[Ponyville][Frozen Delights]Grand Opening (Open)

IceStorm

"Well, you really have outdone yourself, Ice," Rarity said. "This raspberry syrup is to die for!"

Rarity continued to eat her delicious snow cone and listen to the conversation. Apparently the new pony's name was Books and he didn't have a lot of friends. Perhaps he was new in town? He was a tall and had a rather feminine look for a stallion. Rarity could almost see him modeling one of her dresses, though that was probably a train of thought not to make mention of.

Rarity stepped forward with a vibrant smile. "It's a delight to meet you, Books. My name is Rarity, Ponyville's most accomplished couturier." She nodded to him. "I saw you at the Winter Wrap Up. Are you new here to town by any chance? If you're ever in need of some fabulous fashions here in Ponyville, look me up!"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Books. Lore thought that was an interesting name. Then again, so was his other name Latte.

"Well hello Books. I assume by your name you like books, right? If so, I'm opening a bookstore in Ponyville soon. If you're interested, please stop by."

Yes, getting word out of his upcoming store didn't hurt.

Then Lore thought about something.

"Rarity, you said you were into fashion right? Do you mainly design clothing or decorate places?"

Books glanced at the Unicorn who seemed to run the place. His attention was now on her. "Hello," he said, "May I please have a chocolate milkshake?" He waited for a moment, before he heard a response from Lore. "Excuse me." The Pegasus looked back at the other pony.

The stallion didn't have much in reply for Lore. Maybe his name was Books, though that didn't mean every other pony thought he was named that because he liked books, right? Oh, to him that didn't even make any sense. "I do like books, though I couldn't have chosen my name. Ponies do say that your name is who you are, but I don't actually believe that. My mother Fairy Tale wrote books, nonfiction ones. My name is Books, but it could have been something like Story or something. Writing is my thing-- I like it a bit more." Books paused for a moment before continuing on, getting back on topic. "I'll look into it."

"Sorry about that," Books said, turning around and looking back at the Unicorn behind the counter.

(Sorry for late reply was without internet was for 2 days.)

Ice Storm nodded when the new customer had ordered a chocolate milkshake from her, and once again she repeated the process of using her home-made vanilla ice cream and the perfect amount of chocolate and milk. She continued by mixing it thoroughly, and once it was mixed to the perfect concentration, she topped it with the whipped cream like she had done on Lore's with the chocolate criss-crossing drizzle and the cherry on the top. "Here you go sir. One Chocolate Milkshake. I hope you enjoy it," she said turning back to watch the stand as she let her customers converse.

Dunder just sat back and enjoyed his snowcone as the ponies talked about books. He didn't have too much interest in the matter. All he did was read them. He never saw why ponies would take these deep meanings from the books completely based off of the author's bias. He slammed down the rest of his snowcone after glancing down at it. At least the snowcone was refreshing.

Rarity frowned. Had this stallion just ignored her entirely? She had a pretty loud speaking voice, so it's unlikely he hadn't heard her at all. Was he just a rude pony? Something about how he carried himself as he answered Lore's question did make him seem somewhat unapproachable.

She sighed, took another bite of her snow cone and then just turned back to Lore Weaver. She nodded at his question to her and flashed a smile. "Oh well, clothing is definitely my specialty, darling. That said, I do pride myself in knowing a thing or two about decor as well. Why I've even been contracted to provide decorations for an event as important as Ponyville's Summer Sun Festival before."

Ice Storm just kind of giggled when Rarity had mentioned that clothing was her specialty, but she prided herself on knowing some decor intuitions as well. She gave a couple different examples and Ice Storm couldn't help but add in. "I don't think I've seen any dresses more beautiful than the ones that I saw in your shop when I first got here. I think specialty is definitely an understatement. I would say clothing is your perfection," she told her with a wide smile. Nothing made her happier than happy customers, and while this new customer did seem to be a bit of the ruder types, she passed it on though with a smile and a nod. There was no reason to make a scene over something small. It was obvious this other stallion just didn't care for socializing.

(Oh my, Phil, I'm sorry. I didn't notice Rarity had talked to Books just until now, my mistake. ><)

Books nodded to the Unicorn, who handed him the milkshake. He placed four bits on the counter, saying a small "Thank you".. The stallion turned around, gently sitting back. Some time to rest, thank Celestia.. He gentle sipped at the milkshake, and the distinct shadow of a smile appeared on his face. That Unicorn really knew her stuff.. Huh, maybe he could ask her to teach him a few things..

The Pegasus looked at another Unicorn. She.. Oh, right! She had spoken to him, and he had been busy! "My mistake. I didn't mean to ignore you, if it looked like it was on purpose. I was just focused on Lore's question, is all. I think I recall seeing you at the Wrap Up, though I may be wrong. And, indeed, I am new to Ponyville. I've flown over a few times, though I don't think I ever took much stops." Books paused for a moment before carrying on. "I'll keep that in mind. Who knows, I might need some fashion for inspiration of my books.."

