[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

Moonstone gave a little 'oh' as she was kissed on the cheek, but smiled very brightly and leaned in to return the peck on before Apple Bloom could get away, kissing the littler filly on the cheek in return and giving her a gently pat to the head, only to lean in and whisper in a somewhat conspiratorial tone. [colour=#33ccff]"I think your bow looks really pretty...!"[/colour]

Smiling even more, she accepted her bushel of apples and paid the five bits, her horn glowing as it deposited the apples into her saddlebags. [colour=#33ccff]"I did, thank you!"[/colour] Waving a hoof goodbye in Applejack's direction, the Canterlot Unicorn made her way out of the farm, thinking she might just stop into Ponyville while she was here... after all, a train ride back would be much faster.

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack thought positively about the Orange Fair business, but also noticed how it misled the business for today. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Of course I will, Valen. I'll send the same value in apples they send me in them citrus-y fruits. And don't worry about shipping, I'll talk to my parcel service provider and get that all sorted out."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack smacked Valen lightly on his back. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Today, Valen, we're celebrating an Applekiss. For every purchase of a bushel or more of apples for five bits, I'll give a free kiss to them." [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack said as Apple Bloom grazed the cheek of Moonstone. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"And, maybe Apple Bloom and Granny have been known to help carry that burden for me a little, heh. So what about you Valen. Wanna buy some apples for a free kiss from one of your cousins? You do look kinda hungry."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack winked as she jokingly considered the idea that Valen was here to buy apples in the first place. But of course, if the conversation would gauge that direction, nothing would stop Applejack from being able to get another sale in the books.[/colour]

((UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.))

55 Kisses left!

[colour=#008080]Next up[/colour]

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

48. Trixie :shifty:

49. Zelda

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Luminous Charge (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Cherry Berry (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Wild Riot (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

[colour=#FF8C00]Kissed[/colour]

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Star Storm :smug:

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

Applejack.pngMadden.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith smiles when Valen asks her what's going on.

[colour=#00ff00]"Well Valen, me and Apple Strudel here's been helpin' AppleJack all day with this here big Apple sale! We've had a lot of famous visitors, like Princess Luna and Fancy Pants and.."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"But mein sister, dat Fancy Pants guy turned out to be a fraud!" [/colour]Uncle Apple Strudel chimed in, [colour=#006400]"It vas dat evil svinehoit Flam!"[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"What? Oh yeah! That Flam feller! Ya shoudda seen me, Valen! Why I reared back an' kicked that crazy galoot up ta the moon pertin' near! I ain't kicked nuttin that hard in decades! And his no good brother Flim showed up here too! Them two bamboozlers make me SO mad I wanna SCREAM!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Nein! Calm down, mein sister," [/colour]the bearded stallion pleaded as the elderly mare shook in anger. Noticing her distress, Mojo broke out in a slow lullaby song that slowly brought peace to the Apple Matriarch.

[colour=#8b4513]"There now, love, ya feelin' chilled out?" [/colour]Mojo asked after his short song was done.

[colour=#006400]"Vunderba! Granny Smith is smiling again! Danka herr Mojo!"[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"That was some jim dandy singin', Mojo. Why don't ya sing ta AppleJack oncest yur turn comes up in line?"[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]"Sing ta AppleJack? I don't know if she digs my singin', Granny."[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"Sure! My AppleJack loves yur singin', betcha y'all could sweep her off her feet with it!"[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]"Say what?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"VHAT!!!"[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"Never ya mind, young feller, you jist git up thar in line and git ready ta sing!" [/colour]Granny neighed, using her front hooves to try to push the Paint stallion closer up the line.

[colour=#006400]"Stop dat, Granny! I don't tink AppleJack vould like all dis dat you are sayin' ta..." [/colour]Uncle Apple Strudel's words stopped when Granny shoved an apple into his open mouth.

[colour=#00ff00]"Hush now, Strudel," [/colour]she whispered, [colour=#00ff00]"maybe I kin git dat hippie feller ta start sparkin' with AJ. Hush up and let nature take it's course..."[/colour]

Zelda was starting to get comfortable when she overheard the brash young earth pony as he proceeded to insult the stuffing out of the mare. "The nerve.", she grumbled to herself as she continued to listen to the conversation at hand. "If there weren't impressionable young ponies and old folks about, I'd give that pear-butted 'erk a sound whooping!", she snarled, "Guy's got nerves!", she promptly poked the blue coated unicorn in front of her to get the mare's attention, "What a Slubberdegullion! Insulting orange apple pony over there like that! Guy goes to her farm and insults her right in front of her face right near which I'm assuming is her family..Now if that happened in my house with my family, they'd be pulling him out of the highest cloud by now.", she sighed as the stallion rushed off, "Still, the girl is nothing but class I tell yah. No wonder she's a real hero. Wonder if the hunky big one's her brother. Now that guy is a real 'dan ouda dan'."

The griffoness finally noticed the condition her line-mate was currently in, "You okay little blue? Looks like you've had a rough life as of lately."

