just the most awesome of my many cycling backgrounds...

tumblr_m5dm69387k1rub6v7o1_1280.png

and hinata I envy your Ubuntu...if only i knew how it worked...they say its amazing O_O

Trust me, ya'll DO NOT want Ubuntu. Ya can't run anythin' unless it's specifically built for it, and even then, ya gotta run through 200 commands before ya can even use the darned program.

Sure, why not?

NIAp8.jpg

AH ICONS ON A UBUNTU DESKTOP, IT BURNS!!!!

Also you know you can change the size of the launcher icons in ubuntu you know so your launchbar wont be so cluttered and remove apps that you dont use (right clicking on the launch icon has a function to remove icons from the launchbar.)

And Unity can be tweaked a little with the help of an app called myunity

Anywho:

Ubuntu:

http://farm8.staticf...2582e3c71_b.jpg

win 7:

http://farm9.staticf...7577e05cc_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I show this to non-Brony friend, and she's like... hey, why are there only two? Where's the third one? She was talking about how Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom are there, but there's no Scootaloo (referencing the Cutie Mark Crusaders, I assume). I'm not sure how she knows there are supposed to be three, as I've shown her few episodes.

background.png

Freaking ADORABLE.

Current:

dex_starr_pusheen_by_pyrodark-d4xdl7k.jpg

I've had this for a long time now, I think it's time for a new one.

• Like 1

post-4427-0-79118200-1344016991_thumb.jp

My current wallpaper.1 From my favourite webcomic.4

--------

1 Although it won't be by the time I finish typing this sentence. I have over 9002 pics in my wallpaper folder, and they cycle randomly every 10 seconds.

2 Count the zeros carefully, then decide whether that superscript 23 is pointing to this footnote, or if it means I actually have more than 810 000 wallpapers. Chose wisely; the level of free space remaining on my hard drive is in your hands.

3 And no that was not planned, it all just sort of fell into place.

4 Romantically Apocalyptic,5 which I heartily recommend to anyone with a taste for great artwork and surreal humour.

5 Yes, I know that shouldn't have really gone in the footnotes,6 but I'm trying to beat my personal record for most disparate content/footnote ratio.7

6 And neither should this.

7 Hey, a guy's got to have a hobby.

The photo made me want to track down that comic until I read the name and description.

This is my wall paper featuring the Alaskan Tundra in the Fall:

http://www.hiren.info/desktop-wallpapers/natural-pictures/fall-tundra_denali-national-park_alaska#1600x1200

Note that this is not the website that I got it, and this site added a watermark (and thus the claim that it is theirs).

I don't think that is relevant, but I wanted to call them out on it.

Is it my post you're referring to? If so, what put you off?

I don't like post apocalyptic stories because they are depressing in story and visuals. I haven't read any that had sufficient redemption to make up for this fact.

Surreal humor can be meaningful and entertaining, but I would never seek it out. The strength is when it comes out of nowhere, and then you don't see any more of it until you have forgotten about it.

I don't like post apocalyptic stories because they are depressing in story and visuals. I haven't read any that had sufficient redemption to make up for this fact.

Surreal humor can be meaningful and entertaining, but I would never seek it out. The strength is when it comes out of nowhere, and then you don't see any more of it until you have forgotten about it.

Fair enough. I'm the last person to dictate points of taste to someone else.1 I'd still recommend giving it a look if you have the chance though.

Back on topic, my wallpaper randomiser just threw up this.2

post-4427-0-63075400-1344021116_thumb.jp

--------

1 My tastes are just bizarre...

2 If you've seen my introduction post,3 you'll know that this is a topic close to my heart...

3http://www.canterlot...ning-long-read/

• 2 weeks later...