hi hi

This is what I meant when I said I'd work Changelings into the RP. I just wouldn't write it down in the app, wouldn't ever break or change my disguise for fear of exile, wouldn't tell anyone about it and basically just keep it to myself. I mean, I'm feeding off the love of those around me, so it doesn't make any sense to change forms, since I'd have to start over from square one on building relationships and if I did it on a regular basis someone might catch the transformation. In essence, a difference that makes no difference. And really, who's going to stop me? It'd be a pretty epic feat if someone was able to reverse engineer my character's actions to decipher her true motivations. ;-)

Also: Have some pictures.

171036%20-%20artist%3Aスカポン太%20Chrysalis%20Japanese.jpg

170949%20-%20Chrysalis%20filly.jpg

170668%20-%20artist%3AEgophiliac%20Chrysalis.png

• Like 1

This song suddenly sprung in my head when the Changeling Queen revealed herself and the big fight scene ensued... Fitting, considering the circumstances or is my brain just being weird...

I was extremely dissapointed... because the twist was spoiled by overzealous bronies in various places...

I was also dissapointed that Discord did not return after the big announcement that John De Lancie was recording this episode (I seriously expected that Twi and cadence were going to find his statue down there and with no other hope left, release him because he was less of a threat... (or hell his spell just break with all the chaos and we get an epic Discord Vs Changeling Queen Battle Royal!

Third dissapointment - We've had 2 seasons and Twilight never mentioned her brother who's supposed to be *So* close to... really there should have been some nod to it earlier (more than likely it was contrived for the finale) Canon Failure...

Other than that, great episode!

Nearly every background pony, including cameos of some of my favorites, Luna reapers, and great songs (first and last were my favorite "BBBFF" and "Love is in the air" (I have a suspicion that that's a "real" song that Hasbro just bought the rights to and covered...)

Little dissapointed that we didnt get a classic "oops that 1 of my friends isn't really one of my friends" (was expecting the "mane 6" to break through and grab the EoH and then it be revealed that one of them was a changeling and steal said element.)

Epic battle with the changelings even if it was mostly silly rather than overly violent (though there was plenty violence to go 'round) Especially loved Dash + Flutters (girls show? where? there was supposed to be a girls show?)

Other silly little things I loved:

AJ kept putting her hat on! (Why? she's got nothing to hide, if she were a balding male I'd get it, but really...?)

The wedding cake never got it's cake-toppers of Cadence+Shining armor.

Celestia is not a goddess! There are others more powerful than her! (Why did Luna not come to her sister's aid?)

Evil Cadence hated the Party "yeah great if it were a 6-year-old's birthday party") while good Cadence joined Pinky in the goofiness!

Once again, pinkie gets bored with a waltz and cranks out some rock (callback to Gala?)

Fandom NOD! It's now Canon that Vinyl's eyes are red

Fandom NOD! Luna at the end was Rockin' Metal style!

Also the snapshots of Rarity + Fancypants, and Dashie + Soarin (and a cute suggestion, imo of SB + Spike... though really SB is nothing like rarity in personality, so to me it's more of a gag, but it's cute)

Fandom NOD! Soarin's Cutiemark was what everyone thought it was!

Background ponies - I found an adult Scootaloo recolor!

derpytongue2.png

And of course...

Best! Wedding! EVER! (oh come on, you KNEW I'd quote that!

rainbowwild.png

)

Also, interesting thing here... Celestia has implied that alicorns are uber-powered and can do anything... Cadence had 1 spell she could perform, nothing else... (Theory: Celestia is a "magic" element like Twilight, a rarity, all other alicorns are just like normal ponies with a talent and one or three spells max)

I agree with you Ashton. Actually I just revised my music thoughts and for the post Celestia defeat the background music should have shifted to Tansuun's version of Pokey Means Business with it's metal soul...

Found it. I feel it fits because it has that air of hopelessness and despair...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_GyUQt1AA

Reading back I'm seeing argument over Scratch's eye color, anyone got a 1080p screencap? (if it's already posted ignore this, I've not finished reading the thread yet)

That... was... amazing :-o

I've no doubt that part two goes in the top tier of episodes, there's just so much I liked.

Wow, Cadence is an alicorn.

Princess Celestia on the floor, defeated. Whoa, this just got serious. I never thought I'd ever see that.

Epic Pony Battle!! ... something else I never expected to see, especially considering the show's target audience. It was radically awesome, though :D Rainbow Dash was ready to throw down as always, and I admire Fluttershy's cleverness in avoiding the fight (no Flutter-rage this time...), and Pinkie Pie, of course, takes it up to eleven with her unconventional methods (Twilight as a magic machine gun and the party cannon as a real cannon, heh heh).

