FlimFlam

Well, although it is a touch frightening for the MLP target audience, I'd like to mention the ponies from the story of the blanks are pretty much zomponies in their own right. And as for the omnivorous bit, perhaps the zombies would be more about infection than eating brains, sort of (slightly) similar to a discord brainwashing only contagious and more zombiefied. In addition, while they only have hooves at least unicorns still have their horns.

To be honest, the imagery is only part of the issue with zombie ponies, but with the fact that ponies are not omnivorious. So flesh eating should be theoretically nonviable. They have no claws (nor anything that can act like claws (ie nails)), and they don't have teeth that are designed for flesh, but for grazing and for their vegetarian diet.

Well, isn't that the point of zombies? That they've been reduced to one single purpose, to consume the living! And while regular not-at-all dead ponies enjoy their tasty hay fries and a cupcake or two, once they get the undead tick on them, all bets are off! They're gonna eat yah! Doesn't matter if you're a duck, bat, griffon or pony, you're on their current meal plan.

If we accept the idea of magic that can create zombies, it it so far-fetched to say the same magic allows them to consume flesh? and humans aren't exactly built dentally to eat meat, most of our teath are molars and we rarely truely use our canines then eating, so I can see zomponies eating flesh... or maybe their teath rot a little too and break into jagged 'fangs'...

Doubt we'll ever see a zombie apocalypse episode, but it's an... interesting... idea...

As for disposing of them... a headshot kills just about anything, if all else fails they could lop off the zombie's head and/or crush it...

My first thought for how they might do it is that the zombie ponies are bright green as mentioned before, with no rotten flesh or anything. They'd probably walk on their hind legs with their front legs sticking out, 'sleepwalking' fashion... and the infection would be passed on not by biting another pony, but by nomming on them. It's much less like 'MUNCH!' and much more like "omnomomnom..." With drool and everything. There would probably be a few seconds gap for the victim to sigh or go "Ewwww! Gross!" Before suddenly turning green and joining the undead horde.

Then for getting rid of them, yeah, either some kind of magic spell or something ridiculous like spraying them with perfume or something strong smelling. I dunno, I'm just guessing based on the kind of things they do and don't show in kid's shows.

Adventure Time did a couple of episodes where members of the Candy Kingdom get turned into Zombies. They do pretty much what Astalakio, they nom other citizens and generally you have like 10 seconds before you turn Zombified. Those characters that are Zombies are dark and dreary, and perhaps a bit scary to those younger viewers. But, I don't think anyone really gets eaten.

Here's a preview:

Haha, replace Finn, Jake, Lumpy Space Princess, and Lady Rainicorn with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They try to fix things, but they just make them worse! (Such as giving the Zombies wings by making the potion wrong.) Twilight would tell them where the notes are before she gets Zombified, but they wouldn't be able to figure them out. Then Spike wakes up from a nap or something (he was assumed Zombified) and helps them fix it.

• Like 2

Yeah, Zombies have been in just about all cartoons, and frankly i dont think this would be much different... they may not specify why the zombies are after them (Graaaiiinns) but they would just be after the non zombie ponies for some reason...

Just put a tinge of gray in the color scheme, add a little dirt, mess up their hair, and boom, insta-pony-zombie.... make 'em moan and groan and all will be well...

Maybe what happens is that Pinkie makes some baked bads making everyone moan and groan, walk funny, and just have no general interest in their personal grooming. they start shuffling around town after somepony who can help... naturally most people woudl go to friends and family, then to the hospital and government officials, contracting the stomach virus to them, so that's how the majority of town gets infected... then you have some of them going after Zecora for some sort of potion, then finally Twilight, cause well, she can solve everything...

Adventure Time did a couple of episodes where members of the Candy Kingdom get turned into Zombies. They do pretty much what Astalakio, they nom other citizens and generally you have like 10 seconds before you turn Zombified. Those characters that are Zombies are dark and dreary, and perhaps a bit scary to those younger viewers. But, I don't think anyone really gets eaten.

Here's a preview:

Haha, replace Finn, Jake, Lumpy Space Princess, and Lady Rainicorn with the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They try to fix things, but they just make them worse! (Such as giving the Zombies wings by making the potion wrong.) Twilight would tell them where the notes are before she gets Zombified, but they wouldn't be able to figure them out. Then Spike wakes up from a nap or something (he was assumed Zombified) and helps them fix it.

Good idea.

Maybe what happens is that Pinkie makes some baked bads making everyone moan and groan, walk funny, and just have no general interest in their personal grooming. they start shuffling around town after somepony who can help... naturally most people woudl go to friends and family, then to the hospital and government officials, contracting the stomach virus to them, so that's how the majority of town gets infected... then you have some of them going after Zecora for some sort of potion, then finally Twilight, cause well, she can solve everything...

Something similar happened in an episode of The Legend of Tarzan. All the animals complained about this ringing in their heads, and they all went crazy. But the humans couldn't hear it, so they didn't know how to fix it. Turns out it was a new broadcasting tower on the island (radio waves or some such), and once it was destroyed all the creatures were confused and dazed, and if I remember correctly couldn't remember how they got there.

Nah. If you're gonna do zombies, do 'em right. I'd love to see a good creepy episode set in the 'Everfree' Forest. Make it an Zecora episode. She's probably the one that keeps Ponyville safe from the creepys!

Are you kidding?

Zecora would be the one to start the "infection" by accident.

Nah. She seems to have her head screwed on right. Maybe she has too look after Sweetiebell.

(Ala Dexter's Laboratory)

Sweetiebell, "Oooooooh! What does this potion do!?" KERPOW! :sniff:

Zecora: Sweetiebell, get out of my laBORatory!" s5dcgh.jpg

Something similar happened in an episode of The Legend of Tarzan. All the animals complained about this ringing in their heads, and they all went crazy. But the humans couldn't hear it, so they didn't know how to fix it. Turns out it was a new broadcasting tower on the island (radio waves or some such), and once it was destroyed all the creatures were confused and dazed, and if I remember correctly couldn't remember how they got there.

Y'know i remember that... Yeah, they could do something similar to that i suppose.

Are you kidding?

Zecora would be the one to start the "infection" by accident.

Oh Suuuuure blame the witch doctor....you're racist against Zebra's arent you?

Naw, Zecora FIXES stuff. Like Poison Joke and Cutie Pox.

Well all Zebra's look alike.

Racist... i bet you can't even tell the black ones with white stripes from the white ones with black strips...

Witch Doctor -> Potions -> Zombies.

Classic Cartoon Gimmick.

And you! Stereotyping Witch doctors... They make mana potions too y'know!

Racist... i bet you can't even tell the black ones with white stripes from the white ones with black strips...

And you! Stereotyping Witch doctors... They make mana potions too y'know!

Guys love and tolerate!I'm not siding with nopony but guys just which doctors arent real medicine and zebras look the same but both are cool guys in my book.

is she ever referred to in the show as a 'Witch Doctor'? I just assumed she was the local herbalist..And considering there's no major drug companies in Equestria, ponies probably really depend on those who can grow, harvest and sell important herbs and the whatnot.