Urban legends and the supernatural.

Starfox64x

So, anyone here believe in tall tales? urban legends? old wives tales? supernatural and the unexplained? what do YOU believe in?

One of my favorite urban legends is the Lost colony. an entire colony vanished overnight, and the only clue was a word carved into a tree... Croanoan... Some say it was indian attacks, other say it was demons... who knows?

i'd like to believe ghosts and aliens are real, but i've never seen one, so i dunno... I'd like to though...

hm, what else is there?

Aliens are real. We've found proof of martian bacteria. Now wheather "The Grays" or such are real is still up for debate... I mean seriously, what could they hope to learn by probing our plots... that just makes them seem fake...

I like Calvin's view "The surest proof that there is intelligent extraterestial life, is that they have NOT attempted to contact us"

And if you want to talk about supernatural myths... Slenderman... 'nuff said ;) (it's scary how many people I've shown Slendy stuff to that 110% believe he is real..)

I don't believe in myths and the idea of the supernatural on Earth, but I would get freaked out if I were in what would be considered as someplace haunted, due to my lack of emotional resilience in the face of paranoid fear.

When it comes to aliens, yes, there is known life out there in the form of bacteria that could be considered extraterrestrial. When it comes to complex beings, I'd say it's kind of likely. We can only see so far and so much with huge, waste-of-money, pointless telescopes from NA$A.

Aliens are real. We've found proof of martian bacteria. Now wheather "The Grays" or such are real is still up for debate... I mean seriously, what could they hope to learn by probing our plots... that just makes them seem fake...

I like Calvin's view "The surest proof that there is intelligent extraterestial life, is that they have NOT attempted to contact us"

And if you want to talk about supernatural myths... Slenderman... 'nuff said ;-) (it's scary how many people I've shown Slendy stuff to that 110% believe he is real..)

Well yeah, i KNOW about bacteria, but i meant like fully formed and intelligent being roaming around us...

As for Calvin's view... I can understand that....

And Slenderman... *shudders* I've seen Marble Hornets, that **** scares the BUCK out of me... I haven't seen him anywhere else though, and i dont know much about his legacy... maybe you could teach me obi-wan-de-Slendy?

We can only see so far and so much with huge, waste-of-money, pointless telescopes from NA$A.

Dont forget it's thanks to NASA that we have Velcro, Teflon, and the Microwave Oven (Not to mention scores of other things we take for granted every day)

And Slenderman... *shudders* I've seen Marble Hornets, that **** scares the BUCK out of me... I haven't seen him anywhere else though, and i dont know much about his legacy... maybe you could teach me obi-wan-de-Slendy?

Lol. Marble Hornets was the first and arguably one of the best, but there's also Tribe 12 and Everyman, not to mention a dozen other lesser-known ones.

This is absolutely required reading:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSlenderManMythos

Dont forget it's thanks to NASA that we have Velcro, Teflon, and the Microwave Oven (Not to mention scores of other things we take for granted every day)

Yes, those things are all really great since they aren't telescopes and time spent staring at radar blips and blurry images of dots. It's already been established that anything that could be colonized is way beyond our reach in terms of distance. The money that goes into mapping something that's always changing and expanding would be in better use as money for education and medicine, or even just to go into NASA's more technological ventures that don't involve space all that much.

I generally try to follow the whole ghosts and aliens mo'shizzile. Mainly to try and screw around with myself.

Which makes me seem as less of an intellectual from some views I suppose. Although if what I suspect is slowly entering truth (This winding up a creepypasta thread basically.) then I can contribute more then I previously thought so.

Woo.

Hmmm.Sorry i'm a scaredy pony.But aliens are real i mean come on that many planets and there is only one with life on it.(The aliens are ponies)or are they? Ghosts?meh.other stuff?I don't know

But..that breaks into the multiverse idea..which..oh god.

Ghosts > not all that possible > no way to prove it

Maybe we are "aliens" ourselves. I mean just look at Mars. It might've been a planet just like Earth a long time ago, but something must have happened. Maybe a meteor impact destroyed everything and the huge amount of debris that was thrown into space, might have contained bacteria that survived hitting THIS planet.

I see paranormal happenings like magic, a fancy name to energy and matter interactions that aren't still explained by the cold, hard, science. Try to explain electricity to medieval people without ending in a pyre for witchcraft, our paranormal stuff would be flat facts in a matter of centuries. Whe're just starting to scrap the concept of quantum physics, there are endless dimensions sharing an already endless universe, whe cannot see them, but we can explain them with numbers and math, a 'ghost' can be simply a temporary dimension overlap, like when rains and we see on TV a 'ghostly' image of whatever happens on another network or channel...

That explains my opinnion about paranormal.

Aliens:

Well, more precisely. XenoBioForms (and now I invent a fancy word, no cutie mark still...) because an Alien is just 'Alien' if it perspired in an 'alien' to him enviroment, like rats in Australia, or E.T. in that movie... So, one thing is they simply existing and coming here for *whatever*, or they just staying in their planet, minding in their own bussiness.

If your head spins and my text is gramatically unsound, is my fault, I am Spanish, sorry, If your head simply spins, my work here It's done.

za909: Uhm... sounds good, but naaah, Mars lack any scar pointing this happening, and gots some atmosphere, disalowing this happening with smaller impacts...

But actually, our moon is a mix of an old asteroid plus a nice chunk of our planet, from an impact 2.000 year million ago. Perphars that asteroid did bring life to earth... That or it came trotting on a Zebra...

Well I believe in ghosts. Had some ghostly experiences happen to me.

I sort of believe in aliens. My idea is there must be some life out there in the universe besides what's on Earth. Not I don't think they're the Little Green Men in flying saucers, but who knows?

The point is there's lots of things that cannot be explaines, so I keep an open mind.

I pretty much apply a sort of agnostic philosophy to things I cant explain. Just because we cant currently prove it, doesnt mean its not real. But, in my opinion, if the supernatural exists, its probably something along lovecraft's ideas, aquatic beings living on the ocean floor in a lost city. Only about 10% of the ocean floor has been mapped, so who knows whats down there.

I for one welcome our new aquatic overlords.

As for the whole psychic imprint ghost theory, I believe that because I've experienced a few things that would support that idea. Aliens? Of course, like others said we haven't even mapped out our whole planet for our "technological superiority."

Now for the whole multiverse theory, wouldn't it be fun if our myths and legends were actually overlaps from other Earths? I think somepony mentioned that above with the rainy weather and channels, and its something I've also pondered about on those late thinking nights. Look at that, a semi-coherent post.