Terrible people don't know they're terrible, while the good ones know better than to try advanced ;-)

Yeah. I feel that since I'm normally in the top 3 on whatever server I play on I can safely say I'm good, and I have yet to play Mann Up. I have played the advanced missions, but I really spend most of my time playing the normal ones. I guess that I feel like until I have a better understanding of the game mode and which strategies are effective it would be stupid to play what are some really challenging missions. While I love games that I can't beat, I really can only play the same wave eight times before I start to lose interest.

Also, just one terrible player can sink a team of great players on advanced missions, so I only play those when my friend's server is up. That way I know I have decent teammates.

I *finally* got to play it for a while tonight (last night?) after putting in my desktop's new power supply. It seemed like practically no one knew how to play it on MvM mode... Including myself.

Protip: Do not play sniper unless you are absolutely GODLY with that class.

Sniper plays a similar role to Scout in how useful their liquid secondaries are. Jarate is your beat friend

Also, our Aussie friend, like the Spy can deal massive damage to single targets. So those Medics towards the end, as well as Sniperbots and Giants are yours to take out with headshots.

If headshots are beyond you (as they are with me...) use the Sydney Sleeper. It simply can't headshot and you have even more ways to dish out minicrit status for your team.

Try Sniper with that load out and simply focus on helping the team. They'll love you.

Sniper plays a similar role to Scout in how useful their liquid secondaries are. Jarate is your beat friend

Also, our Aussie friend, like the Spy can deal massive damage to single targets. So those Medics towards the end, as well as Sniperbots and Giants are yours to take out with headshots.

If headshots are beyond you (as they are with me...) use the Sydney Sleeper. It simply can't headshot and you have even more ways to dish out minicrit status for your team.

Try Sniper with that load out and simply focus on helping the team. They'll love you.

Yeah, sniper really is a support class in MVM. However, if you're good enough you can actually be devastating in combat. You're worthless in close quarters (without a suped up cleaners carbine), but you can be lethal from long range. You can't dish out damage fast enough to cut swaths in the enemy lines, but you're the best and taking out the bomb bot before it upgrades too much. Also, quickscope headshots murder giant robots so fast it isn't funny.

If you want to kill, use the machina. It has more damage and you won't need to buy penetration, plus the robots don't actually see so they're just as likely to notice you if you don't use the tracers. A support sniper should use the sleeper, since mini-crits are a must have in this game mode. However, huntsman actually can deal tons of damage. If you give it bleed & penetration then fire it through the crowd you'll do around 100 damage to five robots, not counting bleed damage. You can soften up tons of robots like this, and if you just fire at head level you have a very good chance of killing a lot of robots really fast. The one weakness of this strategy is your lack of ammo and giant robots, which are actually kinda difficult to headshot with this bow.

I'd actually suggest sniping in MVM if you're a bad sniper. You'll be pretty useless to your team, but it's the best training ground availiable.

• 2 weeks later...

So a lot of fans of TF2 and MLP try and equate the mercs to the ponies. The popular comparisons are as follows:

Scout = Rainbow

Soldier = Spike

Pyro = Pinkie

Demo = Zecora

Heavy = Big Mac

Engi = Applejack

Sniper = Twilight

Medic = Fluttershy

Spy = Rarity

Before I give my overly-thought-out comparisons, tell me what you think about which pony would fit each class.

Because I have way too much free thinking time.

On this site they have all kinds of mlp mods for TF2. They even have a ponyfied class selection.

http://www.mlptf2mods.com/

They have it as:

[colour=#282828]Scout: Rainbow Dash[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Soldier: Spike[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Pyro: Pinkie[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Demoman: Zecora[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Heavy: Big Mac[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Engineer: Applejack[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Medic: Fluttershy[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Sniper: Twilight[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Spy: Rarity [/colour]

So, I joined a highlander team a week ago, and it went something like this.

Playing a pub when a dude in the game comes up to me: "Hey Chippy, you're a pretty good soldier, want to play backup for my highlander team?"

"Sure."

The next day, at 9:30, I get a message: "Hey Chippy, our soldier just messaged me to say he couldn't make it. Here's our mumble info and our server password. We need you five minutes ago."

So I ready up and go into the server to find that the opposing team is all wearing god level unusual hats, and that the match starts now. I'd been streaming video, so my ping is currently around 780. So, I'm stuck with bad ping, playing a pretty crucial class on a team I don't know against a team that's super coordinated. Oh, and the engie is also absent, and he's been replaced by a dude that they literally just pulled off of somebodies friends list at the last minute.

We did not cap a single point.

Sigh...

My Balloonicorn is named "Eht's Twahlaht Sporkles Bahlewn" in honour of that most wonderful of ads. The only other temptations I've had are various fish-based puns....

My Scorch Shot is 'Pyro's Party Cannon", and I'm planning on naming my Festive Knife "The. Worst. Possible. Thing!" and adding the description. "I mean it this time!"

Get a Frontier Justice. Call it "My name is Inigo Montoya" have the disc as "You killed my sentry. Prepare to die."

I also want a Strage Sniper rifle and call it "The point and click adventure mode V2" In honor of Zero Punctuation and my stock rifle of the same name.