[Fillydelphia] A Country Field Trip [PM for Invite]

((Because Zecora saved Remington first, I'll be posting Remington from that position. Every other action should be unaffected. PM me for any other concerns.))

rembanner.png

[colour=#000000]Remington woke up on burlap sacks. He made a cute little yawn, and rubbed his head a little before coming to. [/colour][colour=#000033]"Gosh, what a strange dream."[/colour][colour=#000000] Remington recalled a quick little dream, which involved him swim down a raging river and being eaten by a giant duck, where he had a huge dance party inside the duck's stomach. [/colour][colour=#000033]"I wonder if it means anything," [/colour][colour=#000000]Remington pondered.

He looked around and saw apples and ponies everywhere. [/colour][colour=#000033] "Aww, shucks. They're smashing the apples without me!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Remington ran up to the edge of the vat and looked in, where he could see the teacher and the farmer together doing something. [/colour][colour=#000033]"Miss Teacher! Can I help with anything?"[/colour]

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

With a sigh Apple Bumpkin got off the poor teacher and kept of blushing as her face zoned out and made her look as if she was looking off into space. She shook herself off and patted the quick Haywire on the head.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Oh 'Ah don't need any medical attention, 'Ah landed on...."[/colour] She kept her thoughts to herself as she shook her head no.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Also Miss, its not your little sisters fault for causing the damage it wasn't anyponies fault at all. She was just helping to get some apples for the Apple Juice. Surely you can't fault the filly for trying."[/colour] She nodded her head and slid the little rust coloured pony close to her and attempted to smile.

[colour=#a52a2a]"See how can you stay upset at this face?"[/colour] She reached down with her hooves and made a huge smile on Haywire's face. Albeit a failed attempt to make Haywire at least smile a little she herself mirrored the grin and stared at her sister with eyes that pleaded for her to not interrupt the field trip anymore then she already had.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Now if you will quickly excuse me I have to stop all the foals from destroying my valuable apple juice making equipment...Or being hurt by it."[/colour] She sighed and quickly put her hoof up to her mouth and whistled loudly hoping that the foals acted as her chicks did and would all rush to her.

[colour=#a52a2a]"If'n yall ponies come down here I'll cut ya'll a nice slice of Pie from my cousin Apple Pie, she made them by hoof!"[/colour] She presented a case full of Apple Pies. [colour=#a52a2a]"There is also plenty of Apple Juice here that we can sip on, you all did such a wonderful job. But I think you should all thank Cheerilee for bringing you here to experiance what it is like to be on a farm other the Sweet Apple Acres. 'Ah just hope that 'Ah have taught you some valuable lessons about hard work and dedication!"[/colour] She giggled to herself as she recalled Cheerilee making them write a report on the visit here.

(ooc): Going to wait until other 'foals' in the thread reply. Keep in mind that Haywire is trying to treat all of their injuries (since she was hiding from Haymaker at the time and escaped the blast completely) with the First Aid Kit she is carrying. Although she's not an ideal student, Haywire is going to discover that she has a knack for helping injured ponies!

:D:D:D

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Thanks to Reno's unlucky and rude presence in her life, nothing was going right today. And to think of it, a nice little trip to a family farm seemed like such a perfect idea, undone by the sheer craziness of the foals and occasional inattentiveness of Apple Bumpkin. She was a fine mare in the Appe family but in all of Apple Bloom's small relations with her she had never seen Apple Bumpkin so pre-occupied with trying to impress somepony else that she let the situation drive itself way out of control. It had been out of control because of Reno of course, but still, what the hay was wrong with Bumpkin was another feverishly asked question whose answer was some time off and yet not one she would have wanted.

[colour=#ff0000]"We were just tryin' ta do a good job, too bad some of us weren't up for it..." [/colour]She shot Reno a look, her final jab as she stood up and shook her head about to clear it. [colour=#ff0000]"Ah'm fine, cousin. Got a bit of a bump in tha head but that's the way it goes sometimes Ah s'pose," [/colour]She finished with a chuckle as she turned her attention to Sweetie Belle, whose muzzle had reached rather peckishly into hers. She hadn't given it much thought in that second because she was being kicked and prodded and rolling about, but she had never expected a distinct taste of bubble gum. Poor filly was still all shaken up, but then again she was a silly unicorn and not like a strong Earth pony. Having been Crusading for as long as they had meant physical entanglement, so it wasn't as embarrassing as it should have been, even if it was still a smidgen embarrassing.

