[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

Light listened to the explanation that Applejack tried to give him as to the reason for the kiss. It was confusing to say the least. He understood the "for big ponies" part, a phrase that he knew all to well in his life. The part of being friends and loving each other but Applejack and Luna not being in love was tricky. Maybe the earth pony meant that best friends kissed like that.

The pony was then kissed on the lips by Applejack. While it wasn't the long kiss that he had seen with Luna, when he was kissing her, it felt like time had stopped and the world around him dissolved away. He felt an overwhelming sense of joy, like his birthday, Nightmare Night, and Hearth's Warming Day all rolled into one and scented with apples that he tasted.

Then the colt was set down, still dumbfounded by what he experienced. He realized then that the kiss was over and his turn in line was done. Still there was one ore thing for him to do.

[colour=#DAA520]"Thanks for that," [/colour]Light said unable to mention anything else. He then took his apples and went over to Princess Luna.

[colour=#DAA520]"Um... Princess Luna? I have a question, a magic question. Do you know of any books or any ponies that know of Light Magic that I can learn from. There doesn't seem to be anypony here in town that can teach me it." [/colour]

Mythos was coming up next and he found the exchange between the princess and the earth pony farmer to be most interesting indeed… especially the second kiss which he enjoyed very much as he had never been a stallion that disliked two mares kissing nor the chance to actually see one of the princesses kiss someone. He did wonder how his interaction with Princess Luna would go, as it seemed she was a mare with high standard in both food and kissing.

The gray stallion turned his eyes away from the princess after she walked away from the stand to the young colt he had spoken with before, Guiding Light was his name, and his eagerness to kiss the mare and her keeping him back to explain it would seem for him to hold his horses but also to explain the passion of the second kiss between her and the princess. He tilted his head at her words, seeing that he and her saw the act of kissing a pony differently. Mythos saw kissing as an expression that you like and enjoy the company of a pony, even if they are not your special somepony. For good or for bad to Mythos kissing a mare was much like shaking a pony’s hoof in many ways.

Finally Mythos realized it was his turn and he walked up to the mare and bows deeply saying, [colour=#4B0082]“I must say my time in line has been most interesting, yet I am glad to finally meet for myself such a lovely and respectable farm mare. If I remember correctly it is 5 bits a barrel... plus a kiss correct?”[/colour] Mythos smiles warmly at the mare before him considering not only her appearance but also what she had said and done since he had joined the line.

• Like 1

Professor Ashen Smirk had never been fact to face with an angry griffon before, and regardless of the size of the creature in question, the experience was not one he cared to repeat. Thankfully, he wasn’t the target for long, as after a yell of “I'm not short!” Razor had spun away, only to be himself stunned by a verbal onslaught from the manic mare that seemed intent on monopolising him.

Ashen’s train of thought was completely derailed by the barrage of blissful babbling that followed, collateral damage from a salvo which had left the griffon rather subdued. Ashen’s brain tried to keep up with the torrent emerging from the pink pony’s mouth, but could only process the occasional phrase.

[colour=#ED458B]“…bet you'd have a pretty good advantage if you ever went bobbing for apples. OH! That's a great…”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]This is ridiculous.[/colour]

[colour=#ED458B]“…trying to make doughnuts but I wasn't sure how to put a hole in them, so I tried using the rim…”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]I’ve been able to match wits with some of the finest-[/colour]

[colour=#ED458B]“…go over too well. Did I mention you have really neat fur…”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]-scholars Canterlot could offer. Surely I can work out the-[/colour]

[colour=#ED458B]“…don't need to go on a diet, you're little enough! I mean uh, vertically challenged! Oh…”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]-common thread here and deduce her intended-[/colour]

[colour=#ED458B]“…stumbled into a den of raccoons! I frightened them, and they accidentally ran into…”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]-message, no matter how cryptic she wishes to be about it.[/colour]

At this point, two things dawned on Ashen Smirk. The first was that ponies outside the halls of Canterlot University didn't necessarily share the academic habit of treating conversation as an intellectual challenge. He had assumed that any diatribe as ostensibly chaotic as the one he was privy to would have some kind of hidden structure, some key that would open up another layer of meaning.

