The Art of Snow-War (continued from event forum)

Frain Breeze

-Begin OOC-

This is a continuation of "The Art of Snow-War". It didn't get very far at all, and is now being continued in this forum due to expectations the event forum will end. And so sorry for taking so long to make this thread, guys! :-| If any of you from the previous thread do not wish to continue, just let me know.

There is currently 1 open space on the red team. (Though I don't have anything against somepony joining as an "interference" player to mess with the teams, if it makes the RP more fun)

-End of OOC-

Lady Lanceguard waited a moment for the rest of the blue team to arrive, then spoke, "Tactics, everypony! Seeing as there are six of us, and two primary objectives- defend our fort, and pummel the enemy with snowballs- we should split into groups of three. The defense group shall stay at the fort- Two of you will face the front, and the third will take on a support and lookout role. The offense group shall maintain a tight triangular formation at all times. The pony in the rear of this formation must be our best catcher. This will ensure that if one of our leading attackers goes down, he or she can be brought immediately back into action. Finally, one thing that applies to both groups- if your opponents are spread out, focus on one at a time so you need not worry about them outflanking you. Have you any questions?"

Lanceguard took a quick look around at the group, and was suddenly concerned about her usual position as one of the attackers. "Now... since it looks like this snowball fight will primarily be an air battle, I feel I would only hinder our attacking forces. I will remain at our fort as one of the defenders, but do not expect me to have a passive role. I am quite capable of flinging snowballs at long range."

-OOC again-

Useful info section.

Rules summary:

1. A team wins when all of the opponents are down, or they occupy the enemy base for 10 seconds with nobody else in it.

2. Three hits and you're down. HIts to the hooves(/claws/paws) or tail do not count.

3. To bring a downed teammate back in, stand over them and catch an enemy's snowball.

4. Pegasi (and griffons) may not use weather control or fly above tree height.

Battlefield map:

snowballbattlefield.jpg

Current teams: (asterisks are number of hits remaining until the character is out)

Red Team:

***Gilda

***Dynamite (purple earth pony colt)

***Star "Hoss" Skybright (brown pegasus stallion)

***Thunder Storm (yellow-ochre pegasus colt)

***Jammy (off-yellow pegasus stallion)

Blue Team:

***Lady Lanceguard (brown unicorn mare)

***Powdered Snow (light grey pegasus filly)

***Pine Cone (brown pegasus stallion)

***Whirlwind (pink pegasus filly with missing leg)

***Shanna Skybright (brown pegasus mare)

***Thunderflash (dark gray pegasus stallion) [backed out from thread]

Posting order (I think)-

Frain Breeze

Imagination

Phil the Time Wizard

McWinniage

Boss_Hoss1

ThunderFlash (backed out)

VinylScratch

Tornadopelt

Pinecone

Ancre

(Here he is :P Wanted to wait for the topic to move before I posted him in)

There was a late arrival!

On his way back to Cloudsdale, he spotted a pretty nice looking field! With snowy buildings! Neat! But there was something different... Hovering above the battlefield, he noticed two groups of ponies, one blue, one red... upon even CLOSER inspection, the snowy buildings had a corresponding flag on them! What's this? Zipping down onto the bridge, he noticed a couple of red capes left behind. "Huh. Cool..." He liked red! But what was this? Something one had to sign up for? A family thing? He honestly had no clue what was going on. Looking around, it seemed there were piles of snowballs all around... A snowball fight?! "Awesome!!" he exclaimed in excitement to himself. Though after a moment of standing on the bridge, blankly staring at the capes and getting lost in thought, Jammy eventually came to the conclusion: 'I should take this cape and go to the red fort'. So he did just that!

But he wasn't going to just wear a cape like some superhero. Ho no. This was a battle! After grabbing his cape and dashing on over to the red fort to catch up with the others, he had tied his red cape into a sort of face mask, covering his muzzle and giving him a sort of 'assassin' look. Totally cool. Besides being the only one dressed differently, he wondered if the others would notice that he was a completely new arrival. Though he did notice a griffon in the team, and she seemed to carry herself with a confidence and authority that only a leader would have... Looks like he found the boss!

Back at the red team fort, Gilda noticed a new team member come to her side. She smirked at the yellow stallion. He didn't look like he entirely knew what he was getting into, but she was happy to have another pony on her side to even things out a bit. She was determined to win this.

"Welcome to the team," she said. "You put that cape on, so you better be ready to hold your own."

She smirked deviously and nodded to the team. "Okay, guys, here's the plan." she gave a laugh. "We crush them. It really shouldn't be any more complicated than that. Only dweebs exhaust themselves over planning things. Battles like this are won with simple, raw brutal force."

"Don't be a loser. Letting them beat you does one thing: prove how lame you are. You screw up, don't expect my sympathies," Gilda continued to give her speech to the team. "Stick it to these losers. Don't hold back, even if it means getting a little dirty, do whatever it takes. Prove your better than them. They're the dweebs and you're not. Make 'em see that."

"Now then," the griffin continued. "Looks like most of us have got wings. That puts us at a natural advantage in the field. And since most of them got wings too, that puts my grounded lieutenant here at a bit of a disadvantage," Gilda nodded to the earth pony colt who had been first to join her team. "You stay back and make sure they don't sneak in and wreck our fort here." She looked back to the others. "I'll be at the front, leading the charge. The rest of you ponies follow my lead."

Hoss neighed eagerly as he loaded up with snowballs.

He listened eagerly to Gilda's peptalk and planning session (or lack of planning) glad to get a chance to listen to one of the Junior Flyers from the year before he and Shanna attended, One of those that all the other students talked about, the other being Rainbow Dash, also from that previous year.

"Im ready! Let's go!"

Meanwhile, Shanna neighed eagerly "Which group would you like for me to be in, Lady Lanceguard? If I'm in the offense, I believe I'm strong enough to catch falling ponies if I have to."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A young pegasus joined in on the battlefront, heading towards the red team base. When he saw Gilda, he almost had secind thoughts about joining her team. But, since everyone "loves and tolerates," He decided to forgive and join her team. "Hey, Gilda!" he called. "You know, I almost went to the blues when I saw you, but I'm forgiving of the Fluttershy incident." The yellow pegasus said, "My name's Thunder Storm. I work at the Firework Shoppe, or have you never heard of it?"