[colour=#ff0000]"Well, Ah guess we ran ta fast on tha wheel and it spun us right 'round. Then we fell and ya kissed meh, and nah mah head still hurts..."[/colour] She started before trailing off, seeing that Apple Bumpkin was perched atop Cheerilee and all muzzle to muzzle. Egads, what was going on? Apple Bloom looked away for a second and continued blushing. Today was a weird, weird day at Tiny Apple Valley.

But all odd situations and thoughts ended when pie was brought up. Not just any pie, but Apple Pie's pie, and if anypony was great with pie it was Apple Pie and Apple Pie's pie was worth moving past all the weird. She trotted up joyfully.

[colour=#ff0000]"Did Apple Pie make *apple* pie? Apple Pie's apple pies are the best apple pies in the Apple family!"[/colour]

Still quite stunned from the impact, Timid could only look on as Snips and Snails were pulled out of the vat. He was sinking into the apple mixture and he tried to call for help but all that came out was a, "Glub! Blub!". His muzzle had dipped below the gunk at that moment and he got a mouthful of apple chunks. He looked about frantically for an escape route, before his eyes locked on the drainage hole he was being sucked into along with all the apple entrails.

Fearing for his life, visions of him being sifted into a particularly grisly cider filling his mind, he paddled with all his strength towards the edge if the vat. "Help! I don't want to become cider! Get me out of here!", he screamed out, it being amplified to a near deafening roar by the vat. Reaching the edge, he also pounded against it with his front hooves, crying in fear and coated in chilling apple gunk.

Galloping towards the group, Haywire and Haymaker rushed towards the vat.

[colour=#b22222]"Timid's in thar, sis, we gotta act fast!" [/colour]the rust coloured filly shouted on the run.

[colour=#0000ff]"But what kin we do?" [/colour]the confused taller mare shouted as she watched her little sister grab a coiled up rope from a pole, tie one end around her waist and the other end around Haymaker's neck.

[colour=#b22222]"No time to explain, I'm goin' in, sis! Yank me out when I tell ya!" [/colour]Haywire shouted as she quickly climbed a nearby pole and then dived into the vat. The blank flank filly struggled in the goop at first, but then spotted Timid and grabbed a firm hold on her classmate. [colour=#b22222]"Gotcha! HAY SIS! PULL US OUT QUICK!"[/colour]

Haymaker couldn't see what was going on in the vat, but she knew her little sister was determined to rescue whoever was stuck in there. Trotting backwards, the tall red maned mare pulled back on the rope, struggling against the weight of the ponies on the other end.

[colour=#0000ff]"SOMEPONY HELP ME!" [/colour]Haymaker shouted out. [colour=#0000ff]"GOTTA PULL'M OUT OF THAR FAST!"[/colour]

Things were looking up. Cheerilee felt relieved that Bumpkin was taking everything that occurred so well - though the farmer pony's apparent interest in her probably had something to do with it - bur before the school teacher could use her authority to reiterate Bumpkin's call for the foals to gather for juice and pie, another disaster happened. This time it was Timid Star, who manage to get himself stuck in the apple mashing vat, ready to be sucked down the juice tube! Cheerilee gasped in horror, [colour=#800080]"Oh Celestia, Timid!"[/colour] Cheerilee's dread only increased as Haywire dove in after him!

Cheerilee rushed to the rope Haymaker was pulling, [colour=#800080]"hold on Haywire, Timid Star, hold on tight! We got you!"[/colour] The purple schoolmare grabbed the rope with her teeth and pulled as hard as she could. It took some effort, but the two foals quickly came over the edge. Cheerilee didn't think to let go at that moment and the sudden release of tension caused the purple mare to stumble backwards as she lost her balance, tumbling back into a shelf of earthen jugs of apple juice, causing a couple to tip over, their corks popping out, pouring their contents all over the dazed teacher as she sat dazed on her rump.

The now drenched Cheerilee shook her head and looked up in wide eyed concern, [colour=#800080]"Haywire, Timid Star, are you two alright?! Here, let me look at you." [/colour] Cheerilee stood up on all fours and then promptly slipped on the spilled juice and face-planted right into the puddle around her. She just laid there for a few seconds, head down, flank up, before it too slide down and she laid spiraled on the floor, feeling humiliated. The situation embodied how the whole day had gone for Cheerilee. As she looked up, a tear formed in her eye. she wanted to cry, but couldn't, not in front of her class - she had a responsibility to make this into a positive educational experience! Or else it was all wasted!