The mention of raccoons threw that idea out of the window. In Professor Smirk’s esteemed opinion, the only thing that a raccoon could symbolise was a small mammal with distinctive facial markings.

The second realisation was that he had been completely ignored. In academic circles he had been infamous if not renowned, and he had rarely left the orbit of the University since his late colt-hood. People had always listened to him, even if only to vehemently disagree with what he had to say.

He resisted his inclination to object to this treatment, and then realised why. Being completely unheeded was actually rather refreshing.

[colour=#008080]Another reminder of how toxic and self-absorbed the Canterlot attitude actually is; not everything has to revolve around academia. Besides, I won’t have to put up with it for long, Stalliongrad is bound to be more enlightened than this little town.[/colour]

So thinking, he turned back to his former student, his grin vanishing into a thoughtful frown.

[colour=#008080]“Well that was unproductive. I do hope such behaviour isn’t considered normal in these parts, although the fact that everyone else seems unfazed by that rosy ruffian’s actions would seem to imply that it is.”[/colour]

The smirk flashed across his face briefly as he contemplated this irritating prospect.

[colour=#008080]“Then again, it could just be they’re used to this particular mare. Aren’t you from these parts Doctor Snail, which is it?”[/colour]

[colour=#008080]Please tell me this is just the local eccentric, you’ll be my favourite student forever…[/colour]

• Like 3

30jk84h.jpg

An odd silence followed as the griffon and the pink pony ignored Professor Smirk. Doing nothing to break the silence, Spin Tale stared at the mare while she pestered the poor griffon to oblivion. Spin thought something seemed a bit familiar about the energetic mare; true, he couldn’t recollect having actually meeting her before, but Dr. Tail got the feeling that he recognized her from somewhere nonetheless. Spin guessed that he half-remembered the pink pony from a news story or two in The Canterlot Times, but what those stories were eluded him at this time. Dr. Tale's recollection was never at it's absolute best whenever the agony of line-waiting bothered the earth pony.

Before Spin Tale could dwell on the matter any further, his old professor turned his attention back to Spin and asked him about the pink mare. Somehow, Smirk got the impression that Dr. Tale actually came from the town of Ponyville. Seeking to correct the professor, Spin replied; [colour=#ff6666]“I wouldn’t know, Professor. The only other time I’ve been to this town was a couple years’ back, and nopony then acted as errr…. lively as this mare here.”[/colour] Shrugging, Dr. Tail continued; [colour=#ff6666]“As far as I know, the average resident of Ponyville is just as... well, normal as anypony else in Equestria.”[/colour]

• Like 1

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]As the next customer walked up, Applejack took a deep breathe. She was one quarter the way done with her sales. There still was a lot of work to be done.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Howdy!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack greeted the next pony in line, who was a silver unicorn stallion. It was somewhat of a relief to get another pony that had the same height as her. Mythos complimented Applejack. [/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Aw, you don't gotta go all inta that. Itain't nothin'!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack corrected him. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Five bits to a bushel."[/colour][colour=#000000] She winked at him. She could tell already that this sale was going to go well. She took a bushel of Red Delicious apples and shoved them forward. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "One bushel and one kiss. Is that all you need?"[/colour]

((Line order error corrected, thank you BrainedBySaucepans))

73 Kisses left!

[colour=#008080]Next up[/colour]

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Carrot Cake/Pumpkin Cake

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

-Enforced immediately: I've been very forgiving in this thread when it comes to amout of content, but it's getting a little out of hoof, now. Effective immediately, I will be putting a 5 sentence minimum on all future RP posts in this thread. Please try to be thorough and descriptive with your ponies, your pony's thoughts, and your pony's actions. There's more to a pony post than just what they are saying.

-Princess Luna is a pony of royalty. Any pony in line who wants to recognize her and let her cut in front of them is allowed to. Every player is responsible for their character. The line order applies to the princess too, but if characters want to change positions in line, that is allowed.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

[colour=#FF8C00]Kissed[/colour]

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Prime had made his way back to the line and gave up on re-re-running his plans in his head. Instead, he closed his eyes and listened to everypony speaking. He had learned a few interesting things, though mostly useless to him, about some of the ponies in line with.

