This JUST hit me, and it's probably a theory in a fanfic somewhere...

Alright, so Celestia and Luna represent/are the Elements of the sun and moon respectively.

Princess Cadence, we now know, is basically the Element of love.

What if the Elements of Harmony now are the 'trapped' spirits of past Alicorns that each held an Element?

I like the episode, but how much cooler would it been if there was some actual battle between Luna and Chrysalis, Luna being able to fight her better because of her own "dark nature".

Great job of the show trolling the fandom with Vinyl Scratch's eyes being magenta instead of red. I wonder what the fallout from that will be.

Chrysalis is the first major enemy they had that wasn't defeated in a way where she couldn't easily return at some point.

In what way is Cadance related to the Celestia and Luna? She is much too young to be Luna's daughter (unless her childhood is extremely long). I suppose there could be other alicorns at one point, each representing a fundamental aspect of nature or life, as Cadance obviously embodies love.

http://youtu.be/Q3xqKvOwoyk?t=4m16s

her voice sounds so familiar though... WAIT! i think i might know... that little girl from Cats Dont Dance... I must research!

Please do.

Saw derpy a few times! Sometimes with derp eyes. I wonder if now that she's famous theres one person who goes into every episode and tweaks one of her eyes, just in case...

Actually, it was revealed way back before season 2 that they were going to PLAN to put Derpy in... like, write her into the storyboards and such. She's been in like every episode of season 2, on purpose.

I do have another problem... So the queen got power from Armor's love... and yet when cadence claims their love will be more than powerful enough to stop her, she doesnt seem to care much... then bam she's dead I know unicorn power isnt powered by love, but it's obviosuly given her plenty of strength, you'd think she would be more concerned...

Well, she'd already weakened Shining Armor (thus taking his strength), and Cadence had been trapped for... heh, who knows. It was only with their powers combined that they defeated her. Queen Chrysalis was probably thinking along those lines. 'They're too weak, and heck, I just defeated Princess Celestia!' Maybe on a bit of a power trip.

I just watched it and it had me riveted, my heart pounding in the second half and many manly tears were shed throughout and did anyone notice that during the Rainboom sequence the practically transparent parody of the sparkling line going over the castle sequences used for the Disney Studios logo?

No, there were plenty of people that thought that same thing.

And really, there was a 0% chance of him showing up again, given how the writers do things as well as how they defeated Discord. It would've just be a lame cop out to use him again anyway.

I could see Discord showing up again in a flashback, but yeah, it doesn't seem very likely at all that he'll show up in the future.

Actual spoiler:

Well he's going to be in season 3.

As for RP stuff, I'm on the side of not allowing changlings to be app'd, nor the queen. She doesn't fit with the rest of the world set here at all. She had no positive motive.

Well, let's take a look at how many villains* we've allowed to be playable in the past.

Nightmare Moon

Discord

Queen Chrysalis ?

*Villain: Someone who is really powerful AND has the desire to take over Equestria. (Notice that characters like Gilda and Trixie are 'normal' and do not fit this criteria.)

Plus, Celestia accepted the fake Cadence, which means she'd been worked on, just like the others, and probably for some time. Therefore she probably wasn't at full power.

I think that crossed my mind too.

My only problem is that Cadence is an alicorn. We need an explanation. Where did she come from? It also shows that the Royal family knew about Twilight Sparkle before she went for her test to enter Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

At first I thought, "Wait, it does?" And then I realized Twilight didn't have her Cutie Mark yet.

I have to wonder, what an alicorn princess was doing as a baby sitter. I'm certain that she was supposed to be a unicorn distant relation, like Prince Blueblood, and someone up top decided that Princess meant alicorn without thinking how it would mess with the setting.

But also, a prince as an Alicorn would mess with the setting... I guess?

Also. I'm an idiot for not seeing this earlier and just realizing this.

Chrysalis's ability, power, and traits are more resemblent of a succubus than a changeling. Yes, a succubus. In G-rated, pony form with a different name. Think about it.

I noticed that too, and when she was defeated, the succubus scream from Symphony of the Night played in my head...

Yeah, tears were shed. What an episode.

They kept me guessing the whole episode, and I was not disappointed. I kept thinking I knew what was going to happen next, and as they averted the cliches, I became more and more pleased.

I am also glad that the elements of harmony were called upon, but not the final solution. Well done.

But more importantly:

Is there an official spelling for Shining Armor's nickname for Twilight? It is adorable, and I imagine I will be referring to her as such when appropriate.

The new villains...were fair. I like the Changeling Queen, but she could've really used more than the two scenes she got in her true form. I DID love her design, because it was quite a fun-looking one. In fact, it sort of reminded me of the design of the Super Mojo from the Powerpuff Girls Movie...in fact, that wouldn't be the ONLY similarity I noticed...

Wasn't there a commercial between episodes that said, "Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice?"

I don't think this was "just two episodes". Of course it wasn't, it was the season finale. However, I think this would be better suited to be called "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: The Movie". I mean, THIS WAS IT. The plot was the biggest we've seen, the twists changed EVERYTHING about the mood of the show. Everything was done, knowing it was big, and made it the biggest stage we've ever seen for a FiM episode. This is, in my opinion, the FiM movie people have wondered about. No doubt about it.