Ruby had been recovering from her last little ordeal, shaking off the collision, when she noticed Cheerilee saving the day again. How did they even get IN the vats? Of course, Pinchy could only watch as Cheerilee saved even more lives... Only to be put into misery yet again. Under normal circumstances, Pinchy probably would've giggled about what was happening to her poor teacher, but it seemed like everything that could go wrong was... And she had spoke so fondly of this trip, like it was going to be just as magical for her as it would've been for her students!

Pinchy kept thinking of ways she might be able to make this up to her... Maybe write a report? A real one? Or make her a thank you card! Or bring her an apple! Or - or-

Wait, was that...?

It was!

Not much escaped the watchful eyes of the all-powerful Pinch, and a tear in the eye practically set off a radar in this filly. She didn't like when ponies were sad! Not once not never forever never! The pitiful sight of her beloved teacher sparked a pang in the filly's chest, drawing her over to the mare. She just walked on over and attacked one of her legs, giving the teacher the hug of her life. Big ol' green eyes looked up at Cheerilee, the filly who owned them not seeming likely to release her hug anytime soon. [colour=#ee82ee]"I'm sorry, Miss Cheerilee..."[/colour] she said to the purple educator in quite the sincere fashion, even nuzzling that leg trapped in a hug.

[colour=#ee82ee]"You smell like apples..."[/colour]

Yes she does, Pinchy. Yes she does.

reno-.jpg

Reno was a right cheerful foal, it took a lot to upset him, but he had been sensing that AppleBloom didn't like him while they ran on the wheel, and that last little jab, and look hit him like a ton of bricks, his face went red and he just shifted on his hooves slightly, staying back with the bunny out of the way, he hadn't meant to cause a problem, he didn't know why AppleBloom didn't like him, he really did try hard to be her friend, but he guessed she just was never gonna! Oh well you can't please everyone, and Ruby was cuter by like a thousand billion anyways.... His eyes widened at what happened to poor Miss Cheerilee, and he bolted over, putting his hooves on her arm "Miss Cheerilee! are you okay!?"

Zecorafbanner.jpg

Things happened in a blur for the zebra, her eyes widened as she ended up very briefly muzzle to muzzle with Miss Cheerilee!"It is alright Cheerilee! No harm has come to me!" She assured her, getting on her feet and fixing her jewelry...everything was seemingly going okay, then poor Cheerilee got apple drenched while doing her job! Zecora could see her eyes getting shiny and wet, and she could see the slight tremble in the others form, she frowned softly and moved to snatch a towel that was nearby, and went over and gently draped it over the poor pink pony's shoulders, chuckling and gave her forehead a little lick to taste the juice.

"Cheerilee it is clear, you protect your foals without fear!" She exclaimed and nodded "I can tell you without delay, you saved two small foals lives today, No other teacher would be so dedicated, you clearly deserve to be celebrated! Tending to so many foals all alone! Any other teacher would have stayed home!"

She wanted to encourage the teacher, and she didn't want her to cry, the other was having such a bad day that she clearly needed some encouragement to prevent her from falling into a billion little heart shaped pieces.

Timid Star's eyes grew wide as he watched Haywire dive into the vat for him. Still paddling for all he was worth, he was beginning to lose momentum as his exhaustion grew. It seemed hopeless but then he felt her hooves grab him tightly as she shouted to her sister to pull them out.

Clinging to the rope and Haywire as tightly as he could, he whispered to Haywire, "Thank you for saving me. This would be the second time right?". He looked up towards the ceiling as they were hoisted out until their ascent stopped as her sister struggled with the weight. He shook with fear as they were slowly falling back into the vat but he heard his teacher coming to the rescue yet again and smiled weakly. They were hauled over the edge and he let go of the rope and Haywire, still shaking with fear.

He watched his teacher stumble back and get coated in apple juice, eyes glistening with tears. "Oh no.... Cheerilee, I'm sorry for this.", he said aloud, quite embarrassed and ashamed of what he had put Cheerilee through. The face plant and her sprawling out limply like a wet, magenta noodle also disheartening for him. But the single tear in her eye broke his heart as he answered her, "I'm okay, b-but.... I caused this... Aaaaaaah!". He couldn't finish his sentence as he burst into tears and rushed her, joining Reno and Pinchy in hugging her tightly.