He also found himself quite amused by the chatter between the griffon and the pink mare… Pinkiepie was it? that were standing… in front of him now along with two other ponies.[colour=#daa520] ‘UUUHHH!!! It’s true what they say; good ponies never end out ahead, and in this case literally.’[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]“At least I making light of it,”[/colour] he said out loud. Maybe a little too loud, [colour=#daa520]‘hopefully no one heard me and I didn’t just make myself look crazy’[/colour] he thought to himself still keeping his eyes closed just in case somepony was staring so he could avoid an awkward situation.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]As the next customer walked up, Applejack took a deep breathe. She was one quarter the way done with her sales. There still was a lot of work to be done.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Howdy!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack greeted the next pony in line, who was a silver unicorn stallion. It was somewhat of a relief to get another pony that had the same height as her. Mythos complimented Applejack. [/colour] [colour=#FF0000]"Aw, you don't gotta go all inta that. Itain't nothin'!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack corrected him. [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"Five bits to a bushel."[/colour][colour=#000000] She winked at him. She could tell already that this sale was going to go well. She took a bushel of Red Delicious apples and shoved them forward. [/colour][colour=#FF0000] "One bushel and one kiss. Is that all you need?"[/colour]

Mythos smiles warmly at the mare before saying with a nod, "Yes, five bits to a bushel." Looking over the mare he says with a grin, "any chance by buying more then a bushel I could get two kisses." He says with partly in jest and his voice suggested as much but his face was also serious if cheerful as he continues, "I do not feel a single kiss will give justice to such a lovely mare as yourself... yet I am fine with only one if that is what you wish." The stallion holds out 20 bits with his hoof, offering them to her if she wished to have them. He look like a friendly sort, but his matters and request might at least suprised Applejack.

• Like 1

[colour=#000080]Luna watched the next pony in line make his way over to her, after receiving his apples and kiss. It was the little one, Guiding Light, who's special talent had entranced her. She smiled at him as he approached, trying to be inviting to the yellow Unicorn. She felt it a little odd that somepony so young was going around kissing mares, but she certainly wasn't going to say anything, as it wasn't her business to pry.

She listened to his question, giving a “hmmm” as she thought about it. “Well, I haven't met a whole lot of ponies yet, so I couldn't really say. But Ponyville is a farming town, you know, so finding a teacher here might be difficult. Of course, Canterlot isn't that far, if you're parents would be willing to take you, and there are an abundance of unicorns there. If you're looking for something closer to home, though, the Ponyville library surely has plenty of books on magic. There's a unicorn who works there too, Twilight Sparkle. She might be able to help you find a spell book, seeing as that's her field of expertise. She might even teach you a bit, if you ask nicely.” Luna wanted to get through as many questions as she could, so she tried to keep her answer brief. After all, she still had to go on a tour with Apple Bloom, and make it home to Canterlot in time to raise the moon.[/colour]

Guiding Light listened to Princess Luna's words about what to do with his need to learn about his light magic.

[colour=#DAA520]"Hmmm.... well I've been to the library in Ponyville, but I didn't see anything about light magic. I haven't actually had time to meet Twilight Sparkle yet although I've heard about her. I can try meeting her. As for Canterlot, maybe my parents can take me there to meet a pony there that could teach me."[/colour]

It wasn't the direct answer that the colt was looking for, but he at least had an idea of a few avenues to try.

[colour=#DAA520]"Thanks for your help Princess Luna. I'll keep those ideas in mind. So... I hope to see you in Ponyville again!" [/colour]

With a little bow, Light took his apples and proceeded down the dirt road leading out of the farm, back to town and his family.

(OOC: Exit Guiding Light. Thanks all!)

[colour=#d2b48c]Inkwell was not a social butterfly like his sister. Sometimes he didn't particularly care to talk to ponies for hours at a time, not like his sister. And so while he waited in line, watching the other ponies make idle conversation, he was content to sketch them as they talked. He got a fairly good sketch of the two academic-looking ponies standing and talking next to each other, and then he got lucky enough to catch the sight of Applejack and Princess Luna kissing. Or at least he would have if it weren't for that flashbulb camera that Granny Smith and that elderly stallion used to capture the moment for posterity. He frowned and shook his head, but started to draw outlines of their heads, anyway. "Come on, imagination, don't fail me now," he mumbled.