Trixie just rolled her eyes as she witnessed the antics at the front of the line, it was bad enough that the whole line already moved too slow for her tastes; she didn't want to be around this town any longer than she had to be. Too many bad memories, too many mistakes. Still food was food, and buying apples here meant not having to go into town and deal with all the mistrust and stares, besides the idea of having one of Twilight's friends kiss her amused Trixie. It wasn't out of desire for revenge, she had learned her lesson there, but more simply to placate her ego. Besides this was a good way to gauge if the Ponyvillians still held any ill will.

Trixie was content with awaiting her turn, more curious about the kiss than about the apples when the griffon behind her poked her! The azure coloured unicorn looked back with an incredulous expression, but held back her usual verbally aggressive tearing down in response to such a rude invasion of her private space; griffons were much larger and stronger than ponies. [colour=#6699cc]"He just said what he honestly felt, Trixie admires that! Besides what makes that Apple- uhh… Orange farmer a hero anyway? Trixie has never seen her do anything amazing!"[/colour] Sounded like that farmer just got kudos for riding on the coat tails of her unicorn buddy! Figures, unicorns do all the real work!

As she let out a sigh, Trixie was about to turn back around and wait in silence, having no comment on, nor caring about how "hunky" some griffon thought of the large stallion milling about. The griffon appeared though to be determined to give the poor unicorn no peace, again attempting conversation. Trixie squeezed her eyes shut for a few seconds, and counted internally before finally replying in exasperation, [colour=#6699cc]"My name is Trixie, not "little blue" thank you very much! Actually my sobriquet is Great and Powerful Trixie, the snow mare of magic, the mistress of the stage!" [/colour]

At this point Trixie was on her hind legs with her forehooves up in the air, her rather ragged cape billowing sight in the breeze, it didn't look nearly as impressive as she hoped, and Trixie quickly came back down to stand on all fours before speaking in a much more hushed tone. [colour=#6699cc] "To answer your question though, the Great and Powerful Trixie has been traveling the land a great deal; after all there are many shows to perform, many great deeds to achieve! Right now though, Trixie needs some apples."[/colour] Not really truthful, except the apple part, but hopefully the griffon would accept her answer none the less.

• Like 2

ValenOrange1withtext.png

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Valen was happy to hear that Applejack was ready to do what was necessary for the Orange Fair, the Apples one of the strongest contributors and this time in a more featured position. If all went to plan, everypony prospered and it was good to see that the Apples were ready and willing to work with the Oranges. When Valen had returned to the home in Manehattan, he had been more or less debriefed by his parents about the conditions at Sweet Apple Acres. He had nothing but glowing things to say, his time such a net positive that he left out any niggling negative details. It was then, combined with previous financial statements, that the Oranges decided on making such a move.

[colour=#3366cc]"Well Applejack, I was sent to arrange it- I was sent here to buy about fifty-five bushels worth for the fair. With the family discount that i am sure you would provide, that comes out to 500 bits," [/colour]Valen made a show of going into his saddlebag, pulling out a bit purse. He heaved it on the table, the overflow bit purse spilling out.

[colour=#3366cc]"That should cover it, I think. As for the applekiss- well, I guess? What was the going price, anyway?"[/colour] He asked, wondering if his parents would find this as funny as he was. Hero of Equestria, elite farmer of the nation, head of an orchard- and operator of a carnival attraction! Ahh, Sweet Apple Acres was an awfully wonderful place. Not that it's splendor wasn't occasionally threatened by those lesser on the moral food-chain, such as the Flim Flam brothers. The result of their incursion this time however brought a smile to his face.

[colour=#3366cc]"Granny Smith, I would have paid a hundred bits to see you place that snake oil salespony in the sky without the benefit of wings! Did he cry?"[/colour] he shook his head, laughing all the while.

[colour=#3366cc]"Ahh, wonderful. Applejack, does that order count or do you need me to buy a bushel myself?"

---------------------------------[/colour]

Apple Bloom gave Moonstone a nice little rub on the mane, happy to make another customer happy. The hidden secret of the Apple family and their ever successful business was customer satisfaction, and it was just one more lesson that Apple Bloom was excited to latch onto. She looked up at her bow and giggled as her bow was complemented, she had about fifty more but each and every one felt unique to her and her heart was always flight-capable when complimented. She got the bushel ready and when Moonstone left, she bounced back behind the counter, feeling more a part of the activities than ever!

A Gray and Black Speckled stallion wandered by Sweet Apple Acres, a cart attached to his ever working back, and the smell of apples drew him to a panting halt. He had eaten most of his non-perishables long ago on the long journey from Bareback Gulch towards whatever town came next, and the sweet scent of apples was driving him crazy. He looked to a strangely assorted line that seemed to be heading towards a stand of some kind, and then his eyes traveled all the way up. He saw several piles of apples next to the stand, and that was enough to convince him of what he needed.

He quickly drew up a short second wind and walked up behind a mare who seemed quite loud and with a strange cape billowing off her back. As per his usual self, he felt a blush coming on, and the bashful miner let his head fall down before he cleared his throat and addressed the pony in front of him. "[colour=#808080]Excuse me miss, um...could I trouble you for information? I uh...wanted to know if you know what the price of them apples over yonder would be. I'm quite er...famished, its a long way from Bareback Gulch to here, y'know?"[/colour] He then fell quiet as he waited, scuffing his hoof on the ground rather self-consciously. He now noticed that he still had his cart attached to his back, but he didn't care. Right now he hoped this line moved quickly so that he could get himself some apples for the journey and then continue onwards. Hopefully this little detour didn't make him late.