The Pegasus paused again, before sipping at his milkshake sheepishly. It was obviously rude of him to interrupt Rarity in the middle of her conversation with Lore Weaver. "Er, my mistake for interrupting you two.. Obviously, I don't talk much, though I don't like getting in the middle of other's conversations.." The Pegasus sighed. He had a lot to learn about other Ponies..

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC: Sorry about responding. I wasn't sure it was my turn.)

Lore pondered Rarity's response. She certainly seemed to know alot about fashion, more that Lore knew. Ice Storm also showed great trust towards the unicorn, saying how she had a dress for the blue unicorn.

Just when he was about to answer, Books chimed in. He certainly wasn't used to conversation as he seemed to forget that Rarity was speaking to him and then he jumped into a cobversation. But Lore wasn't one to judge his actions. It wasn't like Lore was the most socially advanced pony either.

"Well the reason I was asking Rarity is that as I said my bookstore is having a grand opening. I'm almost there to open it up, but the store is lacking style. I'm really bad at fashion and decorating. It seems that tere's something missing with the store, a style. I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to create a style for the store."

Rarity smiled at Books reply, as awkward as it was. She could understand. Far too many times it happened that she was so wrapped up in something that she didn't notice when she was being spoken to.

"It's quite alright, dear. And if you do get a chance, feel free to stop by the Boutique! I'd be happy to have you," she said to him with a nod before turning back to Lore.

"Hmm... a bookstore?" she started with some thought. All the libraries and bookstores she had been to were pretty simply laid out, without much flair. There wasn't honestly much you could do in terms of decor when tall bookshelves occupied almost all your walls. "Well, no one expects high fashionability when they walk into a humble little bookstore. I don't believe you need to go with too elaborate decor. That's really not so much the draw as much as the books are."

"I recommend you just keep things clean and laid out in a simple enough fashion. Don't go overboard with other decorations. Nopony likes too much clutter, and bookstores are usually fairly cluttered as it is," Rarity considered what advice to give for a moment. "Oh, but for the outside, you may want to liven things up... really get the attention of the passersby. There you might want to get a little decorative. Of course you don't want to go overboard there either; this is a bookstore after all, not a circus tent."

Ice Storm just waited back behind her cart while her customers conversed. there were many things that they were talking about to help with Lore's shop as well as with the general interests of decorating. Ice Smiled. she was hoping that she was going to get a few more customers than this, but she had customers right now and that made her happy. She only had to make a couple more sales too before she could pay Rarity back completely for her dress that she had bought. AS it stood now though, she was content to let everyone talk peacefully and be there for any pony if they needed anything else. Now that they had mentioned Decorating, Ice herself had a question for Rarity about it, but since she was in conversation with Lore already she would ask her about it later.

• 2 weeks later...

CashmereHeadShot.png

Cashmere decided that he needed a break from his bag making for today and headed out to try out the new shop he saw that had opened up, apparently they sold some sort of frozen treat? Either way the Purple Maned pony was very interested in a sweet cool treat! Cashmere stopped for a second to look in a window to adjust his appearance, his mane slicked back neatly and his monocle getting a slight adjustment so that it looked orderly. The main thing he checked was his bag that hung around his neck and drapped down by his left leg that was made out of dapple grey fabric and decorated beautifully with rich purple thread that glinted in the light like stars. On the front keeping the bag shut was a clasp made out of silver that resembled the ponies cutie mark, a spool encrusted with rubies to symbolize the thread.

Perfect

Once he was pleased with his appearance he walked into the store, he didn't recognize many ponies but he did recognize the pretty mare with the purple mane...THAT was Rarity, and he heard about her plenty; Technically they were in the same business of making beautiful things for ponies but she was very fashion based so Cashmere had never actually been to her boutique since the whole fashion nonsense was not his cup of tea! And after the hassle he had received from Photo Finish he doubted it would never be!

Since She appeared to be busy conversing he didn't bother her just glancing at the pretty blue mare that owned the shop "Why greetings my dear! I couldn't help but notice your shop and as a supporter of ponies striking it out on their own I'd LOVE to try one of your icy delights" He said giving her his best smile.

Ice found herself behind her counter watching her patrons mingle. It was the best part of a shop owner was seeing all the happy faces on everypony while they all talked with all of their friends. She noted as a new pony made his way to her stall and she smiled in greeting as the other pony said that he was a supporter of ponies striking it out on their own and that he would love to try one of her icy delights. "Wonderful, I have many different types of frozen treats that are bound to find the spot for you," she said happily. "Which can I make for you today?"

FlashChord glided into the tent, saggy in his flight method. His throat had been killing him, which is no good for anyone especially a music pony, and somepony had told him there were cold things being sold here. Slowly he trotted to the counter and waited politely to be acknowledged by the person running the establishment.

(OOC: Sorry about not posting. I was waiting for Latte.)

Lore took mental notes of everything Rarity said. It made sense that the interior should be neat and organized with not too much other stuff around. The exterior could be fancier, but Lore didn't want anything too frilly. It was a bookstore after all, not a tea house or dress shop.

"Thanks for that information, Rarity. You're right about keeping the interior simple. Now how to add some flair to the outside?"

He put a hoof to his chin, trying to thinik about an easy way to do so. He looked around the streets, seeing how other merchants dressed up their stores.