Just as he was about to start drawing their eyes, he happened to overhear more of the conversation between the academic ponies in line behind him.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"Well that was unproductive," [/colour]the older, blonde-haired stallion commented.[colour=#008080] "I do hope such behaviour isn’t considered normal in these parts, although the fact that everyone else seems unfazed by that rosy ruffian’s actions would seem to imply that it is. [/colour][colour=#008080]Then again, it could just be they’re used to this particular mare. Aren’t you from these parts Doctor Snail, which is it?”[/colour]

[colour=#FF6666]"I wouldn’t know, Professor," [/colour][colour=#282828]his companion replied. [/colour][colour=#FF6666]"The only other time I’ve been to this town was a couple years’ back, and nopony then acted as errr…. lively as this mare here. [/colour][colour=#FF6666]As far as I know, the average resident of Ponyville is just as... well, normal as anypony else in Equestria."[/colour]

[colour=#d2b48c]"Um, actually," Inkwell said, leaning forward, "there's nopony around here like Pinkie Pie, and I'm kind of grateful for that." The thought of there being more than one of Pinkie Pie hopping around Ponyville made Inkwell shiver. "Not that she's a bad girl once you get to know her. She's lots of fun." Only now that he started clearing up that misconception about Pinkie Pie did he realize that he'd butted in on a conversation that didn't involve him. He gave both of those ponies a sheepish smile and folded his ears back. "Just wanted to get that out in the open. Sorry to interrupt." [/colour]

• Like 1

Pinkie Pie blushed, looking down at the little griffon in her arms. She had him in a tight earth pony hug of great friendship and love. [colour=#ED458B]"Let go of you?! Er...oops! Sorry about that!" [/colour]She released her arms, unceremoniously letting gravity have its way.with the sandcat-colored griffon. [colour=#ED458B]"I like your feathers! So if you don't like apple bobbing, what do little, teensy griffons do for fun?! Sometimes I like to walk upside down eating cake! Isn't it neat you can swallow upside down? I mean like, shouldn't all the food fall out of your tummy and bllleeecch everywhere if you're the wrong way up? Wrong way down? Down wrong up down?" [/colour]

She moved her brilliant blue eyes up and down, pondering deeply. [colour=#ED458B]"I think there are little ropes in your tummy that tie all the yummy stuff down while you digesty-westy it!" [/colour]Pause. [colour=#ED458B]"Do you have a special somegriffon?" [/colour]Pinkie nudged Razor, smiling and winking. [colour=#ED458B]"You can tell Pinkie Pie! She won't tell anypony! I happen to know one that visited Ponyville once! She's the sweetest griffon ever!"[/colour]

Razor breathed a sigh of relief when he was finally released from the hug. In fact he didn't even register his plummet to the ground until he hit the ground. He quickly got up, a talon over his heart. Was it still beating? He thought it was but it was hard to make it. Was he blushing? He hoped not, bad enough he looked like a fool if ponies found out he blushed from being hugged by a girl what would they think of him? What would they think of griffons?

"I....It's al-" Razor began but that small comment cut him off and he twitched violently this time, his talons digging into the ground leaving deep gouges in the dirt.

"You....I......you...you you....." Razor growled low before looking away and taking a deep breath and swallowing. A calm look on his face once more; sure he was told it wasn't healthy for him to do this but nothing had happened to him yet.

He turned back around, "While I don't really know how you walk upside down, if you want to know for what I do for fun its one simple thing. I race. There is no greater freedom then stooping from ten thousand feet in the air, or flying at two hundred miles an hour through tough terrain. Pure adrenaline rush."

Razor chuckled when he heard Pinkie's theory on how food didn't fall out of your mouth upside down, but when he brought up with special somegriffon comment, he went dead silent and paled slightly.

"I....I......Nnngh....I..." Razor tried to say something but each time he tried he couldn't get the words out. And each time he failed to do that, he just felt smaller and smaller and more and more pathetic.

'What did I do to deserve this? Did I insult some powerful universal power or something? Or am I just doomed to be tortured for my life?' Razor thought as he tried to figure out a way to save himself from more embaressment. He was a griffon, how was this happening to him!?!

