Episode 14 synopsis

Whitehawke

EDITED: Confirmed as episode 14.

Season 2 Episode 14: The Last Roundup

Synopsis: Applejack disappears and the friends set out on a journey to find her

Airs January 21st, so no skip week.

ORIGINAL POST:

The following image is represents a DVD containing 5 episodes of the show from both current seasons. The catch? One of them hasn't even been revealed yet.

1.JPG

Could this "The Last Roundup" be the long awaited Applejack episode me and Phil have been craving for? Certainly sounds like there will be some herding, and that's one of AJ's talents. :smug:

For now, we can only take guesses at what the episode will be about, though when I get a synopsis I'll change the topic title to "Episode XX synopsis".

Certainly sounds good! Would love a new episode about AJ! Her character definitely needs some development.

I'm betting this episode will probably be coming up soon after "Family Appreciation Day". If so, can't wait for a Applejack episode! Took us almost a full season, but it sounds like we'll finally get the long-awaited Applejack episode!

I think this deserves an enthusiastic YEE-HAW!

It can't be too far away in the airing schedule - my understanding is that the episodes late in this season aren't ready to be released yet. Hasbro would want to be pretty solidly confident in an episode's integrity before releasing it on DVD, so I think it'll be episode 15 of this season at the latest.

It does sound like an Applejack episode. While I love Applejack's apple farming scenes, it's always interesting to see what else goes on in Sweet Apple Acres. So far, we've seen apple bucking, corn harvesting, winegrape juice making, pig farming (for truffles, apparently), sheep herding (presumably for wool), and possibly chicken farming for eggs (unless those were Fluttershy's chickens in "Sisterhooves Social"). The title is a bit ominous - if I saw a fanfiction with that name, I'd assume it had something to do with a death in the Apple family. Probably not, but we'll see.

YAY for "OVER A BARREL!"

That's one of my fave eps!

Maybe the "Last Roundup" will be in Appleoosa too?

(one can only hope...)

:D:D:D:D

I think it's possible based on the implied train theme in the DVD's title. As of today two of the episodes ("Over a Barrel" and "Hearth's Warming Eve") both involve the ponies riding a train at some point. Based on that there's a good chance that "the Last Roundup" will be about AJ and co. taking a train to another location (possibly Aaaa-pplelossa) for a rodeo.

There's a synopsis here, but it's only from Wikipedia and the source is that site selling the DVD, which doesn't seem to have an episode synopsis, so the reliability is doubtful, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

It reads 'applejack tries to save ponyville when her evil sister comes to town'.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic_episodes, if anypony wants to see)

• Like 1

No offence, I mean I quote Wikis all the time, but... that doesnt really fit with the overall theme of FiM in my opinion... Not that I'd rule it out, since imo Over a Barrel and MMDW also didnt fit... but I wouldnt hold my breath on that...

I don't know, I think going for a sort of Western showdown motif could actually be very successful for an Applejack episode.

It's probably not true, but I can actually very easily see a plot like that working fine.

It's probably not true, but I can actually very easily see a plot like that working fine.

Well you gotta remember, the ting about evil siblings is they have to be dealt with. It's almost impossible to make them 'not evil' so they have to be killed, put in jail, shot into outer space, etc. There really isnt a clean way the mane 6 can handle it (which is a little disappointing, I love "evil twin" episodes, even more so when "cant get in trouble for nuthin'" is invoked!)

Well, I wasn't taking evil to be absolute evil there. That indeed wouldn't really work for the show.

But if she's only kind of bad and can somehow be reformed to an extent, I think that could work fine.

There's a synopsis here, but it's only from Wikipedia and the source is that site selling the DVD, which doesn't seem to have an episode synopsis, so the reliability is doubtful, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

It reads 'applejack tries to save ponyville when her evil sister comes to town'.

(http://en.wikipedia...._Magic_episodes, if anypony wants to see)

Evil Sister? In the Apple family?

Oh well, even the Apple family could have a ROTTEN one in the 'bushel.'

What is the evil Apple going to do? Try to flatten Ponyville with a stampede?

Wait a minute! What if the 'evil' Apple had something to with the 'missing' parents?

Could the evil sister have left Sweet Apple Acres cause she couldn't get along with sweet old Granny Smith?

Is this evil sister older than JA? Older than Big Mac?

So many questions, so few answers.....

You know, whenever I see you do one of those reaction images, tales, I try to imagine what your bookmark folder must look like.

Ponies

Reaction Images

Cool images

Wallpaper

ETC.

Reaction Images

Happy

Sad

Angry

Derpy

etc.

Sad

Twilight

Aj

Luna

etc.

I'd say you googled them, but I've seen how quickly you bring them up.

Well you gotta remember, the ting about evil siblings is they have to be dealt with. It's almost impossible to make them 'not evil' so they have to be killed, put in jail, shot into outer space, etc. There really isnt a clean way the mane 6 can handle it (which is a little disappointing, I love "evil twin" episodes, even more so when "cant get in trouble for nuthin'" is invoked!)

Not if they were 'evil' in the sense that Gilda the Griffon was 'evil'. Taking 'evil' here to just mean 'really, really mean' she could literally make a huffy exit at the end of the episode and never be seen again, just like Gilda.

And to those pointing out the unreliability of the source - I know. I said so myself. Like I said, I just noticed it and thought I'd bring it up.

There's a synopsis here, but it's only from Wikipedia and the source is that site selling the DVD, which doesn't seem to have an episode synopsis, so the reliability is doubtful, but I thought I'd throw it in there. It reads 'applejack tries to save ponyville when her evil sister comes to town'. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic_episodes, if anypony wants to see)

That synopsis has since been removed. Interpret that as you will but until I see some sort of press release, I am going to go with the idea we know nothing about the episode yet.

Last Roundup... could it be an episode where Granny Smith dies?

I mean death is not a subject not touched yet in this show, much less any show as death is usually thought of as something forbidden in kids animation shows these days but its possible.

But maybe we could get a episode centered around the moral "How we deal with death is just as important as we deal with life", as kids got to know how to deal with death sometime