How did you become a Brony?

BRONYBUSCUS

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the show. :P

But seriously, it really was pretty much that simple. It was between seasons one and two. I had heard about it before and didn't think I would be interested. Then a friend of mine showed me some cool fanart and told me I should watch. I wasn't hard to convince. Started from the beginning, and though I wasn't entirely sure at first, by the time I got to Griffon the Brush Off, I knew I was seriously hooked. Powered through Season one in two days. Wasn't a two weeks later I was writing fanfiction. Month later and I had to sign up to Canterlot just to get more involved in a FIM watching community.

Oh boy. Lets do this:

I'm sitting my English exams for that year. Be it by prank or because someone was actually a brony (probs former, as a 'sub-culture', it never took hold here in Asia back then). Someone's background was on the computer (it wasn't logged out),was pretty much the shows name, surrounded by the Mane 6. Exam ends, I guaranteed a pass, and I tell a friend about it. Hilarity and mockery ensues. Go home, the thought of the wallpaper still in my head, I pull up Google, and find it's knowyourmeme page.

They had the snippet of the first episode for season one, so I was "okay, lets do this".

That began the longest road ever, from where I knew there was no return, given my nature to collect and hoard things when I'm hooked to it.

So there you go. I think I managed to shorten it from previous iterations, but here it is.

Well.... as far as how i became a Brony, It started a year or two back when i would be looking around on YouTube and other sites and i would occasionally see Pony avatars, and i thought they where cute looking, at this point i knew nothing of the show not even its name. A while later i was on a Minecraft server and i saw Pony pixel art, and my curiosity was raised, I began searching around for these ponies on the internet, and i came apon a episode, and out of curiosity decided to watch it, and ever since i have been hooked :P

I used to think the show was for 5-year-olds. Like everybody around me.

A long time ago, I had a really old phone. There were only 3 or 4 free games, one of which was Littlest Pet shop. I played it, liked it, and shared it with a friend.

<6 months or so pass>

OK, so now I'm bored on a plane, flipping through the channels in the DirectTV screen in front of me. I find that there's a TV show for LPS and I like it.

<I have no idea how much time passed.>

Now I'm on a flight to Singapore and my dad let me have his kindle fire and download some games. So I get a loooot of games. I don't get the MLP game for a bit, but for some reason I really wanted to get it and I actually don't know why. So I got it. I find it not exactly that good, but I keep it. And I like that gray cross-eyed pony in the box.

<a few months pass>

OK so I have a really hard time sleeping. So I'm lying there in my bed. And I can't sleep. And those trains that run behind my house every 15 minutes or so are not helping. So I'm bored. Hmm. Maybe I'll get out the iPod Touch and my earbuds and try and look for some LPS episodes. I do, and I only find a few. Most are "Brony Chat Reactions." So I have no idea what a brony is. Naturally, I look it up. And then I'm really confused. Also, some of the search results contain MLP episodes. Whaaaaat.

In the next few nights, I'm trying to find more LPS episodes, while those MLP episodes are calling to me. Don't know how, don't know why. Soon I give in and watch the first two episodes. (Yes, under my blankets.) Um. OK. That was just too predictable. Oh well, I'll give it another try. And I like it!

< 3 months pass>

No, I'm not done yet. I don't know why I feel like adding this bit to my post.

So one of my friends has Equestria Girls recorded. I fake being a hater to make sure she's a true pegasister. (Actually, I had watched all the episodes that had come out up to that point,) And I'm actually pretty good at acting if nobody knows I'm acting. I find that she is.

<a few days pass>

So, I faked not knowing what EG was and watching it on YouTube at home. And watching a bunch of episodes. Now we share a bunch of laughs over episodes. (My friend still doesn't know that I was actually a pegasister in the first place.)

<a few weeks pass>

My other friend and I are looking at Netflix and deciding what to watch. She asks me if I'd seen LPS season 1 and I had, because I found Dailymotion a while ago. I ask her if she's seen MLP because an anti-"little girl's shows" would probably think LPS and MLP on the same level of little-girlishness. She has.

<a long time passes>

And here we are, at the present. The three of us are all still pegasisters.

Wow, that was long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

About three months ago I decided to do something I do every so ofter. I'll locate a RPG based on a property I've no real interest in and join it (it's produced some of the best games I've been in, and a few stinkers). I joined The Fun Has Been Doubled and after re-re-rewriting a bio (I had no flaming idea other than what I could dredge up from Wikipedia) decided I might as well have a look at the show.

The first episode I watched was Luna Eclipsed and I loved it so I decided to have a look at the double-bill which was on that Saturday morning. Turns out it's a story called the Return of Harmony. About five minutes or so in I realized one thing: "Holy s**t, that's John DeLancie!". I was a fan by the end of Luna Eclipsed (I was probably a fan by the end of Luna's grand entrance), I was a brony by the end of Return of Harmony.

It's acctually quite a story if I say myself.

Well, I had been a fan of Doctor who from 2010 and I heard something about a Doctor Whooves I think last year (I'm socially inactive :P). So I looked it up and found so much art of him and Derpy. And after a bit more looking around, I found what a Brony was and thought the show was for little girls, but I'd watch it anyway. I'm optimistic. So I watched it and was hooked on episode 6.

• 1 month later...

My little sister watched it on Netflix one day, but for all of 6th grade I denied it, since it wasn't cool to watch it,and at the time I went to Sparkman Middle,yes,that Sparkman for those of you who know all the crap. So the teachers wouldn't have cared if I was bullied. It wasn't until the middle of 7th grade I admitted it to myself,because I saw a person wearing a hoodie that said "Keep calm and Brony on." Whoever dared to wear a hoodie with R.D. on it in Sparkman Middle, I salute you.

I saw the g1 movies, but not any the tv series at all.

For g4 on another forum I read some talking about it, way back in season 1 era, and saying some of the same folks who worked on Power Puff Girls are working on it so i decided to start some of the episodes starting with the pilot.

As for the mlp forums I decided to look some up or ask some about mlp forums. So I can find a place where I can discuss some mlp and non mlp stuff, and do some rping as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The funny thing is, when one of my friends and I heard about FiM and how popular it was getting, we thought that it sounded stupid and said we would never be into that... Now we both watch it and enjoy it. XD

When FiM came out, I ended up seeing it when my toddler sisters were watching it. I found myself really enjoying it, and soon enough I was hooked. And that's how I got to where I am today, a brony (or pegasister, if you really prefer girls be called pegasisters) with over 100 pony ocs. :P

I loved the G1 and so on shows when I was a kids. I told myself I wouldn't watch the new show because i knew I would get hooked on it... One day I watched the first episode and BAM! Here is me, a die hard pony fan since my youth! :D

Archived