"I....I......Yyyyesssss. I do...." Razor said stiffly, not daring to make eye contact and instead looked at the sky as he rubbed the back of his head, "she just......lives back home in Rockwington."

'What am I doing? That was the worse lie in the history of lies. No way she's gonna fall for it.' Razor thought in defeat. Hoping something would fall on him from the sky and end his embaressment.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]The silver stallion asked for more than one kiss, and even gave a half-serious suggestion that a single kiss with Applejack wouldn't be good enough. Applejack decided to joke back, the mean way. [/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"What are you sayin'? Are you tryin' to say that my kisses are less than great that you need more than one to be happy?" [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack looked at the pony sternly, and then lifted a friendly smile.[/colour] [colour=#ff0000] "Ha, nice trah buddy, but its limit one kiss per customer,"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Applejack said as she remembered her kisses with the Princess,[/colour][colour=#ff0000] "except Luna. She was an exception. Obviously."[/colour] [colour=#000000] Applejack gave a shrug as if to indicate that there was nothing more she could do to please the pony she was serving. He would just have to suffice. Applejack was pretty sure he was happy anyways.

She took the twenty bits, and pushed four bushels of apples towards him. [/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Gee, I sure hope a tough stallion like you can carry all these apples at once."[/colour] [colour=#000000]Applejack winked at him, while walking right up to his face, and then gave him a convincing kiss on the lips for a appletastic second or two. Applejack turned and walked back behind her counter. [/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Thanks for your purchase, buddy. Be sure to tell your friends how much you love Sweet Apple Acres'® apples!"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Who's next in line?"[/colour] [colour=#000000]Applejack saw a red pegasus stallion making his way towards the front of the line.[/colour]

72 Kisses left!

29. Harrington Sleuth

31. Inkwell

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

On hold:

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"Time ta git back to work, brother!" [/colour][/colour][/colour]Granny Smith neighed as she got back to her position at the booth.

[colour=#006400]"But vhat about dee picture in dat fancy camera of yours?" [/colour]Apple Strudel asked. [colour=#006400]"Did you vant me to go develop dem so vee can see all dee vonderba pictures vee took?"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Got it covered already!" [/colour]the elderly mare shouted as she placed one hoof to her mouth to give out a loud whistle. Swooping down from above was a young Pegasus colt with a smile on his face. [colour=#00FF00]"Here ya go, sonny! Take this here camera to that thar photo studio in Ponyville and bring'm back here when the pictures are all developed. When ya git back, I'll give ya a bushel of apples fer FREE!"[/colour]

Granny Smith tossed the camera up to the airborn colt. The long strap around the camera landed perfectly around the happy colt's neck before he soared off towards town.

[colour=#006400]"Mein sister, you never cease to amaze me!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Enough yammerin', Strudel, bring more apples up here so we can give'm out!" [/colour]

The stallion realized that she must have misunderstood what he had meant, and through such lost his chance for a truly enjoyable kiss as she gave him a brief one instead. He bows before explaining, [colour=#4b0082]“I apologize, you seem to have misunderstood me. My request for more than one kiss was not because I believe your kisses are not good enough simply…” [/colour]He considers for a moment on how to explain himself before coming up with an analogy she would understand and says, [colour=#4b0082]“it is more how a pony enjoys the taste of a wonderful slice of apple pie and wishes for another. Your kiss would be like such, and I sought more than one.”[/colour]

Sighing, knowing it was unlikely he would be able to salvage what he had hoped to gain he smiles at the mare and says, [colour=#4b0082]“and not I cannot even give you the kiss I had planned, one I feel you would enjoy as much as I would. One the apples I will figure out a way to get them to where I need to go, perhaps I can ask for something with wheels that I can pull with my magic and return it to you Miss Applejack? I would be most grateful.” [/colour]He gives the mare another tilt of his head as he took a step back and waited for her reply.

Harrington looked ahead to see that he was next in line and was a little startled when he saw nopony ahead of himself and galloped the short distance to the booth. He smiled sheepishly at Applejack *squee* and peeked behind her at the bushels of apples they had set out to prepare for this event, then back to the proprietor. His wings twitched as he spoke.

