Nightmare Night Canterlot (2023)Sign Up in OOC before posting.

Skycoaster

Out of Character Thread (Sign Up here)

Sitting at her desk in a small office in Canterlot Castle, Luna would put her quill to parchment as she began planning this years coming Nightmare Night festivities. Canterlot had been just beaten out a few other cities in Equestria due to its ease of transit...and to be honest ease of collecting sweets for the foals and foals at heart. An open invitation and an opportunity to meet Nightmare Moon. Canterlot also had the infrastructure to support such an event. She also had to think about Ice Storm and what was best way for her to experience Nightmare Night. Of course she would need to clear everything with Twilight Sparkle.

Luna would study a map of the castle and the surrounding area. The castle's entry courtyard would serve as the perfect location for all of the events. Bobbing for apples, using Sweet Apple Acres apples of course. Other fun games would be set up around the perimeter of the courtyard. A small stage would be planned to be off to the left hoof side, near the main steps entering the caste for music and other things, such as awards. The Trick or Treating, Luna planned out using a map of the streets nearby. With a smirk, she would cross off the days on the calendar till Nightmare Night Eve.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Las Pegasus

Candy Corn was about to close the Kandy Kaleidoscope for the evening when a letter would arrive. A royal letter. Candy looked at it in shock as she finally opened it. It was from Princess Luna. "An order for 1,000 peanut butter cups and 500 full size chocolate bars!" as she read the order aloud.  "Deliver to Canterlot Castle in person...on Nightmare Night..." Candy would almost faint before her apprentices would catch her. "We got a lot of candy to make in two weeks."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightmare Night

To say Luna was excited was an understatement. She paced the throne room floor as she awaited her guests. One of which was one of Twilight's guards, Blizzard Blitz. He was an ice mage just like Ice Storm, and the two, though starting off rocky, had become somewhat friends. When she was informed of of Ice's plan for his costume, Luna had to make sure he was there, and to make sure he remained, had orders for him to 'Take Ice Storm Trick or Treating' though he did not know that yet...

"Your Highness," Blizzard would say, bowing one knee to the former co-ruler of Equestria. "I revived a message that I was assigned to you tonight? This is an honor. I've been so busy filling in for the captain while she's away I really haven't gotten out much, and when I do I'm in the library doing magical research."

Luna would nod and give the unicorn a soft smile as a greeting. Paperwork and research....no wonder he was in Twilight Sparkle's guard, Luna would think to herself. "We shall be starting soon once more of our guests arrive. Ice Storm can not wait to see you again," Luna would smirk as she awaited the arrival of the newest alicorn.

• Like 1

• Skycoaster changed the title to Nightmare Night Canterlot (2023)[Attention Ice Storm, BlueBlood, Dusty] Sign Up in OOC before posting.

~~~Ice Storm~~~

To say that Ice Storm's life had been turned completely upside down, would be an understatement. Usually when things happen like that, it's in a bad way, but for Ice, it was a weird way, and not unpleasant in the slightest. While her mind was still as sharp as ever, and had all of her memories and her core beliefs intact, her body was now very much different. Instead of being a fully grown unicorn mare, she was now in the body of what she could estimate as a ten-year old filly, with her shoulders just barely above the underbarrel of most ponies. But that wasn't the biggest change, nor was the fact that her little overnight issue had become a more permanent problem, leading her to stay padded up all the time. Honestly, even when she was a full-bodied unicorn she was expecting that at some point. IT was the nature of disabilities like that. They either got better, or regressed, and now she was nearly completely at the whim of her body on that regard. No, the thing that shocked her the most about the new body, was the set of wings that she now had on her back. The wings themselves were the same icy blue that her coat was, but they transitioned into the dark blue that was around her flank, albeit covered by the while foalish garment with cloud prints all over it. 

The newly annointed alicorn filly was excited for the night! This was her first Nightmare Night as a filly again, and Luna had told her that she had a surprise for her, but no matter how much Icy begged, Luna wouldn't tell her what it was. Now that it was Nightmare Night, she'd finally get to know what the surprise was. The alicorn filly was sooming through the halls with a crinkle the entire way to the throne room, which was where Luna had told her to go. She made her way through the door, and being the excitable filly that she was now, while getting going for her was easy, coming to a stop with her new wings giving her more momentum now... not so much. The throne doors opened just in time for Ice to see Blizzard standing in front of Luna, but not in time for her to hit the brakes. "Whoa... Whoa... Whoa... WHAAA....*thud*," came from her as she tried to stop on the polished throne room floor only to slam into Blizzard, and then landing on him. She sat up with her eyes swirling around in her head. "Owwie..." she said, disoriented. 

• Like 2

Luna's ear would twitch as she heard little Ice Storm growing nearer to the throne room. Her smile turned into a grin as Ice got closer and closer. Blizzard would raise an eyebrow in confusion as he could hear somepony rapidly approaching. Turning his head just in time, he'd see a blue streak burst open the doors before bowling him over and landing on top of him. Blizzard would blink his eyes a few times before being able to rise to his hooves. Did he just get run over by a foal, he thought to himself. Not just a foal, but an alicorn foal? Perhaps the collision gave him a concussion? Maybe it was the pony's Nightmare Night costume? As he tried to think of a logical explanation, he'd levitate the little pony back onto her hooves. "You have to be more careful running round Canterlot Castle," as he rubbed his temple with a hoof.

Luna could not help but laugh at the fact that Blizzard didn't recognize whom had plowed him over. "Well, aren't you going to say hello Ice Storm?" Blizzard stood there, shocked. "This is your special assignment tonight. You are to take Ice Storm Trick or Treating." Blizzard's jaw would drop again as Luna would continue. "Ice Storm and I even picked a costume for you," as she winked to Ice Storm. "A fictional ice mage, whom runs away from their troubles into the frozen mountains, creates a home out of ice and snow, and hones there magical powers. In the end they realize that true power comes from friendship and love." Looking to Icy, she'd giggle. "Twas made by the finest tailors in Canterlot to fit you specifically and is of the finest quality. Now, go, get dressed. I still have guest to arrive and I wish for you to greet them before heading out."

Blizzard was confused, but nodded and took the box Luna levitated to him and he would leave the throne room. With Blizzard leaving temporally, Luna would walk down and give Ice Storm a hug with her wing. "This should be quite entertaining."

"Oh, before I forget, I have another surprise for you. A friend of yours from Las Pegasus is coming also," she'd say with a grin, wondering what Ice Storm's guess and reaction when she did arrive.

• Like 1

