Yet another ship thread. Rainbow Dash edition.

Rosewind

The Allurian shipscale is as follows.

Dash/Mare Do Well

Twi/Trixie

Pinkie/Gilda

Luna/Celestia

Chyrsalis/Cadence

AJ/Cherry Jubilee

Allura has spoken. :3

Your ships suck, respectfully.

Although this AJ/Cherry Jubilee intrigues me...

never FlutterDash, regardless of how cute they look together.

I so agree with this part. ;) I've said it before, but as far as I'm concerned, FlutterDash is the single worst mane 6 shipping possible.

I'm actually not sure they even look that cute together. :smug:

Dash and Rarity on the other hand, they just look so right together! <3

From best to worst:

1- RariDash

2- TwiDash

3- GilDash

4- PinkieDash

5- AppleDash

6-? other reasonable Dash ships

Last- FlutterDash

Ok ok ok, yall got it wrong up in here, Let me help you set things straight!

1: AJ x Cheerilee

2: Pinkie x Dash

3: Twi x Pinkie

4: Fluttershy x Pinkie

5: AJ x Rarity (Only cuz they look cute when they are all blushy together o//////////o)

6: Big Mac x Dash (CRACKSHIP IS AGO!)

7: Me x Cadence.....I MEAN....

hi hi

The problem with FlutterDash is that it doesn't look at the big shipping picture. After you've taken Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy out of the equation, you could easily ship either Pinkie Pie or Applejack with Twilight Sparkle, but there's no other decent match-up for Rarity, while Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash are the two best options.

hi hi

The problem with FlutterDash is that it doesn't look at the big shipping picture. After you've taken Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy out of the equation, you could easily ship either Pinkie Pie or Applejack with Twilight Sparkle, but there's no other decent match-up for Rarity, while Fluttershy or Rainbow Dash are the two best options.

Eh, I'd agree with you, but I personally think Applejack is a more than serviceable backup ship for Rarity.

Eh, I'd agree with you, but I personally think Applejack is a more than serviceable backup ship for Rarity.

Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on..

So FlutterDash is the worst ship ever because they are too different and have no chemistry, but RariJack are a good ship? What exactly is the chemistry there? Would you mind elaborating on that? I really don't see it.

• Like 1

I must be the only one who likes FlutterDash up in here.

I can see Pinkie x Dash too, though then again, Pinkie can fit with anypony, if you really thought hard enough about it...

I'm also a bit of a fan of FlutterMac, even though CheeriMac is considered canon. Both work. Mac is just a boss that way. I'm also a fan of the Twixie ship, but that's cos I find crackships hilarious.

Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on..

So FlutterDash is the worst ship ever because they are too different and have no chemistry, but RariJack are a good ship? What exactly is the chemistry there? Would you mind elaborating on that? I really don't see it.

The chemistry is: watch the sleepover ep.

They are so cute together even when they argue T_T

But I don't mind FlutterDash I only don't like it cuz I feel like RD would try to be a dominatrix to Flutter shy =(

The chemistry is: watch the sleepover ep.

They are so cute together even when they argue T_T

But I don't mind FlutterDash I only don't like it cuz I feel like RD would try to be a dominatrix to Flutter shy =(

Ah.. yes, they are cute to /watch/ arguing. They didn't seem to enjoy it so much. And their lifestyles are so polar opposite, arguably as much (if not more) then Dash and Flutters. How do you build a relationship on that? Where is the uniting factor? XD

Also, pull your mind out of the gutter, young lady, that's hardly appropriate for an all ages forum. ;D

They build their relationship off the fact that they are so different, the fact that they are so different is what makes them so good together due to the fact that one might only look at the small details but the other likes the big picture, together they would make an amazing team.

As shows in the EP, yea sure AJ pulled the tree into the Treebery but she did it so it wouldn't hit anything else, then Rarity turned it into tiny, cute, mini-trees.

That doesn't answer my question. Yes, they can work together to overcome a problem, yes, they are cute arguing with each other.

But what is their common ground? You need something to base a relationship on. For all their differences, I can name plenty of moments where RD and FS showed interest in each other's lives, and I can see it for Rarity and RD, too, to come back to Phil's suggestion. I can't think of any for AJ and Rarity, aside from the Sisterhooves Social maybe.

hi hi

The science of relationships is reasonably clear. With only one small but notable exception, people who are similar have longer lasting and overall happier relationships than those that are different pretty much across the board. It does matter what traits the couple values as important, but if people differ on traits that are important to them, that tends to produce tension and conflict in a relationship.

The one notable exception is dominance, and typically only in opposite sex couples. In same sex couples (and suggested, but not yet tested to my knowledge, also in couples that value equality) similar values for dominance do tend to increase relationship strength and satisfaction too. And I should point out that dominance/submission is not a dichotomy. It is possible to be strong in both and strong in neither. (There are people out there who do not take or give orders well, and those who work well taking orders from one person and turning around and ordering subordinates.)

Buss, David M. (1985). Human mate selection.

• Like 1

hi hi

They could meet, oh I dunno, stallions (or at least others outside the core group). Just sayin' opposite-sex parings aren't illegal. :}