"Ah of course! My store needs a nice sign! It has to be legible, but something to catch a pony's eye."

(Sorry, very easily my worst post to date)

Ice watched as another pony entered the store. He was also a deep brown in color like the other pegasi that walked in. She greeted him with a soft smile and nodded towards him. "I'll be with you in just one moment," she told him to make sure that he was aware that she wasn't ignoring him by any means.

Rarity was glad to see a couple more customers arrive. She wanted Ice to succeed. She seemed like such a kind pony; she deserved nothing less than success at her job. She hoped this new unicorn and pegasus left satisfied. She couldn't say she knew either of these ponies, but the unicorn shot her a look like he knew who she was. Not an uncommon thing; she was being recognized more and more these days. She just smiled at him and turned back to Lore.

"Just make sure you choose your colors well. Nothing too drab, but nothing too garish either. It needs balance. It needs to not only catch the eye, but invite us in as well. But like I said, it's easy to go overboard," she gave a steady nod to the stallion. "And yes! The sign is absolutely critical, darling. It is the key that will get the attention of your customers, darling. It should be bold and striking, but don't go too flashy. You don't want them to think you're trying too hard after all."

Regality had been through a very long day, browsing Canterlot for a new cape with his fillyfriend, Lightning Dancer. It was, officially, their first date. Now that the bustle of ponies was slowing down (for rush hour was over in the city), Regality decided to take Lightning out for a treat, act like a fine gentleman. Thats what fillies liked, right? Polite, gentlemanly guys?

Regality and Lightning breezed into the shop, the two standing close to one another. You could tell just from looking at them that they were swept up in the joys of young love.

(Dawww Sonicrainboomgirl!)

Just when Lore thought that Rarity had exhausted her wisdom of decorating a store, she began to mention about the exterior. Since she was into fashion, it was no wonder that color was the main focus of the topic.

"Nothing too bland, yet nothing too flashy. Same thing with the sign. Overall balance," Lore said to himself, his horn flickering slightly as he used his knowledge gathering spell to imprint the information into his mamory. "Well I must say that you were a very great help to me today, Rarity. The interior of the shop is almost done, and then I'll be working on the exterior. Really that part won't be that bad. The place just needs a fresh coat of paint and of course a sign."

Lore then noticed two new ponies arriving at the stand. He could easily tell that they were deeply in love. "You two look like you're right out of a romance novel. My name is Lore Weaver. What are your names?"

After hearing Lore Weaver's words, Regality gazed at Lightning Dancer with a smile on his face. The two giggled. They felt awfully silly, finally dating. They had secretly been in love with one another for years, but two shy to say anything. Regality was no longer sure if he saw Lightning as a best friend or a fillyfriend, but he was quite sure he was in love with her. He'd never felt this way before.

"Well, I'm Regality, and this is my fillyfriend Lightning Dancer. And um...yeahhh..."

Lightning laughed, and then tried to explain a bit better what was going on to this new pony.

"heh- We've been friends for- haha- since we were foals. And uh, we've been crushing on each other for a long time. But this is our first date!"

"And it's really awkward, but fun."

"Yeah, it's..." Lightning sighed and the two laughed again. You could tell the laughter was both nerves and glee. The ponies stood a bit closer to each other once more. If it werent for their coloring, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

Ice Storm decided that she would leave the grayish be while he decided on what he wanted and she moved over to the Pegasus that had flown in. Considering that there were more people coming into the show she wanted to make sure that everyone got treated in a timely manner. "I'll give you a few minutes to decide what you'd like. Whenever you're ready go ahead," she stated back to the unicorn turning her full attention not to the pegasi. "Hello there welcome to Frozen Delights! What can I get for you today?" she asked with the brightest smile on her face

(Thats me, right?)

"Hi there!" Regality said, looking to Lightning for her order. She leaned over and whispered in his ear. When she pulled away, Regality began to dig for his coin purse. "We're going to get one large mint milkshake, and we're splitting it."

His coin purse was stuck deep in a pocket of the cloak he always wore, and he dragged it out manually when his horn wouldn't pull it out right. He opened it and delivered four bits to Ice Storm.

"That's for here, and the name is Lightning Dancer." He said, winking at his filly-friend. Lightning smiled and inspected her hooves shyly. Flutters once again filled his stomach. Was that cute, dorky, cutely dorky, or just stupid? He decided to forget about it. She had been around him long enough to know that he wasn't good with this kind of thing.

"No problem," she told the pegasus as the other two newcomers approached and ordered a large mint milkshake. Ice smiled. "Well then you're in luck, I only carry one size of milkshake and it just happens to be the largest that I could buy!" she giggled at them, she took some of them mint syrup that she had and she dipped the freshly made ice cream into the cup before swirling it around with her magic in the air until it turned the minty green color that it was supposed to and guided it back to the glass that was large enough that both ponies can easily enjoy. She topped it with the mound of whipped cream and drizzled the mint syrup over the top of it before placing the cherry on top. "Here you go, one Mint milkshake, and to compensate me only having one size, if that turns out to not be enough for the two of you, just bring the glass back up here and I'll give you a free refill on the first one," she smiled.