~~~Ice Storm~~~

It only took a few moments before the filly shook her head and righted herself. She gave a nod to Blizzard when he told her that she had to be careful when running through the castle. "I know... especially when I haven't gotten completely used to this body yet. I don't know how the pegasi do it. It's so much harder to stop with wings than you would think," she spoke, listened to Luna speak up as well, asking if she was going to say hi, and then revealing to Blizzard who she was. She waved with a smile. She wasn't surprised that he hadn't recognized her. Shoot, she barely recognized herself when she looked in the mirror when she was in the room with Twilight after she came out of the test. She sat back down, and giggled as Luna recounted to Blizzard what their evening was going to be like. "I remembered that you said that we should go trick or treating together a few weeks ago, and well, I decided to make it happen. I also couldn't pass up the opportunity to see you in this costume... hehe," she giggled, watching as he was sent to put on his costume.

When Luna said that this would be entertaining, Ice nodded. "This is going to be so much fun! I didn't get to do this when I was a filly! I didn't really get to experience my first Nightmare night until I was already well into my years at the school of magic! honestly... I never thought I'd every get a chance to do anything like that again." Ice sighed. "You know, it's funny really, when I was here a few weeks ago helping Blizzard watch the shifts while Fire was out on leave, I told Blizzard that I would give anything a chance to have what was taken from me when I was little. I had no idea that I was actually going to well, have that happen. The fact that I still have all of my memories and that my mind is still fully intact after everything that happened, only makes it even more enjoyable. I just hope all of my old friends don't end up hating the new me because of how different I am now..." she said. As if on cue, Luna had then told her that one of said friends was coming tonight. "Oh! Who is it!? Who is it!?"

• Like 2

Meanwhile, a train from Las Pegasus had arrived. Candy Corn would step out onto the platform in awe. Just the sight of Canterlot Castle in the background was enough to make her heart race. SHE was going to Canterlot Castle, with an order made by the princesses of Equestria themselves, and a large order at that. In the back of her head, she couldn't help to wonder if the order for Blueblood or the ones made by Flurry Heart and Shining Armor had something to do with why she got it. Ether way, she was the official supplier of Nightmare Night candy for the castle. She couldn't wait to tell Ice Storm, Windy, and Golden Bit about it when she got back to her shop.

As she went to retrieve the Chocolate from the freight car, she'd stop in her hooves as she was approached by two night guards and a lunar guard. Her heart was pounding like a drum. "Miss Candy Corn," the lunar guard would say. "We're here to help transport this shipment to the castle. Luna's orders." "Lu...Luna's orders?" she'd say with a tremble. The guards would nod to her. "Um...ok. Ah, so it's these four big crates and a few smaller boxes."

Candy would follow the guards to Canterlot Castle, One crate in her levitation and a few smaller boxes balanced on her back. She would be in awe at the way the main courtyard had been set up in preparation. Decorations, Booths, it was almost like a small rural Nightmare Night hub set up in the capital city.

As the doors would open, the lunar guard would be the first in. "Candy delivery princess," she'd say. Luna would smile. "Please put them over to your left, in the corner where they can't be seen by guest entering." Next through the door would be the two night guards as they also would add to the stack in the corner. Last in would be the pony whom made most of it, Candy Corn. She would be too distracted by the castle itself to notice anypony else in the room. The large windows, the vaulted ceiling. By the time her eyes reached the throne, she's jump back and quickly bow. "P..Princess Luna. This is a great honor. I'm sure you'll be satisfied by the candy you ordered. Making it all was no small task." As she saw the filly, Candy would do a double take. "And who's the foal? She kinda looks familiar?" when Candy saw the wings as well as the horn, she'd freeze. "And she's an alicorn!" Luna would smile, awaiting for Ice Storm to introduce herself to her friend.