Well, Rescue From Midnight Castle was only 22 minutes. I actually thought it was longer. Though rushed, it had the feel of a movie. (The original movie, not these episodes.)

Well, let's take a look at how many villains* we've allowed to be playable in the past.

Nightmare Moon

Discord

Queen Chrysalis ?

*Villain: Someone who is really powerful AND has the desire to take over Equestria. (Notice that characters like Gilda and Trixie are 'normal' and do not fit this criteria.)

To be fair, wasn't part of the reason Discord and Nightmare Moon were disallowed the fact that they were completely dealt with in their episodes, what with Nightmare Moon reverting to Luna and Discord returning to stone?

That really didn't happen with Chrysalis. She was just repelled from Canterlot. She's still out there somewhere in Equestria with her changeling minions, likely causing trouble. It makes a lot more sense for her to be available than it does the other two.

Though she is still really powerful and really evil, so I suppose can kind of see the need to leave her out of players hands.

Really, I just hope we don't avoid the changelings entirely in the RP, since they're something cool, something canon and something there's clearly a lot of.

hi hi

That was pretty amazing, I have to say. Not what I was expecting at all, and it makes me super duper glad that I skipped out on all the spoilers. I think if someone had told me what was going to happen with the changelings or any of that, it wouldn't have had the same impact. :)

The villain(s) were not in any of the spoilers. Never. It was a surprise to us all. (Well... a few smart people probably guessed, but really, NO VILLAIN PICS/TEASERS AT ALL.)

This episode was clearly brought to you by Golden-age Disney. I think it was in fine print in the credits. If you squint REALLY HARD you'll see it. Hasbro doesn't want us to get wise to them having a time machine nor coercing past people to create an hour long special about ponies.

• Like 1

I JUST got a chance to watch this episode and Oh my gosh was it amazing! It was touching to the point where I was actually crying by the end, and Cadence is AMAZING. she is now favorite Pony Ever. I just words cannot describe how amazing this was. Speechless, I'm just speechless on it.

This episode was clearly brought to you by Golden-age Disney. I think it was in fine print in the credits. If you squint REALLY HARD you'll see it. Hasbro doesn't want us to get wise to them having a time machine nor coercing past people to create an hour long special about ponies.

Complete with a callback to the Disney intro with the line going over the castle as well. I noticed that right away but it took my sister 2 or 3 views to figure it out lol.

To be fair, wasn't part of the reason Discord and Nightmare Moon were disallowed the fact that they were completely dealt with in their episodes, what with Nightmare Moon reverting to Luna and Discord returning to stone?

That really didn't happen with Chrysalis. She was just repelled from Canterlot. She's still out there somewhere in Equestria with her changeling minions, likely causing trouble. It makes a lot more sense for her to be available than it does the other two.

Though she is still really powerful and really evil, so I suppose can kind of see the need to leave her out of players hands.

Really, I just hope we don't avoid the changelings entirely in the RP, since they're something cool, something canon and something there's clearly a lot of.

Since this is the first time we've seen them, I'm going to say they live in a land far outside Equestria. That being said, that's where they were blown back to. Seeing as it's outside of Equestria and our map...

1. They don't have a current location to Roleplay in.

2. They would only be able to Roleplay in their own land with each other.

As a last point, if someone says they came from Tartarus, remember that we don't allow other monsters from Tartarus to be playable. (As in, all the creatures from myth and lore that may live there.)

Since this is the first time we've seen them, I'm going to say they live in a land far outside Equestria. That being said, that's where they were blown back to. Seeing as it's outside of Equestria and our map...

1. They don't have a current location to Roleplay in.

2. They would only be able to Roleplay in their own land with each other.

As a last point, if someone says they came from Tartarus, remember that we don't allow other monsters from Tartarus to be playable. (As in, all the creatures from myth and lore that may live there.)

:sleep: I see what you're saying (even if I'm not sure it's clear exactly where they were all blown to)... And I did just check the transcripts and Crysalis does indeed speak as if she comes from somewhere outside Equestria, which supports this.

Still, avoiding them entirely in the RP seems like a disappointing solution, even if I guess I do see how it could be supported. :/

• Like 1

How could you NOT tell that Candice was evil? Was everypony but Twilight blind? I know she was bewitching Shining Armor, but Celestia and Luna? You both couldn't tell? Really? Especially after Twilight burst in and made that accusation... Wouldn't Celestia TRUST her MOST TRUSTED PUPIL and at LEAST look into it? Come on Celestia... You know better than that... Twilight may be over reactive at times, but she KNOWS MAGIC. I'm pretty sure she can tell the difference between a mind altering charm and a healing spell.

Yep, because we definitely saw from Lesson Zero that Twilight has an excellent grasp on the moral code and logic.

Which means that Twilight is possibly the only other pony whose magic can rival royalty.

People have been saying for awhile that she's (probably) the third strongest Unicorn/pony in Equestria.

At that point she wouldnt have even needed to be related to celestia, the castle wedding could just have been due to him being captain of the guard, that's gotta have some special perks.

Though the story would have been completely different had she not been an alicorn

Actually... the only time I remember it being relevant for her to have wings was when she and Twilight flew out of the cart, and she had to fly them out of the cave. They could have easily climbed/teleported.