[colour=#ff0000]"H-hello, miss...I am Harrington Sleuth, private investigator...and I've heard word that you sell some of the finest apples in all of Equestria...and seeing as how I'm around for the time being...I felt I had to come see for myself......I'm flattered to meet you, miss...Applejack, was it?"[/colour]

His cheeks would be slightly red if his coat already didn't match that particular shade.

[colour=#ff0000]Keep it together...it's not like you're searching for a special somepony out here. You came for apples. The kiss is a bonus, not the objective.[/colour]

He smiled again and reached around to pull up his pouch of bits to pay for his bushels as he tried to decide on how many to purchase amid a few other thoughts, some of which worried him. Would this turn into something of a glass ceiling? But then again, there had been several others ahead of him, some of which he figured were stallions about as old as himself, and Applejack didn't seem to be fawning over them. She still appeared to maintain a business-like composure. At least in front of her family, especially her little sister, Apple Bloom, who he met earlier.

[colour=#ff0000]"So has there even been any need for an investigator nearby this little town? I was just wondering since news from around here reach quite a ways regularly now. It seems a bit of an expectation every week that some interesting development hits news as far as Fillydelphia. It never takes more than a day or two for it to reach my native Baltimare. I was just wondering if anypony had any use for a pony of my talents...heheh..."[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Luna bid Guiding Light farewell, hoping that she had been able to aid the foal even though it seemed he had already tried her advice before she gave it. “Oh, and feel free to write me in Canterlot. She called out, as an afterthought. He seemed a little disappointed by her answer—after all, there was nothing particularly special about it, nothing that anypony else wouldn't have said. Unfortunately, Luna knew that her time was limited today, so there wasn't really time for her to have lengthy discussion or give any lessons. Besides, Guiding Light was from Ponyville. A simple one day lesson hardly would have done any good, and the trek to Canterlot for something more permanent would be too much strain for his family. Not that Luna really had time for such things, today was just an exception for her leaving the castle so early in the day. Well, hopefully there wouldn't be many more ponies who needed to chat with her.[/colour]

Pinkie Pie totally fell for Razor's fib. She flopped down on her tummy, putting her hooves on her chin. She grinned, looking up dreamily at Razor. [colour=#ED458B]"Really?! Tell me about her! I don't know many griffons, maybe she'll be pen pals with me or something! We can talk cute things about you behind your back and plan to have a slumber party sometime! Wouldn't that be so much fun! Oh, but you wouldn't be invited. Actually, I suppose we could dress you up like a girl and you could come. Would my old gala dress fit you? It's pink with blue ribbons and embroidered candy accents! Rarity made it for me! It's so much fun to wear, though I dunno why you'd want to wear a dress at a slumber party."[/colour]

Pinkie smiled at her new friend, reaching up to him to poke his feathery cheek. [colour=#ED458B]"I can see why you have a special somegriffon, you have such cute little stripes! Teeheehee! Want to come over to Sugarcube Corner later and eat cupcakes until dinner time? Then we can have dinner and cupcakes for dessert!"[/colour]

Razor blinked, and looked at Pinkie surprised. Did she actually fall for it?

'Wow....that was easy.' Razor thought.

Realizing that he was being questioned for clarification Razor quickly tried to think of what to say. If he was caught in the lie now it would make him look bad.

"Oh uh.... she's like any other griffon. She has uh....an eagle head and lion body. But she is, like me, all cool." Razor said, puffing out his chest with pride. But he immediatly blushed with embaressment when Pinkie said what she and his none existent girlfriend would talk about.

"I'm not cute." Razor muttered softly to himself as he looke away just embaressed.

What Pinkie said next thought made his head feathers stand up and he turned and looked at her, "Whata!?! I would rather be plucked of all my feathers then wear a dress!"

When Pinkie described the dress, Razor just twitched. The entire thing sounded sugary and sweet, it just matched this pink pony to a T.

"Well, this Rarity must certainly be skilled in ensemble design. Just hearing it described matches you to a T. Sugary." Razor said, blushing at the cute reference. Both in embaressment and the fact that a girl was calling him cute, "uh....I don't really eat sweets. And don't you think you should ask your parents before you invite somegriffon over for dinner?"