• Like 1

Applejack's eyes widened to the spectrum all of about 500 bits spilled on the counter, and then immediately started shoveling them into her chest. However, the chest was overfilling. "Apple Bloom, could you go run and get another empty chest." Applejack started placing her leverage on the chest, and she spoke to Valen as she tried to latch the chest closed. "Um, well. That's a lot of apples. I can't imagine you want to buy any more. I think that would be enough. But don't worry, I wont embarrass you and give you a kiss." Applejack tried jumping on the chest, sitting on it with her weight poured onto the top of the chest lid. Eventually, she was able to latch it, and began dragging it away from the counter towards an area where it can be picked up to go back to the barn for safe keeping.

Applejack patted Valen on the head, and looked ahead of the line. "Next!"

((UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.))

55 Kisses left!

Next up

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

49. Zelda

50. Brawny Boulder

On hold:

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

Applejack.pngMadden.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

When Mojo saw what was going on at the front of the line, the Paint stallion felt compelled to step in.

"Half a mo', love," Mojo began to speak, "beggin' yur pardon, but that's not cool ta shortchange the lad here. Yur sign clearly says each one who buys yur apples today's entitled to a kiss, and cousin er not, Valen here deserves what he's paid for. If ya don't wanna kiss'm, that's groovy, but one of yur family should honor the agreement."

"He does have a point, AppleJack," Granny Smith interrupted. "Valen here did fulfill HIS end of the bargain, and we Apples NEVER break our word! That thar means that the burden of kissin' Valen falls ta either me er AppleBloom. AppleBloom! Front 'n center! Our Apple family honor's at stake here! So half pint, it's up ta either you er me ta kiss Mister Valen! Are ya gonna do it, er shall I?"

"It is true!" added Uncle Apple Strudel, "Vee Apples do not break our contracts! Not even in Germaney vould an Apple do such a ting! Herr Mojo is correct in his observation. Dee Apple Family must honor it's vord!"

• Like 1

While the action going on at the end of the line was interesting, the griffon turned her full and undivided attention over to the small bundle of blue energy that was standing next to her. She was so lucky! Instead of standing next to some spiritless stallion or milquetoast mare who wanted to talk about farming supplies or the weather, the griffoness had hit the jackpot and got the best line-buddy ever! The large bird/lion creature's eyes curled up in a sign of unbridled joy upon realizing this. Zelda always found the little equine critters that populated the surrounding countryside to be the epitome of adorableness, but the blue one took the cake, and now she was standing on her back legs and referring to herself as 'Great and powerful'! This was too much! Still, she had to play cool. Didn't want to scare away the little gal.

"I've never seen her or 'er friends do anything, but I'm sure what I've 'eard has been the truth.", Zelda plainly added, "'eard they stopped a full grown dragon from causing all sorts of problems. Even defeated the Changeling Queen and stopped some sort of undead king from re-taking over his previous kingdom. Pretty impressive if you'd ask me.", she glanced back over at Applejack, "'eard this mare is as strong as a bull. She an't too bad looking either, but I'd still rather get a smooch from her brother. As for myself.", her eyes fell back onto the mare. "I'm Zelda. I work the forge at Canterlot's R.E.A base, and when I'm not making, or repairing armor, I like to sculpt. Sometimes I go on little adventures. This an't one of them.", she stretched as she spoke, "Just waiting for the right time to meet a friend over at the little spa they have here. No offense Bl, er, Trixie, you could probably use a bit of the spa yourself. Usually does a griffon or pony a world of good. Especially busy folk like yourself!"

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Apple Bloom saluted her big sister. Today had been a super successful event, maybe the most successfull in family history! Well, that could be an exaggeration. Cider season and zap apple season were big business defined, but this was a special day to be sure and Apple Bloom was just happy to be as helpful as she could be. She saluted and gallopped off towards the barn, trying to find the second chest as quickly as she could. But the barn was big and bit chests weren't exactly a common item that you could find hidden in Applejack's closet like her seven dozen magazine subscriptions. It might take time, a few minutes or maybe an hour, but she'd find it somehow in their barn. That or she'd get bitten by a radioactive spider, either result was good by her becaue she had always wanted some sort of super power that would lead to her cutie mark. But what would a cutie mark with a super power gifted by a spider even look like? Would it look like the spider or whatever her powers were? What would she even do with powers? Maybe she wouldn't be a hero! Maybe she'd be a villain! But then Applejack would probably spank her or Granny would tan her hide and that wouldn't be any fun so whatever she did she better use her powers for good...

Valen was very pleased with how the deal had turned out. It wa shis first business transaction for the family and even though it had been a foregone conclusion it wasn't something you could say you had done until you had done it. It would be the first of...not so many, as he wasn't all that interested in it but at least he could claim to be a good Orange. He bowed slightly and was ready to take his leave when those around him eruptd in a miniature temper tantrum at his special treatment, one way or the other. He was fine without the kiss if he was to be honest, but he couldn't resist putting the screws on his favorite older cousin every now and then, especially if it had to do with the Apple family ways and honor and Granny Smith putting the stick on and generally playing it up.