• Like 1

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Luna had remained silent when Ice asked about who her friend was that was coming from Las Pegasus. "Come on, tell me... tell me! tell me, tell me, tell me!!!" Ice said much like an impatient, overly excited filly would be. Granted, that's what she was now for the most part, and the new, even more youthful presence in the mare had somewhat taken over. In truth, she was just excited to see her old friends, and was hopeful that they would understand and not be mad or upset at how different she was. She looked over to the throne room doors as they opened and a series of guards came into the room, followed with a cream colored pony with an orange, yellow, and black mane and tale. A pony that she would recognize almost instantly. After the order was placed on the ground, and she heard Candy ask about her, Icy ran up and tried to tackle her into a hug. "CANDY!!!" She yelled as she leaped towards her friend. 

Candy would be knocked to a sitting position by the incoming filly whom seemed to know her name. After a few moments, it would hit her. "Ice...Ice Storm?" her voice would go up in pitch as she asked as she returned the hug. It wasn't every day that somepony you knew became an alicorn, and this apparently was that day. "I didn't expect to see you here, but now I think I know where Princess Luna got the order idea from. I'm sure the local chocolate shops aren't going to be too happy," Candy would giggle. "You're a lot stronger then you look too. Your smaller then my sisters, but hit twice as hard," she'd joke.

Luna had made her way over to the stack of candy and would levitate herself out one of the chocolate bars. She'd levitate one out for herself to try. Taking a bite, the alicorn would smile. "It would appear that we have made the proper choice in our supplier of chocolate. Ice Storm had informed me of Blueblood's large order. Your candy making skills are second to none. I believe we should have more then enough." Walking over closer to Ice and Candy, she'd continue "I trust your train ride was most uneventful?" Candy would nod. "Then I hope that you will join us tonight for this celebration of Nightmare Night. I'm sure Ice would love another one of her friends joining her for trick or treating."

Candy would gulp. "I really need to get back to my shop. I left Salty in charge but..." Looking down, she'd see Ice's face. "I don't have a costume...." Luna would smirk "Fear not, for I have a spare just for tonight." Candy would sigh. "Alright, ya got me, but only because this one is so cute this size." Luna would levitate a box from behind the throne and give it to Candy. She'd nod and take the costume box. "Well, I better get ready, and you should too," as Candy booped Ice Storm playfully.

Meanwhile, Blizzard was getting ready. Off in a small room, he would open the box and be in shock. Closing his eyes, the unicorn would take a few deep breaths. "Your doing this for Ice Storm," he'd mutter under his breath as he began to get dressed. "And you don't want to make Princess Luna angry..." He would forgo the wig however. his mane was long enough to braid as much as he hated to admit it. Opening the door, he'd step out and slowly begin to make his way back to the others. His face was red with blush as he walked by a few guards in his ice blue dress. the long sleeves where the color of snow, as well as the cape that overlaid the dress and trailed a foot behind him. He could hear the others in the castle stifle laughter as he began to make his way back to Ice Storm and Luna.

Blizzard would enter, his face still blushing as he looked to Luna, Ice Storm, and a newcomer he had yet to meet. "How....how do I look?" he'd ask, the embarrassment in his voice was prevalent. "Hmm," Luna thought aloud. "Something is missing." Luna's horn would glow for a moment as Blizzard's goatee would be zapped off his face. "Now you look perfect, right Ice Storm?"

• Like 1

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Once again, Ice Storm found herself being stronger than she was expecting and had apparently, quite easily, knocked her friend off her hooves. She was quick to recognize her though, and even quicker to return the hug. That one simple act, was enough to calm a lot of Icy's nerves. Maybe her friends wouldn't think that differently of her after all. She was still the same pony. Just a bit more fun-sized, and had some of the side effects that went with it. "Hehe, guilty as charged," Ice would say when Candy said she figured out where Luna got the idea to order from her. "I was actually trying to get her to order more of the chocolate strawberries, but told me I would have to share them... so we went with peanut butter cups instead," Ice giggled.

She sat back down as Luna told Candy about the order and the request to go trick or treating with them. A request that was immediately accompanied with pouty eyes from Icy until Candy said yes. "Yay! Candy's coming with us!!!" she said happily, hearing the door across the room open. Icy clopped her hooves happily as Blizzard came in wearing the Elsa dress. It was a perfect fit! Even more so when Luna zapped the beard away, making Icy giggle. "I dare say, you look quite smashing," Icy replied putting on the most horrendous Trottingham accent anypony in the room had probably ever heard before listening to Candy and Luna and going to get ready herself. After all, it wouldn't do them much good if everypony else was ready and they were still waiting on her.

After a few moments, and a few of the castle staff helping Ice Storm get into her costume, The cute little filly made her way back into the room, her body covered in three round white snowballs that looked like they were made of actual snow. Only the slight trace of the zipper going up the back could be seen to prove otherwise. The costume only seemed to add a bit of waddle to the new alicorn as she walked into the room, candy bucking following in her levitation aura. "Okay, I'm ready whenever!"

• Like 2

Blizzard would glare at Ice Storm for a moment before reaching up to feel his fresh shaved face. He'd look to Luna then down to the ground and then sigh. Candy Corn had been off getting her costume on as well, only to return to see a cute little snow filly and....wow. She'd put a hoof up to her mouth to stop herself from laughing too much. "Wow. That Snow Queen costume is amazing, and now mine makes much more sense. It's almost as if Ice Storm planned this a little too well," as she winked. "I just have one question though Ice Storm, judging by how you and Princess Luna reacted, is there some inside joke I'm missing with...." She'd pause looking at the stallion. "Blizzard. Blizzard Blitz," he'd reluctantly answer. Luna would just nod. "Perhaps it's best for Ice Storm to tell you," as she tried to hide giggle.

