Here is an image I found:

830px-S2E16Insiderainbow%27house.png

As I said, it looks like a cloud and rainbow lightning, like Dash's mark, but also noticably different (wisps of cloud near the books, and a forked bolt) I'm curious what the whole design is like...

also: how did Rainbow Dash get up to her house at the end if she couldn't fly?

She could fly just very slow and carefully, when she's running from the hospital she does fly a little, so I assume if she took it very slow and easy she coudl make it up to her house from one of the higher hills or atop a building

She could fly just very slow and carefully, when she's running from the hospital she does fly a little, so I assume if she took it very slow and easy she coudl make it up to her house from one of the higher hills or atop a building

Or she enlisted the help of a friend to help carry her up there?

Or she enlisted the help of a friend to help carry her up there?

Or since she was at the library just before she might have had Twilight teleport her up.

So basically, just watched it, and now I want to make a Daring Do Crossover character. Or at least one who calls herself Daring Do for the Mane RP. Or make her a real character, and by exention that blue monkey/cat dude who's name I don't care to remember. Because that would be awesome. Except for the part where I can't because Neoniie already got to her first.

Also loved the fact that it was also making fun of Indiana Jones on top of "reading is awesome." Beacuse reading is awesome. But seriously, that made me laugh.

Pony Battleship. Needs to happen. Now.

"I'm not stealing your slippers, I'm trying to steal this book!" Nice going there Dash. Nice going... Also, how did she manage to get even that far? She's easily the most spottable pony in the series, short of maybe Celestia/Luna during the night/day. Which also brings me to How did Twilight miss seeing Dash when Rarity and Pinkie were watching her at the very start? "Hey guys? What are you looking at?" ...srsly?

All in all, I rather enjoyed this episode, especially over all the other Dash episodes.

ok, here we go! times and thoughts...

0:00-11:00

0:06- >rd flying >Ends up in hospital. This isn't gonna end well, perhaps ditzy causes crash?

0:39- meh intro so far...

1:23- awesome lines... crappy SFX...

1:30- why is she lying on her back?

2:00- love the doctor, but where did he get is diploma... a box of cereal? "You have a broken wing-bone. Few days and you will be fine."

2:12- what's with those gowns anyway?

2:27- yeah twilight... of course books will make her happy. get her some wonderbolt videos or something.

2:50- Reckon that it will be a "dont hate on things you like 'cause they arent cool." letter today!

3:26- pinkie... why you no continue this inspiring lecture?!?

3:28- NO! only 'tia can say that!

3:50- Gif. Nooow!

4:23- the clock should read 5min later

4:26- or that.

4:45- every bronies journey...

4:56- read in your head for the love of celestia!

5:19- why no male characters?6

6:42- see 2:50

6:55- was expecting a break, a bit outside the book as RD came to grips with her new love. something like she tries not to read for a bit, then caves

7:03- what is with the temple?

7:43 that was awesome. But fire the structural engineer.

7:55- ah! that's where I have seen the brown ponies mane and tail, RD!

8:04- it seems that ponies are magpies as well as people...

8:20- gee RD, looks comfortable!

8:50- RD's favourite game.... is battleships...?

9:09- ya, now we know RD is sick.

9:28- Naptime seems like a good excuse for RD. But she is not as cute as other sleeping ponies, but oh well. I guess she isn't really sleeping.

9:32- teh lols.

9:42- Good celestia, this is your last warning: Read the haying book in your head.- room-mate pony

10:33- her voice... its horrid!

10:36- that puzzle wasn't designed for pegasuseseses.

10:55- magpie! why does she want it anyway?

11:01>

11:08- picks it up in mouth. Awesome.

11:10- puts it in hat. Also awesome.

11:19- who didnt fire that engineer?

11:58- where the hay did the lava come from?

12:07- the nighmares. sweet celestia save me!

12:39- AJ seems to be a... what is it... somepony who can talk without moving their lips? This is one of the only errors that I have noticed without going back over episodes.