Razor was a bit unsure of the invitation on a few things. One: he wasn't much of a social bug, and he was sure that if he spent too much time with this pony he would end up in more unpleasant situations or conversations. Two: It would be rather odd for a predatory species to meal with a prey species. Not that Razor would ever eat a pony, but the natural order of things just said it did not happen.

Prime had continued to listen to the crowd, his attention progressively narrowing to the conversation between the pony and the griffon. He knew a lie when he heard one and Razor’s was all too obvious of course he wasn’t about to sell him out, he was lucky that the pink mare hadn’t spotted it immediately. Prime chuckled to himself at the griffon’s embarrassment.[colour=#daa520] ‘Yeah, you’re not cute, you’re adorable.’[/colour] He nearly burst out right then at the internal joke.

The griffon looked like he desperately just wanted to fly away at this point. He figured the least he could is offer to help. Waiting to catch the griffon’s eye he lipped out [colour=#daa520]“you. need. Help?”[/colour] as soon as he was certain the griffon saw him.[colour=#daa520] ‘hopefully he can read lips and will understand me.’[/colour]

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack was being flattered by the silver unicorn. For some reason, she saw that he was enjoying what was given, but expecting more. But she couldn't possibly give all the attention and a super passionate kiss to him just because he asked for it. Applejack was starting to think that maybe Luna's royal session made the product for sale a little less valuable. The apples might also suffer value. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Oh, sorry, buddy."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack nodded, agreeing to help the pony take his apples. She pushed his way a small wagon big enough for putting the bushels on. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"You just give it back whenever you're done with it. And if you really want to spend more time on the farm, you can always visit us some other time!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack waved to Mythos, hoping that he would accept his invitation for friendship, and pull back on the reigns of wanting another kiss.

The next pony in line seemed a bit nervous. It was cute. And Applejack loved a pony who showed these kinds of vulnerabilities. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Yes, Applejack. But you can just call me AJ if you want. All my friends and family do. What can I get you?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack was intrigued that he was a private investigator. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Private investigatin', huh? Yeah, not a whole lot of mysterious stuff happens around these parts."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack looked down at her treasure chest and had seen that it was practically full. This was good news. But she would need a new empty chest in order to complete her transactions and keep the bits from just mounding under her body. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Apple Bloom! Go fetch me another chest, would ya?"[/colour]

72 Kisses left!

29. Harrington Sleuth

31. Inkwell

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom had made a conscious decision to keep up with Applejack's happenings at the front of the line as opposed to bopping around the back. As much as she was a fan of meeting everypony who ventured into the farm for this event, and you better believe she did, she had fallen behind on requests and orders from her big sis. She was a big pony who didn't need to be ordered around all day, but she was an Apple and that meant you helped one another. Her sister was too involved with kissing everypony that bought a bushel, she couldn't possibly keep tabs on the numerous other activities on the farm. For example, the Princess wasn't fara way. She was meeting with all sorts of ponies. She was going to have a farm tour via Apple Bloom. It was all very important stuff that only Apple Bloom kept tabs on. Because she was going to show a Princess around the farm. She. Apple Bloom. Princess. Guided tour of the farm. She. Apple Bloom. Princess Luna!

She was snapped out of her lapse in concentration by Applejack's booming voice, asking for another little bit chest. She took a quick gander at what they had out and saw the chest was plum full. How many bits had it been? Twenty-seven ponies, but a few had paid more or less. Tonight was gonna be a fun one when she sat down to count all the bits that would go towards making the Apple family just that much more prepared for the slow season. That and who else was going to count it all, Applejack?

[colour=#ff0000]"Ah got it, Applejack!"[/colour] the filly proclaimed and giggled as the image of a frustrated and counting Applejack filtered through her mind before rearing up and starting a determined gallop towards the house.

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh, well, that's good to hear some place around here doesn't have too much in need of solving. Would be nice to drop by for a while if my freelance job takes it out of me...I suppose I'll take two bushels of apples. Could be a while before I stock up again and I have no idea what else I might run into around Equestria. Or who I'd need to lend help to."[/colour] He pulled out his sack of bits and dumped a few on the table, counted them and shook out three more when he saw seven bits. His chest started pounding on the inside as his nerves crept in as the realization sunk in of what else was about to occur.