Haymaker had fallen backwards with Miss Cheerliee as her backward momentum brought both Timid and Haywire up and away from the dangerous vat. While the lanky red maned mare got up to her four feet fairly quickly, only now did she and her little sister notice the plight of the teacher pony.

[colour=#B22222]"MISS CHEERILEE!" [/colour]Haywire shouted as she rushed up to join in the group hug. The blank flank filly was so enamoured with the safety of her teacher and Timid that she could barely hear the words of her angry bigger sister.

[colour=#0000FF]"YOU RECKLESS LITTLE FOAL!" [/colour]Haymaker yelled. [colour=#0000FF]"That was the most dangerous stunt ya ever pulled! You couldda been crushed into apple butter fer doing a crazy thing like that! What have ya got ta say fer yurself little filly? Haywire? Pay attention ta me when I'm yellin' at ya!"[/colour]

rembanner.png

[colour=#000000]As Remington ran over to the action, he realized the teacher was in the middle of trying to say other students from another accident. Without helping much, Remington grabbed onto the rope with his teeth and tugged lightly as Cheerilee attempted to grab the foals who were being washed away. As Cheerilee pulled back, she also fell back and knocked over containers of apple juice which commenced spilling out all over the teacher and the floor around. [/colour][colour=#000033]"Oh my gosh, are you alright?"[/colour][colour=#000000] The teacher got right up and gave increased concern over all of her students.

Seeing as there wasn't much else Remington could do to help any situation, given his size and lack of competence on a farm, he considered himself ready for the next thing on the lesson's agenda, whatever that may be. [/colour][colour=#000033] "Did, did I hear there's apple pie somewhere?"[/colour]

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

(OOC: sorry it took a while to do this post. about a 3rd of the posts contradict each other and I had to figure out which was right...)

(Posted Jan 9)"...Climbing into the vat with the other two colts, Snips watched as Remington decimated several apples, then suddenly dropped into sleep again. He was getting used to the pegasus' quirk now, but he still rolled his eyes.His breath caught when he noticed Remington's unconscious form began to slide toward the drain in the center of the vat. Snails had bumped the colt away for a moment, but Remington was still heading for the hole. Snips tried to reach out with his magic and grab the pegasus, but nothing happened. Rushing forward, he grabbed the red colt's tail in his teeth. "Shnails!" he shouted though his teeth, "Gif me uh hoof!!"

Snails whinnied as his eyes went wide [colour=#daa520]"Yipes! On muh way, Snips!"[/colour] and gallumphed through the apples squishing underhoof as he helped grab onto the sleeping pegasus by a wing. Hopefully before they could slip any further toward the drain. He spotted Zecora nearby and waved an orangey hoof fratically at her. Fortunately for all three of them, Zecora noticed and lent a hoof.. or a mouth anyway...

(Posted Jan 1) "...Zecora noticed the pony that fell asleep while working (in the apple vat) "Goodness me! This cannot be" She tsked moving her head down, grabbing the sleeping Remmington by the scruff and gently pulled him out and away from the drain, once he was secure and resting nicely on a sack of burlap sacks...Zecora noticed another problem! The wheel going fast and flying filly projectiles of DOOM!.."

Now that the drain crisis was over, Snails looked around and saw the giant hampster wheel at the next station of the machine was spinning faster and faster![colour=#daa520] "Oh my Gosh! Look out Snips!" [/colour]

Some of their class mates were being launched from the side of the wheel to land in comical, dizzy heaps, so far without any injury, but if it gts any faster...

Cheerilee returned, along with Apple Bumpkin and all three adults tried to get in and stop the spin.

[colour=#daa520]"Yay! They're gonna stop this crazy thing... and ,....ummm okay, they aint..."[/colour] as the adults tumbled around with the foals.

Sparks shot out of Snails' horn as he tried to think of something. The wheel was slowing down but not fast enough. Maybe something jamming the wheel lke he did on accident last week helping out on the "Foal Free Press"? Seeing a wooden bucket near the hopper they were in, he picked up the bucket by its rope handle and swung it to land between the wheel and the machine body acting like a brake. [colour=#daa520]"Um Ah was aiming ta put it under th' wheel, but that works huh? Lets throw another couple buckets Snips!"[/colour]

Between their efforts and that of the adults, the wheel stopped and Snails hopped out to pull out the buckets. the first one had a scorch mark from the friction of the wheel and machine wall. [colour=#daa520]"Lookit this!"[/colour]

(Posted Jan 24) "...Shivering, he backed away from the belt without checking his surroundings and fell into the vat! "Aaaaah!", he yelled as he fell and landed on Remington and Snips with a small grunt of pain. He then rolled off and into the mix of apples with a splash, stunned by the impact..."