12:44- I feel your pain of people watching you eat. I always seem to drop my fork or make something go flying.

12:52- or that.

12:58- clever Animator, make pinky speak off screen.

13:05- Stop it!

13:22- tigers with maces. awesome

13:36- awesome voice of... that thing...

13:43- it always happens

13:50- seriously, dude. If you want to kill her, cut her throat. Giant squishy spikey walls of death never work.

13:54- spiders to, great!

13:57- snakes as well. This is hilarious.

14:01- Sand as well... that guy wants to kill the mare!

14:25- that lantern is awesome. Love it, still keeps it slightly steampunk.

14:36- Institutionalised RD is Institutionalised. Also looks like that crash did give her super-healing powers. Prehaps the ceral was wheat-bix...

15:04- where's the wheelchair? also, RD? one word: Tree-Libary, the one your FREIND LIVES IN.

15:14- buck staying of the wing, Im gonna roll on it. Then proberbly steal the book from twi.

15:20- RD the Hypochondriac!

15:26- RD the Bad Actor!

15:46- Also, I was touching your feathers. GTFO.

16:04- jesus doc, She bucking crashed, Broke her wing. You kept her in hospital over night. Not enough time to become either lazy or better!

16:22- so she is going to steal the book from the hospital, not the... uh... library. right...

16:25- sneaky RD is sneaky. Love the costume.

16:35- NO! Dont skip that bit, how the hay does she get into the window? Also why is there a guard at the hospital, instead of... say, Night staff?

16:41- oh, there is the staff. I think RD is gonna be captured by the Doc.

16:44- wait... I just realised that Ponyville has two hospitals... or at least two ERs... perhaps this one has no ER... But then where did they take RD to when she was hurt?

16:47- Ah-ha! thats the bit from the book, Parallelism! Looks like English taught me something...

16:50- NO RD! that is fluttershy's sound!

16:55- if there isn't another pony in the bed, I will be sad.

16:57- yay!

17:01- dumb RD is dumb. Take the book!

17:25- thus she flies, breaks her wing even worse?

17:57- see 16:47

18:03- loved the bridge.

18:20- whaaaa? he knew that it was her, but still chased her? dude, just call the cops... wait... call the cops? Call the cops! WTF?

18:22- OH GAWD! people were... upset about Derpy, they are gonna RAGE aginst this character...

18:29- where did you come from, AJ? you live a long way away from town!

19:11- "there's no reason to go around causing a ruckus..." ... she just wanted to read the book, so we will drop the charges.

19:20- yes, they drop the charges.

19:24- Dawwwwww!

19:38- spike is awesome. Just saying. That line was hilarious, Weather he was sarcastic or not!

19:43- awesome. dat expression on spike. The slight awkward pause. Giggles then cut to RD voice over of letter?

19:46- or not

19:52- EXACTLY!

20:07- deus ex machina

20:32- that or crap traps. That... evil thing has never played Evil Genius

21:07- awesome change on NOOOO!

21:25- yay, RD's home. wait... what is with the shiny blue thing... what did it doo? please dont kill me...

Quite a good episode. Would have been good if the pressed the message a bit more, perhaps flash-forward (?) with RD imagining what her friends would think ("lols, RD is egg-head!"). Love RD episodes as always!

"I'm not stealing your slippers, I'm trying to steal this book!" Nice going there Dash. Nice going... Also, how did she manage to get even that far? She's easily the most spottable pony in the series, short of maybe Celestia/Luna during the night/day. Which also brings me to How did Twilight miss seeing Dash when Rarity and Pinkie were watching her at the very start? "Hey guys? What are you looking at?" ...srsly?

Lol, so very true... and Dash covered her mane but didn't bother to cover her tail! IF she'd covered her tail too she might have been a little harder to spot but that rainbow? Another instance of Dash being ditzy... or ADD.. (Then again if she was ADD she'd never have been able to finish the book, so...)

and yes, lol @ Battleship being Dash's favorite game

Also @ BestiaAuris: There are no TVs, she cant watch videos... Yes I know that heart monitor is technically a TV but it doesnt count ;) Also if you pay attention each visit happens on a different DAY, while we never see the transition form day-to-night-to-day, it is still 3 days.

