Ponies that should be toys

Bronynumber299

Hi guys me and my sister were talking earlier and she brought up a good point that some ponies should have there own toys. Most of them are background ponies but hey we like them. So here is the list:

derpy hooves/ditzy doo

octavia

dj pon3/vinyl scratch

lyra/bon bon

nightmare moon

luna

cutie mark crusaders

discord

big macontosh

granny smith

and filly versions

cmc already have their own toys... same with Luna, big mac and technically lyra (though lyra and big mac are the grab bag ponies if I remember correctly)

who else can I think of...

probably silver spoon, diamond tiarra and trixie. even if they're mean, I still think they'd sell well as toys if they made the description on the packaging horribly innacurate.

mm, the pets should all be made into toy versions. there are bunny, turtle, cat, dog and owl pets, but they aren't the ones from the show

also any background ponies that aren't exactly fan-favourites would probably sell well too. they all have bright colours, and a good number of bronies would probably buy them just because they saw them on the show (I know I would)

We've never had any shortage of new toys that SHOULD be made. Just a shortage of ones that it's likely ever WILL be made.

For a massively successful toy company, Hasbro's really being kind of slow, turning a blind eye to bronies when it comes to merchandise. I understand that, since we're not their original/standard target market, and maybe they're scared that we're not a reliable source of income, they might not want to throw all their weight behind show-accurate toys for us, but would it be such a big risk to maybe make a trial of one set of toys that are aimed at us? Something like the gift set but with all the mane six, a non-pink Celestia, pets that resemble their animated counterparts. If they did that just to test the waters, and saw how eager a lot of us would be to purchase, I think they might open their minds a little to whom they were marketing their products to.

A Discord toy would be awesome, as would a Nightmare Moon.

Also would love to see Trixie and especially Gilda. :)

Show accurate Mane 6 are the most important thing though, I think. ;)

A Discord toy would be awesome, as would a Nightmare Moon.

Also would love to see Trixie and especially Gilda. :)

Show accurate Mane 6 are the most important thing though, I think. ;-)

I saw a (brony-made) Discord on ED one day, it was awesome, It made me really want to see an official toy. I dont care what other say, I think a plush discord is cute and huggable!

I'd swear threre was a Trixie made... though I might be wrong, it could have been a custom I saw...

There *are* show-accurage mane-6 (I have a set I'm watching!) They're sold at Toys-R-Us and apparently Big Lots, as per the pics that Tales posted a while back somewhere on the site...

Im sorry I didnt know they had cutie mark crusaders and big mac or luna. I just dont think they have them in canada i geuss were behind :sad::wail:

everything I learned about pony toys, I learned here :)

http://www.strawberryreef.com/Index/Year/2011.html

I'd personally like to see some male ponies! The same size as the regular pony dolls we have now! I know they released some "big brother" figures in previous gens, so it's not like it's unprecidented. I don't think they've ever released villain toys in previous gens, though. (Because, you know, little girls never enjoy acting out conflict or fighting with their toys ever, they are all sweet precious little angels all of the time.)

Little girls could still brush boy ponies' pretty pretty hair! Or, y'know, do what most little kids do and either tangle it horribly or cut it all off. Toys with brushable hair only last so long in the grips of small children. ("I think she needs a haircut! ... Mommm where are the scissors?")

I mean, c'mon. If they're relying on little girl stereotypes to guide their marketing decisions, they should at least keep in mind that stuff like Ken dolls were marketed to little girls too. I have no doubt that they did not sell as well as the Barbie dolls, but I remember that a lot of playtime with my friends involved pairing up our toys. I don't know how many times we performed weddings for Simba and Nala. Little girls will find girly ways to play with male toys!

Which ponies? ALL of them. :P

Snip

wow...

There sure have been a lot of ponies released, most of them terrible! some of the small plastic ones look okay, the rest are... not good.

snip

This.

In relation to the weddings, for me as a kid (one of my best friends was a girl) it was about going to the moon, saving scientists or miners and luna eclipses in the jungle with tribes and stuff. With Lego.

we both were weird, okay?

My point is you are right, as kids we come up with lots of ways to play with toys.

Sandra and woo did a comic on this issue, here.

EDIT: yesss, got the link to work first time!