15Vl5bG.jpg

With Blizzard and Candy also getting their candy buckets, they would begin to make their way toward the large doors onto the castle's main courtyard ready to begin their night of tricks and treats. Meanwhile, Luna would throw in a pare of fake fangs as she awaited the time to put on her costume once more, Nightmare Moon....

• Like 1

Also being taken for his first ever trick or treating was... well, another royal foal!  Pax may not have had wings or a horn, but he was an adorable little colt all the same, babbling happily as he rode upon his father's back, dressed up in small golden facsimiles of the headdress and bangles of the ancient Pharoah Trottenkhamen.  Not that he knew that he was so illustriously garbed, the little earth pony was still too young to see today as anything but a fun time with his family.

No, like many such an event ostensibly held for foals, this night was as much about his parents as anything else.  While this was far from Prince Blueblood's first Nightmare Night, it was his first time trick-or-treating, his own upbringing being a little too... snooty for such lower class activities (although there still existed in public circulation a photograph of him as a young colt dressed up as a pirate...)  As a newly-minted father, he had determined that he was not going to subject his own foals to missing such wonderful memories.  Plus, he always did like to get dressed up himself...

Using some guidance from a living expert, he'd commissioned a costume wearing the mythogically accurate garb of Anubis, the ancient Neighgyptian god of judgment, complete with a jackal-headdress.  Dunnie, his wife, would have a similar getup as Pasht, she of the feline-headed goddess.  His other wife, Star Crusader, would be with Luna preparing festivities at the Castle, dressed as the lioness-headed Sehkmet.  The whole ensemble, of course, was finalized and made perfect by the living expert himself, Niilaavin the Sphinx!

Altogether, the four of them made a magnificent procession down the main avenue of Canterlot, passing in front of the palace in their quest for candy.  Seeing a party of fellow festival-goers emerge from the palace grounds, Blueblood launched into a regal greeting in-character of his garb.  "Ra in his absence grant his blessings oh- Hold on-!"  He stopped right in the middle as his brain flashed him a sudden recognition of the little filly in the snowpony costume.  "Icy?  Surely not..."

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 4

Anwir Aria makes her way out of the changing room of the Lunar guard. She just got back from her first scouting trip since her leave of absence. She was glad to be back out in the field again, but she also was glad to be back in Canterlot. 

It was Nightmare night, and that means many ponies are doing festivities. She had never actually participated herself. When she was a fully her hometown had the tradition of dousing any light and locking their doors. When she grew older she was working her way up the Royal guard, so she had no reason to. Now, everything is smoothing out.

She just got off a small shift at the castle, she enjoyed it. Now she was going to attend the castle's Nightmare Night event. She has a costume on she worked on herself. 

It's rather simple, she had used a simple spell to turn her mane and tail black, she had spider web kind of weaved into them. She also had made her coat a darker pink than normal. She had on a black and green dress that was simply in design. She had made fake stitches over her scars including the one on her right leg that gives her the limp. She had on her neck peice of her formal armor as it had matched the outfit well with its dark colors. 

She looked like an old sorceress. 

"General," the Lunar guard saluted to her,"there's a guard on every entrance and open window. There is also four at the front entrance where the festivities are to be held."

Anwir nods in thanks. "Thank you, you can take your leave."

The guard left down the corridor. 

Anwir continues to the entrance of the castle. She wasn't really paying any attention at the time when she started walking. But when she heard a commotion she looked up to see a young alicorn, that was new, and Lieutenant Blitz in an icy blue dress and his mane in a braid and his goatee was gone. 

Anwir just looked on from the stairs. What in Celestia's name is happening? 

• Like 1

NIILAAVIN THE FIRST, Blessed by the Eternal Flame forever in the sky, Tyr of All Territories under the Sky, Guardian of the Lands and Skies, Champion of His People, the Conqueror, the Unyielding, and Protector of the Realm, Imperator of the Dragonflames of the Lower World, Grand Guardian of Kitten and Foal, Lord of Worlds, First Protector, et cetera. Made his way behind Blueblood, Dunnie and their new kitten… Foal. Ponies were so picky with such naming. One may think they’d be honored he called them such! At least Blueblood understood such and let him use the term without fuss. Niilaavin towered over his companions standing thrice the height of even Celestia nowadays he walked with a lion's grace and the silenced paw-steps of a leopard. Even normally he was a sight to behold. But today was not a normal day. 

He personally found the theming of Blueblood and kin dull. He wanted to dress up as some lord! A king! Such was still new and interesting to him. But blueblood wanted this and so, it shall be. And he had to admit it was fun helping them dress up and get the eyeliner spot on. Why were ponies so stiff with such? It made one's eyes all the more stunning! But he was not to be outdone by them. No, he was putting his illusionary magic talent on full display today. And so he was not just ‘dressed up’ as some god. Why copy one? Let alone some gods the silly ponies worship. He was a Sphinx and they respected only two. The mother of them all… And themselves. And so displayed himself as only a god can be. As the party came to a stop he reared up and opened an impossible amount of wings. Wings behind wings spreading out into a huge fanning crest of feathers as six front limbs reached up, claws displayed as the stars themselves seemed to dance around his very body in worship. Gazing down with six eyes, glowing with the heart of the sun inside each he looked truly celestial. As if the galaxy itself stepped down from the heavies and took the shape of a truly grand feline. Was he going overboard? Maybe. Did he care? No. Not at all. He relished how the ponies looked at him. Jaws opened, eyes wide. This is what his kind lived for. 