A rather touching deus ex that doesn't seem all that gimmicy, too. I actually liked how that worked out in the end ^_^

All in all, the stakes and intensity were greatly raised in these two episodes, giving this a feature-film sort of vibe, which was quite fun.

hi hi

Why would Discord even care to fight the changeling queen? Whats his motivation? Seems like all the chaos the changelings were causing would meet his approval. Ponies and their little lives are little more than objects to him, playthings for his amusement.

When exactly did Celestia imply that alicorns were über-powered and could do anything? I mean other than the fact that they've never been referred to as alicorns in the show, it was stated that Celestia needed the elements of harmony to fight Nightmare Moon and Discord. (Luna, Celestia and Cadence are a princesses, nobody ever calls them alicorns. We don't know if its genetic or magical, whether it is something they're born with or something that is bestowed upon them as a result of their position.)

If you ask me, while the sun might seem like a huge thing to move that requires a lot of power, I think it makes more sense that it is actually a power source instead of a power sink. Go solar power!

I think this shows that there are other powerful elements in Equestria. Elements of Harmony may be the most powerful magic, but Love is no pushover either. (The element of self respect is probably up there too. :P )

I was extremely dissapointed... because the twist was spoiled by overzealous bronies in various places...

I was also dissapointed that Discord did not return after the big announcement that John De Lancie was recording this episode (I seriously expected that Twi and cadence were going to find his statue down there and with no other hope left, release him because he was less of a threat... (or hell his spell just break with all the chaos and we get an epic Discord Vs Changeling

Fandom NOD! It's now Canon that Vinyl's eyes are red

John De Lancie didn't say he was coming back for this episode, but for a future episode in season three.

Also her eyes are magenta. :P

• Like 1

So, I actually just noticed something. It was a blink and you miss it moment, and because my Livestream was acting up during the last half of part 2, I missed it the first time.

Rainbow Dash kisses Fluttershy in this episode. I'm entirely serious. Time code 01:26 will put you closest to the mark in this video. It's heart-meltingly adorable to see the look on RD's face when she sees Fluttershy is safe, then kiss her and fly off.

HOLY BUCKING CELESTIA RIDING IN A FLYING CLOWNCAR WITH THE POPE!!!

Rainbow dash, I am so dissapointed in you, claiming your not a stereotype and then there you go hitting on the ladies... (And you, Studio-B, how could you give in to the shipping!) ...though on the bright side, best possible, imo, mane-6 ship for what it's worth...

(Yeah, I know, girls can get away with kissing each other without it meaning anything, and I'm sure that in this instance it was supposed to be like an intense hug, but still... lots of implications over the whole series that Dash + Flutters might secretly be an item, or at least a potential one...)

Also, I don't think that changlings should be in the rp. They just seem like an annoyance, and there's no reason to have one other than to cause trouble!

"But Bann, I'll make a nice changling! One that is misunderstood and hates. Being bad blah blah blah hurr durr."

No. According to canon, they're evil. You make a changling, they're evil. Do we really want a bunch of people with troll characters? And that's ignoring the fact that we don't know where they come from, and whether or not a single changling can operate away from the swarm.

I'm dissapointed in having to invoke this trope:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AlwaysChaoticEvil

I think it's possible for a player to make a changeling that's good and make good threads with them...

...but it's opening up too much trouble...

From what I've read from Skye's posts ("state of equestria") the RP is full of trolls just looking for the slightest oppertunity to send the whole game to tartarus, so anything even vaguely questionable needs to be averted and HARD, else the whole RP have to be shut down, sanitized, and restarted from the beginning.

FIM: The Movie

I agree this could very easily have been a movie, it was certianly put together well enough (not to mention had a nice helping of Canon DIScontinuity like Twi's brother, as every movie does), I think the reason it wasn't is simply because they're avoiding the "movie" marketing they did in the past.

Evil Candice has the wrong magic color? why wasnt it noticed

I dont think there is a "magic color" in-universe, I think it's only for our convenience, probably if you were a pony in equestria you'd just see the horn start glowing and magic happen...

I... just noticed... RD is dancing with a uniformless SPITFIRE! You can even see his cutiemark! You can tell from his mane... That and apparently ponies use the same amount of bars on the arms for captains... Wait... do they have a navy?! I'M SO CONFUSED!

