The worries of a 13 episode season 3.

(Sorry for two topics in one sitting, but I felt this was necessary)

I've been reading a lot of rumors and such of there being only 13 episodes in season 3. While I cannot confirm that there are 26, I can tell you this:

• There are 17(16 tomorrow) remaining episodes to season 2.
  • All of the writing for season 2 was done before the leaving of Lauren Faust.
  • There are a confirmed 13 episodes of season 3.

So what most of you don't realize, si that that is 30 episodes CONFIRMED and 17 already written. 30 episodes would be 30 weeks of episodes. 30 weeks would be at LEAST 7 months of episodes left to be aired. We don't know how season 2's ending will be, or if it will connect with the premiere of season 3, so I suggest you all stop worrying about the rumors, and just watch the show, and enjoy it. SEVEN months of episodes are yet to be aired, and that's if they don't change the episode every Saturday.

That would be at LEAST until June of next year. Who's to say they haven't already started writing more episodes for season 3? Nobody knows, and creating rumors isn't the answer. Neither is worrying about it. MAYBE the show will do better without Lauren? NOBODY knows.

So PLEASE quit worrying about it.

That is all.

Bear in mind we didn't get confirmation for Season 2 till closer to the end of Season 1. For all we know, the Hub orders 13 episodes at a time.

I'm willing to wager Season 3 will ultimately end up with 26 episodes again. I think they just need to justify it with ratings as Season 2 progresses (seeing as how Hasbro is a publicly traded company, they need numbers to prove their decisions to investors.)

I too believe that worrying about the future is senseless. All we can do is keep doing whatever we can do to support the show. :)

I would be more worried about the HUB in general than the show itself. I think MLPFiM would have to find another network to air its show before the show is cancelled, too.

Not worried at all. I don't mind when shows only last a few seasons. It gives them less time to jump the shark.

My three favorite shows of all time lasted less than two seasons, and most of them only one: Freaks and Geeks, Twin Peaks and Firefly.

Not worried at all. I don't mind when shows only last a few seasons. It gives them less time to jump the shark.

My three favorite shows of all time lasted less than two seasons, and most of them only one: Freaks and Geeks, Twin Peaks and Firefly.

Yeah, three seasons for cartoons meant for kids is considered pretty long. If they do a full season three for a grand total of 78 episodes and that is it; I will be suitably impressed. Plus holy cow, 78 whole episodes of FiM! :o

I could see Cartoon network airing the show during it's early, or night time block. (6-8PM night time)

or even Nick, but I can't say for sure, nobody can. The show seems to be fit perfectly with the existing shows on Cartoon Network, though.

Outside of the U.S, FiM is actually aired on a few global CN channels.

Not only that, but much of the crew (James Wooten wrote a TON of Ed, Edd, n Eddy episodes, Tara Strong was a voice actress for a bunch of their shows, etc.) has already worked with CN, so I'm sure they wouldn't object...

...Then again, CN is currently too busy drilling themselves into the ground with horseapples to care about quality cartoons...

like Simpsons and Family Guy already did with South Park coming dangerously close

Personally if MLP is cancelled after season 3 it might be for the best, seeing the hue and cry that comes up regarding how "MLP is ruined and terribad" after each episode

About the 13 that was confirmed, the rumor I heard was that they were trying to reach strip syndication.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_syndication

Strip/daily syndication

Off-network syndication can take several forms. The most common form is known as strip syndication or daily syndication, when episodes of a television series are shown daily five times a week. Typically, this means that enough episodes must exist (88 episodes, or four seasons, is the usual minimum,[4] though many syndicators prefer a fully rounded 100 episodes) to allow for continual strip syndication to take place over the course of several months, without episodes being shown again. However, there are exceptions, such as the 65-episode block (common in children's programming), which allows for a 13-week cycle of daily showings, so there will only be four repeats in a year.

Strip syndication is common for animated series that run on off-network channels. 65 is a good minimum to have, so that the channel can show an episode every weekday and only have 4 repeats per year.

26 season 1 episodes + 26 season 2 episodes + 13 season 3 episodes = 65.

The showrunners are looking towards the future of the show, and syndication is not exempt from that. Imagine the royalties Lauren and Co. will get once it gets there.

Babylon 5 lasted like 5 seasons, Firefly lasted like 2 seasons.

Every good thing comes to an end.

Cept Doctor Who. That's still going :D

Firefly was only one season with 14 episodes and a movie. :P

Babylon 5 was almost four seasons, JMS thought they were going to cancel the series after season four; that s why he shoved so much into that season, he really thought it was going to end and wrote it with that in mind.

Again I wouldn'r worry about it. If they stopped airing new episodes today and didn't announce it, the pony community would still be around and do their crazy things. The talk about the show ending is the only thing that scares people. The actual event when the show ends, wont nearly be as tragic. It's why i kinda rolled my eyes when a season 3 rumor was first heard. So what if season 3 gets confirmed? We'll be rumoring for season 4, then and the cycle continues.

hi hi

I still have yet to see B5 past the first season, but everyone I know who's watched it says to not bother with the 5th season. However, I don't think that'd be a problem with Friendship is Magic because its episodic in nature and we don't have to worry about the story ending early.

The fifth season is still pretty good, it was just that all that was crammed into the fourth season (which does make it really intense) was originally supposed to take up half of season five. Still, the season has its own stories and decent arcs, and deals with the aftermath of all that happened in season 1-4, with everything tying up in the end.