Content with his godly appearance and endless amounts of impressed faces he gazed around the main avenue, amused by this celebration. It was his second one but the first he truly took part in. The treats were next to useless to him and that was not his part to play. It was for the young! And what a funny fact that was. The young ran about and played dress up and got treats. The adults did much the same, but payment was in the approval of others for their skill of mimicry. Most seemed too favor ‘scary’ outfits, but some like bluebloods family branched out into other topics to walk about as. It was all so… Amusing. And charming he must admit. But it seemed something grabbed Blue’s eyes. Looking down at the small filly. Some Icy was it? He felt he heard that name passing about in circles. But not with the face of such a young mare. The rest of the party seemed rather cold themed. Cute… Was it related to film? He swears he saw other youth running about in such outfits. They were adorable nonetheless. Almost as adorable as Pax. Blueblood did have a wonderful son with his pride mates and Niilaavin did feel a kinship to the foal. He may lack a litter of his own to pamper so he’d make do with Blues. Not that Blueblood and family seemed to mind all so much the huge cat bonding with and looking after the foal when needed. You can’t ask for a better sitter than that.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

• Skycoaster changed the title to Nightmare Night Canterlot (2023)Sign Up in OOC before posting.

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice Storm bounced in place happily as she anxiously awaited everypony else that was getting ready. She couldn't help a bit when everypony came out in their costumes. They all matched perfectly. Ice knew that this would be a good idea! She heard Candy ask about the inside joke that she seemed to be missing. When Luna said that she should be the one to explain it, Icy giggled. "Well, like myself, Blizzard is an ice mage, and also like me, he didn't have a kind upbringing. The only difference is that instead trying to tackle the problems head on he ran away from them to the frozen north for a while before he came back and everything started working itself out. Pretty much exactly like the Snow Queen from the movie! So I thought it was a perfect fit!" Icy explained. 

Her mind was drawn elsewhere though as she heard another familiar voice. He was dressed like the ancient Neighgyptian god Anubis, and was making it look real good, but there was no mistaking the voice of Blueblood. She could tell that he recognized her as well because of the falter in his introduction and calling out to her in disblief. She would nod to confirm his realization. "Yup! it's me! It turns out that you were right when we were talking over tea not that long ago. Though apparently the ascention had some side effects, so while I'm mentally the same, I'm stuck in the body of a pre-teen filly, among other things that have seemed to worsen..." She said with a faint blush, but it didn't last long. "But, that's all okay because it gives me a second chance to have what Golden Hoof took away from me growing up. I just have to figure out what I'm going to do about STAR. I can't turn it over to just anypony, but that's an issue for a night that's not nightmare night. This is my first true nightmare night as it was meant to be! and I wanna go out and have fun!" Ice said in a chipper voice. "Candy is Anna, Blizzard is Elsa, and I'm Olaf!" she continued giving Blizzard a small elbow to get into character, and then gave him the big pouty eyes when he looked towards her.

It was then that two other ponies showed up, neither of which she had recognized. Well, that wasn't entirely true. She'd seen the unicorn around a few times in the castle since she'd been back here. They'd never been formally introduced prior to now though. She wasn't sure how much of the conversation the new ponies had heard, but she did know that they were here now. One of them didn't even appear to be a pony, but a sphinx. That was very interesting. Then they started opening their wings... and then their wings opened wings... and then their wings opened wings, and then... you know what, there were a lot of wings. It was a really cool display and one that would have made Mythie proud. She clapped happily at the display, and waved to the new ponies as they arrived.

• Like 3

Anwir watched the Sphinx in awe. It was a beautiful display. Again....this is odd....Anwir slowly made it down the steps with her limp. 

She smiled at the mention of the film, she hadn't seen it, but with the popularity it's easy to know what happens. 

She's hears the little alicorn mention STAR... Anwir has heard it in passing, but since she just got back out on missions she doesn't know much. 

Anwir limps over to the princess and bows. 

"Princess Luna, it is good to see you once again." Anwir says and sits back up, "I hope you're well?"

Anwir sees Prince Blueblood and Captain Crusader with their son and smiles (the sadness in her eyes still ever present). She looks amusingly towards the Lieutenant. Anwir was glad to see four familiar faces. 

• Like 1

Candy would chuckle as Ice Storm told her of Blizzard's running away to the Frozen North. "I suppose he even made a house out of snow and ice as well." Blizzard would lower his head and nod. "And the magic stuff?" He'd nod again. Candy would get a chuckle. "Now he just needs to let go, right Ice Storm?" Candy would say with a giggle.

Blizzard and Candy would both hear Bluebloods greeting as they would follow Ice Storm. Everypony seemed to be getting into character, and with a few nudges and Ice's pouty eyes, Blizzard would sigh before busting out his best royalty voice and take up a queenly posture. Something about the hips he could remember from the film as he took a few steps closer to Blueblood's Trick or Treating party.  Clearing his voice, he would address Blueblood and offer his own salutation. "Greeting Anubis, I am Queen Elsa." Blizzard's horn would glow as he held a giant snowflake in his hoof. "Welcome to our kingdom. My sister and I and Olaf hope you will enjoy our hospitality and partake in all the sweets there are to offer tonight." He'd look to Ice Storm to gauge how he was going before turning back to Blueblood, Dunnie, and Nilaavin . "Your young one is simply adorable, as is the rest of your party."