Snails looked back into the vat[colour=#daa520] "Gosh! Ya okay there Timid? How about you Snips?"[/colour]

(posted Jan 24)"..Apple Bumpkin looked on it a hint of horror as she saw Remington, Snips, and Snails all heading towards the center of the vat. Surely they knew that was where the drain was. Bumpkin quickly made her way up there and with the help of Snips pulled Remington out of the vat, a little too forceful she ended up pulling the other two ponies out with her as even her herself fell out of the vat. Landing smack dab on Cheerilee, their muzzles very close. Bumpkin closed her eyes as she braced for impact but having landed on something soft other then the ground she gasped and opened her eyes, blush streaking everywhere and her eyes widening as she just laid there not knowing what to do.

" 'Ah hope all them foals are safe, is anypony hurt?" She muttered from her position atop Cheerilee. " 'Ah can go get the med kit should anypony have some scrapes or bruises." She wanted to make sure that Cheerilee herself didn't have to care for the foals as much hoping that it would lighten her load as a teacher and get her to relax a bit..."

Snails yelped as Apple Bumpkin tumbled back over him and Remington with Snips in her hooves, and landing on Miz Cheerilee in a pose that made him turn away with a blush. It didnt help that Snips had landed right on Miz Cheerilee too. [colour=#daa520]"Um... Sorry there Miz Bumpkin, Miz Cheerilee... Didnt mean ta trip ya..."[/colour]

"...Scrambling to the floor, Snips turned and saw the prone form of his teacher on the ground. "Ohmygosh! Miss Cheerilee are you ok?" he asked the mare, trying to hide a blush that was staining his cheeks. "Where's Remington?"

Snails waved his hoof at Snips and pointed. [colour=#daa520]"He's over here where Miz Zecora put him. Ya all tripped on me and him both."[/colour]

Snails suddenly yelped as it was brought to his attention by screaming fillies that Timid had not been pulled out by Apple Bumpkin after all, and Haywire jumped right in after him with her bigger sis on the end of the line to pull her out.

In moments, Timid was rescued, but the force sent Miz Cheerilee into a stack of Apple juice jugs, and now she looked ready to cry. Snips was also drawn to hug the teacher like the others in the class. "[colour=#daa520]We're all so sorry, Ma'am. Things jes seem ta happen in this class, but Ah helped stop th' wheel at least..."[/colour]

Woooooooog...

Wheeeeen was the wheel going to stop spinning? The room kept whirling and whirling around her, twirling and whirling, making her little tummy churn in sympathy. She was so confused, and Apple Bloom was talking about someone kissing her, and the wheel was *still* spinning! Well, that sounded exciting and romantic! She'd have to wait for everything to stop swirling horribly, and then she'd find out who was kissing Apple Bloom!

Eventually, it came to her that she wasn't on the wheel, and it was the room that was spinning! Was Discord making trouble again? Was the little building floating through the air or something? Except she stayed on the floor, she wasn't tumbling off of the ceiling at all.

Taking a great risk, she put one hoof down ... then another... and pushed herself upwards. Her hind legs were a little slower getting coordinated, and she stumbled leftwards, then rightwards ...

Nope, the room and the wheel were both still. It was her EYES that were spinning. She gave her head a rapid shakeshakeshake, and her eyes finally settled into place with a bit of a rattle. Wait, was she sure her eyes were working right? Why was everything in such chaos? Oh no! Miss Cheerilee! She looked so ... so ... so DEJECTED! She raced ... ok, well, staggered ... across to where Cheerilee stood dripping miserably, and fell into her with her forehooves upraised, giving her the biggest, absolutely most comforting hug that she could summon up!

She drew back a little and looked up at Miss Cheerilee, her big green eyes all wobbly and worried. [colour=#800080]"It's OK, Miss Cheerilee!"[/colour] she assured her quickly! [colour=#800080]"I'm all right! We're all OK! You don't need to be sad!"[/colour]

While Cheerilee hadn't faltered enough to end up any sort of bubbling mess, she had teared enough that other ponies would notice - exactly what she didn't want. She feared that she had failed her class, her generous hosts, and even her guest, Zecora. Despite those fears, Cheerilee - disheveled, teary eyed, and covered in apple juice suddenly found herself in the center of a close knit group hug with several of her pupils. Pupils whose only concerns were her well-being and apologizing for any perceived wrongs they may have done. Truth was, they hadn't done anything wrong on purpose - every disaster was born of accident, inexperience, or misunderstanding. They feared they had failed her!