... but it doesnt count ;-) Also if you pay attention each visit happens on a different DAY, while we never see the transition form day-to-night-to-day, it is still 3 days.

pre-Rarity.

whaaaaaaaa? why not?

I dont like that the series has slowly progressed in a more technological direction, but wah-huh?

post-rarity

I wasn't paying particular great attention to the time,. When re-watching I noticed that Twi referred to yesterday RD wanting something to do. Though, the second visit could be on the same day, with RD staying up late that night.

Your assumption of her being in hospital a minimum of 3 days is quite reasonable, thus I will change my statement.

She was in hospital for about 3 days? Doesn't a bone take a lot longer to heal than 3 days?

pre-Rarity.

whaaaaaaaa? why not?

I dont like that the series has slowly progressed in a more technological direction, but wah-huh?

post-rarity

I wasn't paying particular great attention to the time,. When re-watching I noticed that Twi referred to yesterday RD wanting something to do. Though, the second visit could be on the same day, with RD staying up late that night.

Your assumption of her being in hospital a minimum of 3 days is quite reasonable, thus I will change my statement.

She was in hospital for about 3 days? Doesn't a bone take a lot longer to heal than 3 days?

I think it's progressing to a mixed present with magic *and* technology being equal (which I hate too, I'm a HUGE fan of the 'war' of magic vs tech where one ultimately destroys the other because they serve the same purpose) however, I've seen it done a *few* times well (Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality being a good example) So far while it's a little silly to have an X-ray machine and a firefly lamp, it's not completely rediculous yet... as I said, it could all be "magic is cheep, tech is expensive"

When Dash breaks her wing they all say they will visit her "tomorrow" and the nurse shoos them out saying they have to wait till tomorrow. Each visit then they say they will come back "tomorrow" you have to count each visit as a day. I agree it's confusing and I missed a day or two also the first time I watched it.

heh yes, MUCH longer, but also these are marshmallow ponies we're talking about, I wasn't even sure they HAD bones ;)

What a good episode.

As a writer/ avid reader, I hoped there would be an episode inspiring those to read.

Favorite things:

• The Adventures of Daring Do. Nice choice of a character. Fits very well for Rainbow Dash's tastes. Then again, even the Daring Do character was a recolored RD. But I didn't see the huge stone ball from Indiana Jones.
  • Pony Battleship! Hasbro, are you advertising a new boardgame?
  • Ninja Rainbow Dash. You almost got the book without being noticed, but looks like it wasn't to be.
  • The mane less pony. Is it that older ponies lose their mane (baldness) or was that guy sick?
  • Rainbow Dash confessing that she liked to read. Congratulations, you went through the Stages of Acceptance!
  • Rainbow Dash's room. So we've up until that point saw the inside of every other pony's place except hers. I wondered what a cloud house would look like from the inside. Now I know. And my RD has a big bedroom!

Overall, this is one of my top episodes.

• The Adventures of Daring Do. Nice choice of a character. Fits very well for Rainbow Dash's tastes. Then again, even the Daring Do character was a recolored RD. But I didn't see the huge stone ball from Indiana Jones

Yeah, it was missing the obligatory rolling ball trap to escape, and the Indy Hat Roll. However, the vine swing representing the whip swing, and the whole mental preparation to grab the statuette were pretty good references ^^

Rainbow bed is now canon:

BskKW.png

I dunno how accurate the bedspread symbol is, but it looks 20% cooler than what we can't see in the episode. If I ever find the time/money, I am so going to have this bed made.

Rainbow's bed, totally looks like:

Jynx-blackface.gif

Also, patient on bed at night robbery, looks like a pony under RadioTherapy... Cancer in Equestria canon? I expect not, and him being just that plastered up pony roomie from early in the episode (I imagine the mane would be shaved before plastering) Yep, never got a plaster.

