Favorite Episode (Season 2): Round 1 Poll 2

Poll: Canterlot Division  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Of the episodes below, which are your favorites? Check up to 3 episodes (and no more)

• Lesson Zero
    • The Cutie Pox
    • Baby Cakes
    • The Last Roundup
    • Putting Your Hoof Down
    • The Return of Harmony

This poll is part of a larger bracket in the Best Episode Ever! tournament (Master thread/bracket here: http://www.canterlot...ason-2-edition/)

This thread will close after 5 days.

You may vote for as many as 3 episodes, but no more. This poll is public, and after the poll closes I'll be verifying votes to make sure this rule is followed. If you wish to vote for less than 3 episodes, this is allowed.

This topic will close automatically after 5 days, at 6:00 PM board time, on Thursday, June 7th. Get your votes in before then!

This one was easy for me:

1: Last Round Up

2: Lesson Zero

3: The Return of Harmony.

Putting Your Hoof Down is an alright Episode. The other two are my single two least favorite episodes of season 2.

I fell weird voting for multiple in this sort of thing. I want Return to harmony to win, but I get two more votes? I guess lesson zero and the last round up get shoutouts from me.

The idea was to help players from having to make that 50-50 call. Remember that you can take fewer than three votes if you don't feel like 3 are worth a vote.

Honestly, the song alone in baby cakes made me want to rage quit, and none of the others are really my favorite, other than Return of Harmony. So I used process of elimination for the last two.

Return of Harmony

Putting Your Hoof Down

Lesson Zero

The idea was to help players from having to make that 50-50 call. Remember that you can take fewer than three votes if you don't feel like 3 are worth a vote.

I did remember that, but felt like making the shoutouts anyways.

1.The Last Roundup: Just a PERFECT episode for me. Funny, great animation..dialogue..Even the Derpy thing doesn't bother me as much as it did before. Amy Keating Rogers is a super genius who needs some sort of Pony Noble Peace Prize for this and any other episode she wrote. Maybe we could get her a trophy. Or a pizza. Or a Pizza Trophy. Mmm.

2.Lesson Zero. Another perfect episode. This is the one I use to convert others into Bronism. This SHOWS FIM is not a sugary show about colorful hippos who worry about rainbows and juggle. This was written by Meghan McCarthy, who also deserves a pizza based trophy as she wrote a ton of other episodes I heart so much.

3.Return Of Harmony. Another great one. Mitch Larson wrote this, along with other pony classics.

The Last Roundup is also one of the few episodes in Season Two that had a Mane Sixish feel to it. S2's biggest flaw was that you could go whole strings of episodes and feel like certain members of the cast didn't matter at all. The Last Roundup, to me at least, featured solid parts or lines from every cast member.

I'm not sure about the two-parters. I would personally consider them one episode because trying to figure out what half of the whole was better than the other would be too confusing.

My personal checklist for what makes a good episode? The story is most important, followed by what characters were in it and their roles and interactions, setting, any songs or BG music that stood out, and a satisfying resolution. Also anything unique or culture-forming elevate an episode for me. A good example would be Derpy's inclusion in Last Roundup -- even without Derpy it was a fantastic episode!

That is exactly what I mean Rosie! Two-parters allow for far more story development than one-parters. That doesn't mean every two-part episode will be fantastic, but it has better chances.

Lesson Zero is beating said two parter. Sure, the two parters are kind of better written and what not, but if an episode is good, it will still win over. I also did not vote for Lesson Zero, just making a point.