Nothing was further from the truth. The purple earth mare hugged her students back, trying to hold back the tears that wanted to rush forward - not out of stress or fear, but of happiness. Cheerilee was so proud of her students! [colour=#800080]"It's alright, class, and thank you. I am fine, I just slipped, that's all, and we all slip up sometimes, don't we?" [/colour]Cheerilee tearfully smiled, [colour=#800080]“don’t worry, my little ponies, none of you did anything wrong. We are all in this together, learning together. Sometimes in that we make mistakes and take missteps, but what is in important is that we all learn something valuable and positive from the experience.”[/colour]

Cheerilee gave her students a big group hug, she was certainly feeling better now. [colour=#800080] “now how about we take Miss Bumpkin up on her kind offer and have ourselves some apple juice and pie, but first we need to come together as a group and clean this messy floor for her, okay class?”[/colour] Cheerilee gave a smile and wink, confident they’ll follow through on that.

• 2 weeks later...

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

It was hard for Apple Bumpkin not to shed a tear as she saw all of the foals gather around the teacher in such a way that it could move mountains to cry. Even the rain seemed to shed tears as they broke the embrace and Cheerilee began to dart the conversation focus away from herself onto Bumpkin herself.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Naw Miss Cheerilee, there be no need ta clean the floors. It gives me something to do once ya'll leave."[/colour] She said with a giggle not wanting to make her guests clean up any mess while they were here on the farm. [colour=#a52a2a]"But yes you are right, we all slip up sometimes and I fear I have slipped up as well with not making this a very enjoyable field trip for all of you involved."[/colour] She bowed her head trying to not take the spotlight from the teacher but feeling that she too had let down not just the class but Cheerilee. She flipped her mane out of her face and with a decisive pose she cuts into the Apple Pie and hands the first piece to Apple Bloom.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Yes this was made by your cousin Apple Pie, she even sent you this little card when I told her that ya'll'd be here for a field trip. Got a lot of heart that one."[/colour] Bumpkin giggled as she handed Apple Bloom a card that aside from what appeared to be a bunch of loose scratches and inconstant words to a normal farm filly at the bottom was a translation to the normal farm speak just in case. The card pretty much rambled on about how Apple Pie misses her cousin and wishes that she would come visit her more in Appleoosa or invite her to the family reunion again next year.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Miss Cheerilee 'Ah think its time you took a seat."[/colour] Bumpkin pulled up a stool for the teacher to sit on and take a load off for a moment. [colour=#a52a2a]"The rest of ya'll can sit here on the floor or anywhere else so long as ya'll be supervised."[/colour] She winked at Haywire and let a gigglesnort escape her as she thought of all the fun that little filly had been part of today.

Cheerilee came trotting back out with a half-full bucket of soapy water in her mouth with rags hanging off the side when Bumpkin informed the schoolmare not to worry about it at all. Cheerilee placed the bucket down with an unsure look upon her face; she didn’t like the idea of somepony else cleaning up her class’ mess, especially the host, but Apple Bumpkin’s smile was that of pure sincerely, and it was getting late… [colour=#800080]“Alright Apple Bumpkin, since you asked and all.”[/colour] Cheerilee turned to the class and smiled, [colour=#800080]“looks like we are moving on to the apple pie and juice, everypony gather around the table!”[/colour]

Cheerilee sat down next to Apple Bumpkin on a small stool as she watched the light yellow Apple pony pass out the pie slices. The small stools and more numerous hay bales used as seats surely added to the authentic farm atmosphere. Cheerilee started to feel pretty comfortable, the country atmosphere finally catching up with her and putting her at ease.

Well finally relaxing and soaking in the laid back country feel an idea suddenly came forth like a light bulb over the school mare’s head; she knew the perfect way to wrap up this trip, well perfect to a primary school teacher at least. [colour=#800080]“As you are getting your pie and juice class, why don’t each of you share with the rest of the class what lesson or insight you have learned today? Applebloom, since you were first in line, perhaps you would like to start us off?”[/colour]

• 4 weeks later...

