Sports Ponies

weesh

Imagine...

Each of the mane six are humans in our world, and each plays a sport. Which do they choose?

Here is my preliminary selection:

AJ - Roller Derby

FS - Curling

PP - Field Hockey (I reject cheer leading as a sport)

Ra - Golf

RD - Water Polo

TS - Swimming (and her technique is perfect)

I would guess that AJ, RD, and TS are actually good at the sports they choose...

That's actually rather accurate. However, I disagree with FS doing curling. If dog training can be considered a sport, then she would probably do that, at least more so than curling. I could also see her picking up golf too; quiet, relaxing, outdoors, seems like FS would enjoy as well as Rarity. Assuming no doubles, then I guess curling is as good as it's going to get with FS, short of being a side-line supporter.

However, I disagree with FS doing curling. If dog training can be considered a sport, then she would probably do that, at least more so than curling. I could also see her picking up golf too; quiet, relaxing, outdoors, seems like FS would enjoy as well as Rarity.

I picked curling because it can be casual, relaxing, inexact and is a relatively quiet team sport. But yeah, coming up with one for FS was the hardest. I don't dislike the suggestion of golf, if only because she would be playing for a completely different reason than Rarity.

Sled Dog Racing is a legitimate sport, but physically demanding and thus not for FS.

Fluttershy- horse back riding

Am...I the only one that thinks that is creepy? Even if it is a good choice it is unsettling...

RD- racing. any type of racing

Wow, how did I miss that? Track and Field perhaps? I guess I was thinking about being fast and furious with maneuverability also being important.

Am...I the only one that thinks that is creepy? Even if it is a good choice it is unsettling...

ah, I didn't even notice that XD that's actually really awesome

I can see what you're saying, but you did say she was a human playing this sport :P

Yeah, before I even saw Angie's answer I totally thought horseback riding for Shy~ xD

I imagine that she'd be rather elegant at Dressage.

And now that I think about it... I could almost see it fitting Rarity too.

However, I can't decide if she'd be disgusted by having to groom a big, sweaty animal or if she'd relish in making it look FABULOUS~

Also. Pinkie Pie: PROFESSIONAL DODGEBALL >:3

• Like 1

hi hi

Applejack: Basketball - she's got the charger spirit to drive to the basket and her lasso throwing agility would translate well into shooting hoops. (Volleyball was a runner up)

Rainbow Dash: Track - I mean... its practically stated as her special talent. (The day I discovered racing, etc. etc.)

Rarity: Archery

Pinkie Pie: Figure Skating - Ever since she was a liddle widdle, itty bitty, twinkie pinkie.

Twilight Sparkle: Table Tennis - Requires as much planning as it does action. (Runners up were American Football, but only the quarterback position and Martial Arts all of which require quick thinking.)

Fluttershy: Synchronized Swimming - Nopony has her elegance and poise... Nopony. (also, monkeyback riding?)

• Like 1

Pinkie Pie: Figure Skating - Ever since she was a liddle widdle, itty bitty, twinkie pinkie.

I forgot she did that during the Winter Wrap-Up... although it was more like making a grid-type pattern rather than actual figures, but the point still stands that she's good at it.

I also forgot the point that Dash is a racer, so she probably would pick up Track & Field. Soccer/Football would also probably be a good runner up.

I just thought of an appropriate, but inappropriate choice for Applejack: barrel racing at a rodeo. <shudder>

No, I'm going back to Roller Derby. She would be a fiendish blocker. Remember her race with Rainbow Dash? Wait, maybe Rainbow Dash should be roller derby too, but as a Jammer.

• 2 weeks later...

Twilight Sparkle: Chess.

Rainbow Dash: Top fuel drag racing. Also, she participates in the Bonneville Speedweek. Either that, or Reno Air Races, Unlimited class, piloting a seriously souped-up North American P-51D Mustang.

Rarity: Cricket.

Fluttershy: Most likely something that involves animals. Which stay alive, of course, so no hunting.

Pinkie Pie: As already mentioned, figure skating.

Applejack: NASCAR.

Hm, how about some of the other ponies?

Apple Bloom: Kung Fu.

Scootaloo: Moto-cross.

Snails: Ice hockey, eh?

The Dude and his buddies: Bowling. Duh.

Ace: Tennis. Please, he is André Agassi.

Seafoam: Anything that involves swimming. Think Dean Wilson (Animalympics).

Archer: Well, archery.

Twilight Sparkle: Chess.

Rainbow Dash: Top fuel drag racing. Also, she participates in the Bonneville Speedweek. Either that, or Reno Air Races, Unlimited class, piloting a seriously souped-up North American P-51D Mustang.

Rarity: Cricket.

Fluttershy: Most likely something that involves animals. Which stay alive, of course, so no hunting.

Pinkie Pie: As already mentioned, figure skating.

Applejack: NASCAR.

Hm, how about some of the other ponies?

Apple Bloom: Kung Fu.

Scootaloo: Moto-cross.

Snails: Ice hockey, eh?

The Dude and his buddies: Bowling. Duh.

Ace: Tennis. Please, he is André Agassi.

Seafoam: Anything that involves swimming. Think Dean Wilson (Animalympics).

Archer: Well, archery.

Very good, I agree with almost everything.

Rainbow might also be interested in f1.

Rarity might also be interested in polo. Basically her sport has to be one of influential people would be interested in playing.

Fluttershy I disagree with though, because most sports involving animals exploit them, and she wouldn't do that. I personally think of any sport that would particularly suit her... The only sport involving animals that I could see is horse racing maybe, because the horses are better treated than most other animals used in sports, but she'd more likely be the trainer than the jockey.

Rainbow Dash- Soccer

Fluttershy- She's kinda hard....I might be able to see her playing golf as it's pretty calm. Maybe more like put-put, since she probably wouldn't take massive sings

Rarity- Tennis

AppleJack- NASCAR. What else is this southern pony supposed to do? :smug: I could maybe see her playing baseball too.

Twilight- Something that takes a lot of skill...I could see her as a bowler. I used to bowl and if you want to be advanced you can try all the different kinds of balls and throws.

Pinkie Pie- Basketball. She's so bouncy everything would be a slam dunk.

AJ: Rugby? Prehaps?

Twi: Chess or field hockey. Field hockey is awesome. I can also see her playing soccer.

RD: Track and Field. Sprinter.

Fluttershy: yoga. Bonsai. I have no idea... Competitive... animal rearing? Dancing?

Pinkie: Figure skating? Calvinball? I have less of an idea for Pinkie than I do for fluttershy. Dodgeball?

Rarity: golf or tennis. I struggle to see rarity doing archery.

Fluttershy- She's kinda hard....I might be able to see her playing golf as it's pretty calm. Maybe more like put-put, since she probably wouldn't take massive sings

Alright, this is my favorite answer for FS.

Pinkie: ...Calvinball?...

Not bad. Are you an xkcd reader by chance?

Applejack: Bullriding, of course.

Rainbow Dash: Olympics (AKA, everything)

Pinkie Pie: Softball. she looks like she's pretty good and chucking things.

Fluttershy: Equestrian (horse joke)

Rarity: Cricket

Twilight Sparkle: Running races.