Is there anything you DONT like about FIM?

Puck

Funny thing: Rarity is my 2nd-least favorite of the mane cast (Applejack beats her out with her stereotypical southern accent which I raeg when I hear it), but Rarity's VA, Tabitha St. Germain, is one of my favorites, and has done some of her best work ever as Rarity.

It doesn't add up!

I wouldn't say Applejack's southern accent is THAT stereotypical, you want a stereotypical southern character then Mater from Cars is what you want. Applejack really isn't too bad in that regard.

Well Mater is more or less Larry the Cable Guy's entire character, in the form of a vehicle.

It's just I'm originally from the from the southern USA and I just hate hearing it. We don't all talk like that...

It's funny, but Applejack's voice/accent/personality never really bothered me that much, even though I'm from the South myself and typically despise how the area gets treated by the media (Kyra Sedgwick's accent in The Closer will forever drive me nuts.) I could start a rant about all the unfair stereotypes, but this really isn't the place for it.

I guess the reason that AJ never bothered me that much is that, while no we don't all talk with a twang and wear cowboy hats and say gosh darn it ya'll and work on farms, it hasn't been made fun of really. It's not shown as a downside at all. There was the Cutie Marks episode where she goes to Manehattan and pretends to be a socialite, but even then we didn't see her accent and mannerisms ridiculed by anyone else as I was fully expecting to see. So, yes it's there, but it's not something that means she's looked down on, they're all shown as either positive or neutral traits, which goes a long way toward me being alright with how she's portrayed.

Not to mention, she's more faux-Texan than faux-Southern, which are two completely different things. :)

There was the Cutie Marks episode where she goes to Manehattan and pretends to be a socialite, but even then we didn't see her accent and mannerisms ridiculed by anyone else as I was fully expecting to see. So, yes it's there, but it's not something that means she's looked down on, they're all shown as either positive or neutral traits, which goes a long way toward me being alright with how she's portrayed.

If anything, in that episode the Manehattanites are the ones who are being cast in a negative light. They're jerks.

The fact that it's not airing in Australia yet :)

And the fact that it isnt on Bluray/DVD as of yet.

As for anything within the show, nothing really

Warning: Folowing Post made while thoroughly smashed, having over indulged in teh juice of Bacchhus.

Aussie! Oi! Aussie! Oi! Auiis AUissie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

The fact that it's not airing in Australia yet* :)

And the fact that it isnt on Bluray/DVD as of yet.

As for anything within the show, nothing really

Warning: Folowing Post made while thoroughly smashed, having over indulged in teh juice of Bacchhus.

Aussie! Oi! Aussie! Oi! Auiis AUissie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!

cell phones and pc's should be banned within a mile radius when drunk... seriously**

*add Latinamerica there.

**this post isnt bad, but you know.

i found feeling pinkie keen really contrived

and that's all im gonna say about that :/

I didn't really like most of that one the first time around, and it still kinda bugs me, but not for the reasons most people say. Yeah, the moral was kinda off, but mostly there were three things that I didn't like:

1) Pinkie gets new powers right outta nowhere for one episode and then it's never mentioned again. It's never even alluded to. At least The Stare kinda makes sense (though I'm not too happy with that either. Fluttershy should be badass because of her bursts of confidence and attitude, not because she has magic eyes).

2) Overly slapstick in the early parts. I'm okay with a little every now and then. That's funny. But I can't help but feel that dropping an anvil on Twilight is going a bit far.

3) Twlight is... kind of a ***** in this ep. She loses her temper over Pinkie Sense far too quickly and then acts awfully smug later on when she thinks she's right, which just seemed out of character.

These problems aside, I did just watch the episode again today and found it kinda fun, so I guess the ep wasn't ruined, it just wasn't the best.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, we all love the series, duh... but is there anything about the series you DON'T like?

For me, frankly i dont like most of the male characters... okay, Spike is alright, he has his good moments AND bad, just like everyone else, so he's cool... Big Macintosh is cool too, although he only has 2 scenes in the entire show, so theres not much to his actual character... Breaburn is alright, although a little too eager to show off the town...

But the bad ones... Hoity Toity, i suppose he's suppose to be prissy and uptight, since its kinda his job... but still, not a big fan... Prince blueblood though, to out it lightly, he's a douche... And Snips and Snails... Oh my god they are complete IDIOTS and i'm ashamed to share the same gender with them...

So yeah, thats about all i DONT like about the show... Really everything else is pretty awesome...

The only things that really bug me are plot (stop it) inconsistencies.

Like in Suited for Success, with Fluttershy's dress. She is supposed to know fashion, and brings rarity pictures of "french haute couture", and she ends up with a birdsnest on her head, and says that it's exactly what she asked for.

But it's really nitpicking at this point.

hi hi

More exciting answers to this difficult question can be found at the following thread. (It does get derailed on page 2, but manages to get back on track)

what dont you like about mlpfim.

To summarize my own thoughts:

• The term Cutie Mark Crusaders never sits well with me. As a student of classical history, the crusades are not something I associate with cute little ponies.

• Needs more Luna. In fact, maybe there should be a spinoff series about Luna's adventures. Surely she's out in the wide world doing interesting things since we never see her.

• Like 1

The only problems I can find are the following

1. Luna appears once, and hasn't appeared since. She's supposed to be co-Princess, give her some screen time.

That's it.

Well, its obvious why it has been that way. Princess Celestia is pink, and pink sells better than purple, right?