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

What had Apple Bloom learned that day? Shockingly little that she didn't already know, seeing as the workings of a family farm were her day to day life. Not only that, but she knew her cousin Bumpkin so well that her little oddities and quirks regarding how she ran the day to day also didn't qualify as something she had learned. Nor did Reno's completely, one-hundred percent un-aided disaster shock her, as Reno had been trouble since the first time he hogtied her and left her to bake in the sun. Haywire's high-wire act of life continued and by this stage had become routine. Remington fell asleep all the time everywhere. Sweetie Belle continued being adorable and a pretty awesome friend. Zecora rhymed in her Zecoraish way. Her classmates all acted their part well enough. Celestia set the sun just right and everything was as it ever was. So what had she learned?

As she chomped down on some pie and drank some juice, she felt like she knew a few things. The pie had a certain tartness to it, so they used a different sort of apple for the baking. Apple Pie made unique enough Apple Pies, and even as just a little filly Apple Bloom knew she'd turn out to be one of the best bakers in the family. Maybe not as good as Applejack, but comparing anypony to Applejack was like comparing week-old stored pie to fresh pie. Just wasn't fair. She learned that taking a bunch of foals to a farm setting was not really the bes idea as they were liable to burn everything down. Sweet Apple Acres field trip proposal was going to join the list of ideas Apple Bloom had that were discarded for one reason or another. She also learned that Sweetie Belle didn't have great balance as she staggered about like it was Apple Bloom's birthday party all over again. Most importantly and strangely, she learned that her cousin had an, uhh, attraction to her teacher. Which was odd considering that they lived in different cities and had met...once before? Maybe zero times? But heck, Bumpkin was silly and Cheerilee seemed to strike gold with the Apple family anyway. It was going to make for some awkwardness in the classroom after it had all been cleared up, though.

[colour=#ff0000]"What'd Ah learn? Shoot,"[/colour] She began, thinking better than to mention the romantic entanglement that had engulfed this field trip like a black hole of awkwardness,[colour=#ff0000] "Ah learned, ummm, thatcha can...uhh...well, I sorta knew all 'bout farmin' anyway..."[/colour] she continued to run through what lessons she could blurt out in an effort to pass the question on to somepony else, [colour=#ff0000]"but, uhh, Ah learned that if things start ta go bad, ya gotta purr-sa-veer an' not let it getcha down,"[/colour] Huzzah, lesson sent off!

Sweetie Belle popped up next to Apple Bloom. [colour=#800080] "Ooo! Ooo! Me next!"[/colour] she cried, her voice cracking in her excitement, bouncing up and waving her hoof in the air. [colour=#800080] "I found out that hamster wheels are *really* dangerous, almost as dangerous as spools of *thread*, and you should be *really* careful about them!"[/colour]

Lesson shared, she went to get her slice of apple pie and settled down next to Apple Bloom to munch on it contentedly. She leaned over to whisper to Apple Bloom, [colour=#800080]"Sorry, I missed what you said earlier cause everything was all spinny. Who was kissing you?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Timid Star brought his hoof to the sky next with some light hesitation. Having listened to both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom give Cheerilee what they had learned in an oral format, he decided to follow suit. He reflected on the events of the day, each disaster and misadventure put into perspective. It didn't seem to have gone as badly as he had made it out to be and this realization brought a weak smile to his face. With one last sip of juice, he put his snacks before him and got his thoughts in order. "What did I learn today, Miss Cheerilee? I learned that I'm a bit stronger than I thought I was, and that I should be more aware of the world around me before making a move.", he stated with some confidence, satisfied with his answer. It was quite true that it was something he had learned today but fully understanding it may take a little more time for him.

Pinchy learned lots of stuff today!

[colour=#ee82ee]"I learned lots of stuff, Miss Cheerilee! I learned about how apple farmers get different kinds of apple trees, I learned how the juice is made, I learned that you shouldn't use magic to pick apples, I learned that bunnies are fragile, and I learned that you're a nice teacher!"[/colour] She had to stop and correct herself[colour=#ee82ee] "Well, I already knew that, but I learned it AGAIN!" [/colour]Repetition of lessons was always good for memorization.

With that said and done, she returned to her activities of getting pie and juice to scarf down like a beast.