"Yes! I am a paying customer and how dare you treat me differently! I demand a kiss this instant!" Valen fired back, front hooves on the table with a smirk the size of Tartarus on his face.

Ponyville hydroelectric dam was running at a reduced capacity today due to scheduled maintenance and Curiosity Sparks had been invited to the dam again to look things over. He felt a little guilty that he had made his letter sound so interested when in fact he was still undecided about what he wanted to do in the future. Hopefully this would generate some interest in him. He smiled at the word as he was currently having one of the dams generators explained to him as well as the sort of things he would do if he did start working there.

'Hey kid, c'mere a minute.'

Curiosity turned away from the working generator he was being shown and trotted over to the two ponies performing resistance checks on a static generator. The earth pony pushed up his safety helmet a little and smiled at him.

'Lunch is coming up and we figure some apples are in order. A bushel from Sweet Apple Acres should be plenty for us all. You can spare him for a while Mr Charge?'

Curiosity took a step back from the brown pony with a look of annoyance. "A bushel? That is eight gallons! For lunch? This is just like my last visit when you sent me to pick up a box of blue sparks from that weather pony!"

There was a snicker from a pegasus whose face was still buried in the generator, quickly silenced as the earth pony glanced at him. 'Okay, that was a joke but we mean it this time, right Mr Charge?'

The supervisor came over and, smiling, tapped Curiosity's safety helmet. 'Come along, I'll show you the way.'

'Alright', Curiosity sighed, 'it's not funny if a pony knows it's a trick though.' He tried to glare at the two older ponies but ended up dropping his gaze before turning and following the supervisor out. He got less than ten steps from the door when he heard the pegasus laughing again.

Static Charge, the supervisor spoke gently as they handed their helmets and day-glo safety jackets in at the security station. 'They are just joking with you Curiosity. They would not do it if they did not think you could handle it. I know it does not seem like it now but I hope you will see that over time, if you did work here in the future of course...' The pony behind the desk gestured at the temporary pass Curiosity had around his neck and it briefly glowed blue as the colt levitated it over, receiving his own saddlebag in return.

Curiosity was barely listening as Static Charge led him down the street, explaining about workplace humour and as long as it didn't affect safety and they were genuine this time and blah, blah, blah. He started listening properly in time to hear, '...so here are some bits from petty cash and Sweet Apple Acres is just a short distance that way, on the outskirts.'

'Thank you, you've given me some things to think about', he replied as he headed in the indicated direction. After a short trot he started to perk up, he had not been given a time to be back so he would be able to look around for a while as long as he was still back for lunch, the houses here were pretty and had some fascinating designs and timberwork compared to the towers and mansions in Canterlot, ahead was opening up to a wide variety of roadside trees too. Maybe this wasn't such a bad chore, joke or not.

"Sweet Apple Acres First Annual Apple Kiss!" said the sign he passed on the route; in what would be adorably foal-like writing under other circumstances. 'Genuine? Celestia's sun-kissed r...' he started to say too loudly before catching himself as a few strangers looked his way. Mumbling an apology he continued along the path for a short while, purposely kicking at every stone and scuffing up dust until he saw a queue up ahead, leading to a stand. Lo and behold there was a red maned filly, wearing an oversized bow chatting and blushing to a young colt standing in front of her while her family looked on. He sighed at the 'village-farminess' of it all and at the thought of the plant workers laughing their hats off at this expense. As he headed to the back of the short queue he couldn't help noticing that there were an awful lot of adult ponies here and even a griffin! What in Equestria? Maybe it was a small town thing and ponies here were less conservative? He had read that in Germaney a kiss was little more than a greeting and there did seem to be a lot more ponies not wearing clothes here compared to Canterlot...

Curiosity was smiling again as he joined the queue. He might get to talk to a griffin and that was surely worth kissing a farm filly and being laughed at back at the dam!

• Like 3

Applejack was stunned at the commotion that caused a chain reaction. Mojo implied that it was fair, Granny, who was hopped on getting Applejack hitched by the end of the day, agreed. Apple Strudel suggested the same, and Valen himself had the bravery to stare the complaint to Applejack with hooves on counter and everything. Applejack swallowed. Nothing like a good dose of peer pressure from the family. "Um, sure!" She leaned away and looked through the line, seeing several ponies, including a glimpse of Trixie. Are you kidding me!? She thought. "Nothing to see here guys, everyone is going to get their dues, don't worry!" Applejack had to make sure that these ponies weren't getting the wrong impression and that she wasn't going to give a paying customer the deal of the day. Nope, nothing that terrible. Just kissing a cousin.

Applejack returned and leaned into Valen, and then smiled. "Alright you little runt. I suppose you bought this then." Applejack kissed Valen straight on the forehead, her closed eyes brushing against Valen's well combed mane. "Mmmpwah! There, ya happy?" Applejack let Valen win this battle. But she was going to win the war. For she knew that the next time Valen showed up to the farm, there wouldnt be so many customer ponies, and she would have lasso ready at the stead to welcome him back to the farm. He was family, they always come back eventually. "You better watch out, sprout, ya hear!" Applejack chuckled and set Valen on his way. He sure has grown up since he first visited the farm a while back.

"Mojo! How are you? How's your family?"

