"Warn Status" - ??

Chonico

Howdy!

I just noticed this little link at the bottom of my picture and information on each post that's marked "Warn Status" and I don't recall it being there before. At least I don't think it was, my attention to detail is from time to time lacking.

What's that for?

<<< This thing, right here.

Actually, I think I'm the only one that can see this. Can't spot it on any of the other member's post.

There's an obvious function to it?

Edit: Yeah, guess there is. Why would I want to warn myself? Or alter warning level? Is this like those yellow and orange code things at the airport? Heck, I'm not a risk to others, only to myself :mad:

Re-Edit: Ugh, I'm tempted to press the button thing that says "Alter Warning Level" but I don't know what it does :-|

I don't know if you can alter your own warning level...

But the Moderators and Admins CAN. It's for when you blatantly break rules. Three strikes you're out kind of thing. It's a new feature on this board. You can see your own Warn Status, but not the Warn Status of others. You should also be able to see what you've been warned for if your warning level goes up.

• Like 1

hi hi

I keep checking it to make sure, but so far, so good. :geek:

I keep checking mine to

it completely freaked me out when when I saw it XD I was so scared that I did something wrong and I was put on warn status

Don't worry about it ponies.

The facts:

* NO ONE else can see your 'warn status' besides yourself and Staff.

* You don't need to keep checking it, a little 'progress bar' will increase under the words 'Warn Status' if any notes have been added.

* You would have been contacted by a member of staff in some fashion about whatever it is you goofed on if you had a warning.

• Like 1

Does the warn status go back down ever? What are the grace periods? just curious.

Yes, the warning level can be put back down if it goes up. As for "grace periods", any troublesome users will be handled on a case-by-case basis, and warnings/punishments decided depending on the infringement and actions following.

• Like 1

QUESTION!

just saw the first banned member today :o .... so i was just wandering if its possible to know why it happened... again, if possible, and if it had to do with this or something different altogether.

Basically, they were a troll. They trolled the staff with questions they probably could have found the answer to if they'd taken the time to check the rules and just look around. They disobeyed rules, abused the reporting system, and did things that they were VERY SPECIFICALLY told not to do. We do try to give as many chances as we can.They ended up getting a TEMPORARY ban to show them we meant business, after many infrigements... then they created four new accounts to get around that. They were told how long the ban was for and how long they had to wait and that it was not permanent. This was also after three warnings. So, we WERE going to let them come back... but purposely trying to get around the ban was not okay. So, continued defiance of rules and staff was what this user was guilty of.

So nopony here should have to worry. :) Everypony here is pretty good about stopping whatever it is whenever staff say to stop. Also, on the off chance anypony does get a warning (which is actually kinda hard to do, seriously), your Warn Status can totally be lowered again.

• Like 1