Celestia, she loved pie.

reno-.jpg

Reno just sat down by Pinchy and rubbed his face, eating his food quietly "I learned that some ponies are just acting nice but in reality don't like you at all" He muttered "Also that I am good with taking care of rabbits" He rubbed the sleeping bunnies head softly, sighing a bit, the whole mess with AppleBloom and the field trip in general had taken all his pep out, he sorta rested his face on his hooves, ears pinned down, focusing more on the rabbit than anything else! Back when he got his cutie mark he hadn't meant to hurt AppleBloom, and had been thinking of a good way to apologize, but it seemed like she was bound and determined to hate his guts.

Zecorafbanner.jpg

"What I learned is clear as day to see ! That Cheerilee's Patience is a Rarity! Such devotion to her students despite all the woes, and dealing very gracefully every single bit of this days blows! " She chuckled and glanced around "I learned that it takes much patience and bravery to teach a class sucessfully" Today had been hectic and Zecora was glad for the experience! Though she hoped that next time there wouldn't be so many small children to worry about!

bannerremington.png

[colour=#000000]When the foals were around the table eating pie and taking turns sharing what they learned, Remington appeared asleep at his place. But when the turn got to him, he looked up and around as if he was never in slumber. With bags under his eyes, he said softly, yet enthusiastically,[/colour][colour=#000033] "I learned that even juice-making can be a dangerous job. And one should never try taking a nap while working on the job."[/colour][colour=#000000] Remington finished by taking a bite out of his slice of pie. [/colour][colour=#000033] "An da abble bie ish koot, chu!"[/colour][colour=#000000] He swallowed eventually and added, [/colour][colour=#000033]"Mrs. Cheerilee, you're way more fun than my teacher in Cloudsdale. Mrs. Stratus never lets us do fun stuff like this! I wish I went to school in Ponyville."[/colour][colour=#000000] Remington frowned a little, if for only the moment of sadness that he realized that eventually he would be returning back home from his out-of-town experience.[/colour]

Of all of classmates, probably the one who learned the most 'lessons' today was Haywire. Sitting at the table with her classmates, and with her older sister seated next to her, the rusty coloured filly began to speak.

[colour=#b22222]"Well Miss Cheerilee, I learned a couple of things today. First of all, I learned that I need more practice aimin' and shootin' off mah slingshot! If'n I had better aim, I wouldn't have accidentally bonked that poor bunny with a rock..."[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"YOU WHAT??" [/colour]Haymaker shouted, doing a 'spit take' with her apple juice. [colour=#0000ff]"First I heard'a that part of yur antics!"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Pipe down, sis, I ain't finished!" [/colour]Haywire yelled back before clearing her throat. [colour=#b22222]"I also learned that it ain't such a good idear ta use firecracker rockets ta knock apples outta trees with."[/colour]

[colour=#0000ff]"What gave ya the first clue? The trees ya set on FIRE?" [/colour]her older sister roared, prompting Haywire to rush over and pull her cowboy hat over her head. As Haymaker stepped away from the table, trying to pull her hat back off her face, the blonde blank flank filly could now continue uninterrupted.

[colour=#b22222]"But thar's other things I learned today, like ownin' up to yur mistakes. I couldda tried ta lie or keep mah mouth shut about all the trouble I caused, but it jist didn't feel right ta to that. I know I'm in a lotta trouble fer all I done, but that's ok cause I truly wanna make amends fer all that stuff. I also learned how happy a pony can be in helpin' others. Like that thar bunny I bonked, helpin' it git back on it's feet, and rescuin' Timid from that vat! It made me feel better than all the pranks I ever pulled at school or on my big sister! And Miss Cheerilee, I reckon I learned a heap about responsibility, more than I ever learned before. How's all that fer starters?"[/colour]

After Haymaker managed to get her hat off and back on her head properly, the lanky red maned mare just returned to her place at the table and snorted at her younger sister.

[colour=#0000ff]"Ya pull a trick like that agin' on me, Haywire, and yur gonna be doin' all mah chores till yur older than Granny Smith!" [/colour]

• 4 weeks later...
As Snips tiredly accepted a slice of pie, he heard Cheerilee ask a question of the class. He looked over the the teacher, a look of of shock on his face. Even after the disaster that this field trip had been, she wanted to know what the foals had learned?? With a tired sigh, the colt took a moment to think about his answer. To his surprise, he thought that, maybe he had learned something.

Thinking of the fire in the orchard, Snips said, "I learned that, as cool as magic is, it can't always solve everything." The colt's face then went sour, and he added "I also learned that I never want to go to a farm again. Ever." With that, Snips downed his pie in one huge bite, closed his eyes, and dramatically flopped to the ground, totally exhausted.