Dessa

52 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Chimicherry?
    • Cherrychanga?
  2. 2. ???

• Picklebarrel?
    • Kumquat?

Where was the "both sound equally disgusting" choice in the first one? I like chimichangas, but the idea of adding cherries to them is is awful. The names are cute though, and the second one is much more evocative, so that is what I went for.

Where was the "both sound equally disgusting" choice in the first one? I like chimichangas, but the idea of adding cherries to them is is awful. The names are cute though, and the second one is much more evocative, so that is what I went for.

Think of it like a caramel-apple empanada, but with cherries. Deep fried sweets are the best kind of sweets, IMO.

Chimicherry sounds like its more a play on chimichurri than chimichanga, so it's probably a worse name for the dish. it sounds more natural to me than cherrychanga though, so I voted for it anyway.

Also voted kumquat because it's just an awesome word.

hi hi

I don't even remember which one I voted for anymore... and that scares me a bit. But at the moment, I think cherrychanga sounds better. It rolls off the tongue easier.

Also, courtesy of Equestria Daily:

1.JPG

1.JPG

^ With recipe courtesy of Tyelle of Furaffinity

• 20oz of cherry pie filling.

• 0 to 2 tablespoons of sugar, optional. (if you don't like tart cherries)

• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

• ~9 soft shelled tortillas

• 1 egg

• Powdered sugar for topping (optional)

Warm tortillas to prevent breaking while folding. Heat pie filling and stir in sugar and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved. Mash up the cherries with a potato masher. Turn heat to low and allow filling to cool somewhat. Place ~2 tablespoons of filling in each tortilla and brush egg around the edge before folding. Pan fry in peanut oil. (place seam down and lightly hold down with spoon.) When one side starts to brown, flip it. When the other side starts to brown, remove from oil and let drain on a paper towel. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Apple-Cherrychangas

1.JPG

1.JPG

Tough decision.... Chimycherry or Cherrychunga? Chimycherry Cherrychunga Chimycherry Cherrychunga Chimycherry Cherrychunga Chimycherry Cherrychunga?

:roll:

Oops. Sorry AJ.

Anyway I went with Cherrychunga

As for the second question I chose Kumkuat because it it an interesting word for an interesting fruit.

Alas, the forum software doesn't allow crosstabs that. As for it showing the names of who voted for what, I didn't see the option when I made the poll, and if it was there, it isn't there now when I try to edit it.

That's one thing the old style forum just has up on this one. Polls.

Cherrychanga and Kumquat for me.

Thanks to this episode, I made chimichangas for dinner that day. If I had cherries though, I might have been adventurous.

Kumquat... what the hay is a kumquat? Is it even in the produce section? Cause I looked and looked and couldn't find one.

I'm starting to think there is a correlation between choosing the two... Cerrychanga begets a choice in Kumquat and Chimicherry begets choice in picklebarrel. This is just an assumption though based on responses here and my own choice (also cherrychanga and kumquat btw <3)

Would make sense since they are almost identical too... :P

If I had the materials I'd totally try making a cherrychanga too... looks delicious. :) (This is despite the fact that I suck at cooking)

Cherrychanga and Kumquat for me.

Thanks to this episode, I made chimichangas for dinner that day. If I had cherries though, I might have been adventurous.

Kumquat... what the hay is a kumquat? Is it even in the produce section? Cause I looked and looked and couldn't find one.

They're like teensy tiny oranges with sweet peels and sour "meat."