Which BG Pony is Next?!

Tenkan

Your Bet  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think would/should get their own scene in future episodes?

I think that all the background ponies need more love I actully like some of them better than the mane six and celestia.But I picked carrot top I think that it would be a interesting episode with her and AJ fighting for land for both of thier farms.Oh I'm sorry applejack another background pony steals your episode.We just need an episode JUST about the background ponies that would be WAY more cooler than 20%! :D

DJ P0n-3 is getting a toy. I can only assume that means she'll be getting a lot more screen time soon.

I don't see the others getting much screen time anytime soon. They're less marketable, for one thing.

Most likely: DJ-PON3. She's getting her own toy. There's a high chance she's gonna get at least another scene, if any spoken dialogue. Derpy is a close second, and I say this because of the giant hooplah that happened when she got her own scene with dialogue. Less likely she'll get another shot, as opposed to DJ getting her first.

Least likely: Doctor Whooves. He's basically Doctor Who, except a pony. There's simply no way they're going to give him anything unless he's completely different from the Doctor. Then at that point he's a completely different character with the same name.

Which one I want the most: Octavia and/or Lyra. Both of them are music ponies, and this show needs a character that a big music nerd. Because music is awesome.

Definitely DJ-PON3. She's easily the most popular BG pony besides Derpy, she was offically named by Hasbro in "Equestria Girls" and she has her own offical toy coming this fall. Since Octavia reappeared briefly in "Sweet and Elite" I'm betting Vinyl will get another scene soon.

She was officially named by The Hub. Hasbro is like the owner of a business, and The Hub is just a manager... so while they may say/promote something, Hasbro has to make it totally official. Sure, the people working at The Hub have control over the channel and what goes on with it. Hasbro has authority, but let's them have the control. Also, the toy makers are totally different from The Hub. The connection between the two is Hasbro... who approved/promoted the pink Celestia and Heartstrings (aka fandom Lyra).

I've been waiting, I've been dreaming, for the moment that Pon-3 takes off her glasses to reveal she has like, green eyes or something.

I'd love to see more Derpy -- maybe this time executed and voiced a tish better so the neighsayers have nothing to neigh about.

• Like 1

dont mean to sound like a stick in the mud but i honestly hope derpy is the last one. if we have another BG pony lumped into another episode that would mean the creators will be at the mercy of the fandom, they already gave us one shout out with derpy and quite honestly thats all i need. but if the creators are subject to fan driven requests then that means the quality of the show would drop substantially. and before you know it MLP Fim will be one giant fan service to bronies, thats kind of the whole beauty behind things such as dubstep remixes created by the FANS. i mean c'mon guys, would you want the characters to sing the songs in drum and bass fashion? not me.

dont mean to sound like a stick in the mud but i honestly hope derpy is the last one. if we have another BG pony lumped into another episode that would mean the creators will be at the mercy of the fandom, they already gave us one shout out with derpy and quite honestly thats all i need. but if the creators are subject to fan driven requests then that means the quality of the show would drop substantially. and before you know it MLP Fim will be one giant fan service to bronies, thats kind of the whole beauty behind things such as dubstep remixes created by the FANS. i mean c'mon guys, would you want the characters to sing the songs in drum and bass fashion? not me.

You do raise some good points, though I think it's important to realize that the creators are at the mercy of the fandom every Saturday regardless of who is in the episode! There's usually a debate du jour about the canon, animation, music, story elements, or perhaps how a character is portrayed or acts.

I think that Hasbro/Studio B/DHX Media are doing a fine job with keeping FiM in line. I doubt it will go down the line of major fanservice, as they have a duty and focus to produce a great cartoon for the original audience that the show is intended for. Everything else -- with Derpy or shipping of certain BG ponies together -- is just a way of acknowledgement rather than blatant fanservice, imho.

You do raise some good points, though I think it's important to realize that the creators are at the mercy of the fandom every Saturday regardless of who is in the episode! There's usually a debate du jour about the canon, animation, music, story elements, or perhaps how a character is portrayed or acts.

I think that Hasbro/Studio B/DHX Media are doing a fine job with keeping FiM in line. I doubt it will go down the line of major fanservice, as they have a duty and focus to produce a great cartoon for the original audience that the show is intended for. Everything else -- with Derpy or shipping of certain BG ponies together -- is just a way of acknowledgement rather than blatant fanservice, imho.

and thats the way i'd like to keep it, believe you me i was one of thousands of bronies that was in complete awe when not only derpy was called "derpy", but was given a voice. i mean dont get me wrong i love the acknowledgment lauren faust and company has given the brony community with easter eggs mentioned prior among the minor shift in overall tone of the show due to the unexpected new audience (bronies rule!!:)), but if the show were to keep adding fan created characters then the show will tank. but if i had to make one more addition it would have to be DJ-Pon3, but that would be it.

I think I could be happy within a huge continuum of scenarios. Everything from the background characters we like are more likely to be in the background to full blown character development and ascension would be fine with me. I see both sides, and if they pull more scenes like the derpy one, then I will forgive the bad and celebrate the good that these moments provide.