Candy seemed to be amazed by the Sphinx "Hi, I'm Candy Corn...I mean Princess Anna. It's a pleasure to meet you," as Candy would curtsy. "I hope you're as excited for Nightmare Night as we are, right Ice Sto....Olaf." she'd giggle. "I've never met a sphinx before. You are quite regal."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Luna would watch from a distance with a smile as those closest to her, as well as their friends and family where enjoying the holiday. She would put a hoof on the shoulder of Anwir. "Tis moments like these that bring me the most joy," Luna would say with a smile. "At first I was insulted by what I thought was a silly celebration of who I once was. A mockery. Twas not till I say what joy it could bring that I fully embarrassed Nightmare Night. As a wise foal once told me...sometimes if fun to be scared. And as I have discovered, sometimes it is even funner to do the scaring."

Luna could not help but stifle a laugh as she watched the Lieutenant attempt to match the Snow Queen's walking style after Ice Storm nudged him. "Nightmare Night can also be quite entertaining in it's own ways," as she pointed a hoof at Blizzard and Ice Storm.

"Greeting Captain Star Crusader," Luna would say. "I am glad to have both you and Anwir with me tonight. I must command both of your costumes. They are quite well done."

• Like 2

Anwir smiles at Luna's words. 

"I have never had the time to actually celebrate Nightmare Night, as a fully none of my town liked it and when I became a royal guard, I took the shifts no pony wanted to take as it was a holiday. Though I can't say I don't enjoy scaring little ponies with old stories from time to time." She says with a playful lilt to her voice. She has, when she had the time, stopped to tell stories to the little ones who would be roaming with their parents out at night. 

Anwir greets the captain and then smiles at Luna's compliment. 

"Thank you, Princess." She says. 

Dunnie seldom ever looked as uncomfortable as she did now. Despite her best efforts to put on a regal air for the procession, so carefully prepared, the pegasus held the visage of a statue. As if too scared to move lest she broke the facade and revealed the truth that she was bad at being a princess. She had experienced many Nightmare Nights, but never one of this social status. So there she stood, in one hoof holding up an ankh made of two khopesh swords attached at the hilt with bronze blades which gleamed like wayward suns. Her face was covered in a thin layer of makeup everywhere except her eyes which were highlighted by aggressive eyeliner.

The mother of Pax was right next to him. Even though Blueblood had the foal on his back, Dunnie was hardly ever a wing's length away from her offspring. With the backdrop of Niilaavin's beautious display of illusory magic, and Blueblood's impression. Dunnie was getting ready to say her line that she had been reciting. But, it seems Bluey got distracted. Suddenly, all the tension in the mare's body dropped and she smiled and giggled while covering her mouth with a wing. "Bluey!" She smiled at him, "Your impression was so good it's a shame you stopped!" Dunnie looked down to the light blue Filly. He chuckled gently, "Wow, that is you Icy." What a bizzare sight, one she had never expected to see.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

Because the sphinx was closely associated with him, Blueblood thought Niil's display was absolutely magnificent.  He'd have felt quite differently if the big guy was showing him up at a party, of course, but that was just the ego that came with Royalty.  He was sure the sphinx would understand that.

"Wing!  Wing!"  Pax called out from atop Bluey's back.  Their precocious little colt had just begun to learn his first words.  And thanks to Niilaavin's active interest and aid in raising the little tyke, some of those words were in sphinx!  Blueblood appreciated this commitment to bilingualism; it would make it that much easier to restore sphinxes as a species and culture if their native tongue could be used and understood by others.

Chuckling as he nuzzled Dunnie, the prince whispered in her ear, "Just wait until we get to the first house!"  Chocolates would no doubt be given in quantity as tribute!

In the meantime, though, there was the other members of their party to greet.  Including the newly minted alicorn... "Well, I suppose its good to have my opinions validated.  I should have you know, that this wasn't a decision that Twilight took lightly..."  Indeed, given the argument he had with Twilight over whether Ice Storm had earned the, in his mind, lesser reward of an official hereditary noble house title, he had to imagine some more recent accomplishments and changes had been behind this decision.  And inwardly... well, he was jealous.  The green streak of wing envy in him still sent a stab of pain, even after all these years of character work and therapy.

Tamping down on such feelings as inappropriate to the holiday, he nodded towards Blizzard and Candy.  "Your welcome is most appreciated."  He replied, returning to his in-character tone for a moment, though he couldn't resist cracking, "And I do have to say, Your Majesty, you look almost as good in a dress as I do."

Meanwhile, Captain Star Crusader, sparing a moment to spot the rest of her family going off to meet with the other trick or treaters, nodded towards Anwir.  "He is good-looking, yes."  Even though it was Blueblood's other wife that was the foal's dam, she still felt maternally towards all the foals in her herd.  There'd be another coming soon, once Pax was old enough to understand and appreciate being a big brother.