54 Kisses left!

Next up

47. Mojo

49. Zelda

50. Brawny Boulder

51. Curiosity Sparks

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

"Me family's all doin' groovy, thanks for askin' babe, er.. I mean, Miss AppleJack." Mojo said with his nervous quick correction. The Paint stallion remembered all too well the mare's stern warning to him during the time he helped a work crew to restore a damaged barn at Sweet Apple Acres not long ago. "How's that barn we fixed up hold'n up? We did a rippin' good job on it, I must say!"

GrannySmith1WithText.png

"Yessir, we all sure hadda fun time fixin' up that thar barn," Granny Smith added. "Ya need ta come by and visit us more often. Ain't that right, AppleJack?"

"Granny.." Uncle Apple Strudel said sternly.

"Now now little brother. Ain't nothin' wrong with havin' a handsome gentlecolt caller from time ta time. I'm sure AppleJack would agree with that.."

"I don't tink dis is dee place and time to discuss such tings, mein sister."

All this time, Mojo tried hard not to blush, but there were some distinct patches of red visible through the hippie brony's facial fur.

Despite Trixie's less than stellar appearance when she introduced herself, judging from the reaction of the griffin and the stallion behind her, she appeared to have successfully impress none the less! Well of course she did, she was the Great and Powerful Trixie after all!

She looked inquisitively at the gruff looking gray speckled stallion, not sure why he'd think she had the answers, maybe he was just that impressive by her exquisiteness and her air of perspicacity. "Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie is sure that the apples here are no more than a few bits per bushel, you could hardly expect more than that for the… quality of this ware. This is no Manehattan or Canterlot you know."

Trixie's mood was improving, she had impressed, and she appeared knowledgeable even if he had no idea how much the apples cost; only when the griffin elected to "defend" Applejack and her little band of friends did Trixie's mood dampen. "Really now? Do you truly believe such preposterous fables? Trixie is sure those were told just to impress the local ponies, Trixie knows, she uses the same… Nevermind!" Trixie shorted confidently, those had to be made up stories, no way Twilight Sparkle was that powerful! "Stopping a full sized dragon indeed, that is just ludicrous! As for the Changling Queen, Trixie heard it was Princess Cadance and the R.E.A that manage to stop them! Doesn't it make so much more sense it would take an alicorn, and this farmer and her friends don't have one of those!"

Trixie though did actually have some real stories, not like the surely made up ones she just heard. Clockwork ponies, chocolate monsters that used mind control, indeed these were not fraudulence! No longer did she have to depend on… Exaggerated stories about Ursa Majors and the like.

Before she had a chance to regale an adventure though, the griffin introduced herself. Trixie was genuinely surprised that the R.E.A employed griffins, figuring most ponies wouldn't want them around, and not without good cause. "Trixie too is often on adventure throughout the countryside, facing all sorts of dangerous creatures and places in her eternal pursuit to understand and learn the arcane secrets of the mystical arts! For the Great and Powerful Trixie is the greatest show pony of thaumaturgy there ever was!" Trixie's horn flew alight and several colorful bursts of sparkling light exploded in the air above her in all directions in a cornucopia of chroma.

"Now, tell Trixie about this surely quaint little spa of yours!"

"That we did!" Applejack was thankful for Mojo being a public pony and helping make repairs on the fourth rebuilding of the barn. Or was it fifth? Applejack couldn't remember. All she knew is that Mojo was a pony of peaceful interactions. Unfortunately for him, he got the short end of Applejack during that chore, in which every little thing seemed to bother her. Today, she has had lots of ponies throw all kinds of stuff at her. She has seen everything but the kitchen sinks, so for now, she was not phased at all by Mojo's accidentally saying of Applejack's least favorite pronoun. It was at least a little cute this time. Most times Applejack is called sweetheart, or short stuff, it's in a backhanded way by a stallion who thinks they're better than her. Mojo is average size and on an even keel.

"So, by now, you have probably seen the deal. Buy a bushel, get a kiss. Which apple type would you like?"

54 Kisses left!

Next up

47. Mojo

49. Zelda

50. Brawny Boulder

51. Curiosity Sparks

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

The griffon gave the stallion a friendly nod as he ponied up to the line. Her ‘line-buddy’ may have had a coat of azure, but the young griffon couldn’t help but notice her roots were starting to look a little green. “Eh, I just get my news like anyone else. Papers. Sometimes I hear murmurings from the local R.E.A guards from time to time.”, she added as she shrugged her shoulders, “Saw Twil...er Princess Twilight's brother no that not ago. Actually, he married a princess, so I guess he would be prince? I’m not as knowledgeable of your caste system as I'd like to be. You've got princess' coming out of the wood-works, but you don't have any kings or queens. What's with that?"

She seemed to be somewhat amused by Trixie's display of magical prowess and followed the mare's display by clapping her two clawed hands together, "Very impressive skills you have there Miss Trixie. You should be over there at the Las Pegasus. Actually, I should probably be overt here! Heard they have pretty much anything a pony or griffon would ever want. Once things are settled back at Canterlot, I should take some of the girls up there. Mmmmm.", she glanced up to the sky as she let out a purring sound. "As for the sauna.", she glanced back at the entertainer, "It's not my place. Just somewhere I'm meeting an old friend of mind. We're just going to sit around and enjoy whatever the spa can offer us. Probably spend some quality time in a hot sauna. Maybe a mud bath. Even get a hoof-massage. Should be relaxing."

