would really be the best thing to use in a friendly crowd.

"Ah !  We got it !" she exclaimed before taking a few deep breaths and placing a hoof on her Klein bottle necklace then concentrating for a moment.

Thick, dark smoke poured out of the odd bottle and formed a diffuse cloud around TT.

Every once in a while, a tiny portion would condense into an eye, which would look around before dissolving back into mist.

Occassionally a strand of mist would condense into a long mouth filled with shark-like teeth, only to vanish again.

"Would this be sufficient defense against a mere vampire pony ?" Tongue Twister inquired smugly.

• Like 1

As Moonlight's shot veered off, Nightmare Moon would glare at the filly. She would nod along with Star Crusader's words about being the first to be gobbled. As Twister answered her question, Nightmare Moon would chuckle. "A useful trinket in deed, however, if I where you, I would start earning some candy soon. Not having a large enough tribute... perhaps all your travels have seasoned you well, for when the time comes, you may end up the second course." Laughing, she'd look to Anwir then back to TT. "No trinkets can protect thee from my wrath."

Midnight would lock onto Moonlights eyes with his own, red glowing ones. "They merely help me track my food. All Bat Ponies...as you call them... have the occasional lust for blood. Perhaps before Nightmare Moon gobbles you first, you can ask her how the Blood Moon got it's name." he'd chuckle.

• Like 1

image.png

"Oh, do they now?" She said as she got as little closer, using her tail to hide her face as if in fear. "Well, I hope, like, bat ponies don't start going blood crazy on this most totally unholy of nights. Like, after all, I'm supposed to be gobbled up by Nightmare Moon, and it'd be totally ick, like, and I'd hate for some vicious," she leaned in some more, "strong," then used her tail to brush his face playfully, "cute little monster mash minion to get his, like, unjust desserts. Hehehe," she said as she galloped back to see the results of her super fine hoofwork with the pumka-pult.

Okay, so maybe she was actually really bad at pumka-pults. "Well, okay. No points for me. Grody shot. Got it. Good. Well, not good. You know what I mean, cutie. But, like, if you think about it, I just made the apple bobbing, like, totally cool this year. It's like adding pumpkin spice to something, right?" She laughed as she started going over the pumka pult, aching for another shot. "Hey, so, like, before you became a totally evil super minion of nightmare moon, who were you? You know, before she transformed you into evil minion numero uno," she said, wiggling a bit to get into the sighting of the pumka-pult. Her next shot wouldn't miss!

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

As Twister answered her question, Nightmare Moon would chuckle. "A useful trinket in deed, however, if I where you, I would start earning some candy soon. Not having a large enough tribute... perhaps all your travels have seasoned you well, for when the time comes, you may end up the second course." Laughing, she'd look to Anwir then back to TT. "No trinkets can protect thee from my wrath."

"Perhaps." TT replied after a bit of thought, "But after that encounter with Hou Shuren, we may be too foul and toxic for even you."

"As for a candy treat ..."  she rummaged through her satchel to see if her dad packed any treats (instead of eating all of them).  She found a large bag, looked inside, and grimaced.  

He'd packed animated gummy critters.  The candy insects and spiders will animate and skitter away if out of the bag for more than a minute or so.  Generally grabbing a piece of candy to take back with them when they returned.

"We'll be getting to earning some candy now !" she stated while shoving that bag back into her satchel and backing towards the pumka pults.

• Like 1

Dunnie also chose to get into the spirit of the crowd and her husband and son. The domestic life would probably require this sort of enthusiasm for entertainment and especially if her offspring would be inclined to buckball. Dunnie lifted a wing and held up a leg on the same side and cheered once, then again with the other wing and leg raised. And letting her excited whinneys get lost in the crowd she couldn't help bug giggle gently and wrap her wing around Blueblood and nuzzle against him and Pax who was seated atop the alabaster unicorn.

• Hearthoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

She waved her hoof to dismiss the tulpa, and it dissolved back into mist.

And for a very brief moment, it formed into something truly terrifying, but who would care about such things ?

She looked down field, estimating the distance, and she continued to muse to herself.

Spoiler

"I keep forgetting that, essentially, everyone is a Pillar of Equestria - and I am a Stygian !

The Forgotten One.

Who made the mistake of trying to become more than he was WITHOUT the Pillar's consent.

And was cast out for it.

But the story had a happy ending.  Eventually ....

Hmmm.  Perhaps the lesson needs to be taught once again.

Now - how to do that ...."

TT smiled as she set up the device to toss a pumpkin at the bullseye while quietly singing a song for the Nightmare Night season. 

She managed to get the angles right, but didn't quite know how strong the launch springs were - the pumpkin hit the target, but well below the bullseye.