• Empress Fluttershy
    • Queen Pinkie pie
    • Queen Luna
    • Queen celstia
    • King Discord
    • Queen Nightmare moon
    • King Big Mac
    • Queen derpy

Uh, Discord anyone? Seriously, cotton candy clouds that rain chocolate milk. COTTON CANDY CLOUDS THAT RAIN CHOCOLATE MILK!

If it wasn't for the fact that he screwed with everyones minds in the process, Discord's world/empire/kingdom would be the coolest world/empire/kingdom EVER.

SHE is the KING? You're implying that she's a male...

... Nightmare Moon for the win. Eternal night? I'm okay with that. I am in love with the moon IRL (I actually called it Luna before I ever heard of FiM). Also - awesome eyes. Enough said.

You are aware that Luna is Spanish for moon right? Also the name of the Moon in The Bear In the Big Blue House?

It's nothing particularly special about you calling the moon Luna before FIM..XD you..were still calling it "Moon"

Well, process of elimination...

Fluttershy is too timid to rule. A monarch needs a firm hoof.

A vote for Pinkie Pie sounds good at first, but in the long run that's practically a vote for Discord...

Elect Luna and she'll run things as was suitable 1000 years ago, and we'll all be living in the dark ages.

With Discord you don't know what in the hell you're getting...

Night Mare Moon is... um... a baddie?

Big Mac would just agree with anything anypony said. Chaos would quickly surge up and overrun Equestria.

I don't know enough about Derpy as a pony to put the fate of the world into her hooves... plus, don't tell her I said this, but she's kinda ditzy :P

So, in conclusion, Celestia (or indeed 'Celstia') seems to have done a pretty good job for the last Celestia-knows-how-many-years. I'll go with her :)

Three Ponies for the Elven-kings under the sky,

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Pony to rule them all, One Pony to find them,

One Pony to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Discord would be an excellent choice for a ruler. Strong, confident, keen, well-spoken(compared to some of the other choices) and capable of undermining the efforts of his foes with powerful magic and trickery. A perfect ruler for an empire destined to consume the world with its might.

Under his rule, we will forge a path to victory and leave a trail of destruction(and candy)!

Three Ponies for the Elven-kings under the sky,

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

One Pony to rule them all, One Pony to find them,

One Pony to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

You are my new best friend.

*Sings* Gone are the days of the gift of Chocolate Rain, An o-casion-al va-ri-ety now never to come again,

"Chaotic" and "uncontroled" is a refuge for the sane! Some have to defy it, some think of it as pain!

An Alicorn's Desire, attempts to welcome Harmony

Triy te crete order and force responcibility

Over throw the king over claims of so-called Anarchy,

Now all are forced to labor 'neith celestia's Tyrany!

EDIT:

Though we all know when Celestia steps down, Twilight will become Queen...

*Sings* Gone are the days of the gift of Chocolate Rain, An o-casion-al va-ri-ety now never to come again,

"Chaotic" and "uncontroled" is a refuge for the sane! Some have to defy it, some think of it as pain!

An Alicorn's Desire, attempts to welcome Harmony

Triy te crete order and force responcibility

Over throw the king over claims of so-called Anarchy,

Now all are forced to labor 'neith celestia's Tyrany!

EDIT:

Though we all know when Celestia steps down, Twilight will become Queen...

I don't think she'll ever step down... now a vacation on the other hand... yeah twilight will rule then. I mean Celestia hasn't had a break in over 1000 years, I think she is long overdue.

I don't think she'll ever step down... now a vacation on the other hand... yeah twilight will rule then. I mean Celestia hasn't had a break in over 1000 years, I think she is long overdue.

She seems to be the master of sustainable rule.

She invited the mane 6 to the gala just to liven things up, she gets away from Canterlot on multiple occasions of no royal import, she never seemes stressed, and it seems that apart from the sun and moon thing, her primary activities are relational. I can only assume that she has help in the more administrative side of the job.

She was able to show up at dusk in lesson zero with little prior notice, so she likely isn't constantly confined by her duties.

She seems to be the master of sustainable rule.

She invited the mane 6 to the gala just to liven things up, she gets away from Canterlot on multiple occasions of no royal import, she never seemes stressed, and it seems that apart from the sun and moon thing, her primary activities are relational. I can only assume that she has help in the more administrative side of the job.

She was able to show up at dusk in lesson zero with little prior notice, so she likely isn't constantly confined by her duties.

Touche. Well played. Though lesson zero was her tending to get duties, specifically the looking after her protegee. Luna can't do that so celestia gets a pass with that one IMO.

The rest, I can only theorize against, we don't know enough, except for the gala thing.