Episode 15 synopsis

Whitehawke

Season 2 Episode 15

Airdate: 1/28/12

Title: The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

Description: The Flim Flam brothers challenge the Apples to a Cider Making Contest for the farm.

Alcohol? In My Little Pony?

It's more likely than you think.

More AJ (Although this might actually be Apple family as a whole) is always welcome to me. :smug:

What does this have to do with alcohol? Apple cider is often non-alcoholic.

Though we've had plenty of alcohol references in the show before.

I just took the opportunity to make a joke about it, it's likely not going to be hard cider.

Although when I think about it, the international release of this episode will probably get edited for UK broadcasting, since over there cider is apparently always alcoholic.

Pinkie's getting an episode soon too (Baby Cakes), and we know she's got a song that most likely will come up. Fluttershy might not have gotten an episode yet, but at least she got a song duet with Rainbow.

The real loser here is Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle got herself an episode with Rarity, while Apple Bloom got 2 episodes herself this season.

Why not Zoidberg Scootaloo, writers? :cry:

Of course, considering how AJ went from no episodes to 2 already, this can easily be redeemed quickly.

Oh yeah. That Pinkie Pie episode slipped my mind entirely somehow. Guess it's just Fluttershy fans then.

And yeah, Scootaloo does need more development...

Well, even with 15 episodes revealed there are still probably 11 more after that this season. Plenty of room for both Fluttershy and Scootaloo.

They're doing it again. That thing where they release episodes in character clusters. We had 'Sisterhooves Social', 'Sweet and Elite' and 'Secret of my Excess', all Rarity-centric, in quick succession, and of course there was the 'May the Best Pet Win' and 'Mysterious Mare-Do-Well' couple for Dash, one right after another. Now, with 'Family Appreciation Day', 'The Last Roundup' and this one, it looks like it's Applejack's turn.

They need a new scheduling guy. These episodes would run much smoother, I think, if the character themed ones were spaced out.

YAY! New foes! The Flim Flam Brothers!

I'm ALWAYS in favor of an Apple family story and especially one with new 'enemies' in it!

To steal a line from Rainbow Dash: "This is going to be SO AWESOME!"

:D:D:D:D

Pinkie's getting an episode soon too (Baby Cakes), and we know she's got a song that most likely will come up. Fluttershy might not have gotten an episode yet, but at least she got a song duet with Rainbow.

The real loser here is Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle got herself an episode with Rarity, while Apple Bloom got 2 episodes herself this season.

Why not Zoidberg Scootaloo, writers? :cry:

Of course, considering how AJ went from no episodes to 2 already, this can easily be redeemed quickly.

Now I am hearing there is as many as 28 episodes this season, so still plenty of time for Scootaloo, so I am not going to count her out yet.

Meanwhile I will just sit here psyched over the fact there are two.. count them two, AJ episodes in a row! :smug:

Also "Flim Flam Brothers" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I really hope the Flim Flam Brothers are something like the Wright Brothers. That would be adorable, plus it would be two southern type families in rivalry; one with the new technology and the old fashioned family.

That would be very interesting, although for some reason I keep seeing as something akin to Twenties era gangsters in my mind. :-| I guess it is because of the name "Flim Flam".

I'd like for this to be a Big Macintosh bonding with Apple Bloom episode.

This. So much this.

Unfortunately, we've already had an episode this season with a moral about siblings, so it's not likely :-(

However, if the whole Apple family is involved in this contest, SURELY that means more actual dialogue for Big Macintosh?

My best guess is that the (or a, they've had more than one before) moral of the episode will be something about not rising to taunts, especially when you end up dragging other ponies into your mess. From the synopsis, it sounds like Applejack got goaded into taking the wager by an insult to her cider-making ability - that's the only way I can see her making such an unwise bet.