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

The shouted calls of ‘wing, wing!’ pulled Niilaavin's gaze away from the gathering mass of ponies. A deep, amused purr rumbled deep in his chest. A sound that moved up into a thundering roll when the young foal added in some less the pony sounding words. “Yes, many dmꜣt.” Then with blade sized claws, tapped Blue’s horn. “One ꜥb, ḥnwt.” It almost made his ‘outfit’ falter, shimmering like a mirage before solidifying again on his display as his mind wandered, his focus stolen for a moment by the young one. Realigning himself on the events around them his ears perked as one young mare got so brave as to speak to him. A Candy Corn it seemed. Pony names are still amusing, even after a few years of hearing them! So he chuckled and leaned down, his ‘six eyes’ gazing at her like six rageing suns. 

“Mtj, ḥmt. Nj ꜥšꜣ.” His words echoed in her mind and Candy felt them as much as heard them. They sounded as if words came from all around her, inside of her, within her. And for as grand as it sounded, as otherworldly. Blue knew every word just fine even if the young mare did not. As they always have since first meeting Niil. He said [Correct female, not many of us.]. He then grinned at her and winked with six eyes. “Thank you, I try to be regal. Learning from the best. But I may be outmatched by the likes of a princess such as yourself.” He added, this time in perfectly understandable Ponish. “The pleasure is all mine. May this day be fruitful and you earn much riches of sweets.” looking over at the young mare's friend he noticed she had wings and a horn. That was special or something was it not? Did she come from the bloodline of the sun and moon? She hardly looked the part. No moon or sun markings… But then one was pink and all about love… Ponies.

But she seemed to be something of a show stopper with everyone talking or looking at her… He hated to admit that it stings some. But like Blue, he had to keep his Ego in line. Mostly. He was better, that was just a fact. But you can't hurt others feelings about it. Then they get all upset and make a mess of things. “You know her?” He asked, gesturing a large paw at the filly well looking over and down at Blue and Dunnie. He was not trying to be rude. He wanted to know if she was some kitten from the Dynasty! That was very important too know! He’d hate to disrespect them after all.

• Like 1
  • Hearthoof 1

Anwir smiles at the Captain's words. She doesn't doubt it. She feels like if Blueblood wanted to he could pull off wearing just about anything. 

She sees the Sphinx talking in what must be his native language. She recognizes it from her past scouting trips before her leave of absence. He is quite regal with his display. 

"I don't doubt it captain." She says with a small giggle, (her eyes still as sad as ever suddenly have a forlorn look with it.) bringing a good to her mouth. So much has changed. 

She looks to the little alicorn. When had she become one? Anwir knew she was gone for a few moons, but so much has changed since then. Even the ballasts and glass windows that weren't stained now are. Everything has changed and she's a bit left behind. 

