Has anypony ever found out a stranger is a brony?

Soarin

Back on Topic...

I actually was in a store the other day and was surprised to hear two of the clerks (one M and one F talking about MLP and how surprised their friends were to learn they were Bronies)

One day during history class, I was reading the popular pony fanfiction "Paradise" on my phone. The teacher called for us to start taking notes and mentioned that we were to retrieve something or another. In complience I left my phone unattended. The student in front of me, named Chris, had noticed that I wasn't touching the phone as I gazed into it (save scrolling down), and infered that I was reading an e-book. Being an avid reader himself, he saw how infatuated I was and decided he had to take a peek. When I turned back and noticed him, I panicked, wasting no time in snatching the device back up. He had only managed to read three lines, which explained something about the spirits of the sun and the moon.

He asked me what I was reading, and I replied with, "Oh, you know. Just a fanfiction," hoping to brush him off. He prodded me a bit, trying to learn what kind of fanfiction. At some point, I decided I wasn't going to bother responding. "Would you say this fanfiction about 20% cooler than other fanfictions?" I snapped to attention. "And if I were to read it, would it make me explode-" He leaned in close. "-twice?"

It really only took us a week to become terrific friends. Every day we're discussing the show, exchanging fanfictions, music, or just watching episodes together.

I've met a lot of other bronies online, probably because it's so easy to ask the question when you're hiding behind a screen. Unfortunantly, Chris is really the only brony I've met in real life, although I'm determined to find more.

We have a group of 10+ students at my school of 67 who are all bronies (myself included) Along with that I just came back from Metro-con in florida, which is an anime convention, but half the people that went were bronies/pegasisters. We even got our own panel titled "The Grand Galoping Gala" which was the most popular and got its own report in the local news.

I met two people while waiting in line, one was one of those weird people that you always see in conventions and he wouldn't shut up about the cupcakes fanfic (he kept going into detail about EVERYTHING -_-) but the other one, a girl who was dressed as Vinyl Scratch, was really nice and we had a fantastic conversation about the characters and how great the writers of the show are. I wish I had gotten her contact info because after I got into the panel we seperated and I still want to talk to her.

IF YOU WERE AT METRO-CON IN FLORIDA, DRESSED AS VINYL SCRATCH AND YOU WERE TALKING TO A TEAM ROCKET MEMBER IN THE LINE AT THE GGG, PLEASE CONTACT ME. :P

Well, I went to the fair with my Animu Ponies shirt and I didn't encounter any strangers that were comfortable with making contact as a Brony... I did see a few friends there for the Stock Car race and a few that I hailed gave me "the look". You know which look I'm talking about, or they saw the shirt and decided not to talk to me...

Well, I went to the fair with my Animu Ponies shirt and I didn't encounter any strangers that were comfortable with making contact as a Brony... I did see a few friends there for the Stock Car race and a few that I hailed gave me "the look". You know which look I'm talking about, or they saw the shirt and decided not to talk to me...

I just bought my first brony shirt at Metro-con and haven't worn it yet, but freinds of mine have casually worn their merchandise to school and everyone was K.

But I know that feel, bro. I've seen fellow bronies given "the look" and it hurts me too.

Dang, I really wish I could meet some bronies in my city/town...

Dont let it worry you, it's not nearly as awesome as people make it out to be, I know three (one being my SWRCD20 DM) And mainly all it means is a few 'in jokes' since the vast majority of people will think your... odd... or worse if they know you like MLP... Unless it's a VERY open area, or the brony populous is huge, it's more a liability than a plus...

Dont let it worry you, it's not nearly as awesome as people make it out to be, I know three (one being my SWRCD20 DM) And mainly all it means is a few 'in jokes' since the vast majority of people will think your... odd... or worse if they know you like MLP... Unless it's a VERY open area, or the brony populous is huge, it's more a liability than a plus...

Thanks. There's another example of why the internet is so useful.

I was on my way with my family to see the Avengers one sunday evening. When we got into the parking lot I spotted a couple guys walking out the theater. I saw one of them wearing a peculiar shirt. I stuck my head out of the window and saw he was wearing this:

brony-shirt-t-shirt-80stees.gif

I immediately yelled out my window, "HEY! BROHOOF!" and gave him an air-brohoof! He complied and we went our merry ways! :D

Before that had occurred. I was sitting on a school bus after school was over. I was looking out the window, waiting for my sister. Then I saw a kid wearing a red "Have a Derpy Day" T-shirt.

have-a-derpy-day.jpg

I wanted to talk to him, but I was too nervous to and I didn't want to the bus to leave me. So I didn't. A couple weeks later, I saw him again and this time I worked the courage and speed to go up to him and quickly ask him about the shirt. I asked whether he got if from WeLoveFine or not. He said he got it from Hot Topic. I told him thanks and brohoofed him and sprinted back to the bus.

From those 2 experiences, I learned that shirts are a great signal to someone that you're a brony and you have to be confident and straightforward when meeting new people

• Like 2

Interesting. From my experience, the majority of people don't even recognize a Brony shirt or, if they do, choose to ignore it. Heck, I didn't even recognize Rainbow Dash as a My Little Pony until I asked my friends what their avatars were, lol.

Interesting. From my experience, the majority of people don't even recognize a Brony shirt or, if they do, choose to ignore it.

If your in certain areas, they do. When I go down to Atlanta, I never get any odd looks. If I'm walking around my local small-town, it's a different story (though whether they're staring at the Brony shirt, or the wolf tail is up for debate...)