Best Episode Ever! bracket -- Season 2 edition

Iiiiit's that time again! Time to start the big ol' BEST EPISODE EVER tourney! Those of you who were members last year may rembember how this worked, but here's a refresher for the newbs (and the oldbs who forget things sometimes):

The Best Episode Ever poll is a tournament-style voting bracket to determine the most popular episode of the season.

♥ I've taken all of the episodes from season 2 and split them into 4 divisions of 6 episodes each

♥ Each week, a division is posted, and voting is opened for at least 5 days (and closed when I get on to announce the poll closure)

♥ From each divison you may vote for up to 3 episodes, and 3 episodes apiece will proceed to the semifinals.

♥ From each semifinal you may vote for up to 2 episodes, and 2 episodes apiece will proceed to the finals.

♥ From the final, you get one vote, and one episode will emerge the victor, and be hailed as the BEST EPISODE EVER! From season 2.

♥ After the final, the season 2 winner will face off against the season 1 winner to determine the actual BEST EPISODE EVER!*

♥ If this doesn't make sense to you, just look at the picture below and all will become clear.

*Pinkie Pie is best pony ever. You don't get to vote on this.

So, without further ado, besides saying "without further ado" which is an ado of sorts, although it's argeable whether its further, or is merely ado already accounted for when I typed "without further ado." Still, just to cover my bases, I'm going to mention the ado of saying "without further ado" just so somepony doesn't call me out on it. ... Here is this year's Best Episode Ever! bracket!:

2jWDB.png

And here (in the spoiler) are the full results of Season 1's voting:

-> The thread from whence <-

uSuso.png

Final important things to say:

Because the nature of this board's different polling system, I cannot define a number of maximum votes. DO NOT VOTE MORE TIMES THAN THE POLL QUESTION INSTRUCTS YOU TO (though you may vote fewer). All voting will be public this time around so I can verify that this rule is being followed. If you do put in too many votes, your votes will be disqualified because I won't be able to tell which episodes you really wanted to vote up. Again, please, for the love of spaghetti, just don't check more times than the poll says you should.

Now then... WE VOTE 8-)

Round 1, Poll 1 (Ponyville Division). Polling is CLOSED: http://www.canterlot...-1/#entry192799

Round 1, Poll 2 (Canterlot Division). Polling is CLOSED: http://www.canterlot...round-1-poll-2/

Round 1, Poll 3 (Appleoosa Division): Polling is CLOSED: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/10146-favorite-episode-season-2-round-1-poll-3/

Round 1, Poll 4 (Manehattan Divison): Polling is OPEN:

• Like 1

I seeded based on by perception of what the most popular episodes might be (based somewhat on the EQD poll). For the first round, I tried to pit the weakest episodes against the strongest (MMDW vs. A Canterlot Wedding) so that the later rounds are more intense, and so that the most popular episodes dont all kill eachother off in the first round (which is a total buzzkill when it happens). I also try not to put 2 episodes about the same character in a bracket.

I seeded based on by perception of what the most popular episodes might be (based somewhat on the EQD poll). For the first round, I tried to pit the weakest episodes against the strongest (MMDW vs. A Canterlot Wedding) so that the later rounds are more intense, and so that the most popular episodes dont all kill eachother off in the first round (which is a total buzzkill when it happens). I also try not to put 2 episodes about the same character in a bracket.

Hmmm.

The engineer in me wishes it were more concrete, but that seems reasonable.

None of the regions are hard for me. I already had a general order for the episodes in mind, especially at the top of the list, so it is simply a matter of making sure the best episode in each region gets a vote, and then giving shout outs to the other ones I loved.

Hmmm.

The engineer in me wishes it were more concrete, but that seems reasonable.

None of the regions are hard for me. I already had a general order for the episodes in mind, especially at the top of the list, so it is simply a matter of making sure the best episode in each region gets a vote, and then giving shout outs to the other ones I loved.

Oh, the bestepisode in each region is easy. It's the thirf best ep that's hard to determine.

As for the seeding, well yeah. It's difficult to determine seeding without a subjective factor. I could have assigned a rank to each based on a preexisting poll (say the EqD opoll, or the one it recently linked to in the brony demographics study), but that'd be even more work, and it wouldnt necessarily make for choices as interesting (you might, say, get 3 Pinkiesodes in one bracket, and that's not right!).

Also, that's how I did it for ssn 1, so there's continuity this way.

Finally, it takes time and effort to set up these polls, the bracket graphics, the counting, and the glaven. Getting to set the seeding is the perk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...