• Like 1

~~~Ice Storm~~~

Ice chucked a bit with Candy when she joked about Blizzard making a house out of Ice and Snow before she paused. "Huh, I guess that's more common than I would have thought. when I got my cutie mark, I woke up in an igloo that I've always assumed was made with my magic. I don't know for sure though. All I remember was I was in a blizzard on Canterhorn Peak when I felt a surge of energy, blacked out, and then woke up in an igloo with my cutie mark. But I guess that's another thing we have in common with each other!" Ice giggled. 

Watching Blizzard get into things a bit more after her nudge made Ice Storm smile even more. Tonight was definitely not the night to be moping about. That is, unless you were the kind of pony that was easily scared by things, then Ice could see nightmare night not being fun for them. Unless they were a pony that had fun by being scared... then... Ice shook her head briefly to keep herself from going down the expanding rabbit hole of what ifs. She heard Blizzard introduce himself as Queen Elsa before hearing Candy refer to her as Olaf. This made her giggle quite a bit before her attention was turned back to Blueblood and His friends. She then saw Dunnie next to Blue and she seemed to be surprised as Ice nodded again. It was becoming increasingly apparent to her that she was the center of attention at the moment, and she wasn't sure how she felt about that.

Ice would nod when Blue mentions that the decision for her ascension was not one that was made lightly by Twilight. "I can imagine just simply on the kind of test I had to go through. I had to fight a copy of myself, and walk into the center of a compressed star. I must say that this wasn't the outcome that I was expecting, but... I'm not complaining in the slightest," she replied as the sphinx had made its way up them. It was quite a sight to see indeed, and it at least looked to be friendly. He asked Blue if he knew her, and Ice would nod. "Blue and I actually go way back! I think I was still living in Ponyville when I first met him and we hit it off as friends. I don't remember what we were doing, but I did remember that of all ponies, he was the one I least expected on changing my views on Nobility. Rarity made him sound completely different than how he was, and from there we just kinda became friends, though my dealings with STAR and other Equestrian Military expeditions limited me from taking things any further than that," Ice spoke. "But this isn't the night for old stories. This is a night of fun, and I as Olaf, hereby decree that we are going to have the best Nightmare Night ever!"

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

Candy would rub her ear with a hoof after hearing the great sphinx speak. His own language may have been the loudest thing she had ever heard. She'd blush as he called her a princess in response to her costume. It was well made, something that could be worn more then once, so she'd be glad to add it to her closet after tonight. "I hope you find something sweet as well. I can't speak for all Canterlot, but I know the chocolate that Princess Luna...er um...the castle staff will be handing out was hoof made by me. You got to try a peanut butter cup, that is if sphinxes like chocolate and peanut butter."

She'd turn her attention to Blueblood, his wife, and his little foal. "I don't hope he has too much of a sweet tooth," she'd giggle. "I take it you were sastifed by the order you got from my shop," she'd wink. "You know, come to think of it, I believe the sisters from the Snow Queen also loved chocolate," as she'd put a hoof around Blizzard. "Right Elsa?"

Blizzard would nod, his embarrassment beginning to wear off, as he was starting to enjoy playing the Snow Queen. The look in little Ice Storm's eyes made tonight worth it. She was enjoying a second foalhood, and seeing her happy made him happy. He would nod to offer a bow to Blueblood in character, only for a slight blush to appear on his cheeks about the dress comment. Trying to take his mind off of it, he'd return to character. "Anna and I hope that you will find our kingdom's sweets to your liking. The chocolate at the castle comes from a family recipe that dates back to our grandmother. Olaf has personally taste tested them to make sure they are up to our standards."

Blizzard's horn would glow once more as he moved his hoof in synchronization with his snow and ice magic. "Though it is not a sweet, allow me to bestow the first treat to your little one." Snow would form in his hoof as it slowly grew into small snow sphinx as small streaks of ice magic would flow from his horn as he tried to match the style from the old film. Smiling, he'd levitate it to Pax. "Now then, who's ready for an adventure into the unknown of Canterlot?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am so glad to see so many ponies enjoying Nightmare Night," Luna would say with a smile. "I am glad that Twilight talked me out of canceling the holiday moons ago in Ponyville. I look forward to it every year now." She'd take a few steps back into the throne room where the chocolate was being stored. "Captain, General, Who wishes candy duty and who wishes game supervisor?"

Waiting for them to decide, Luna would put a set of fake fangs into her mouth. She'd look to both her helpers and smile, making sure to show off the pointy teeth. "Remember, what happens next is for the foals. I have not returned to my evil ways, for it is just an appearance. Tis almost showtime." Luna's horn would glow as her appearance changed into that of her darker self. Using her tongue, she make sure the fangs where sent in place. She'd adjust her breastplate and helmet before beginning to laugh maniacally for a few moments. "Still got it," she'd wink to Anwir and Star Crusader. "On the sixth stroke of the clock tower, I shall make my appearance on the main stage to officially begin the celebration."

Akl5Mgx.jpg

• Like 2

"If it's alright with you, I'd like to take candy duty." Anwir says. 

Luna's words confuse her for a moment until she caught sight if the fake fangs... Oh. Anwir felt guilt consume her slightly. She understood that it was just a simple illusion just like with her own costume. 

At her laugh and her comment, Anwir smiles. She still feels the guilt from what her ancestors had done... 

"It looks very convincing, Princess Luna. We will keep an eye out." Anwir says then her eyes widen for a moment. "Oh! I almost forgot! General Crothor was hoping to join in the festivities, but wanted me to ask you."

• Like 1

With the mention of wings, Dunnie extended her own to blanket her foal and pull Blueblood closer as he nuzzled her cheek. The pegasus let her feathers flex and gently pet Pax's face. And her own nose nuzzled up against Blueblood's neck and she held this unabashed public display of affection all while Bluey was talking to Ice Storm. She also overheard Nil's question, but chose not to answer, afterall it seemed Ice wasn't interested in answering the question either.

Dunnie released her husband from her feathery grip and then turned to nuzzle her foal. "Nil!" She called out, "[Halt!]" She called out in the Sphynx language, "Er...wait, you've already stopped. [Lower!] Then!" Dunnie called out again. As much as she wanted to, she resisted the urge to steal Pax away from Bluey. "I think it's time to go get those treats, then. Show off our excellent costumes streetside, yeah?"

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 1

"Dmꜣt!"  The noise from Niil's mouth, Pax was once again playing the 'is this a real word?' game all little foals played at his age, a game Blueblood had determined that his son would not be handicapped in through any baby-talk from his parents.  The syllables rattled in the little colt's skull, before reaching a hoof to where his mother's feathers were brushing him.  "Dmꜣt?"  He asked, looking at the giant face of the sphinx, and on hearing the encouraging "Yes!"  from Niilaavin, he happily giggled, repeating the game with his father's horn and " ꜥB, ḥnwt!"  Laughing happily at two round of the game, he looked over to see ꜥb, ḥnwt his father talk to little Icy, and seeing the Alicorn he called out, "Dmꜣt ꜥb, ḥnwt!"

"That's right son!"  Proud as any father, he gave Pax a magical pat as a reward, before hitching him back more securely, and incidentally more in reach of Dunnie's wings as he returned her nuzzle.  "Alright, I believe you're right dear, it's time to set off!  And if the chocolate on offer is as good as that which we got from Candy's shop, this will be a perfect first Nightmare Night for our Pax!"  And with that he set out, letting Blizzard and Icy take up point on the procession, out to trick-or-treat their first neighborhood.  Pax, for his part, seemed to be paying more attention to the little snow sphinx given to him by Blizzard.  A first for many there, whether foal or adult....

From the courtyard, Star Crusader waved goodbye to her family with a wave of a giant wing, before settling back, nodding at Princess Luna.  "I will take the games if the General prefers candy duty.  I am particularly robust to the rambunctiousness of sugar-filled young ones, and can help them burn off a little energy."  Looking over her shoulder at the preparation, she asked, "Is the pumpkin catapult properly calibrated?  I'm not sure if its been fixed since last year."

• Like 2
  • Hearthoof 2