"Looks like after she takes care of Mister Spots, you'll be next! If you got a camera in that cloak of yours, I'll be more than happy to snap of pic of you two!"

"I see! Right down ta business! That's groovy, I can dig it!" Mojo said with a toothy grin as he placed his bits on the applestand. "How about, in honor of yur charmin' Gran, I'll take a bushel of Granny Smiths. And now, for me kiss..."

GrannySmith1WithText.png

"Hot diggity! He's gonna kiss'r!" Granny Smith shouted before Uncle Apple Strudel pulled her away from the stand.

"I tink you vill make AppleJack und Mojo feel very uncomfortable if you continue to behave like dat!"

"Reckon ya gotta point thar, brother, but I wanna watch it anywho! That fancy lookin' goomer could be part of our family someday!"

"I vill fetch dee apples," Apple Strudel said as the bearded stallion watched towards the back.

"Don't care what ol' whisker face says, I'm rootin' fer Mojo on this one."

Trixie just rolled her eyes, the fact that Shining Armor married Princess Cadence was old news, and common knowledge. After all even itinerant ponies such as herself heard all about the attempted subterfuge at the wedding by the changeling queen in her attempted invasion of Equestria. Although it was only later through all the talk of what all that happened did Trixie learned that the same royal guard captain who married Cadence was Twilight Sparkle's brother. Some unicorns just get all the breaks! It made Trixie wonder though, how was the purple unicorn doing? She hadn't seen or heard any news about Ponyville since that… Amulet encounter, yet again how could she? Until very recently she had been out adventuring for mystical items of rarity in the exotic realms outside of Equestria proper.

What did annoy her was the griffin's ignorance of Equestria's royal system, it certainly wasn't a caste system! Actually that was a bit less vexatious then calling Twilight a princess just because who her brother married! It was high time to correct this griffin's ignorance! "Well my unenlightened griffin companion, there is much you do not understand about Equestria's royalty. First although the husband of a princess is indeed called a prince, his siblings most certainly are not! So Twilight Sparkle isn't a princess just because of her brother, she is just another unicorn citizen, like the magnificent Trixie who stands before you!" There, that explained things without sounding jealous!

"As for our system of sovereignty and authority, we may have princesses, but we are not a caste system, no pony is forced to have a particular job or live in particular place. Princess is just what we call those special ponies who are an amalgamation of all pony kinds. The regal sisters have always been this way as far as Trixie knows, but once in a great while when a pony shows one of the fundamental bonds of pony kind in such an extraordinary way as to create new magic in regards to that; when they do, they are elevated to princess, but it is something that comes from within! So very, very few ponies ever achieve such great heights, maybe once a century! Cadence was the last!" Trixie was so excited and proud of her explanation, she was back on her hind legs showcasing again without realizing it until the magical sparks flew once again. She quickly caught what she was doing and again came back down on all fours, "anyway, it is hard to truly comprehend unless one is a pony and thus have a true connection to the magic that flows all around us."

The griffin did suggest one thing that was amusing enough to make Trixie snicker, a photograph of one of Twilight's rather haughty friends smooching her, "alas the Great and Powerful Trixie does not carry a camera with her on her many travels. A pity, for such a moment should be… Immortalized!"

Twilight had many things competing for her attention, both on personal and national level, and they tended to treat each other rather rudely. Affairs of state did not play very well with her desire for study time and seeing well wishers and supplicants hardly meshed well with her itinerary, which itself was solidly filled with everything from picnics with friends and jaunts in the park to meeting foreign dignitaries and breaking ground on a new home for the elderly. It was a busy, active life and it was the sort of life Twilight was happy to have. There was only one hitch in her saddle and it was something that you'd think she would have figured out at an earlier stage in her life, but somehow the basic necessities of life paled in comparison to the endless treasures that waited her in her gilded hunt for knowledge on the wild frontier of Equestrian magic.

She had forgotten to eat! Again. Once again, she had forgotten that rather important step. Her royal stomach was now plagued by a royal hunger which required royal foods, but she still seemed to forget it so often in her busy day . More than once she had forgotten to eat anything and woke up the following day with an earthquake causing hunger that rippled throughout her body. Today she had been lucky enough to have finished, "Seventeen Theorems on the Elasticity of Auras and their Mitochondrial Fluctuations, Variances and Long Term Biological Impacts: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Science" as well as it's sister work and arch rival, "Equestian Evolution: Unicorns, Auras, and the Historical Ramifications of Long Term Magical Output: Or How I Learned to Start Worrying and Fear Magic", which while admittedly alarmist in tone was a pleasant enough jaunt through science and myth that it made for wonderfully light afternoon fare. But after a while she realized that she lacked anything remotely edible at home- she and Spike had a full schedule- and decided that she would knock out three griffons with one stone.

She packed a small saddlebag with some official paperwork that was confidential for the Apple family- business and personal alike, confidential all the same- a shopping list, bits, and various odds and ends on her personage and went about town. She bought fruits and vegetables and dealt with a dozen plus ponies trying to get her attention on matters great and small. Twilight had gotten quite good at directing them towards more manageable hours if their problems weren't anything of a worrying note. But when she went by the Apple family's stand, it was closed with flyers, about sixteen of them, plastered haphazardly around.

"Sweet Apple Acres First Annual Apple Kiss!", written by who Twilight could only assume with a knowing smile was Apple Bloom. She levitated the poster in front of her as she trotted towards Sweet Apple Acres, folding it up and putting it with her other odds and ends as she arrived. The line wasn't as long as she had thought, but maybe that was for the best- she was more than happy to not deal with adoring crowds. She didn't know any of the other ponies in the line except for one- odd seeing Trixie here and as much as she had seemingly reformed herself Twilight was a little wary. Best way to deal with it was being friendly. As Twilight took her place in line, wings absentmindedly flapping as she did so, she waved at her rival- well, not much of a rival- and laughed.

"Well, seems like this has gone well for them, hasn't it?" Twilight asked to all present, hoping she could blunt the inevitable insanity with some small talk.

• Like 2

2uysrxh.jpg

Boot camp didn’t quite prepare Pvt. Flash Sentry for the mission he needed to accomplish today. A month back, the stallion was surprised to learn that he had been transferred out of his unit in the Crystal Empire. Instead, Pvt. Sentry found himself reassigned to a post in Canterlot… and not just any post, mind you. It turned out that after careful deliberation from REA leadership, Flash Sentry would be the soldier assigned to personally serve no other than Princess Twilight Sparkle of Ponyville.

Flash Sentry had mixed thoughts about his new assignment. Working with a princess was something that no sane stallion would dare reject carelessly, but the pegasus couldn’t help think that the sole reason for his new post was because Twilight had bumped into him just enough times to remember the private at the expense of more qualified serviceponies. Nonetheless, Flash was determined to do the best to personally serve the newest princess of the realm… and by extension, Equestria. The pegasus would do anything that Twilight required of him; fetching REA documents, overseeing the princess’s physical training regimen, and yes… guard duty if necessary.

On this lovely day, Flash Sentry’s mission was a rather thankless one; to round up a series of books from the REA’s Canterlot Archives and take them over to the Golden Oaks Library. For the entire morning, the private had to dig through the archives to find twelve (heavy) books and twenty-four maps, while constantly having to explain to the guards his reason for being there and who authorized his presence. After all that hassle, Flash needed to fly the books over to Ponyville himself; REA protocol didn’t permit him to travel by train while bearing sensitive materials. One exhausting flight later, the private found that the royal librarian went out shopping for food… and REA protocol didn’t permit him to simply drop off the books unattended. Flash would have to find Twilight himself.

After following clue after clue, the exhausted orange stallion at last found the pony he had been searching for; at the back of a small line over at the local apple orchard. Struggling to stay airborne, Flash Sentry wheezed as he made a pass over Twilight Sparkle’s head, dressed in golden armor and bearing standard issue saddlebags filled to the brim with books and rolled-up maps. After the flyby, he turned around to land over to the side of the lavender alicorn. When Flash touched down, he did so with a mighty *THUD*... and the panting stallion collapsed onto the ground; “Here… are your books… Your Highness...” Pvt. Sentry didn’t have the strength to look at the banners advertising Applejack’s kissing booth.....

• Like 2

Curiosity stood in line behind a large, muscular earth pony who, it seemed, was picking up supplies for an entire village. The fact that the earth pony was queuing with a cart made it very difficult for the young unicorn to engage anypony or to overhear the conversation the griffon was having. He knew it was impolite to listen in like that but when would he get a chance to hear from a griffon that was not part of an 'impress each other' verbal dance with his parents?

Quickly glancing in the cart he noted it was empty before sidling forward and around it, he certainly would not want to be accused of trying to take things. As the voices of the griffon and a smaller blue unicorn became clearer he could pick up a few words. Something about the R.E.A, the unicorn mentioned the changeling attack at Canterlot and high adventure. Were these off-duty soldiers perhaps, the unicorn undoubtedly an officer by the way she carried herself? Curiosity began edging further forward until he was at the very front of the worn cart and made a show of looking it over. The earth pony stallion looked very solid and while it would not be as bad as an accusation of theft, being seen as pushing in line probably would not work out well for the younger unicorn.

As he cocked an ear towards the conversation a hush seemed to fall over the queue. Panicked he took two quick steps toward the back of the line and looked around to see what else he might have done, just in time to see her.

The tall lavender pony trotted towards them seemingly glowing in the sunlight, her purple hair parted at the stripe by a unicorns horn. Delicately feathered but strongly muscled wings rested over saddlebags bearing the royal mark of Princess Twilight Sparkle and bright, intelligent eyes looked out of a kindly face as motes of magic coalesced in the air around her.

Curiosity was suddenly awash with emotion as a dozen of his parents lessons on etiquette rushed into his mind. 'Do try to remember titles dear. It is important to address a pony in the correct manner. You are getting older so your eagerness will only carry you so far.' 'If you really are having trouble always address upwards. It is better to address a Baron as a Viscount rather than demoting somepony.' 'Do pay attention dear. If the princess should actually speak to you, you will need to remember....'

"Well, seems like this has gone well for them, hasn't it?"

