your cell phone.

Starfox64x

I just recently updated from a Samsung Moment to a Samsung Galaxy S II. Since I tend to work places that monitor your internet usage, I get my internet fix from my phone. I still suck at typing on a touch screen, but am getting more used to it. I plan on passing my Moment down to my son, provided it doesn't make his mom's cell phone bill go up too much.

I don't know what type it is and I don't know how to use it ._. I have to get my friends to use it for me. also it can take up to four hours to receive a text. I only use it to text my mom when I'm out

Rooted HTC EVO 4G (Though no 4G reception for ~30 miles) running Cyanogen Mod (custom ROM). I got it just under a year ago when they finally allowed SERO customers to upgrade to android phones.

For those curious, SERO is a long-dead plan that gave 500 anytime minutes, unlimited Night+Weeked @7, Unlimited SMS, Unlimited Data, unlimited "Power vision" access (still no clue what this is), unlimited Voice+Data roaming, and more features I dont remember for $29.99 / month. .. yeah, they're going to have to pry this plan from my cold, dead, fingers! lol

iPhone 3GS, the big one with 32GB, preferred it over the cheaper 8gb iPhone 4 when I renewed on a company's promotion, and I got it full to the brim with ponies... :kissy:

Never tried to configure the GSM data connection, it's pricey and slow, I rater use WiFi. Fun fact: On workplace I see WiFi signal from a near home, first weeks it was unprotected :blah: , suddenly the owner protected it with password :sniff: ... I needed like 10 seconds to circunvent it, it was "1" :kissy:

Just the entry level cheapo flip phone that AT&T offers in my area. In all the time that I have owned it, I've had only a few pangs of desire for a smart phone.

I've been thinking about getting an iPod though.

Get one, they're amazing devices that do everything you'd want a smart phone to do, only you're not stuck paying for it monthly. It's a big cost up front, but it's well worth it. You have pony on itunes so you can xfer them all over to your device and watch it anywhere!

HTC My Touch 4G if I remeber right, called something else in Canada. I basically treat it like a little computer I can incidentally phone & text people with: I'm posting from it right now, and all pony episodes get their first viewing through it for example. I can't afford a laptop so it is super useful. Android gingerbread.

Same exact thing here. Except, well...it's my Mom's phone. She got it for her birthday last Sunday.

:P I've been playing with it and texting my brother lately.

Everyone over on the Android forums are clamoring to upgrade from the EVO, I see no reason to, so far it's only failure is I occasionally get an in coming call and the screen doesn't unlock (which I'm 90% sure is a CYM bug and will be fixed in a later update) the ONLY argument I see as valid is that Sprint is threatening to EOL is, which means no further support in event of physical damage.

Everyone over on the Android forums are clamoring to upgrade from the EVO, I see no reason to, so far it's only failure is I occasionally get an in coming call and the screen doesn't unlock (which I'm 90% sure is a CYM bug and will be fixed in a later update) the ONLY argument I see as valid is that Sprint is threatening to EOL is, which means no further support in event of physical damage.

Really you should be clamoring for ICS. It is just a lovely OS. I cannot imagine using Gingerbread or Froyo anymore. The feel and layout of ICS is just amazing. The steps Android has taken in the past few years has been nothing short of miraculous. And now with the possibility of Ubuntu when you connect your phone to a screen o_O. Oh dear me... I'm getting all hot under the collar. Google seems to aim to please. I can't wait for that to be implemented.

Also... @NorthernLights: I know what you mean... I do the same. And I love the 4.65in viewing area for videos on my Galaxy Nexus. Nothing better than watching ponies in HD on your phone, until you can get home and watch them in better HD on a full sized TV. (Basically every Saturday I watch ponies twice, once on my break (or on the train home) and once when I get home on my TV. Thankfully there hasn't been an episode, other than one (MMDW), that didn't allow for a rewatch.

I HAVE NO CELLPHONE !

I'm a rebel ! xD

I never had one, save for one year, when I was living in LA and it was the only phone I had. Right now, I have a landline, and that's enough for me.

I'll try to get one when I move away from here though. It will come in handy. It's a bit scary, though, cellphones are full of strange and unnecessary options, add-ons, it always look like it's only one update short of making the coffee. Cellphone subscriptions are very arcane for me too, and I have strange needs (most of the calls I ever do are out-of-country ones). And all of this is probably very plebeian to you all. Frankly, I am sympathetic to those old persons who can't understand internet every time I look at a cellphone.

The cellphone I want is one similar to the old thing my dad had. It was prehistoric, its most over-the-top feature was a laggy snake game, had no color, huge pixelisation thingie, couldn't do anything else than phone, and was indestructible. A friend of mine had the same model. She accidentally threw it out of the window from the tenth floor, and it still worked once the parts were put back together. She accidentally dropped it in the toilets, and had to wait it to dry, but it still worked fine after that. I want that phone.

... and was indestructible. A friend of mine had the same model. She accidentally threw it out of the window from the tenth floor, and it still worked once the parts were put back together. She accidentally dropped it in the toilets, and had to wait it to dry, but it still worked fine after that. I want that phone.

look for phones built for construction zones, they're larger (and less advanced) than most and are extensively reinforced against shock --- though they do cost more on average, it's worth if it you need a durable phone. Alternately look for an Otterbox or Pelican case, some of those boast you can even DRIVE OVER them and it wont damage the phone!