[colour=#ff0000]It's a simple gesture, really. Even if it means something, it probably doesn't mean THAT much...and it shouldn't for either of us. Even if I haven't ever had a significant somepony before, this is just accepting her gratitude.[/colour]

His pupils dilated a little as he tried justifying why he shouldn't have been so worried to himself. He cleared his throat and set his pouch of bits back in a pocket.

[colour=#ff0000]"So how did you come up with this idea?"[/colour]

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff0000]"You never know, mister. You might love mah apples so much you'll eat 'em all before you get back to where ever you going,"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack joked. She saw that he had put ten bits on the table. She shoveled them to the edge of the table only, as Apple Bloom had not come back from getting another empty money chest. Applejack took the next variety bushels in line behind her and carried them to her customer, who at this point started sweating a little and shaking. He seemed completely aware of what was to happen.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Well, actually, its wasn't my idea, it was my sister's. Isn't that right Apple Bloom?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack noogied her sister lightly on the head right as she came back from the barn. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Maybe she'll get her cutie mark for having great ideas!"[/colour][colour=#000000] She turned back to her customer. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "But we need a small boost in sales and this is what we decided to do."[/colour][colour=#000000] She looked at the line, as it backed up towards the orchard entrance. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"I guess it worked, huh?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack chuckled.

Applejack leaned forward towards the cute stallion and gave him a kiss. She tilted her head with the curvature of the pair's lips as if they were both puzzle pieces int a semi-romantic display of selling apples. A few seconds later, she pulled away with a snapping of the mouth. She looked at him flirtatiously, [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Solve that mystery, Sugarcube."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Next in line was a familiar face. Two in fact! I wonder what this stallion, and what he would probably call the prettiest filly in the world need apples for.[/colour]

71 Kisses left!

31. Inkwell

33. Parhelion

34. Star Storm

35. Master Mustang

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

The Apples weren't well known for their amazing inventory of buckets and chests but that didn't mean they weren't near-hoarders of them. Big buckets and small buckets for the bushels were a common sight, strategically placed throughout the orchard and next to their stands, even in their bedrooms, bathrooms and the kitchen. It was just that they were so often holding dozens of apples that everypony was perfectly happy to stare at rather than the boring old buckets. Heck, the poor buckets were even more boring than the myriad chests which dotted the farm. Most held belongings or some official looking documents, but once in a while you could find an unused one. After a few minutes of searching and galloping about, she found an empty chest at the foot of Applejack's bed. Well, there weren't any better options for the filly to take. She tossed the chest on her back and started her move out to the stand.

It wasn't easy, not in the slightest. She wasn't the strongest filly in the world even if she was in pretty good shape, and her reserves of energy only appeared to others to be endless. The day had been long and as she trotted towards the stand, the sweat and burning of her muscles told her everything she needed to know. Apple Bloom was running low on steam. Luckily, she reached the stand before the effects brought her low. She finished with a nice, gentle canter, taking deep breaths as she gently laid the chest down and with somewhat shaky hooves pushed it into place. Apple Bloom had done it, and with no time to spare!

[colour=#ff0000]"'Ere ya go, Ap-"[/colour] She started to proclaim before her big sis completed her daily big sister task of giving her a noogie, the little pony caught off guard and giggling as she tried in vain to fight her attacker off. There wasn't much time to fight though and by the time she was able to mount any sort of defense, she was helping her big sis' hoof away rather than pushing. She let out another little giggle as her sister gave her a compliment.

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah, Ah'd get a cutie mark in great ideas an' it'd look like a kissin' booth with a big ol' bit sign on top,"[/colour] She said, inspecting her flank just to...nope, no cutie mark. She was too busy inspecting it to follow her sister's epic flirting though, which was well and good. No more blushing was allowed this day! The filly finished her inspection and tossed her two front hooves on top of the table, having to pull herself up slightly to see over the top. She knew the next customers rather well!

[colour=#ff0000]"Howdy thar, Mr. Cake!" [/colour]She waved excitedly, noticing his adorable little foal hadn't caused havoc in a world record five minutes.