A princess was standing right in front of him! Curiosity closed his eyes and bent his left foreleg, dropping the front half of his body down. Staying there, he desperately tried to think of something to say. 'Ohmigosh! Speak you foal!', his fathers voice again, 'a simple agreement is better than nothing!'

Curiosity opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by another voice.

“Here… are your books… Your Highness...”

creak creak creak

Went the axles on wheels on the cart.

I should probably get those oiled up again soon

jingle jingle jingle

Went the bits in the bag on the yoke on the horse.

I sure am thinking funny I wonder why

rumble rumble rumble

Went the stomach of the horse with the yoke with the bag with the bits and the jingle jingle jingle and the cart with the wheels and the axles and the creak creak creak rolling down the roads of Ponyville.

"Oh, that's why.

For one glorious moment, all was clear in Maple's mind: she was hungry, so very hungry, so hungry that it was messing up her thoughts.

And for another, equally glorious moment, the solution was clear: She was to get food, so much food, such food that would clear her mind.

And for a third, perhaps slightly less glorious moment, the only food that would remedy such a conundrum rose forth from the misty hordes of the plethora of foods was clear in Maple's very hungry and food-desiring mind:

"I really want an apple."

Without a moment's thought, Maple's hooves brought Maple, her cart full of maple syrup and cash registers, and her bag full of bits to Sweet Apple Acres. Just before entering the wrought-iron gates, with the embellishments all bowing before the almighty iron apple, she just barely noticed a little flyer. Stopping for only a moment, she scanned it, but, figuring it didn't say "Free apples for any pony named Maple Abell Blossom", simply continued down the road, lugging her cart and her bits down the earthen path of the Acres.

Seeing other ponies lined up, she silently drifted close to the end of the line (which, praise Celestia, wasn't all too long), unlimbered her cart from her yoke with a quick gesture of the hoof, and kept it at that. She'd only speak if spoken to; her energy must be conserved, and could not be spent on such frivolities, but survival. Maple had learned that lesson all those years ago. But let bygones be bygones; for now, only one thing mattered, only one thing was the relevant truth:

"I really want an apple."

• Like 2

Mojo, despite being a fancy talker in the ways of the rural earth pony (but still not much of an accent Applejack was accustomed to), he seemed to be really eager and anxious for this smoocharoo and he didn't waste anytime running into the climax. Of course, he would have to wait a moment. "Whoa, there partner. A bushel of Granny Smiths? Got it! That'll be five bits."

Behind her, Applejack could hear the snickering coming from her granny and great uncle. She rolled her eyes. She would have expected something more mature from the ways of the elders, but I guess even a kiss gets them excited. The passion of such a thing never dies, apparently, and they took kindly to her locking with this painted stallion. It was a bit awkward. But as soon as Applejack saw the bits for goods, the strangeness of the situation would eventually leave her mind, as it did several times already. Not that that's the only thing she cares for.

54 Kisses left!

Next up

47. Mojo

49. Zelda

50. Brawny Boulder

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Twilight Sparkle

53. Flash Sentry

54. Maple

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

"Hey, I never claimed to be an expert on pony royalty.", while the griffon was not too keen on the attitude she was currently receiving from the entertainer, she found it rather difficult to get angry at the silly little pony. While the unicorn was a clever gal, there was something a little off with what she said, "What a second, I'm almost sure I was at a very fancy coronation ceremony in Canterlot not that long ago. There was all kinds of crazy going on. There were parties, speeches and pretty much everyone attended this event. There was even a little song, I think. Cause I don't remember things in details, especially with all the parties going on.", she gave off a rather sheepish, beaky grin," I do, however, remember seeing Captain Shining Armor's sister all festooned in a rather elegant dress and wearing a crown of some sorts, or was it a tiara? But she had wings to go along with her horn. And then she was with her friends, including orange pony over here. Everything is sort of fuzzy, but I'm sure about half of the things I remember did happen.", she glanced over at the line and wondered why things were moving so slowly.

"But this princess stuff of yours is odd. I always thought a princess was the kid a king and queen had. If there was just one princess, she had a chance of becoming queen once her mom kicked the bucket. If there were more than one princess, the oldest one would get the crown, while the others were used for trade bait, that is if you're ruling country A and you want Country B's land, but don’t have the stones to go to alone, you'd befriend Country C by letting 'em marry your prince or princes and voila! You got country B's land!", she stood up a little higher on her own back-legs and raised her arms up a little, but unlike the unicorn, no magical sparks flew from her person. "Shoot.", she muttered to herself.

She returned to a sitting position after overhearing the tell-tale sounds of a group of ponies making their way towards the line. Curious to see who it was, she turned to look,"Maybe she's got a camera?", the blacksmith watched as Equestria's newest member of the ever growing pony-princess-brigade cantered into view with a member of the Royal Equestrian Army taking up the rear. Zelda was a little surprised to see such a young guard at her side. She knew more than a few R.E.A. officers that worked themselves to the bone for years to get the chance to serve at one of the Princess' side. She studied the stallion for a moment, noting along with being too young, he was also a bit of the scrawny side, but cute, just not her type. After she glanced at his armor, and pondered if it was one of her creations, the griffoness gave a polite bow as Princess Twilight came into view. "See, told yah she was a princess.", she whispered to the blue mare.