Rainbow's bed, totally looks like:

Jynx-blackface.gif

Also, patient on bed at night robbery, looks like a pony under RadioTherapy... Cancer in Equestria canon? I expect not, and him being just that plastered up pony roomie from early in the episode (I imagine the mane would be shaved before plastering) Yep, never got a plaster.

Naw, not cancer. He was far too energetic for that imo. So yeah, his mane was shaved for other reasons, and there are no shortage of those in a hospital. They could also use a rubber hat for plastering though, but I'm not sure how that would work with a mane.

I felt this was a relatively poorly written ep; the shenanigans didn't really raise any reaction out of me seeing that the plot was always going to end in:

RD: "Sob I love...reading"

Rest of Mane 6: "lol ok"

the scene where RD ninjaed her way into the hospital over a book was just exaggerating (it'll be more fun if she breaks into Twilight's house)

hi hi

I was thinking about some of the parallels in this episode and I figure its kind of interesting that the way Rainbow Dash acted is how a lot of guys first react when they realize they like a "show for little girls." But also, I think perhaps another point of this episode is to show little girls that cool adventury stuff isn't just for boys too.

(While I think that the episodes that focus on the relationships between characters are probably better on average, I still think these episodes where we get to focus on one character's internal struggles are pretty good too.)

This episode should settle once and for all the question of the use of electricity in the Equestria universe.

The hospital EKG machine. can't tell me THAT runs on magic. Medical equipment has to be functional 24/7, either that or the hospital has an ARMY of unicorns who are constantly replenishing all of the machines that run on 'magic' throughout the building (not likely).

And the ELECTRICAL lamp on RD's nightstand, the one she was constanty clicking on and off, that HAS to be electrical.

There's no crime in admitting that Equestria has electricity. After all, they have a HUGE dam outside of town that can easily generate electrical power. No one (I don't think) is saying Equestria has 21st century technology, but they COULD have rudimentary electricity to power lights, kitchen appliances and (in this case) vital hospital equipment. Some things DO run on magic (just ask Flim and Flam) but there seems to be a use for electricity in Equestria.

hi hi

I was thinking about some of the parallels in this episode and I figure its kind of interesting that the way Rainbow Dash acted is how a lot of guys first react when they realize they like a "show for little girls." But also, I think perhaps another point of this episode is to show little girls that cool adventury stuff isn't just for boys too.

(While I think that the episodes that focus on the relationships between characters are probably better on average, I still think these episodes where we get to focus on one character's internal struggles are pretty good too.)

Excellent point, Ginger Mint!

I agree with you!

This episode should settle once and for all the question of the use of electricity in the Equestria universe.

The hospital EKG machine. can't tell me THAT runs on magic. Medical equipment has to be functional 24/7, either that or the hospital has an ARMY of unicorns who are constantly replenishing all of the machines that run on 'magic' throughout the building (not likely).

And the ELECTRICAL lamp on RD's nightstand, the one she was constanty clicking on and off, that HAS to be electrical.

There's no crime in admitting that Equestria has electricity. After all, they have a HUGE dam outside of town that can easily generate electrical power. No one (I don't think) is saying Equestria has 21st century technology, but they COULD have rudimentary electricity to power lights, kitchen appliances and (in this case) vital hospital equipment. Some things DO run on magic (just ask Flim and Flam) but there seems to be a use for electricity in Equestria.

It could be not only magic, but a magical based technology unique to that world. Maybe that is why people have rock farmers, to grow gems that charge up with magical energies from the ever moving ley lines throughout the land (hence the need to rotate them). These gems thus act like magical rechargeable batteries, powering things like lamps and EKG machines (which honestly, I wish they didn't have). This explanation has the benefit of two things 1)Its a lot more creative, original to their world and whimsical than just "electricity", and 2)Explains why they have no visible means to transfer electricity (do you see any electrical wires? Sure they can be underground but how do they get to Dash's place?)

Sure it can be electricity; some sort of magical method would be so much cooler though. I wish people didn't want Equestria to be Earth so badly.