O_o Where is she dancing with Spitfire? At the end she's dancing with Soarin... (Soarin = blue/blue, Spirfire ot orange/yellow)

Why would Discord even care to fight the changeling queen? Whats his motivation? Seems like all the chaos the changelings were causing would meet his approval. Ponies and their little lives are little more than objects to him, playthings for his amusement.

When exactly did Celestia imply that alicorns were über-powered and could do anything? I mean other than the fact that they've never been referred to as alicorns in the show, it was stated that Celestia needed the elements of harmony to fight Nightmare Moon and Discord. (Luna, Celestia and Cadence are a princesses, nobody ever calls them alicorns. We don't know if its genetic or magical, whether it is something they're born with or something that is bestowed upon them as a result of their position.)

If you ask me, while the sun might seem like a huge thing to move that requires a lot of power, I think it makes more sense that it is actually a power source instead of a power sink. Go solar power!

Isn't that obvious? "_I_ Will rule this kingdom, not you!" "How dare you, _I_ will rule this kingdom!" *begin epic Ham-to-Ham combat sequence*

Celestia raises the sun (and moon prior to 101), she defeated her sister as NMM, She can teleport, she fixed Twi's mess in lesson Zero, and I seem to remember there being 2 more instances of her magic being shown on-screen as quite powerful... really she is implied to be a physical goddess... good to see her brought down to normal

John De Lancie didn't say he was coming back for this episode, but for a future episode in season three.

Also her eyes are magenta. :P

I try to avoid spoilers, so somehow the bits I got made me think he was in this epp...

Magenta... like Dash? :P lol

I... just noticed... RD is dancing with a uniformless SPITFIRE! You can even see his cutiemark! You can tell from his mane... That and apparently ponies use the same amount of bars on the arms for captains... Wait... do they have a navy?! I'M SO CONFUSED!

I assume he meant Soarin'

So after watching the episode again... remember what we said about cutie marks and magic colour? Well Mrs. Sparkle has reddish purple magic, the same as her children, but her cutie mark doesn't match.

Magic colour is genetic.

HOLY BUCKING CELESTIA RIDING IN A FLYING CLOWNCAR WITH THE POPE!!!

Rainbow dash, I am so dissapointed in you, claiming your not a stereotype and then there you go hitting on the ladies... (And you, Studio-B, how could you give in to the shipping!) ...though on the bright side, best possible, imo, mane-6 ship for what it's worth...

(Yeah, I know, girls can get away with kissing each other without it meaning anything, and I'm sure that in this instance it was supposed to be like an intense hug, but still... lots of implications over the whole series that Dash + Flutters might secretly be an item, or at least a potential one...)

Ahaha, chill dude! It was an animation fluke. They didn't actually kiss. If you watch it frame-by-frame, yes Fluttershy is making a pouty face, but Dash is just grinning.

One of the animators on the episode confirmed it.

Oh, and the kiss sound was just a swish noise as Dash lifted Shy up. Nothing more.

Even so, FlutterDash is still my headcanon. It's too sweet not to be. :3

I was also dissapointed that Discord did not return after the big announcement that John De Lancie was recording this episode (I seriously expected that Twi and cadence were going to find his statue down there and with no other hope left, release him because he was less of a threat... (or hell his spell just break with all the chaos and we get an epic Discord Vs Changeling Queen Battle Royal!

I do belive this would of been one of the best plot twist's ever! I would of loved it yo.

I noticed Doctor Whooves running away during the changeling invasion sequence. I said to myself, "that is typical Doctor behavior but if Sonic Screwdrivers were available; oh he wouldn't be running so much as using it to aid in everyone's escape and break the chrysalis holding Celestia.

I am surprised by the moments that people say they got suspicious.

It really wasn't when she was snubbed by her foal sitter? Or when Chrysalis gave her an evil smile? Or the ominous music in the background? All in the very first scene with her!

I am surprised by the moments that people say they got suspicious.

It really wasn't when she was snubbed by her foal sitter? Or when Chrysalis gave her an evil smile? Or the ominous music in the background? All in the very first scene with her!

Thanks to getting the twist spoiled I knew there were changelings involved, but I didnt know when they'd show up or who they'd be (though I was suspicious from the get-go that Candice was going to be replaced by a changeling) I am too much of a troper, I knew when she first appeared that she was a villian. TVtropes will Ruin Your Life indeed...

This episode really exited my expectations. I thought it would be some crappy girly story with a MLP twist. I thought it wasn't up to its hype....But oh god was I wrong.....Me and my buddies were to exited and always surprised when the next step came into place...I do wanna know. Where did this new princess come from? I think she rules over another part of thier world....And I think RD did kiss FS...I dont care what anyone says! :blah: